PDA

View Full Version : If we win out we are guaranteed a playoff spot

gmenfan0488
12-17-2012, 01:19 AM
Just heard it on NBC, win out, and we're in.

BMW
12-17-2012, 01:25 AM
That's a big if.

Jtuck
12-17-2012, 01:27 AM
We ain't winning SH&&T! W e are physically and mentally SOFT@SS TEAM!

Buddy333
12-17-2012, 01:30 AM
Well that would make sense then. Look horrible and nothing like a contender then the next week come out fighting. I don't know. The difference with last year and this year is that when the defense struggled Eli carried the team. Doesn't look like he will this year but here's his last chance. Even if they win his week they still have the Eagles and we all know how he own the Giants.

ashleymarie
12-17-2012, 01:47 AM
Well that would make sense then. Look horrible and nothing like a contender then the next week come out fighting. I don't know. The difference with last year and this year is that when the defense struggled Eli carried the team. Doesn't look like he will this year but here's his last chance. Even if they win his week they still have the Eagles and we all know how he own the Giants.

I am coming around to your way of thinking on that. If we lose to the Eagles again, Wash or Dal will win that last game and we are out of it. Sick.

ashleymarie
12-17-2012, 01:49 AM

What exactly does "win out" mean? To win out next 2 games?

giantsfan420
12-17-2012, 02:01 AM
yes. win out is win the next 2. balt clinched a playoff birth which actually is good for us. theyll want to get back on track but wont be do or die like us. we should win but it will prob be close. we're gonna win the sb again i know it. its setting up perfectly for eli to get his hot streak at the perfect time. truth be told, with how hot n cold eli is, its almost a good thing he has his cold games now. but he has to turn it up next week.

erivera
12-17-2012, 02:36 AM
can somebody explain the specifics of tiebreakers because we're 9th in the nfc right now yet somehow we move up if we just win 2 games without help?

joemorrisforprez
12-17-2012, 02:39 AM
I am coming around to your way of thinking on that. If we lose to the Eagles again, Wash or Dal will win that last game and we are out of it. Sick.

If we can't beat the Eagles, Gilbride has to go. Period.

Toadofsteel
12-17-2012, 02:40 AM
If we win our we are guaranteed a worse pick in the draft... not like that matters though since JR refuses to draft an OL.

TomCat_FIN
12-17-2012, 03:11 AM
What does it matter. I don't want to watch this team with the current offensive coordinator in the playoffs.

I bet we get the Falcons again in the playoffs, but this time Gilbride has some surprises up his sleeve:

1) Draw plays from the shotgun
2) 5 yard passes on 3rd & 10.

Boy, I bet nobody will be expecting that stuff and that will for sure carry us to the promised land.

FrankAE
12-17-2012, 03:22 AM
That's not true, if Giants win out and so do Skins, they get the the tie breaker as division champs. Then a wildcard isn't guaranteed at 10-6

egyptian420
12-17-2012, 03:49 AM
That's not true, if Giants win out and so do Skins, they get the the tie breaker as division champs. Then a wildcard isn't guaranteed at 10-6If we win the next 2 we're in....trust me

rEaS
12-17-2012, 03:53 AM
yeah cause if the skins win out, then the cowgirls will have lost at least one more game.. so we would clinch the wildcard with a 10-6 record..

giantsfan420
12-17-2012, 04:44 AM
can somebody explain the specifics of tiebreakers because we're 9th in the nfc right now yet somehow we move up if we just win 2 games without help?for wildcard, tiebreakers go by 1. if teams from the same division are trying for the WC spot, division record. (Not the case and wont be the case with us. Dallas plays Washington, 1 will have to be 10-6 and 1 will have to be 9-7 if both win next week heading into week 17). the next tiebreaker, which is the one of importance to us bc we're fighting fr the WC spot with Seattle, Chi, Minn, etc etc, is conference record. We currently have the best Conf. record of all the WC in the hunt teams, even ahead of Washington. We're 7-4, next closest is 6-5. If we win out, it will be 8-4, best Conf record therefore WC.

at 10-6, based off what we know today at this moment, we would be guaranteed at worst the 6 seed but could be the 5th or 4th seed depending on other teams

Black
12-17-2012, 04:51 AM
said so on espn too!

win our last two games and we are in!

M00KIE
12-17-2012, 05:55 AM

Did you say that last week when they put up 52? No. Take the Bi-polar meds and enjoy the rest of the season.

nycsportzfan
12-17-2012, 06:35 AM
If we win the next 2 we're in....trust me

dude, were 9th in the playoffs right now..lol WHat are u talking about? THe vikings , cowboys, and bears are all ahead of us.. We can win both games and easily not be in... Where do u get ur info from?

BlueJayC
12-17-2012, 09:55 AM
dude, were 9th in the playoffs right now..lol WHat are u talking about? THe vikings , cowboys, and bears are all ahead of us.. We can win both games and easily not be in... Where do u get ur info from?

Incorrect.....the only potential Wildcard team with a better record is Seattle.....leaving one spot left for all the teams with the same record.....Giants included......IF the Giants win out they would have the best conference record of all and would get the last WC spot.

GameTime
12-17-2012, 10:01 AM
we all said last win three and and we are in...
now its down to win two and we ar in...
please this team lacks the balls......you see them winning 6 in a row from this point on??...

Jahh
12-17-2012, 10:02 AM
Did you say that last week when they put up 52? No. Take the Bi-polar meds and enjoy the rest of the season.

We play another team thats been getting abused this coming week. Something will have to give for soft *** teams.

Kruunch
12-17-2012, 10:03 AM

They're wrong.

Jahh
They're wrong.

Explain. Everyone is saying that.

Kruunch
please this team lacks the balls......you see them winning 6 in a row from this point on??...

Seriously ... when has this team ever done that.

Oh wait ...

AllHailEli
12-17-2012, 10:04 AM

Why are you so misinformed? We win out, we are in! Only one team between Cowboys and Redskins will go 10-6 at the most. If we go 10-6, we are ahead of the Bears and the Vikings. We are third right now in our division because both Redskins and Cowboys have better division records, thus we are ninth.

Jahh
12-17-2012, 10:07 AM
Our conference record is 7-4. If we are tied with anyone (besides dallas or skins), we are in. They break division ties prior to conference ties. Thus after these next two games are played its impossible to be tied with Skins AND Cowboys. At that point, conference record is compared to teams like Vikings, Bears, Hawks, etc. We have the conference record tie-breaker to those teams.

GameTime
12-17-2012, 10:07 AM
Seriously ... when has this team ever done that.

Oh wait ...

no no..I get that. I watched it happen like we all did. But in aint happening this year. if I eat crow on that I will enjoy every last damn bite of it....

Kruunch
12-17-2012, 10:09 AM
Explain. Everyone is saying that.

If Washington wins out they win the division.

If the Vikings and Seahawks win out, they're the wild cards.

Kruunch
12-17-2012, 10:10 AM
no no..I get that. I watched it happen like we all did. But in aint happening this year. if I eat crow on that I will enjoy every last damn bite of it....

Keeping expectations where they belong ... gotcha.

fizzlesticks
12-17-2012, 10:16 AM

If we both win out we would be the Vikings with a tiebreaker.

repeatchamps
12-17-2012, 10:16 AM

You are terribly wrong:

Giants win out they are 10-6 and 8-4 in the conference

Vikings win out they are 10-6 and 7-5 in the conference.

Giants in Vikings out.

Vikings have at Houston and Green Bay who will be both still be fighting for positioning. The Vikings will not win another game.

Kruunch
12-17-2012, 10:20 AM
You are terribly wrong:

Giants win out they are 10-6 and 8-4 in the conference

Vikings win out they are 10-6 and 7-5 in the conference.

Giants in Vikings out.

Vikings have at Houston and Green Bay who will be both still be fighting for positioning. The Vikings will not win another game.

Oh you are correct sir!

Miracle at the Met here we come!

yo-ho
12-17-2012, 10:22 AM

That was certainly revealed this weekend now wasn't it! Sad, just plain sad that a team that was the superbowl champion from the previous year could be made to look so flustered, so helpless so impotent. It was disgusting. And Coughlin in his press conference is disappointed. Why don't you get pissed of Tom? So some emotion. Your team embarrassed you, they could not even score a point. Where is the personal pride?

AllHailEli
12-17-2012, 10:22 AM

We are ahead of the Vikings, if we win out. We are 9th right now because we are tied with the Cowboys and the Redskins and they have better division records. Come week 17, we will either come 2nd or 1st in the division if we go 10-6 and in the playoffs.

repeatchamps
12-17-2012, 10:26 AM
More scenarios:

Giants, Vikings, Bears win out. All 10-6 but Giants would again sport the best conference record and knock out both teams.

Giants lose to Ravens, beat Eagles. Skins beat Eagles, Cowboys lose to Skins, Bears lose either at Cards or at Lions and Vikes lose either at Houston or Green Bay. Giants in at 9-7.

Kruunch
12-17-2012, 10:28 AM
More scenarios:

Giants, Vikings, Bears win out. All 10-6 but Giants would again sport the best conference record and knock out both teams.

Giants lose to Ravens, beat Eagles. Skins beat Eagles, Cowboys lose to Skins, Bears lose either at Cards or at Lions and Vikes lose either at Houston or Green Bay. Giants in at 9-7.

I was the kid who asked his math teacher "but what am I ever going to use this for?"

Silly me.

repeatchamps
12-17-2012, 10:34 AM
That was certainly revealed this weekend now wasn't it! Sad, just plain sad that a team that was the superbowl champion from the previous year could be made to look so flustered, so helpless so impotent. It was disgusting. And Coughlin in his press conference is disappointed. Why don't you get pissed of Tom? So some emotion. Your team embarrassed you, they could not even score a point. Where is the personal pride?

Were you in the locker room? That's what I thought. I'm sure Coughlin let them have it both at half time and after the game. Ranting and raving to the press isn't going to help matters.

nhpgiantsfan
12-17-2012, 10:40 AM

Sounds familiar. Oh yeah that's what they had to do last year..

repeatchamps
12-17-2012, 10:41 AM
More scenarios:

2nd scenario only works if Dallas loses to the Saints also. In other words if the Giants tie Dallas, Chicago and Minnesota at 9-7, Dallas wins the common opponent division tie breaker against the Giants eliminating the Giants because they beat Pittsburgh and Cincinatti and the Giants didn't. It would get to common opponent because the division records would be a wash.

nycsportzfan
12-17-2012, 10:44 AM
I will say, the stage is set up yet again for us to back into the playoffs..lol I mean, i'm just ridiculously angered in this cr-ap, but it would be remarkable if somehow we made the postseason and went on another crazy SB run in these circumstances..lol

Baltimore is reeling for a win as well though.. We shall see..

joemorrisforprez
12-17-2012, 10:46 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenario?algorithm=custom&14=05044151&15=50014000&16=00000100

The scenario above is based on Giants, Chicago, Vikings, and Seattle winning out.

It also has Washington winning out.

Based on those factors, Washington wins the NFC East, and the Giants get the wildcard.

If you flip Washington with Dallas (i.e., Dallas winning out), then Dallas wins the NFC East, and the Giants still get the wild card.

joemorrisforprez
12-17-2012, 10:49 AM
If we win our we are guaranteed a worse pick in the draft... not like that matters though since JR refuses to draft an OL.

Why draft an offensive lineman when JR could get a shifty receiver that might help out on punt returns?

EliDaMANning
12-17-2012, 10:50 AM
If the Giants beat the Ravens, we should be able to steamroll the Eagles and get into the playoffs. They have been a thorn on our sides and it's only fitting we're in this situation.

nycisgreat
12-17-2012, 10:55 AM
We will beat the Ravens and most likely lose to Philly. Andy owns us. Tuck is done. He isn't effective in any capacity. Canty is over paid. I hope we cut him. He talks to much for a guy that produces nothing. He isn't worth his contract. I wish that I was wrong, but inconsistencies of this team in just jaw dropping. We start out 6-2, and we're now 8-6 since then.

KG has to go. I know they are going to be some people that will say he helped us win 2 SBs. Yeah, yeah. yeah. I hear you, but if he is so good at what he does, why doesn't he get offers jobs in the pros or college level. Norv Turner was a good OC, and was offered multiple HC jobs. KG just one and hasn't sniffed one since then. The damn defense was on the field for 40 mins yesterday.

nycisgreat
12-17-2012, 10:57 AM
If the Giants beat the Ravens, we should be able to steamroll the Eagles and get into the playoffs. They have been a thorn on our sides and it's only fitting we're in this situation.

When was the last time the Giants steam rolled the Eagles? Many of the recent games we played against the Eagles we should've won, but didn't. Andy Reid's Eagles always bring their A game to play the Giants.

repeatchamps
12-17-2012, 10:59 AM
When was the last time the Giants steam rolled the Eagles?

Last season at Philly so not that long ago.

nycsportzfan
12-17-2012, 11:01 AM
Ya, i still don't get why the vikings matter so much? If Dallas wins out they take the 6seed which the vikings hold now, woulden't they?

ashleymarie
12-17-2012, 11:02 AM
Some of those games we squandered this season IF we had just won even one of them we would not be ******* on ourselves right now.

yo-ho
12-17-2012, 11:03 AM
Were you in the locker room? That's what I thought. I'm sure Coughlin let them have it both at half time and after the game. Ranting and raving to the press isn't going to help matters.

I guess I'm just used to Parcells telling it like it is in a press conference. At least with him you could tell he had disgust for how his team played. Coughlin just looks like he doesn't want to hurt the feelings of his sensitive players.

AllHailEli
12-17-2012, 11:04 AM
Ya, i still don't get why the vikings matter so much? If Dallas wins out they take the 6seed which the vikings hold now, woulden't they?

If Dallas wins out, they take the division. Redskins win out, they take the division. We win out, we will either take the division or take the wild card.

repeatchamps
12-17-2012, 11:04 AM

Until the Vikes can no longer get 10 wins they are in it. They lose once they are likely done. Vikes have at Houston and Green Bay who'll both still be fighting for positioning. So yeah, Minnesota will likely lose out anyway.

nycsportzfan
12-17-2012, 11:05 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenario?algorithm=custom&14=05044151&15=50014000&16=00000100

The scenario above is based on Giants, Chicago, Vikings, and Seattle winning out.

It also has Washington winning out.

Based on those factors, Washington wins the NFC East, and the Giants get the wildcard.

If you flip Washington with Dallas (i.e., Dallas winning out), then Dallas wins the NFC East, and the Giants still get the wild card. now i fully understand.. lol Took me awhile..lol

I tell ya, the Ravens are coming for blood this wk, and its on there home turf, so us winning out, when we haven't WON 2 in a row in quite so time seems highly unlikely.. Either way, they still got a chance.. These veterans better be able to turn it on like they do at this time in recent yrs! seriously, i'm gonna be peeved if this way of playing dosen't work out for them, and we blew a chance at the postseason!

Jahh
12-17-2012, 11:09 AM
now i fully understand.. lol Took me awhile..lol

I tell ya, the Ravens are coming for blood this wk, and its on there home turf, so us winning out, when we haven't WON 2 in a row in quite so time seems highly unlikely.. Either way, they still got a chance.. These veterans better be able to turn it on like they do at this time in recent yrs! seriously, i'm gonna be peeved if this way of playing dosen't work out for them, and we blew a chance at the postseason!

Ravens are similar to us right now except they've clinched a playoff birth. I'm not confident in either team and Ravens are working with a new offensive coordinator going into this second week.

nycisgreat
12-17-2012, 11:09 AM
Last season at Philly so not that long ago.

I know the Victor Cruz breakout game.

How many times we beat the Eagles in the past 5 years Including playoffs?

AllHailEli
12-17-2012, 11:11 AM
I know the Victor Cruz breakout game.

How many times we beat the Eagles in the past 5 years Including playoffs?

Mind over matter, people. Mind over matter. :)

Hooligans
12-17-2012, 11:19 AM
There is zero chance of the Giants winning out.....the only way they might make the playoffs is help from other teams......and even if that happens, it will be one 'n done in the playoffs......this team couldn't score a single point against the mediocre Falcon Defense. The Giants have not looked this bad on offense since the 1995 as a 5-11 team under Coach Reeves with Dave Brown at QB.....right now Dave Brown looks like a step up from Eli.

eastbayblue
12-17-2012, 01:11 PM
can somebody explain the specifics of tiebreakers because we're 9th in the nfc right now yet somehow we move up if we just win 2 games without help?

We are not 9th, we own tie breaker via nfc conf record over vikings, bears and seahawks. If we win last 2, since wash or dallas will have to lose we will get wild card.
With regards to division, obviously Redskins will have better division record so they win in a tie. If Cowboys have same division record as us via a loss to the redskins they still have tie breaker over us via common games.