PDA

View Full Version : What do you think NE's O.C. does differently than KG

giantsfan420
12-17-2012, 02:13 AM
Just curious as to what you guys around here think it is that Mcdaniels does differently than KG. How does NE's offense function, whats their scheme/strategy compared to ours...

One thing off the top of my head, with how well they distribute the passes to multiple targets, I dont know if they run a sight adjustment offense the way we do. It seems like they have more definite routes (with the ability to option out of the route if need be) but that they scheme it so the route combos they run with diff targets ultimately frees up the intended target. Like crossing routes, and pick plays. It also seems like they place an emphasis on making solid cuts at a certain area, and Brady getting rid of the ball right as the target is making his cut, putting the ball right on him making it almost impossible to defend.

Also seems like they are way more advanced in terms of hurry up, and mixing things up but still keeping the immaculate protection for Brady. He constantly is getting clean pockets. Whatever protection scheme they use, I wish we'd get it over here. Whose their OL coach? Figured he'd get a promotion somewhere

Flip Empty
12-17-2012, 02:15 AM
Tailors the scheme to the personnel instead of forcing the personnel to adapt.

BurnerNYG
12-17-2012, 02:18 AM
Tailors his scheme towards the personnel instead of forcing the personnel to adapt to the scheme.Bingo. Our offense is plain Jane... I haven't seen a flea flicker since Coughlin's been here. I was surprised to see a direct snap today. New England tries different things... they even ran a QB draw with Brady tonight.

TheEnigma
12-17-2012, 02:19 AM

Bingo. If they had Two All-Star RBs, they would find a way to utilize both of them majority of the time.

Manning
12-17-2012, 02:20 AM
Brady is allowed to do what he wants. The QB sneaks, Brady no huddle... They improvise. They also take advantage of the defense incredibly by doing things like this. Eli follows Gilbrides orders for better or worse. We never run no huddle except in two minute drill. I just hate the stubbornness of the coaches. It's my only real complaint.

PennState1
12-17-2012, 02:21 AM
When they have injured players they go out and get serviceable vets. They plug and play. We play huts who can't run or jump because they are injured.

joemorrisforprez
12-17-2012, 02:22 AM

WINNER!!!!

BuffyBlueII
12-17-2012, 02:24 AM

+1

Giantz4Life
12-17-2012, 02:26 AM
Brady is allowed to do what he wants. The QB sneaks, Brady no huddle... They improvise. They also take advantage of the defense incredibly by doing things like this. Eli follows Gilbrides orders for better or worse. We never run no huddle except in two minute drill. I just hate the stubbornness of the coaches. It's my only real complaint.

I feel the same way. They trust Brady to make the correct read. I wish they would give Eli more control of the offense. And I agree the coaches' (Coughlin included) stubbornness is one of the most irritating things to me.

Toadofsteel
12-17-2012, 02:30 AM

If that doesn't highlight Killdrive as a one-trick pony, I don't know what does...

Hell, even PF tailors his scheme to personnel to an extent (which is why Nascar and 3 Safety sets are a thing). And, hey, look, PF isn't a freaking dinosaur... killdrive is too old and senile to continue at OC. I think KG2 would have a better gameplan than his father at this point...

And don't get me started on TC...

TheEnigma
12-17-2012, 02:34 AM
You guys ever watch Futurama? Gilbride would be doing the Run & Shoot even 300 years from now as a cyborg coach while other teams would of moved on. Draw...Draw...DRAW!

Toadofsteel
12-17-2012, 02:36 AM
You guys ever watch Futurama? Gilbride would be doing the Run & Shoot even 300 years from now as a cyborg coach while other teams would of moved on. Draw...Draw...DRAW!

MULTIBALL!!!
http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/1/13650000/ngbbs46c0fa2415629.jpg

TheShouldersOf
12-17-2012, 02:36 AM

as others have said, i concur

The Giants coaches/coordinators are stubborn and 'My Way Is The Way' instead of working with the skill sets of each individual to maximizes the talent

stormblue
12-17-2012, 02:47 AM
the difference is Josh Mcdaniels sends his plays in to Brady

giantsfan420
12-17-2012, 03:06 AM
the difference is Josh Mcdaniels sends his plays in to Bradywhat does that even mean

stormblue
12-17-2012, 03:12 AM
what does that even mean

OP's question
WHAT DO YOU THINK NE'S O.C. DOES DIFFERENTLY THAN KG (http://boards.giants.com/showthread.php?25278-What-do-you-think-NE-s-O.C.-does-differently-than-KG/page2)

my answer ;

pretty self explanatory i would think.

TomCat_FIN
12-17-2012, 03:14 AM
I'm also sure they wouldn't run the same effing play four times in a row after noticing that the opponent caught up to it after the 2nd time.

And I'm also pretty sure that they wouldn't pass the pall 6 yards BACKWARDS on 3rd and long and that pass wouldn't end up a fumble 20 yards down the field.

I'm also confident that they wouldn't call for a 5 yard passing play on 3rd & 10 with their team trailing.

stormblue
12-17-2012, 03:19 AM
I'm also sure they wouldn't run the same effing play four times in a row after noticing that the opponent caught up to it after the 2nd time.

And I'm also pretty sure that they wouldn't pass the pall 6 yards BACKWARDS on 3rd and long and that pass wouldn't end up a fumble 20 yards down the field.

I'm also confident that they wouldn't call for a 5 yard passing play on 3rd & 10 with their team trailing.

and i'm confident that Brady probably would audible into something better.

TomCat_FIN
12-17-2012, 03:22 AM
and i'm confident that Brady probably would audible into something better.

This also. And Brady would probably run for a couple of first downs himself.

Marvelousmik
12-17-2012, 03:30 AM
NE plays a lot of 4 wide sets while we play a more traditional old school offense. I would love to see us line up with 4 wideouts more often. It would open up the playbook and give guys like randel more opportunities to showcase his potential and it would also make it more difficult for teams to defend us.

TomCat_FIN
12-17-2012, 03:32 AM
NE plays a lot of 4 wide sets while we play a more traditional old school offense. I would love to see us line up with 4 wideouts more often. It would open up the playbook and give guys like randel more opportunities to showcase his potential and it would also make it more difficult for teams to defend us.

3rd and 7, 4 wides, shotgun

KG would call for a draw or a minus 3 yard screen pass

Marvelousmik
12-17-2012, 03:36 AM
3rd and 7, 4 wides, shotgun

KG would call for a draw or a minus 3 yard screen pass

well eli could also check out of a draw or audible to it if need be. thats not really the problem. However i do feel that our plays have become predictable to the point where defenses know exactly what we are doing.

giantsfan420
12-17-2012, 04:55 AM
OP's question
WHAT DO YOU THINK NE'S O.C. DOES DIFFERENTLY THAN KG (http://boards.giants.com/showthread.php?25278-What-do-you-think-NE-s-O.C.-does-differently-than-KG/page2)

my answer ;

pretty self explanatory i would think.

r u under the impression KG, or every other OC in the league, doesnt send in the plays to the QB? do u mean thru the helmet, or by player like they do in high school football? bc i dunno why ud think that but brady gets his play calls thru the helmet like everyone else, and thats when he isnt calling his own plays