PDA

View Full Version : The Giants are going to the playoffs...

nygsince1983
12-17-2012, 03:51 AM
As bad as today was, Big Blue will make the playoffs. The coaches and players got too confident after the Saints game and were emotionally drained and did not show up for today's game. I do believe changes are needed in the offseason but until then its a brand new season once the playoffs starts. Lets not forget 07, Big blue was the six seed and became the Champs..
Nyg 28 - 21 Ravens
Nyg 35 - 14 philthy
Nyg4life

giantsfan420
12-17-2012, 03:58 AM
to be honest, today might have been perfect for us to make another run. today was embarassing. should fire our guys up. and eli is so hot/cold, thats its kinda a good thing he had a cold game now, so he can get on his usual 5-6 game hot streak.

this is kinda the formula we follow, play ur best towards the end. we havent come close to playn our best...yet. i think we start ascending next week, clinch vs philly, and then go on a tear in the playoffs and repeat...just a feeling i have based on last year

egyptian420
12-17-2012, 04:03 AM
It could very well happen but I certainly don't "expect" it to happen. I think we have the capability to do it but will we? We won't know that until the Baltimore game. I've seen us turn it on at the end of the season (2011) and I've seen us get completely shattered in the end of the season (2009, 2010)

We won't know what kind of year this will be until these 2 final games are done

Diamondring
12-17-2012, 05:06 AM
I think it is over. The Giants are getting stupid.

nycsportzfan
12-17-2012, 05:53 AM
The bears got Cards and Lions on there schedule and there ahead of us right now.. THe cowboys got the saints and redskins and are ahead of us right now.. The vikings got Pack and Texans and are ahead of us right now.. Were 9th in the playoff standings.. Winning out might not be close to enough..a

To be honest, serves this group of giants right.. I continued to say this whole back ur way in will blow up in ur face one yr, and even one yr of blowing a playoff chance by becoming laxadazical and being uncompetitive in crucial games is one yr to much! Its a very classsless unit that can't handle winning SB's to well, as they seem to let it go to there head, and just excpet to back into playoffs and turn it on when ever they want..

THis is why i've said we need a new group of Veterans on this team, because the old guard is flat out lazy, and they've won 2 SB's and don't look hungry at all.. I freaking knew that this back ur way in crud was gonna cost us one yr! I just knew it!

rcrane
12-17-2012, 06:29 AM
back ur way in? it cost us in 2010 didnt it?

nycsportzfan
12-17-2012, 06:50 AM
back ur way in? it cost us in 2010 didnt it? Ya, and the worst part is its all a "effort" thing.. How pathetic is it that these dudes can't even stay motivated for 16days a yr? I mean, u play 16games, and u can't come out motivated 16times in a full calender yr when ur getting paid millions of dollars?

Like i've said over and over this yr, its time to get rid of the old guard, guys like Corey Webeter, Justin Tuck, Osi, David Diehl, and all the guys who were on both championship clubs, because are younger players come in and see the way these guys go about there bussiness, and were gonna be playing like this, and having games like this forever, as there just passing on there stupid ways to the younger guys... I 've said this a million times now..

Ur leaders can't just not show up in crucial games, and just back in every yr, without it catching up with u, and worse yet, passing that mentality onto ur younger guys... It all ready loojks like its happening with JPP, whos motor is nothing like it was his first 2seasons.. THen again, watching OSI and TUCk day in and day out will do that 2 anyone... TIme to get rid of those guys...

nycsportzfan
12-17-2012, 06:51 AM
we scored 52 one wk and 0 the next..lol And people who think its anything but a effort thing are completly blind.. If that dosen't tell all u need to know, nothing will..

Hooligans
12-17-2012, 06:54 AM
As bad as today was, Big Blue will make the playoffs. The coaches and players got too confident after the Saints game and were emotionally drained and did not show up for today's game. I do believe changes are needed in the offseason but until then its a brand new season once the playoffs starts. Lets not forget 07, Big blue was the six seed and became the Champs..
Nyg 28 - 21 Ravens
Nyg 35 - 14 philthy
Nyg4life

The Ravens held Peyton Manning-the elite QB in the family- to 204 passing yards.....they might hold noodle arm Eli under 100.

Redeyejedi
12-17-2012, 06:54 AM
The bears got Cards and Lions on there schedule and there ahead of us right now.. THe cowboys got the saints and redskins and are ahead of us right now.. The vikings got Pack and Texans and are ahead of us right now.. Were 9th in the playoff standings.. Winning out might not be close to enough..a

To be honest, serves this group of giants right.. I continued to say this whole back ur way in will blow up in ur face one yr, and even one yr of blowing a playoff chance by becoming laxadazical and being uncompetitive in crucial games is one yr to much! Its a very classsless unit that can't handle winning SB's to well, as they seem to let it go to there head, and just excpet to back into playoffs and turn it on when ever they want..

THis is why i've said we need a new group of Veterans on this team, because the old guard is flat out lazy, and they've won 2 SB's and don't look hungry at all.. I freaking knew that this back ur way in crud was gonna cost us one yr! I just knew it! Giants control, there own destiny so the standings mean nothing. The only reason the Giants are 9th is because of breaking ties within the division is 1st tiebreaker but since that wont matter when Skins or Cowboys lose in week 17 the Giants jump the Bears, and Viking based on conference record Giants win 2 they are in

These are the real playoff seeds based on Controlling destiny

1.ATL
2.SF
3.GB
4.Wash/Dal Winner wins NFC East loser is out
5.Seahwks
6.Giants

if all these teams win last 2 games this is what it looks like
Giants also have tiebreaker on Seahawks.

Hooligans
12-17-2012, 07:05 AM
Giants control, there own destiny so the standings mean nothing. The only reason the Giants are 9th is because of breaking ties within the division is 1st tiebreaker but since that wont matter when Skins or Cowboys lose in week 17 the Giants jump the Bears, and Viking based on conference record Giants win 2 they are in

1.ATL
2.SF
3.GB
5.Seahwks
6.Giants

Giants also have tiebreaker on Seahawks.

Why would anyone in the universe think the Giants are going to win their last two games? The Ravens held Peyton Manning, a REAL elite QB, to 203 yards passing......just think what they will do much less talented little brother Eli!

SweetZombieJesus
12-17-2012, 07:05 AM
The coaches and players got too confident after the Saints game and were emotionally drained and did not show up for today's game.

Sometimes this team stays emotionally drained and shellshocked.

See 2010 when they were 8 minutes away from locking up the division against Philly and gave up 28 points. With playoffs still on the line the following week against the Packers they sleepwalked and as a result, no playoffs at all. From locking up the division to out of the playoffs in 68 minutes.

Redeyejedi
12-17-2012, 07:07 AM
Giants could actually clinch a Wildcard berth next week if

Giants win

and

Bears lose to Arizona
Redskins lose to Philly
Dallas loses to NO
Vikings lose to Texans

Redeyejedi
12-17-2012, 07:08 AM
Why would anyone in the universe think the Giants are going to win their last two games? The Ravens held Peyton Manning, a REAL elite QB, to 203 yards passing......just think what they will do much less talented little brother Eli! Ravens have lost 3 straight games and fired their Offensive coordinator last week. They are more dysfunctional then the Giants. Peyton had less yards because they ran the ball down their throat. They held the ball for 38 minutes

nycsportzfan
12-17-2012, 07:17 AM
Giants control, there own destiny so the standings mean nothing. The only reason the Giants are 9th is because of breaking ties within the division is 1st tiebreaker but since that wont matter when Skins or Cowboys lose in week 17 the Giants jump the Bears, and Viking based on conference record Giants win 2 they are in

1.ATL
2.SF
3.GB
5.Seahwks
6.Giants

Giants also have tiebreaker on Seahawks. I didn't know that.. I love what JPP said about "i'm tired of hereing we been here before! Forgot all that! We gotta go out and play!"...

Finally a young player kinda takes a knock at the veterans who continue to put the giants in this positon yr in and yr out, where they make things way harder then they ahve to be, and have the most embaressing games u would ever want to see against opponets, they should at least be competitive against..

I'm telling you, its the veterans who just don't show up , and think they got next wk to show up, and they will show up, when its litteraly season or bust.. That will cost u at some point, and even having that cost u once, is way to much..

Theres a whole article in the post on what i'm talking about, and have talked about for wks now...

nycsportzfan
12-17-2012, 07:21 AM
Ravens have lost 3 straight games and fired their Offensive coordinator last week. They are more dysfunctional then the Giants. Peyton had less yards because they ran the ball down their throat. They held the ball for 38 minutes I'm sorry, but it woulden't shock me to see the giants defeat the Ravens and then come back and lose by 17to Philly or something..

To bad, ELI had to throw that inexplicably stupid pass to barden the first time we played Philly, when we were in chip shot FG range(not that it was guranteed with Tynes as our K but still..) , or we'd be in 1st by a game still..

How in the world do u score 52 one wk, and zero the next???lol They sure don't try to hide the fact that they show up some wks, and don't others.. They litteraly only show up when they feel its a season on the line game.. Just like the saints and pack games.. Those both felt like they were season on the line games...

Redeyejedi
12-17-2012, 07:52 AM
I'm sorry, but it woulden't shock me to see the giants defeat the Ravens and then come back and lose by 17to Philly or something..

To bad, ELI had to throw that inexplicably stupid pass to barden the first time we played Philly, when we were in chip shot FG range(not that it was guranteed with Tynes as our K but still..) , or we'd be in 1st by a game still..

How in the world do u score 52 one wk, and zero the next???lol They sure don't try to hide the fact that they show up some wks, and don't others.. They litteraly only show up when they feel its a season on the line game.. Just like the saints and pack games.. Those both felt like they were season on the line games...Nothing the Giants do good or bad shocks me anymore. Yesterday they flat out gave up. I honestly think the players saw Eli didnt have it and shut down

BillTheGreek
12-17-2012, 07:55 AM
JUST WIN !

yo-ho
12-17-2012, 08:25 AM
I don't see how anyone can have any confidence that this team can be any kind of threat in the playoffs this year even if some by some miracle we get in.
this following things are killing this team. 1) The bad Eli is back, 2) We can't run the ball for sh&*^%t 3) Because we can't run the ball Gilbride is pass happy, and that has lead to some bad interceptions. 4) The pass rush is hit or miss depending on the game, and mostly miss. 4) Can't stop the run.

I hate that we have become pass happy. It's great when you are in sync and you put up a bunch of points, but when you are not in sync, you get your butts handed to you. Eli has proven this year that he is not consistent enough to put a pass heavy game plan in this hand every game.

I don't have a lot of faith that this year will end well. I hope they draft or pick up some road grader offense linemen.

EliIsTheBaas
12-17-2012, 08:31 AM
Yo-ho, people have confidence because this team can do it. They've beat the 9ers, packers, and the saints who had everything to play for. IF they show up and play their best football, they're superbowl favourites. Itsbasically the confidence of that what we've seen will eventually be what they are.

Kruunch
12-17-2012, 08:31 AM
Nothing the Giants do good or bad shocks me anymore. Yesterday they flat out gave up. I honestly think the players saw Eli didnt have it and shut down

As good an explanation as I could come up with.

This team definitely goes where Eli takes them.

Toadofsteel
12-17-2012, 08:34 AM
I didn't know that.. I love what JPP said about "i'm tired of hereing we been here before! Forgot all that! We gotta go out and play!"...

Finally a young player kinda takes a knock at the veterans who continue to put the giants in this positon yr in and yr out, where they make things way harder then they ahve to be, and have the most embaressing games u would ever want to see against opponets, they should at least be competitive against..

I'm telling you, its the veterans who just don't show up , and think they got next wk to show up, and they will show up, when its litteraly season or bust.. That will cost u at some point, and even having that cost u once, is way to much..

Theres a whole article in the post on what i'm talking about, and have talked about for wks now...

I saw Wilson trying to run out on the field every play, and trying to motivate the team on the sidelines. I think you're carrying it a little too far with the Tynes thing (hell, even Vinateri and Akers have missed more this season), but other than that I definitely agree that a lot of the veterans have seemingly stopped caring.

yo-ho
12-17-2012, 09:14 AM
Yo-ho, people have confidence because this team can do it. They've beat the 9ers, packers, and the saints who had everything to play for. IF they show up and play their best football, they're superbowl favourites. Itsbasically the confidence of that what we've seen will eventually be what they are.

"IF THEY SHOW UP" is the big question then isn't it, because they have been plenty of games this year that they didn't show up. It's starting to get pretty commonplace that we are starting games in a deep whole that we have to climb out of. Either Eli throws an early pick, or we do that dance where we throw an in-completion on first down, run for little gain on second down (because they know we run after a first down in completion), and throw deep incomplete on third down, then punt.

Eli is going to have to turn into the good Eli and carry this team if we are going anywhere. Coughlin is going to have to reach real deep and make this team throw a switch and turn things on for the rest of the season, because the team that we have seen so far is not going to make it very far.

joemorrisforprez
12-17-2012, 09:22 AM
I have no faith in Gilbride....I'd give us a 50/50 chance of the playoffs, at best.

N.E. Pa GiantFan
12-17-2012, 09:24 AM
I think they are done. While they had similar slumps in '07 and '11, they also had worse slumps and failed to make the playoffs in 2009 and 2010. What happened yesterday was more like '09 and '10. Yesterday's loss was BAD. The Defense stunk. The front 4 were completely dominated by the Atlanta O-Line. The secondary got torched. The Offense stunk. Eli was bad. He was throwing into double coverage while Martellus Bennet was open. His OL did not protect him, and he was constantly under pressure. The Special Teams' effort was characterized by Tynes' miss on a chip shot FG attempt. How do you not show up for such an important game? Professionals? NOT!

gumby74
12-17-2012, 09:27 AM
I think they are done. While they had similar slumps in '07 and '11, they also had worse slumps and failed to make the playoffs in 2009 and 2010. What happened yesterday was more like '09 and '10. Yesterday's loss was BAD. The Defense stunk. The front 4 were completely dominated by the Atlanta O-Line. The secondary got torched. The Offense stunk. Eli was bad. He was throwing into double coverage while Martellus Bennet was open. His OL did not protect him, and he was constantly under pressure. The Special Teams' effort was characterized by Tynes' miss on a chip shot FG attempt. How do you not show up for such an important game? Professionals? NOT!

To be fair, people forget how terrible we were in 07 also. Remember the Vikings game? Last year definitely had a different feel to it.

BuffyBlueII
12-17-2012, 09:34 AM
As good an explanation as I could come up with.This team definitely goes where Eli takes them.This entire team sucks right now, Eli included. This is bad year for himOsi and Tuck are continuing to infect the mentality of other players. NY Giants flat out quit yesterday. Folks harp that our coordinators and coaches are not the problem at all but when was the last time you have seen Steelers or Patriots come out with the effort we gave yesterday and in other games this year? How long do you think Bellichek or Tomlin would tolerate that?

plc
12-17-2012, 09:55 AM
We should all be very happy that here we are the end of December and we win 2 games and we have a chance to defend our championship.After last year all I wanted from BIG BLUE was to be kept interested till the Holidays.Well here we are and this team still can go all the way.Win 6 games and we are home.Suppose yesterday was a playoff game and we lost by 1 point you know how we would feel.It was not that.We can and will make a run at this, I know this .Keep the faith all.The Giants do this to us just about every year but they have proven in the past that they can win the big games unlike many other teams with good regular season records.

45Jones
12-17-2012, 10:03 AM
We've brought in a quest speaker to address this subject:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ab2pnlWkd4