PDA

View Full Version : Questions I am sure we all want the answer to...

NYGBandit
12-17-2012, 05:41 AM
As the identity of our team changes from week to week and we never seem to do anything well longer than a few games lets ask these questions.

1. Why can't we do what other teams to with talented players... They claim Wilson can't block yet... so why don't we chip and squirt him into the flat... I am sure the other team would have to account for his explosiveness and dial up a more predictable blitz.

2. Big Bodies in the red zone... Why does Barden never get into the game in the red zone? In the beginning of the year we split Bennet out wide a few times and threw it up to him with great success... Why did that go away? It wasn't that it stopped working... we just stopped doing it...

3. Why do we NEVER run hurry up outside of a HURRY UP situation? Eli Manning may be the best HUO QB in the league. How many games did we screw the pooch last year and he rescued us with his play in the 4th quarter when the play-calling is out of killdrive's hands?

4. Why do we never run\gap blitz? We have fast gap penetrating players... why don't we line up Osi or Tuck as a joker like we used to and have him read and pick a gap. We have 4 guys hands in the dirt every time and hardly ever blitz. We also used to blitz DBs more... you would figure a guy like Hosley or Will Hill who don't have as much experience on the defense would deflect some of the coverage issues and make the QB guess a little more.

5. Why can Bradshaw fumble twice in one game and essentially cost us the game, but Wilson fumbles once and is buried on the depth chart forever? Same thing with blocking, Bradshaw makes plenty of mistakes and he is in there every time. Wilson makes one mistake and our street free agent who barely knows the offense is put in to start the rest of the game. I mean it clearly worked taking him out because the problem was fixed right? Oh... wait... no points?

6. Why do we try to use Cruz like a traditional X receiver when he is clearly a Z or Y? He doesn't line up in the slot nearly as much as he used to... I see Hixon and Randle there... but those guys always seem to have more success on the outside... Cruz reminds me of Percy Harvin. Built with a little power but a smallish guy with a unique skillset.

7. Where the hell has Hynoski gone? We keep spreading teams out for the shotgun draw which I'll get to later... that guy was great... playaction to the running back and flip it to him in the flat for 5-6. Gilbride has since removed it from the playbook for it being too productive I guess.

8. Shotgun Draw, where do I begin... On paper it seems great, it averages 4.3 yards per carry... why that is great no!? Unfortunately it is a 12 yard gain a 2 yard gain then a 1 yard loss... now we ran it today 3 consecutive plays just as we got into the red zone... 6 yards... 2 yards... 0 yards... on consecutive plays. I know Manning gets 3 plays normally and 2 plays out of shotgun... so if they are in a pass defense he audibles to the called draw... this is stupid. Why oh why would anyone EVER call the draw 3 plays in a row? We need to get Buddy Ryan in here to take some shots at Gilbride.

9. Why do we continue to have Nicks run outside option routes... it is clear this guy doesn't have the speed he had last year from injuries... lets let him run ins, slants, drags, stops and use his long arms and big hands to get the ball. Body out the corner. Otherwise, put it Barden or Hixon to play split end and use him seldomly to give us 10-15 good snaps a game instead of 40 mediocre ones.

10. LAWRENCE TYNES - THIS GUY SUCKS... I tried calling a radio show earlier this year and was LAUGHED at... they quoted his stats saying he was having a probowl year... any kicker can kick 25 yarders when your team sucks in the red zone and u have 30+ kicks inside the 30... I have to watch Sebastian Janikowski who is 75 years old banging 57 yarders into the wind when our kicker can't make a kick over 40 yards... hell, he missed one from like 30 today... and do you guys notice almost none of his kicks go right down the middle... they are always within a few feet of missing... sick of this guy's weak inaccurate leg... you guys can say I'm crazy and there is more to list...

SOLUTIONS:

#1 FIRE GILBRIDE: get a more creative offense going, keep the system, keep the terminology, get a new playcaller and unleash our QB, not turn him into an overpaid game manager who has to throw against the perfect defense for our predictable play call every play.

#2 LET THE TALENT ON THE FIELD: for the love of god, the best way to learn something is to do it and experience it and then fix it, if it breaks. We benched our rookie running back so that some guy off the street could steal his valuable gametime reps for us to still get shut out anyways... so what did we really gain other than experience for a guy we are cutting next year? That, and Barden rotting on our bench when he could help us SITUATIONALLY.

#3 RUN THE HURRY UP: Seriously, we thrive in it because of solution #1... Manning carried us last year with it, why don't we just do what we're good at.

#4 STOP TRICKING OURSELVES: We're going up against the last ranked pass defense in Washington and we're piling up monster yards throwing the ball and the second half we run the ball and only pass 11 times and go 3 and out on almost every series... but we were winning passing... stay passing? Why do we always try to trick the other team by surprising them by attacking their strength... if a guy has a gun in one hand and a slingshot in the other... do you ask to be shot with the gun?

Please respond with comments on any of this rant.

TheShouldersOf
12-17-2012, 12:27 PM
I concur with most if not all you said

a lot of Players and Coaches are overrated, and not held accountable because of the Two Rings,

ibbill
12-17-2012, 12:40 PM
#3 RUN THE HURRY UP: Seriously, we thrive in it because of solution #1... Manning carried us last year with it, why don't we just do what we're good at.

I watch Dallas do it all the time and Eli can but its the old school coaches that say NO to it.We need to give the O a little spark.

NYGBandit
12-17-2012, 12:57 PM
Agreed, part of the problem of why we play down to our competition is that we have such a vanilla gameplan that it is designed to beat people the same way whether they are a team of stars or a team of bums... unfortunately this leaves 0 room for error and we could beat the best team or lose to the worst time in back to back weeks based on 1-2 critical errors in the game.

We should be dictating the flow of games by mustering tons of points.

Not trying to skate along with a 3 point lead all the time.

Razur
12-17-2012, 01:02 PM
Your solutions ONLY address the Offense.

We have veered away from our legacy and that is a dominant defense, that gets off the field quickly. Our defense today is mediocre, and our Offense is too many times playing catch up, because of lousy defense and points racking up against us early. The Hurry Up we deployed last season was in fact used a lot to make up points and close up the gap in the final minutes to win. We never used it as part of the straight game plan, like The Pats do or Peyton does. Our O gets tanked early, and probably would never survive the physical out lay of a Hurry Up offense 6-7 play series.

Our Defense & ST need to create 3 and outs, and give us short field. Our O is much more effective with a shorter field. And there is nothing we can do if we're sitting on the bench for 9 minutes waiting to get on the field.

gumby74
12-17-2012, 01:12 PM
Your solutions ONLY address the Offense.

We have veered away from our legacy and that is a dominant defense, that gets off the field quickly. Our defense today is mediocre, and our Offense is too many times playing catch up, because of lousy defense and points racking up against us early. The Hurry Up we deployed last season was in fact used a lot to make up points and close up the gap in the final minutes to win. We never used it as part of the straight game plan, like The Pats do or Peyton does. Our O gets tanked early, and probably would never survive the physical out lay of a Hurry Up offense 6-7 play series.

Our Defense & ST need to create 3 and outs, and give us short field. Our O is much more effective with a shorter field. And there is nothing we can do if we're sitting on the bench for 9 minutes waiting to get on the field.

Our defense sucks, but they've only really given up 20 per game.

NYGBandit
12-17-2012, 03:48 PM
Our defense sucks, but they've only really given up 20 per game.

Our defense despite being horrible... is giving up 20 points a game and is generating a lot of turnovers...
not to mention they get beaten down late game by our offense not sustaining drives...

I would say most of the problems IS our offense. Which is supposedly our strength.

JMGGIANTS
12-17-2012, 04:23 PM
Tynes had been a model of consistency all year until his recent rough stretch. To say he sucks is ridiculous. Sure he doesn't have the 50+ yard leg but he has been very good this year.

NYGBandit
12-17-2012, 04:40 PM
Tynes had been a model of consistency all year until his recent rough stretch. To say he sucks is ridiculous. Sure he doesn't have the 50+ yard leg but he has been very good this year.

You are the exact reason this guy has a job... look man... Take a look at the length of his kicks.. if he makes a 50 yarder against philly we win that game... he has cost us 2 games this year...

Now you are saying he doesnt have a 50+ yard leg... he doesnt have a 40+ yard leg... he has missed his last 4 attempts over 40 yards...

It's easy to go 30 for 30 when all of your kicks are under 40 yards... and ill repeat.. watch the games.. his field goals are always dangerously close to being a miss... watch other decent kickers its down the middle every time...

And on top of it he has missed 2 kicks inside of 40 in the passed 2 games... this guy DOES NOT get a pass...

It's like saying... well our running back has 20 touchdowns this year on 60 carries! he's having a hall of fame year! when his 60 carries are all from inside the 2...