PDA

View Full Version : Eli, Defense Stink It Up As Big Blue Lose Control Of NFC East

RoanokeFan
12-17-2012, 06:46 AM
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giant...s4FieRooFGvMwI (http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/eli_defense_stink_it_up_as_XSA5ONoys4FieRooFGvMwI)

Excerpt: "The bridge has been torn down, forcing the Giants to create their own identity, no longer tethered to the Super Bowl glory of a year ago. There is no way to say anything that happened last season has anything to do with this season, not after the Giants went down to Georgia and were bedeviled by the Falcons in a historically bad loss yesterday.

Seven days after a joyride 52-27 pounding of the Saints, the Giants believed they were a team on the rise but indeed found out the folly of that thought. They did nothing on either side of the ball and were thoroughly and completely humbled and embarrassed by the Falcons 34-0 inside the Georgia Dome in a statement game for both teams.

The Falcons(12-2) showed they are for real. The Giants (8-6), leaving themselves with no playoff-entry margin for error, showed they are capable of anything, anywhere, good, bad or indifferent, which is no way for a true contender to operate.

Im tired of that Weve been here before. Forget all that, Jason Pierre-Paul said. Im tired of hearing it. Theres no Weve been here before.

Hes right. These Giants now the third-place Giants have not been here before, not after absorbing the worst shutout loss by a defending Super Bowl champion in NFL history. It was the first time under Tom Coughlin the Giants have been shut out in the regular season the only other shutout was a playoff loss to the Panthers in 2005.

I dont want to say Im shocked by it, but where was it? Coughlin said, wondering where the heck his teams consistency went." Read more...

giantyankee1976
12-17-2012, 08:31 AM
SMH

Our Perry Sheridan Lewis' defense is S-O-F-T

Our O-Line is S-O-F-T

Bad Eli showed up again...

Draft and Free Agency: O-Tackles and Guards as top prioroty, get a Power Back to spell Bradshaw and Wilson (maybe)

Power Football is key... Time of Possession, wear down defenses, demoralize the opponent, opens up Playaction ...

Toadofsteel
12-17-2012, 08:42 AM
SMH

Our Perry Sheridan Lewis' defense is S-O-F-T

Our O-Line is S-O-F-T

Bad Eli showed up again...

Draft and Free Agency: O-Tackles and Guards as top prioroty, get a Power Back to spell Bradshaw and Wilson (maybe)

Power Football is key... Time of Possession, wear down defenses, demoralize the opponent, opens up Playaction ...

I dont think we need to draft a power back... Brown can do that. O-line and D-line need serious upgrades though.

I for one do want to see what Ojomo and Tracy can do before drafting there, but we need to gut the entire O-line and draft O-line only in the first 4 rounds, maybe with a CB in there somewhere as well...

gumby74
12-17-2012, 08:56 AM
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giant...s4FieRooFGvMwI (http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/eli_defense_stink_it_up_as_XSA5ONoys4FieRooFGvMwI)

Excerpt: "The bridge has been torn down, forcing the Giants to create their own identity, no longer tethered to the Super Bowl glory of a year ago. There is no way to say anything that happened last season has anything to do with this season, not after the Giants went down to Georgia and were bedeviled by the Falcons in a historically bad loss yesterday.

Seven days after a joyride 52-27 pounding of the Saints, the Giants believed they were a team on the rise but indeed found out the folly of that thought. They did nothing on either side of the ball and were thoroughly and completely humbled and embarrassed by the Falcons 34-0 inside the Georgia Dome in a statement game for both teams.

The Falcons(12-2) showed they are for real. The Giants (8-6), leaving themselves with no playoff-entry margin for error, showed they are capable of anything, anywhere, good, bad or indifferent, which is no way for a true contender to operate.

“I’m tired of that ‘We’ve been here before.’ Forget all that,’’ Jason Pierre-Paul said. “I’m tired of hearing it. There’s no ‘We’ve been here before.’ ’’

He’s right. These Giants — now the third-place Giants — have not been here before, not after absorbing the worst shutout loss by a defending Super Bowl champion in NFL history. It was the first time under Tom Coughlin the Giants have been shut out in the regular season — the only other shutout was a playoff loss to the Panthers in 2005.

“I don’t want to say I’m shocked by it, but where was it?’’ Coughlin said, wondering where the heck his team’s consistency went." Read more...

New flash to TC. None of your Giant teams, short of 2008 ever had it.

Down-lifer
12-17-2012, 09:01 AM
I honestly don't see the Giants recovering from this loss. They are finished.... I hope I'm wrong, still love the Giants , but yesterday's game was beyond awful.

giantyankee1976
12-17-2012, 09:35 AM
I dont think we need to draft a power back... Brown can do that. O-line and D-line need serious upgrades though.

I for one do want to see what Ojomo and Tracy can do before drafting there, but we need to gut the entire O-line and draft O-line only in the first 4 rounds, maybe with a CB in there somewhere as well...

I have hope for Brown, I'm just saying before we draft skill position players I rather see us address the Linemen on either side of the ball as well as the 2ndary. Long have I been a supporter of C-Web but this year my dude has been getting torched or otherwise looking lost out there.

(Again I don't how much of an impact T.T might have had for us out there either)