PDA

View Full Version : It's easy to say.....

EasyE23
12-17-2012, 07:16 AM
....that the Giants lost because they stunk, but football is a game played with emotion. And yesterday the Giants had broken hearts. Yes, the rest of the country did too, but you have to remember that the Giants have just been through the effects of Hurricane Sandy as well. There are possibly several players whose lives are STILL disrupted because of that. At some point, there is no more emotion to draw upon. How else can you explain a loss such as that? I, for one, will give them a pass. I wouldn't be surprised if they miss the playoffs completely. After all, in 2008, it was only ONE bullet that stopped them.

Chris

gfanblue
12-17-2012, 07:19 AM
Um, no. If anything you play harder for those you care about.

RoanokeFan
12-17-2012, 07:20 AM
Whatever the resson for the loss, the events at Newtown, Connecticut should put the "game" into perspective.

yo-ho
12-17-2012, 09:00 AM
That's just an excuse. There is no way that given the playoff implications of this game that the Giants should have come into this game anything but motivated. They were physically outmatched, and out executed in all three phases of the game. This does not bode well.

GameTime
12-17-2012, 09:05 AM
....that the Giants lost because they stunk, but football is a game played with emotion. And yesterday the Giants had broken hearts. Yes, the rest of the country did too, but you have to remember that the Giants have just been through the effects of Hurricane Sandy as well. There are possibly several players whose lives are STILL disrupted because of that. At some point, there is no more emotion to draw upon. How else can you explain a loss such as that? I, for one, will give them a pass. I wouldn't be surprised if they miss the playoffs completely. After all, in 2008, it was only ONE bullet that stopped them.

Chris

If those players come out and say I was so heart broken that the game didnt even matter to me I would applaude them. As bad as this nation feels about the tragedy there is no way I make that as an excuse. I will not reduce tha tragedy in the same light of having an effect on a freakin football game. Or Sandy for that matter. The Jets won on the Sandy weekend didnt they??

AllHailEli
12-17-2012, 09:09 AM

Chris

Huh? What? Sandy was more than a month ago. Since then we beat the Packers and the Saints. It's just one of those games. A game that does not really matter enough in terms of eliminating us from the playoffs. We still control our destiny, and that's all that matters.

stormblue
12-17-2012, 09:12 AM
stuff like that saddens all of us.
but we all still have to go to work and do our jobs.
i think that it would be shameful to associate that loss with SHES.
if someone on the team had lost a child there....that would be different.
as tragic as it was....it was not NFL related , and should have no bearing on a football game.

nygpolishpunk
12-17-2012, 09:43 AM
Huh? What? Sandy was more than a month ago. Since then we beat the Packers and the Saints. It's just one of those games. A game that does not really matter enough in terms of eliminating us from the playoffs. We still control our destiny, and that's all that matters.
In what way do we control our destiny? As it stands right now we're out of the playoffs and need help to get in... Yes the cowboys and skins play each other in 2 weeks but we're behind BOTH of them and need Seattle or Chicago to lose at least one more game ON TOP of us beating Baltimore and Philly

AllHailEli
12-17-2012, 09:46 AM
In what way do we control our destiny? As it stands right now we're out of the playoffs and need help to get in... Yes the cowboys and skins play each other in 2 weeks but we're behind BOTH of them and need Seattle or Chicago to lose at least one more game ON TOP of us beating Baltimore and Philly

We win out, we are in! Read the other threads. It has been explained a million times. We own the tie breakers against the Bears and the Vikings.

Moke
12-17-2012, 09:54 AM

Chris

The Giants didn't lose because of Hurricane Sandy or Sandy Hook. The conspiracy theories have to stop.

I don't want to sound like a ******, but you think the Giants were playing and thinking about the tragedies when they were playing? Highly doubt that.