PDA

View Full Version : This was much more than just another loss

gianta
12-17-2012, 08:34 AM
This loss to the Falcons told me as a Giant fan for 56 years that my team has lost its will to win.I have been through many painful losses since 1956,however this one was the most hurtful,because my team just flat out quit.Eli seemed to have been taken over by some demonic force and the defense just opened the doors to the castle and let the enemy in.I am still physically sick over this,and wins by the skins and boys was just salt on the wounds.

Kruunch
12-17-2012, 08:35 AM
This loss to the Falcons told me as a Giant fan for 56 years that my team has lost its will to win.I have been through many painful losses since 1956,however this one was the most hurtful,because my team just flat out quit.Eli seemed to have been taken over by some demonic force and the defense just opened the doors to the castle and let the enemy in.I am still physically sick over this,and wins by the skins and boys was just salt on the wounds.

You must have some serious amnesia .... sadly this wasn't close to the Giants' worse loss ever.

Toadofsteel
12-17-2012, 08:37 AM
I'm not quite up there in years, but I'm pretty sure this is the worst Giants loss since Eli got here, and probably since the post-Simms era...

Kruunch
12-17-2012, 08:37 AM
You youngsters kill me.

gianta
12-17-2012, 08:41 AM
You must have some serious amnesia .... sadly this wasn't close to the Giants' worse loss ever.

Amnesia?--You go ahead and tell me which losses were worse!

GameTime
12-17-2012, 08:47 AM
san fran...Remeber the botched snap and 20 some odd point lead..Trey Junkin anyone
Philly two seasons ago..up 21 points with only 8 freakin minutes to go....
there's two for you

Toadofsteel
12-17-2012, 08:48 AM
san fran...Remeber the botched snap and 20 some odd point lead..Trey Junkin anyone
there's two for you

Now, take that "giving up" mentality that lead to those collapses, and insert it at the beginning of the game...

GameTime
12-17-2012, 08:49 AM
Now, take that "giving up" mentality that lead to those collapses, and insert it at the beginning of the game...

and there you have it...
Eli throws a pick on the first pass.....game over....

fletch842
12-17-2012, 08:49 AM
There have been a number of other seriously disappointing losses the team has taken over the years. This one ranks right up there with any of them. Was a complete failure at all levels of the game.

Giantterp
12-17-2012, 08:50 AM
there's two for you

Exactly...A loss this week would be much worse. That would mean that they would most likely be eliminated. Would it be better if they lost on a last second field goal? A loss is a loss unless it's in the playoffs or means you won't make the playoffs.

Kruunch
12-17-2012, 08:50 AM

Miracle at the Meadlowlands I and II.

2002 playoff game against 49ers.

2008 playoff game against the Eagles.

2005 playoff game against the Panthers.

1989 playoff game against the Rams.

1993 playoff game against the 49ers.

And those are just off the top of my head. This game was just one of those games where the team didn't have it. Didn't matter if we lost 34-0 or 24-14 ... it was just a crap game. We've had plenty of those.

gianta
12-17-2012, 08:55 AM
there's two for you

Those two examples were real bad losses-agreed. However we were in those games and we scored and just fell apart at the end.We never were in this Falcons game and did not even look like pro's

GameTime
12-17-2012, 08:56 AM
Those two examples were real bad losses-agreed. However we were in those games and we scored and just fell apart at the end.We never were in this Falcons game and did not even look like pro's
yeah so it sucked from the start..
in the games I mentioned we were all celebrating and then they pulled carpet out from our feet and slammed us to the hard floor face down...

Kruunch
12-17-2012, 08:56 AM
yeah so it sucked from the start..
in the games I mentioned we were all celebrating and then they pulled carpet out from our feet and slammed us to the hard floor face down...

Hope can be a terrible thing.

TheAnalyst
12-17-2012, 09:08 AM
Panthers to close out Giants Stadium ending the Bill Sheridan era.

Kruunch
12-17-2012, 09:11 AM
I shouldn't rail against the OP ... this might very well have been the worst loss he experienced in his mind.

Sadly, I have others.

stormblue
12-17-2012, 09:22 AM
old scars don't hurt as much as fresh wounds.
simple biology.
i have lived through them all.....(well most of 'em , born in '55)
and the loss that hurts the worst is always the last one.
and the only cure is the next victory.

BigBlue wins
12-17-2012, 09:51 AM
ugh- this is such a depressing thread lol

In my 28 years, I'd have to say the giants in 2010 against the eagles. that come back was just so damning to me that I thought we would never recover.

2008 is close, but that game was what knocked us out of playoff contention. And of all teams, the eagles. I hate the eagles. a lot.

gianta
12-17-2012, 11:30 AM
I shouldn't rail against the OP ... this might very well have been the worst loss he experienced in his mind.

Sadly, I have others.

Only the truly ignorant and uneducated would poke fun at a person their senior.THat is why you cannot learn anything with the artificial condensation you use to mask your artificial ego which serves to hide your feelings of poor self image.Adios bambino.

Mercury
12-17-2012, 11:53 AM
Good news, guys! I checked it and the NFL only gave us one loss for yesterday's putrid performance!

SweetZombieJesus
12-17-2012, 11:58 AM

Here's some more BIG STAKE games where they didn't show up for the amnesiacs:

2006-01-08 -- 23-0 Panthers (1st round playoff loss at home)
2009-01-11 -- 23-11 Eagles (1st round playoff loss at home)
2010-01-03 -- 41-9 Panthers (last ever game at Giants Stadium)
2010-12-26 -- 45-17 Green Bay (week after Eagles collapse but playoffs were still on the line)

TextureDj
12-17-2012, 12:17 PM
Good news, guys! I checked it and the NFL only gave us one loss for yesterday's putrid performance!you know, this post actually made me feel a little better. Seems to me they could have tacked on a couple of L's for that display.

BlueReign
12-17-2012, 12:25 PM
This loss could either demoralize us, or galvanize us. Time will tell