PDA

View Full Version : Time is Running out to establish a consistent Team Identity!This team is an Enigma!!

oldschoolGMEN
12-17-2012, 10:49 AM
Every team has a strength and team identity which every opponent fears and spends more time in their weekly film room trying to exploit and combat with.. This team has as of yet had neither offense or defensively established a consistent strength or an identity this season !! One of these groups need to carry the other and lead the way into the playoffs!! I have no idea which unit can step up to the challenge as this team is an enigma right now ! Who do you guys think will step up to the challenge ?

joemorrisforprez
12-17-2012, 10:50 AM
Right now this team has a defensive captain who is captain based solely on seniority.

BlueReign
12-17-2012, 10:52 AM
They should play this gametape, all week, all over the facility. Get these guys fired up because they've been coming out the past few weeks COMPLETELY unmotivated.

oldschoolGMEN
12-17-2012, 10:57 AM
Every team has a strength and team identity which every opponent fears and spends more time in their weekly film room trying to exploit and combat with.. This team has as of yet had neither offense or defensively established a consistent strength or an identity this season !! One of these groups need to carry the other and lead the way into the playoffs!! I have no idea which unit can step up to the challenge as this team is an enigma right now ! Who do you guys think will step up to the challenge ?

He is a coward and whimp and no Leader or Captain ! Tuck needs to review video of Harry Carson, LT and Sam Huff on and off the field leading the old school GMEN !! They were leaders, not this bum !!! HE is embarrising to the entire organization and the history of the GIANTS Identity being DEFENSIVE LEADERS !!!

Rudyy
12-17-2012, 10:59 AM
Who the hell loses their identity in the middle/end of the season? Lol so weird!

GMENAGAIN
12-17-2012, 11:00 AM
He is a coward and whimp and no Leader or Captain ! Tuck needs to review video of Harry Carson, LT and Sam Huff on and off the field leading the old school GMEN !! They were leaders, not this bum !!! HE is embarrising to the entire organization and the history of the GIANTS Identity being DEFENSIVE LEADERS !!!

You are an absolute buffoon.

oldschoolGMEN
12-17-2012, 11:01 AM
They should play this gametape, all week, all over the facility. Get these guys fired up because they've been coming out the past few weeks COMPLETELY unmotivated.

I am truly concerned that they just do not have the skillset or mindset to turn the switch back on again! Maybe some of our players time of greatness have past them by !! We will sure find out these next two weeks. If their is one team who you want to face it is the Ravens as they are beat up as a team physically and mentally.

nhpgiantsfan
12-17-2012, 11:01 AM

I'm pretty sure our identity is and has been to never make it easy.

oldschoolGMEN
12-17-2012, 11:04 AM
Who the hell loses their identity in the middle/end of the season? Lol so weird!

Yeah. My point is they never really had one so far as they have been too inconsistent to establish a true identity.. They have not played more than one or two games in a row where either the offense or defense have carried this team..

oldschoolGMEN
12-17-2012, 11:10 AM
I'm pretty sure our identity is and has been to never make it easy.

As long as I can remember being a Giant Fan that is so true !! : )

Moke
12-17-2012, 11:12 AM

We need a defensive leader and we need to reestablish that line. If we don't draft a good OL next year, we are doomed. I doubt that we don't address it though.

Rudyy
12-17-2012, 11:14 AM
I think the issue is that our captains are hurt. Tuck is, idk..something is wrong and it's showing. Ahmad is hurt..Eli..yeah.

Hooligans
12-17-2012, 11:14 AM
This current Giant team has an identity.......unfortunately it is as Under-performing choke artists.

MustWarnOthers
12-17-2012, 11:31 AM
I'm actually getting a little bit sick of hearing every announcer talk about our "vaunted pass rush", as well as hearing other teams fans talk about how much pressure we get with 4 guys.

Seriously, this myth is running on fumes right now as its only truth is in prior reputation. We are dead last in sacks. DEAD.LAST. Not only are we dead last, but the next worst team is 4 sacks ahead of us, 20% more sacks.

Basically it seems that teams realize "If we just double team or put our best lineman on JPP, we don't have to worry". Since Osi and Tuck are just ethereal ghosts of "Pass Rush Past".

Moke
12-17-2012, 11:33 AM
I'm actually getting a little bit sick of hearing every announcer talk about our "vaunted pass rush", as well as hearing other teams fans talk about how much pressure we get with 4 guys.

Seriously, this myth is running on fumes right now as its only truth is in prior reputation. We are dead last in sacks. DEAD.LAST. Not only are we dead last, but the next worst team is 4 sacks ahead of us, 20% more sacks.

Basically it seems that teams realize "If we just double team or put our best lineman on JPP, we don't have to worry". Since Osi and Tuck are just ethereal ghosts of "Pass Rush Past".

Truth. Our D-line is non-existant this year and I actually feel bad for JPP.

dakotajoe
12-17-2012, 11:46 AM
We need a defensive leader and we need to reestablish that line. If we don't draft a good OL next year, we are doomed. I doubt that we don't address it though.

I agree. The media and "analysts" are always a few years behind. Like everyone else it drives me crazy when a commentator mentions our "vaunted pass rush" 20 times a game. That hasn't been our strength all season.

We had a great, big play passing attack last season and saw glimpses of it early on this season. WRs and the OL got banged up, Eli has been out of sync. I think solidifying our o-line is essential in getting that play making ability back. Also, having players not practice all week and then throw them in a game and expect them to mesh and have chemistry with Eli is silly too, it needs to change.

GMAN2K9
12-17-2012, 11:56 AM
Our identity is wild inconsistency.

oldschoolGMEN
12-17-2012, 12:03 PM
Our identity is wild inconsistency.

LOL !