PDA

View Full Version : WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO GET RID OF FEWELL

bigblue999
12-17-2012, 10:52 AM
This guy must be the biggest b*tch in the league...well actually not sure with killdrive, who really is.

How the heck do you have a statue QB in Ryan taking 7 step drops and get absolutely no pressure. Ok, everyone know the front 4 is playing garbage...THEN blitz, change up scheme, have the front four do some stunts.

FEWELL is a horrendous DC - The giants season is over, I'd cut this guy today. Does anyone think this guy makes warriors out of the men he's coaching...instead we have OSI and TUCK paying homage to RG3

Jahh
12-17-2012, 10:54 AM
I've been becoming less of a Fewell fan. His "bend but don't break defense or read and react or whatever the hell he calls it" doesnt fit us. We are not agressive enough, we don't challenge teams.

GMENAGAIN
12-17-2012, 10:55 AM
Sigh . . . . you realize that half of our starting secondary was out and that 2 out of 3 of our "elite" pass rushers are compltetly shot, right?

Jahh
12-17-2012, 10:57 AM
Sigh . . . . you realize that half of our starting secondary was out and that 2 out of 3 of our "elite" pass rushers are compltetly shot, right?

I haven't felt real comfortable with him since he has been here. This is not a one week reaction for me.

joemorrisforprez
12-17-2012, 10:57 AM
I'm supposing Spags isn't going anywhere, but I'd trade him for Fewell in a heartbeat.

I honestly don't know if our defensive line is completely past it's prime, or if it's Fewell.

One thing I will say.....that pass coverage yesterday was ****ing atrocious....I can't blame the line for that.

And really, the defense was betrayed by the offense yesterday.....That could have been a 7-6 game going into halftime if not for Eli's brainlocks and Tynes once again reminding me why I can't stand him.

GMENAGAIN
12-17-2012, 11:09 AM
I'm supposing Spags isn't going anywhere, but I'd trade him for Fewell in a heartbeat.

I honestly don't know if our defensive line is completely past it's prime, or if it's Fewell.

One thing I will say.....that pass coverage yesterday was ****ing atrocious....I can't blame the line for that.

And really, the defense was betrayed by the offense yesterday.....That could have been a 7-6 game going into halftime if not for Eli's brainlocks and Tynes once again reminding me why I can't stand him.

Spags, lol . . . yeah, his defense looked great last week . . . .

bigblue999
12-17-2012, 11:11 AM

So...I don't understand your reasoning. There are creative thing you can do on the line such as stunts, loop arounds, blitzing guys from different spots...Fewell simply is not the right fit for the Giants

OX1
12-17-2012, 11:11 AM

We won't know since Fewell never dials up anything that is a surprise,
no misdirection at the line, EVER!!! When we blitz, everyone knows it is coming.

Why do we never have 8 guys right up at the line, jumping back and forth (or flying around) and
then drop back 4 real quick (well before the snap, but on the line long enough to get a QB to think
it might be a huge blitz). Of course this won't work, because we don't do all out blitzes, EVER!!
Even if we got burned on them, what the heck is the difference, we get burned anyway a lot
on deep coverage. But I guess you can't fake an all out blitz, if you never do it to begin with.

Fewell is still waiting for last years pash rush from 4 to show up.
Too late this year for him to realize it is not going to happen and to
change it up by taking big chances. When your players can't execute
(for whatever reason), you only option is to play very aggressive.

joemorrisforprez
12-17-2012, 11:14 AM
Spags, lol . . . yeah, his defense looked great last week . . . .

There's no comparing the Saints talent level on defense with the Giants.

Fewell's defense requires turnovers, or else it's like a turtle on its back.

gumby74
12-17-2012, 11:15 AM

Even with the players we have, we have no right to be as bad as we are.

joemorrisforprez
12-17-2012, 11:15 AM
We won't know since Fewell never dials up anything that is a surprise,
no misdirection at the line, EVER!!! When we blitz, everyone knows it is coming.

Why do we never have 8 guys right up at the line, jumping back and forth (or flying around) and
then drop back 4 real quick (well before the snap, but on the line long enough to get a QB to think
it might be a huge blitz). Of course this won't work, because we don't do all out blitzes, EVER!!
Even if we got burned on them, what the heck is the difference, we get burned anyway a lot
on deep coverage. But I guess you can't fake an all out blitz, if you never do it to begin with.

Fewell is still waiting for last years pash rush from 4 to show up.
Too late this year for him to realize it is not going to happen and to
change it up by taking big chances. When your players can't execute
(for whatever reason), you only option is to play very aggressive.

I agree.....both our coordinators have become very predictable. This team has too much talent on both sides of the ball to be constantly scrambling to make the playoffs.

Zaggs
12-17-2012, 11:17 AM
The drunk owner of another team that hires him?

GMENAGAIN
12-17-2012, 11:20 AM
I agree.....both our coordinators have become very predictable. This team has too much talent on both sides of the ball to be constantly scrambling to make the playoffs.

What talent on defense are you talking about? Tuck and Osi are shot. Webster is on the down side. We were missing half of our starting secondary yesterday and our LB's are awful.

Our talent level is vastly overrated on these boards.

giantsforce
12-17-2012, 11:21 AM
This guy must be the biggest b*tch in the league...well actually not sure with killdrive, who really is.

How the heck do you have a statue QB in Ryan taking 7 step drops and get absolutely no pressure. Ok, everyone know the front 4 is playing garbage...THEN blitz, change up scheme, have the front four do some stunts.

FEWELL is a horrendous DC - The giants season is over, I'd cut this guy today. Does anyone think this guy makes warriors out of the men he's coaching...instead we have OSI and TUCK paying homage to RG3The bigger question is what will it take to get rid of Coughlin? His usefulness as a coach is done. He has nothing more to offer the Giants than more of what you saw yesterday.

GMENAGAIN
12-17-2012, 11:23 AM
The bigger question is what will it take to get rid of Coughlin? His usefulness as a coach is done. He has nothing more to offer the Giants than more of what you saw yesterday.

Are you trying to break the record for most idiotic posts in one hour? You're almost there!

giantsforce
12-17-2012, 11:32 AM
Are you trying to break the record for most idiotic posts in one hour? You're almost there!Ok tell me why I am wrong? Tell me what have you seen yesterday that made you go "atta boy Coughlin" you sure know how to game plan? I am just wondering if they watched any tape of the Falcons because certainly it did not look like they had a clue on how to take advantage of the Falcons weaknesses just like that elite Panthers team did. Oh wait..., our "genius" HC made some great calls on 2nd and 1 and on 3rd and 1! If you said run a draw up the middle, you guessed right and then on 4rth and 1 let's pass incomplete! And to top it of why don't we do it again a second time! I thing you are trying to break the record for accepting mediocrity as the norm.

OX1
12-17-2012, 11:36 AM

That's what burns me the most, we have loads of talent. But
coaches that are too stubborn to realize that what used to work (really well,
I'll give them that) is not anymore.

GeoGoGo
12-17-2012, 11:36 AM
I remember when Fewell came here, a Bills fan commented that you will love him at first but wait until the read & react starts. He was right.

GMENAGAIN
12-17-2012, 11:39 AM
Ok tell me why I am wrong? Tell me what have you seen yesterday that made you go "atta boy Coughlin" you sure know how to game plan? I am just wondering if they watched any tape of the Falcons because certainly it did not look like they had a clue on how to take advantage of the Falcons weaknesses just like that elite Panthers team did. Oh wait..., our "genius" HC made some great calls on 2nd and 1 and on 3rd and 1! If you said run a draw up the middle, you guessed right and then on 4rth and 1 let's pass incomplete! And to top it of why don't we do it again a second time! I thing you are trying to break the record for accepting mediocrity as the norm.

lol . . . you realize we won the SB last year, right?

JesseJames
12-17-2012, 11:46 AM
Fewells defense is just more of Tim Lewis and Rod Rust all over again and I blame the front office for hiring him, bend but don't break doesn't work in this league and I'm not sure it ever did. Man I hope the Giants front office sees this the way some of us do and makes a change for a DC with some imagination and aggressiveness....

Harooni
12-17-2012, 11:47 AM
he is far from the problem.

Redeyejedi
12-17-2012, 11:48 AM
Sigh . . . . you realize that half of our starting secondary was out and that 2 out of 3 of our "elite" pass rushers are compltetly shot, right?They want to play man to man with Practice Squad Cornerbacks and without are Deep safety

Redeyejedi
12-17-2012, 11:50 AM
Ok tell me why I am wrong? Tell me what have you seen yesterday that made you go "atta boy Coughlin" you sure know how to game plan? I am just wondering if they watched any tape of the Falcons because certainly it did not look like they had a clue on how to take advantage of the Falcons weaknesses just like that elite Panthers team did. Oh wait..., our "genius" HC made some great calls on 2nd and 1 and on 3rd and 1! If you said run a draw up the middle, you guessed right and then on 4rth and 1 let's pass incomplete! And to top it of why don't we do it again a second time! I thing you are trying to break the record for accepting mediocrity as the norm.
What u Define as mediocre is actually the most successful franchise in the NFL over the last 5 seasons

GMENAGAIN
12-17-2012, 11:53 AM
That's what burns me the most, we have loads of talent. But
coaches that are too stubborn to realize that what used to work (really well,
I'll give them that) is not anymore.

Please describe the "loads of talent" we had on the field on defense yesterday.

Jahh
12-17-2012, 11:54 AM
They want to play man to man with Practice Squad Cornerbacks and without are Deep safety

Yeah, no. You assume that everyone is reacting to the most recent game,

Harooni
12-17-2012, 11:58 AM
Look at his lb's 2 are 2nd team guys and 1 is a de

enough said. we are limtied in cap space because we over pay a few guys. (eli,web,rolle,osi)

ShakeandBake
12-17-2012, 11:59 AM
How the hell do you expect Fewell to blitz more often when we are down to our 5th string CB? Then you would probably be complaining about our secondary getting torn apart in the passing game because of it. Identifying the problems on defense is pretty easy at this point, the problem is correcting it considering we do not have the personnel to do so at this point. Our defensive line, which is supposed to be our strongest unit on defense has been terrible this year, and they have no excuse as to why. As a unit they have been pretty healthy this year, yet they have nothing to show for it.

JayMas9
12-17-2012, 12:01 PM
Fewells defense is just more of Tim Lewis and Rod Rust all over again and I blame the front office for hiring him, bend but don't break doesn't work in this league and I'm not sure it ever did. Man I hope the Giants front office sees this the way some of us do and makes a change for a DC with some imagination and aggressiveness....Coughlin hires his coaching staff...not the front office. Oh and I should add...our best defensive game of the year against the packers, we barely blitzed.

Toadofsteel
12-17-2012, 12:03 PM
I'd trade in Fewell for Spags, but the top priority when it comes to coaching is getting rid of ****ing KILLDRIVE

ShakeandBake
12-17-2012, 12:04 PM
Coughlin hires his coaching staff...not the front office. Oh and I should add...our best defensive game of the year against the packers, we barely blitzed.

You have to understand most people on this board have no idea what they are talking about and expect us to blitz every down even though our base defense is a 4-3

Cloud57
12-17-2012, 12:08 PM
I think it's the HC's decision to make coordinator changes, and I don't think Couglin will ever do that. If couglin retires and we get a new HC only then may we see changes.

giantsforce
12-17-2012, 12:08 PM
What u Define as mediocre is actually the most successful franchise in the NFL over the last 5 seasonsOk I get it. "the most successful franchise" got their asses handed to them while the coaching staff were repeatedly calling the same plays that did not work. Lets stop living in the past and let's concentrate in the present. The fact remains that we are repeating the same mistakes over and over with no end in sight.

Toadofsteel
12-17-2012, 12:11 PM
You have to understand most people on this board have no idea what they are talking about and expect us to blitz every down even though our base defense is a 4-3

And thats why I said Killdrive is a much bigger problem...

dezzzR
12-17-2012, 12:13 PM
I think it's the HC's decision to make coordinator changes, and I don't think Couglin will ever do that. If couglin retires and we get a new HC only then may we see changes.Perry might take another coaching job if offered. We can only hope.

JayMas9
12-17-2012, 12:14 PM
I don't know if it's Gilbride, the players, or something else, but what I do know is the Giants' offense should be capable of getting into a shootout with any team in the league. There's no reason an offense with that much talent should put up zero. I don't think our defense was very good yesterday, but we should have been able to win a shootout type game with our offense.

nycisgreat
12-17-2012, 12:31 PM
I've been becoming less of a Fewell fan. His "bend but don't break defense or read and react or whatever the hell he calls it" doesnt fit us. We are not agressive enough, we don't challenge teams.

I agree. For a longtime we weren't jamming receivers at the line of scrimmage, we did it for a while. Now we aren't doing it at all. Our receivers get mugged at the line of scrimmage. We just don't have that tough nose defense. Honestly, if we crash and burn, I don't think that KG and PF will be back next season. Both guys are overrated because there players are talented.

ShakeandBake
12-17-2012, 12:52 PM
And thats why I said Killdrive is a much bigger problem...

Maybe so but my post wasn't directed at you at all. Nice sig by the way, everyone needs a good laugh after yesterday.

Toadofsteel
12-17-2012, 12:54 PM
Maybe so but my post wasn't directed at you at all. Nice sig by the way, everyone needs a good laugh after yesterday.

lol thanks.

I'm not saying PF is blameless mind you... i'm just saying that if I was given a decision that one of the two HAD to stay and the other HAD to go, I would choose to keep PF.

ShakeandBake
12-17-2012, 01:02 PM
lol thanks.

I'm not saying PF is blameless mind you... i'm just saying that if I was given a decision that one of the two HAD to stay and the other HAD to go, I would choose to keep PF.

I hear ya, it would be nice to have a healthy defense for a year so we could get a better idea of what kind of coach the guy is. I think people need to take a step back and look at what the guy has to work with the passed two seasons. Its also hard to criticize KG because Eli has a lot of control in this offense, so is it KG calling terrible plays or is it Eli calling terrible audibles?

SuperNYGiants
12-17-2012, 01:24 PM
I think a simple phone call by the FO saying "Fewell, you are fired." would suffice, if you want to ad some drama to it, maybe ask Donald Trump to call Fewell.

Toadofsteel
12-17-2012, 01:30 PM
I hear ya, it would be nice to have a healthy defense for a year so we could get a better idea of what kind of coach the guy is. I think people need to take a step back and look at what the guy has to work with the passed two seasons. Its also hard to criticize KG because Eli has a lot of control in this offense, so is it KG calling terrible plays or is it Eli calling terrible audibles?

I think it's KG, because when Eli goes into no huddle we tend to do a lot better...