PDA

View Full Version : Give these coaches a chance. They have earned it!

nhpgiantsfan
12-17-2012, 09:59 AM
It is amazing the highs and lows that go on here week to week. No doubt yesterday's loss was the ugliest we've had in a long time. But, that is this teams identity. We have great wins and unexplicable losses every year. We are not a team that is going to ever stay on top of the power rankings throughout a whole season. It's just not our way. Maybe the magic has run out, but maybe we are just where we always seem to find ourselves at this point in the year.

One thing I do know is that this coaching staff has earned the chance to right the ship. Not just for the remainder of this season but next year too. They gave us two rings in the past 6 years. Like it or not, they have been very successful.

We always talk about how rediculous Eagles fans are, but I couldn't imagine what these boards would be like if we had a head coach here for as long as Reid has been in Phili and never win a championship.

GMENAGAIN
12-17-2012, 10:01 AM
Good post. Completely agree.

joemorrisforprez
12-17-2012, 10:03 AM
The Giants fanbase is a reflection of this team. We are up and down because this team goes from NFL Powerhouse to the Keystone Kops from one week to the next.

Insofar as the coaches influence what happens on the field, they have nobody to blame for themselves for the paranoid fanbase.

That being said, I love Coughlin, and think he deserves all the patience in the world. I'm less patient with his coordinators, however.

I think Reese and Coughlin are tremendous, but I think his coaching staff needs an upgrade.....I look at this roster and can't believe every year is such a struggle.

giantsforce
12-17-2012, 10:03 AM
It is amazing the highs and lows that go on here week to week. No doubt yesterday's loss was the ugliest we've had in a long time. But, that is this teams identity. We have great wins and unexplicable losses every year. We are not a team that is going to ever stay on top of the power rankings throughout a whole season. It's just not our way. Maybe the magic has run out, but maybe we are just where we always seem to find ourselves at this point in the year.

One thing I do know is that this coaching staff has earned the chance to right the ship. Not just for the remainder of this season but next year too. They gave us two rings in the past 6 years. Like it or not, they have been very successful.

We always talk about how rediculous Eagles fans are, but I couldn't imagine what these boards would be like if we had a head coach here for as long as Reid has been in Phili and never win a championship.Coughlin and Killdrvive have been with the Giants for 9 years of which 7 have resulted in 2nd half embarrasing collapses. I say they had enough chances. Time to get some new people with some innovative ideas and fresh paly calling instead of the stale Run, Run, Chuck it , Kick. Enough. Coughlin should have retired right after the SB and should have left with his head high. Now he is a much of a disgrace as his players who only show up to collect their pay.

GMENAGAIN
12-17-2012, 10:07 AM
Coughlin and Killdrvive have been with the Giants for 9 years of which 7 have resulted in 2nd half embarrasing collapses. I say they had enough chances. Time to get some new people with some innovative ideas and fresh paly calling instead of the stale Run, Run, Chuck it , Kick. Enough. Coughlin should have retired right after the SB and should have left with his head high. Now he is a much of a disgrace as his players who only show up to collect their pay.

Wow, just wow . . . .

FrankAE
12-17-2012, 10:21 AM
Tuck and Osi are pretty useless and it is time to see what Ojomo can do. TC should see this, face it his style is down right hurting this team. Not saying Ojomo is a answer but when the almighty d line hasn't done anything all year it's time to sit the weak links ( Tuck ).

giantsforce
12-17-2012, 10:25 AM
Wow, just wow . . . .You do not have any facts to counter act my argument other than a Wow? The fish stinks from his head down, just like this Giants team. I guess mediocrity is OK with most of the posters here.

GMENAGAIN
12-17-2012, 10:26 AM
You do not have any facts to counter act my argument other than a Wow? The fish stinks from his head down, just like this Giants team. I guess mediocrity is OK with most of the posters here.

You're absolutely right, I have no facts at all to "counter act" your claim that TC is a "disgrace". You are a football genius.

giantsforce
12-17-2012, 10:39 AM
You're absolutely right, I have no facts at all to "counter act" your claim that TC is a "disgrace". You are a football genius.OK. What other coach has more 2nd half collapses than Coughlin? That is very graceful in your mind, right? But then again you must like mediocrity, so I am not faulting you there. Your standards are not that high since you accept the fact that we went from having 2 games lead on the division to 3rd in just 2 games! Now that is acceptable, right? This team has no leaders on the field or in the sidelines and this ship is sinking because the captain saw it heading for the rocks but did not do anything to change course. Whatever man. It is all good. More of the same coming. Let's see what happens when this thing is over.

Rudyy
12-17-2012, 10:48 AM
The only thing I have to say is, why are we still struggling in the middle of the season to correct mistakes we had in week 5.

giantsforce
12-17-2012, 10:55 AM
The only thing I have to say is, why are we still struggling in the middle of the season to correct mistakes we had in week 5.Excellent question. To some people here the blame goes everywhere else but not to the coaching staff!

Redeyejedi
12-17-2012, 11:06 AM

We always talk about how rediculous Eagles fans are, but I couldn't imagine what these boards would be like if we had a head coach here for as long as Reid has been in Phili and never win a championship.
I dont see the coaching as the issue at all. i hear complaining about 2nd half running plays the game was over at that point they were trying to keep Eli healthy.No reason to drop back and throw 45 times and continue to get pummeled. They have RB's that cant blitz pick up and thats all Atlanta was going to do with that lead.
I saw plenty of opportunities for the Giants not only to score but be leading that game at halftime. Eli Manning yesterday was brutal. The defense wasnt that bad in the first half considering how bad the offense was . They gave up in the 2nd half. The Giants missed every play and every chance they had ion the 1st half. they should of had minimal 13 points in thew 1st half

bigbluetribe
12-17-2012, 11:08 AM
completely disagree, we have won despite people like kill drive. We win big games during two minutes when they ignore gilbride and just do the damn thing. our defense only plays well when we get basic which is a testament to the talent we have not our coaching. Collapses like we have every year are due to them as they have been the most consistent thing on this team. I like coughlin and think he should stay, i dont blame him but other things need to change dont kid yourself

bigbluetribe
12-17-2012, 11:10 AM
Excellent question. To some people here the blame goes everywhere else but not to the coaching staff!
that makes no sense, if players could coach themselves there wouldnt be coaches. it is on the coaches to make adjustments and help these players succeed. We dont have a lack of talent just lack of brains

Toadofsteel
12-17-2012, 11:17 AM

2 seasons of super bowls (2007, 2011), 2 seasons of one-and-done (2006, 2008), 3 seasons of missed playoffs (2005, 2009, 2010). I'm not counting Eli's rookie year since that was basically a rebuilding year. If we win out and make the playoffs I'd be decently happy. If we win at least one playoff game that would be enough for me. Not repeating the SB makes sense. Going from SB champions to not even in playoff contention is the worst of all regression possible.

TroyArcher
12-17-2012, 11:44 AM
TC is one of the best coaches in the NFL. KG has been very good at times and not so good at others. I am not yet convinced that Fewell is a top notch coach. He basically says hey front 4 go get the QB. Now that they aren't he isn't looking very good.

Toadofsteel
12-17-2012, 11:47 AM
TC is one of the best coaches in the NFL. KG has been very good at times and not so good at others. I am not yet convinced that Fewell is a top notch coach. He basically says hey front 4 go get the QB. Now that they aren't he isn't looking very good.

On the other hand he turned a Raider reject (!!!) into a potential pro bowler... 2nd in INT's and he didnt even play until week 6.

nycisgreat
12-17-2012, 11:57 AM

I hear you, but like I said before. If KG or PF were that good, they would've been offered HC jobs. There must be a reason why both guys are constantly getting passed up for better opportunities. Both side of the ball has plenty of talent. Coughlin I feel is the difference in this. He will make things right. I believe in him, but not KG and PF.

nycisgreat
12-17-2012, 11:59 AM
On the other hand he turned a Raider reject (!!!) into a potential pro bowler... 2nd in INT's and he didnt even play until week 6.

Dude, your sig is insane. LMAO.

Redeyejedi
12-17-2012, 01:41 PM
People that are ripping the coaching staff please tell me what u would change. Instead of mindless declarations how the coaches just suck actually put together a coherent argument. How do U want to fix the Defense? U want to play more Cover 1 without Kenny Phillips the only 1 that covers enough ground as deep safety. u want to play straight up 0 without the Giants best cornerback and with Webster unable to cover anyone 1 on 1 anymore. U want Justin Tryon manning up Julio Jones on the outside thats your plan. Please tell me how changes to the coaches gameplan can make Eli stop forcing balls into double coverage instead of throwing the Ball to Bennett who had a LB on him all game. How will changing the gameplan make Eli hit Nicks when he is behind a safety.

giantsforce
12-17-2012, 03:21 PM
People that are ripping the coaching staff please tell me what u would change. Instead of mindless declarations how the coaches just suck actually put together a coherent argument. How do U want to fix the Defense? U want to play more Cover 1 without Kenny Phillips the only 1 that covers enough ground as deep safety. u want to play straight up 0 without the Giants best cornerback and with Webster unable to cover anyone 1 on 1 anymore. U want Justin Tryon manning up Julio Jones on the outside thats your plan. Please tell me how changes to the coaches gameplan can make Eli stop forcing balls into double coverage instead of throwing the Ball to Bennett who had a LB on him all game. How will changing the gameplan make Eli hit Nicks when he is behind a safety.OK Start with the D first:
1. Have Osi only on passing downs. He cannot stop the run.
2. Move Kiwi to DE
3. Sit Tuck out for a couple of games, he just takes space. Stop dropping him in to coverage, he is too slow.
4. Blitz once and a while. Hosley is fast enough and Blackburn can blitz up the middle if you use some disguised blitzing
5. Admit that Webster is toast and find a replacement.
6. Stop the Bend but do not break because it does break more often than it bends
7. Stop going on prevent defense when you are ahead in scoring. You let teams linger long enough, it will bite you in the ***.

How about offense:
1. Stop running the shotgun draw.
2. Use Hurry up offense
3. Use screen passes
4. Use more play action
5. Stop throwing deep when you need 3 yards on 3rd down.
6. Stop throwing for 3 yards when you need 6 on 3rd down.
7. Throw to your TE up the middle
8. Stop running Nicks on deep routes while his knee is still hurting
9. Stop calling the same running play twice when you get inside the 30 end zone
10. Have an actual game plan and make adjustments when needed.
11. When you play the bottom of the NFL pass Defenses, throw the ball and take advantage of mismatches instead of trying to run.
12. And get down to the fundamentals as Madden used to say" Throw to score, run to win"
13. And the big one: If Eli cannot stop himself from forcing the ball, then you are the coach do something like find someone else? Funny how some teams find a was to win with their backup QB (SF, Skins). Imagine what will happen if Eli goes down? This is one of the few top teams that has not addressed this issue. I think we have been dodging a bullet here and now that Eli is not performing who are you going to put in? Carr? Give me a break!

That is for starters what I would change. Maybe it is not perfect, but it maybe a bit better than doing nothing, like the Giants coaching staff has been doing.