PDA

View Full Version : Bennett and Wilson wasted because of our inept O-Line

EliDaMANning
12-17-2012, 10:30 AM
I am tired of reading these posts about how Wilson gets taken out because he can't pass protect. We have 4 lineman whose main job it is to do exactly that. Yet they can't protect consistently. It's one thing when he has to pick up blitzes, which he did on that first INT, but to insist he's not playing due to just pass protection is insane.

But worst of all, Bennett's talents are being wasted in this putrid scheme by our senile coaching staff. The guy can easily be utilized for short to intermediate passes but they don't even try. They constantly want to use him as an element of surprise or something. Which is working because i'm always surprised to see him make a catch. But as a fan I wonder why the hell won't they pass him more. Then when you watch the replays, he's busy blocking all game because our front 4 is just terrible.

Rudyy
12-17-2012, 10:37 AM
True. Earlier in the year he was getting more touches, but they've decreased so he can help block. We need to desperately go OL in the draft this year. Honestly though he can make a huge difference in the receving game since Cruz and Hakeem are always blanketed.

Moke
12-17-2012, 10:39 AM
This team has really no awesome style of offense when it comes down to Gilbride and our offensive-line. We waste a good running-back and a pretty decent TE for pass protection. When I watch a lot of other teams, we see them throwing to their TEs and their RBs a lot more than we do.

EliDaMANning
12-17-2012, 10:45 AM
Having an injured Nicks and a slot receiver like Cruz should be more than enough reason to utilize Bennett a lot more. This guy always breaks the first tackle and gets big yards. LB cannot cover him at all.

BuffyBlueII
12-17-2012, 10:48 AM
I completely agree with this thread. We have 2 potentially lethal weapons that we waste.

I would like to say that I am surprised but I am not. it is time to get rid of our OC and we really need to draft heavy to the Oline.

GMAN2K9
12-17-2012, 10:51 AM
Agreed 100%. We need to go young, hungry, and nasty with our O line. Not one of those guys are playing up to their pay level.

Sick & tired of David Wilson getting hate from coaches / fan for his blocking. The kid works his *** off and will get better in that area, just as he has with ball protection.... as demonstrated during an early 1st quarter 20+ yd run... two hands on the ball coming around the edge and protected while a linebacker threw his arm in to punch it out

Zaggs
12-17-2012, 10:53 AM
Thing is, they seemed to have something going when Locklear was at tackle. So hopefully they're not too far off.

EliDaMANning
12-17-2012, 11:20 AM
Locklear is a million times better than DD. DD hurts us so bad people don't realize it. He hurts us on 3rd and longs EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Eli cannot go vertical anymore because of him. Our RB and LB need to double team DD man and Eli can't even complete a dump off pass to his RB because of this guy.

Toadofsteel
12-17-2012, 11:32 AM
Locklear is a million times better than DD. DD hurts us so bad people don't realize it. He hurts us on 3rd and longs EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Eli cannot go vertical anymore because of him. Our RB and LB need to double team DD man and Eli can't even complete a dump off pass to his RB because of this guy.

Thing is, while he was better, he's also getting up there. We need to gut the entire offensive line except for beatty. That said, he was still an improvement over diehl...

ALLnygIN
12-17-2012, 12:02 PM
They are really wasting talent at the halfback position, yes. Wilson started off ridiculously well, and he did pick up that blitz it wasn't pretty but he picked it up granted he fell on his ***.. Lumpkin was a real difference maker back there! Gilbride is load, I honestly don't care if we somehow get hot and win the superbowl and make the playoffs. I'm reluctant to say we won't because of past years, but I just don't see it happening with this team right now, that was just an all around **** show yesterday, and it's been up and down by week, but if we do, he still needs to go. I use to be a supporter of him but after this season and parts of last season I feel like he needs to go. Just my 2 cents though. and yes the Oline needs major revamping.

Mr.TRUEBLUE
12-17-2012, 12:11 PM
We definitely need an upgrade at both Outside Offensive Guard slots ......If available??? .. Diehl is starting to slip and Beatty can't run block ...And perhaps an upgrade for future at Center Guard Position too?