PDA

View Full Version : WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO GET RID OF KILLDRIVE

Toadofsteel
12-17-2012, 12:07 PM
Response thread to the Fewell thread. Killdrive is a much greater problem on this team. Letting Tuck and Osi play isn't great by any stretch, but injuries are plaguing our secondary to no end. I wouldn't feel comfortable blitzing either if it was Webster, Hosley, and Tryon back there.

Killdrive, on the other hand, calls 3 shotgun draws in a row. The ONLY reason you should EVER call the same play three times in a row is if it's a QB kneel to run out the clock. Pulling out Wilson because he didn't turn around to catch a dumpoff on a play that was already screwed over by Diehl being, well, Diehl... smh.

Not giving PF a free pass, but seriously Killdrive is the much bigger threat to this team...

SuperNYGiants
12-17-2012, 01:11 PM
Coughlin just might be forced to ditch Gilbride if Giants don't make the playoffs to save his face.

It would be sweet if Fewell would walk by his own will, he's just an average DC at best.

BlueReign
12-17-2012, 01:13 PM
I really like Gilbride's play design. His route combinations are extremely well planned, but I question his play selection. I wish he was just an architect or consultant.

Die-Hard
12-17-2012, 01:18 PM
As much as I agree, PF and Killdrive very likely aren't going anywhere. The SB's have all but given them a free pass until TC retires

rextilleon
12-17-2012, 01:21 PM
I agree--I dont think that there is any chance of Gilbride going----Fewell--perhaps, thats how bad they have been all year defensively.

BuffyBlueII
12-17-2012, 01:22 PM
Our OC needs to go. He is horrible.

GreenZone
12-17-2012, 02:05 PM
Response thread to the Fewell thread. Killdrive is a much greater problem on this team. Letting Tuck and Osi play isn't great by any stretch, but injuries are plaguing our secondary to no end. I wouldn't feel comfortable blitzing either if it was Webster, Hosley, and Tryon back there.

Killdrive, on the other hand, calls 3 shotgun draws in a row. The ONLY reason you should EVER call the same play three times in a row is if it's a QB kneel to run out the clock. Pulling out Wilson because he didn't turn around to catch a dumpoff on a play that was already screwed over by Diehl being, well, Diehl... smh.

Not giving PF a free pass, but seriously Killdrive is the much bigger threat to this team...

It's great to pull out one sequence or one play here and there and call them mistakes after they didn't work, but the overall record of Kevin GILBRIDE is outstanding. Questioning a selection is fair, but using it as an argument for dumping a successful QB-OC combo is pretty pathetic.

joemorrisforprez
12-17-2012, 02:07 PM
I think they'd need to miss the playoffs....and even then, he's probably not going anywhere.

I'm lighting a candle and hoping some college team is looking for the self-annointed "Best Coordinator in the NFL".

Cloud57
12-17-2012, 02:09 PM
We need to start a petition

GameTime
12-17-2012, 02:09 PM
so who will be the next OC that you will cry about......
it not all KG or TC or Eli...
its poor performance all across the board with losses like that.......
I dont go for the BS that win inspite of KG but when they lose its his fault. That is just utter crap logic.....

YATittle1962
12-17-2012, 02:10 PM
as long as Coughlin is here Gilbride will be here

poor coaching yesterday for sure ....from the top down

Cloud57
12-17-2012, 02:10 PM
so who will be the next OC that you will cry about......
it not all KG or TC or Eli...
its poor performance all across the board with losses like that.......
I dont go for the BS that win inspite of KG but when they lose its his fault. That is just utter crap logic.....it's not entirely his fault, but this is an offensive team and a large portion of this poor performance is his fault.

Cloud57
12-17-2012, 02:11 PM

poor coaching yesterday for sure ....from the top downexactly, that's what I've been saying, coughlin is a good coach but nothing will change as long as he's here.

GameTime
12-17-2012, 02:13 PM
it's not entirely his fault, but this is an offensive team and a large portion of this poor performance is his fault.
I disagree....the fault is displaced pretty evenly.......
If KG is calling 3 draw plays in a row.....ok..bad thing..
Eli....change the ****ing play or TC get the **** over to KG and scream in his face and say WTF!!!!!!???????
all to blame......

giantsfan420
12-17-2012, 02:15 PM
It's great to pull out one sequence or one play here and there and call them mistakes after they didn't work, but the overall record of Kevin GILBRIDE is outstanding. Questioning a selection is fair, but using it as an argument for dumping a successful QB-OC combo is pretty pathetic.this has gotta be Gilbride himself

joemorrisforprez
12-17-2012, 02:17 PM
exactly, that's what I've been saying, coughlin is a good coach but nothing will change as long as he's here.

Hufnagel, Tim Lewis, Sheridan.....all goes that Coughlin let go.

Like I said, I hope someone hires Gilbride away....that would be a happy ending for all parties.

sharick88
12-17-2012, 02:18 PM

An act of God

sharick88
12-17-2012, 02:20 PM
Seriously though, you guys killing Gilbride need to throw some of that heat at Eli Manning too. They are both equally responsible since they are the generals of the offensive gameplan

OrangeGiant
12-17-2012, 02:31 PM
Hufnagel, Tim Lewis, Sheridan.....all goes that Coughlin let go.

Like I said, I hope someone hires Gilbride away....that would be a happy ending for all parties.

Your point is exactly what I was discussing with a buddy of mine during the game. KG has 2 super bowl rings as an OC. Typically the coordinators, both offense and defense, of a SB winning team are hot commodities for teams needing a coach the following season. When has KG's name come up in the last 5 years for a HC position? If it has, I haven't heard it. A lot of teams have changes coaches in the last 5 years and here is a coordinator with 2 rings on his finger and no rings on his phone, as far as I have heard. That tells me a lot.

I typically don't post much, and I don't like to point fingers at any player or coach and blame them for a loss because it's a team and you win and lose as a team. However, to me, this team has had the same problems scoring in the redzone for as long as I can remember. Every damn year. It nearly cost us the last two superbowls as in both games this team had chances to score TD's and had to kick field goals, or didn't score at all on drives. When you can move the ball up and down the field and then continually bog down in the red zone almost every week-that is a play calling issue to me. You can't say every time, oh it's lack of execution. It isn't. It is poor play calling. The talent is there on offense, there is no reason to continually bog down and kick field goals (or not score at all) over and over again. It is a recurring theme and it's to the point now where I expect it. Then those 4th down calls yesterday were just head scratching to me.

Look, I'm not an offensive coordinator, and neither is anyone else on these boards, but I think there is a glaring issue with the offensive play calling on this team and I really don't think it can be denied anymore. We didn't win 2 SB's because of KG's playcalling. We won because of defense and Eli making some big plays when he had to. I think it's time to start looking for a new OC, unless things really change from here on out. I am guessing they won't.

joemorrisforprez
12-17-2012, 02:32 PM
Seriously though, you guys killing Gilbride need to throw some of that heat at Eli Manning too. They are both equally responsible since they are the generals of the offensive gameplan

I agree....Eli had a poor game.

I just think it's up to the coaches to change things up when they are not working.

And in my opinion, "more Lumpkin" was not the cowbell this team needed yesterday.

ShakeandBake
12-17-2012, 02:37 PM

I agree, there is plenty of blame to go around

byron
12-17-2012, 02:39 PM

poor coaching yesterday for sure ....from the top down Which leads me to believe that they are adamant that the game plan will work if the players execute properly...hence why we see little to nothing by way of in game adjustments....I also have to wonder what the players are thinking or how they are feeling when things are going south....do they give up knowing the game plan sucks.... Idk.. I realize you have to give things a good try but the first half should have been telling yesterday.......These are just the things I think about... look at the Saints game, great game plan and execution, they were ready for a shoot out....then look at the Skins game where they should have been throwing against that D and they go with a control the clock approach to try and keep RG3 off the field....I just don't get it ,why wouldn't you go after the Skins the same way they went after Saints and so on till somebody stops ya.....

Harooni
12-17-2012, 03:16 PM
unfortunately everyone gets a pass a year after the sb. we will have to wait 2 seasons.

DarkSaint
12-17-2012, 03:20 PM
Killdrive won't be fired if we make the playoffs. As a Giants fan I cannot root for them not to make the playoffs in order to get Killdrive fired. I hope we make the playoffs and go on another run inspite of Killdrive. On a side note, do you guys think that the game plan was thrash because they didn't want to show their entire playbook in case they meet Atlanta in a few weeks again? You know, calling the same play 4 times in a row on consecutive series. I mean how else could ATL know exactly where the ball was going?

JMGGIANTS
12-17-2012, 03:23 PM
Are you going to give Gilbride credit for the N.O. game or just the blame in games like yesterday? If only he could execute the darn plays he would be good right?

Toadofsteel
12-17-2012, 03:44 PM
Are you going to give Gilbride credit for the N.O. game or just the blame in games like yesterday? If only he could execute the darn plays he would be good right?

Only thing that could have helped was Bradshaw being healthy... and it's what could be a game changer vs the Ravens.

Packers and Saints blowouts came vs crappy/injured defenses. Diehl could actually hold a block for 2 seconds. Niners win came on Bradshaw being on fire after Brown made a push for the start (as he did vs the Browns). Wilson's big day vs the Saints could yet push Bradshaw into that territory again, especially with an extra week of rest, which is why I say he could be a game changer...

DarkSaint
12-17-2012, 03:46 PM
Killdrive had nothing to do with the saints game. He just didn't blow it because of the big returns by Wilson and JJ. You can't count on those plays every week. We also had a nice 2min drive before the half in both games. In the Saints game we scored, in the ATL game we decided to call plays to kill the clock after the 2min warning. If we hurried we would have scored. Killdrive has to simplify the offense and stop with the read and react nonsense. Let him design plays for our talented wrs instead of them trying to create routes on the fly. We have a lot of weapons, he isn't using them correctly. I'm not worried about the defense, if we get healthy fewell did simplify last year during the playoffs. We had these same problems going in, he saw that and made adjustments. Killdrive is to stubborn and in love with his system that no one else in the league uses. I mean why make it unnecessarily more difficult for you to succeed?

JMGGIANTS
12-17-2012, 03:57 PM
Only thing that could have helped was Bradshaw being healthy... and it's what could be a game changer vs the Ravens.

Packers and Saints blowouts came vs crappy/injured defenses. Diehl could actually hold a block for 2 seconds. Niners win came on Bradshaw being on fire after Brown made a push for the start (as he did vs the Browns). Wilson's big day vs the Saints could yet push Bradshaw into that territory again, especially with an extra week of rest, which is why I say he could be a game changer...

You do make a good point there.

Morehead State
12-17-2012, 03:59 PM
Killdrive had nothing to do with the saints game. He just didn't blow it because of the big returns by Wilson and JJ. You can't count on those plays every week. We also had a nice 2min drive before the half in both games. In the Saints game we scored, in the ATL game we decided to call plays to kill the clock after the 2min warning. If we hurried we would have scored. Killdrive has to simplify the offense and stop with the read and react nonsense. Let him design plays for our talented wrs instead of them trying to create routes on the fly. We have a lot of weapons, he isn't using them correctly. I'm not worried about the defense, if we get healthy fewell did simplify last year during the playoffs. We had these same problems going in, he saw that and made adjustments. Killdrive is to stubborn and in love with his system that no one else in the league uses. I mean why make it unnecessarily more difficult for you to succeed?

Most NFL teams run sight adjustment routes.

Cloud57
12-17-2012, 04:11 PM
here's a stat, no superbowl winning team loses with 0 point the following season, except the Giants

DarkSaint
12-17-2012, 05:03 PM
Most NFL teams run sight adjustment routes. The redskins? are they running the same offense for RG3 and Cousins? If there is any sight adjustment its RG3. The packers don't, the pats don't, saints don't, eagles don't, the cowboys don't. If some teams do, they don't use it at the same level as we do. How about the Steelers? They went to the dink and dunk offense that has lowered the int rate of rothlisberger. They have 2 SB wins and realize that changes needed be made and they went out and did. KILLDRIVE refuses to change. We have arguably better/ faster receivers than the Pats, yet how many times are they wide open in a game where a high percentage pass play can be made instead of streaking 60 yards downfield on bad knees. I pray some college coach hires this clown as a coach. I also don't want someone from within promoted because he will probably try to instill the same system or something based off of it.

moosedrool
12-17-2012, 06:02 PM
People who think it's the two time super bowl winning OC's fault are clueless. Nicks is hurt and is a fraction of the player he was a year ago and defenses know it. There is no Manningham which defenses needed to worry about getting beat deep. These are the main two reasons Eli and the offense are struggling. Last year the Giants had three excellent receivers and the offense was so much better. This year we only have one.

JesseJames
12-17-2012, 06:12 PM
the title of this thread is a question that has been bothering me for years now, Gilbride has absolutely no imagination in his playcalling and seems to love the long pass far to often instead of just taking what the defense gives and moving the chains....

Robert21156
12-17-2012, 10:05 PM
Your point is exactly what I was discussing with a buddy of mine during the game. KG has 2 super bowl rings as an OC. Typically the coordinators, both offense and defense, of a SB winning team are hot commodities for teams needing a coach the following season. When has KG's name come up in the last 5 years for a HC position? If it has, I haven't heard it. A lot of teams have changes coaches in the last 5 years and here is a coordinator with 2 rings on his finger and no rings on his phone, as far as I have heard. That tells me a lot.

I typically don't post much, and I don't like to point fingers at any player or coach and blame them for a loss because it's a team and you win and lose as a team. However, to me, this team has had the same problems scoring in the redzone for as long as I can remember. Every damn year. It nearly cost us the last two superbowls as in both games this team had chances to score TD's and had to kick field goals, or didn't score at all on drives. When you can move the ball up and down the field and then continually bog down in the red zone almost every week-that is a play calling issue to me. You can't say every time, oh it's lack of execution. It isn't. It is poor play calling. The talent is there on offense, there is no reason to continually bog down and kick field goals (or not score at all) over and over again. It is a recurring theme and it's to the point now where I expect it. Then those 4th down calls yesterday were just head scratching to me.

Look, I'm not an offensive coordinator, and neither is anyone else on these boards, but I think there is a glaring issue with the offensive play calling on this team and I really don't think it can be denied anymore. We didn't win 2 SB's because of KG's playcalling. We won because of defense and Eli making some big plays when he had to. I think it's time to start looking for a new OC, unless things really change from here on out. I am guessing they won't.
100% right. Our play calling is SO stale. Good defensive coaches absolutely know our plays and game plan for us extremely well. Coaches have to be changed from time to time, and it's time!!!

BigBlue1971
12-17-2012, 10:23 PM
Gilbride is not the total problem! the plays didnt work period! that magnified the issue.

the players didnt execute! these plays have prolly worked before! it was just a down right bad day for the Giants!

YATittle1962
12-17-2012, 10:35 PM
Most NFL teams run sight adjustment routes.

more like all

there are high school teams that use sight adjustments

some teams don't use them as much as others.....but every team has sight adjusted routes in their playbook

YATittle1962
12-17-2012, 10:37 PM
The redskins? are they running the same offense for RG3 and Cousins? If there is any sight adjustment its RG3. The packers don't, the pats don't, saints don't, eagles don't, the cowboys don't. If some teams do, they don't use it at the same level as we do. How about the Steelers? They went to the dink and dunk offense that has lowered the int rate of rothlisberger. They have 2 SB wins and realize that changes needed be made and they went out and did. KILLDRIVE refuses to change. We have arguably better/ faster receivers than the Pats, yet how many times are they wide open in a game where a high percentage pass play can be made instead of streaking 60 yards downfield on bad knees. I pray some college coach hires this clown as a coach. I also don't want someone from within promoted because he will probably try to instill the same system or something based off of it.

every team in the league has sight adjusted routes in their playbook ....some more than others ...but all use them

in the last decade it has become almost as common in football as play action

GiantRoc
12-17-2012, 11:00 PM
We love Gilbride. He is an offensive genius who has led us to 2 SBs. Crushing SB opponents with 17 and 20 point offensive domination.

The point is, whatever he is doing, it is not working for this team. If he can't figure out what does work, he should be out the door. It is an excellent point that absolutely no other teams have tried to lure him away. I will also add that we have to look at TC. He is an advocate of hard nosed ground pounding offense.(except 3rd & 1 bombs). He may be the one reigning back the O. I think Wilson has been ignored, and the lack of creativity getting this kid the ball is criminal.

I Bleed Blue 56
12-17-2012, 11:00 PM
Gilbride is the worst and if anyone in there right mind can defend him than you know s**t about football. He is clueless to manage a football game properly he barely calls a screen or a slant pass. Hell we got Bennet you would think a pass to the te down the middle would be called. Nope lets go with a draw three times in a row. Lets not utilize our rookie running back properly. Hes fast and can catch throw him a screen and stop with these delayed tosses to him. I watch every nfl team and we have weapons all across the board. We just dont got the proper play caller.

YATittle1962
12-17-2012, 11:13 PM
Gilbride is the worst and if anyone in there right mind can defend him than you know s**t about football. He is clueless to manage a football game properly he barely calls a screen or a slant pass. Hell we got Bennet you would think a pass to the te down the middle would be called. Nope lets go with a draw three times in a row. Lets not utilize our rookie running back properly. Hes fast and can catch throw him a screen and stop with these delayed tosses to him. I watch every nfl team and we have weapons all across the board. We just dont got the proper play caller.

it is very evident that you don't know much about the type of offense the Giants run

thats all I will say about that

Rudyy
12-17-2012, 11:28 PM
I just wish he would adjust when adjustments are needed.
He doesn't need to get fired because he's not a "bad" OC..he just doesn't mix things up.

ALLnygIN
12-17-2012, 11:29 PM
Look, I understand why some of you will stick up for Gilbride. When he has a working game plan and its a perfect world he fantastic. The fact of the matter is this, a good offensive coordinator can adapt to the game.. There has to be times when the original game plan is thrown out the window becuase it is not working. Hey, sometimes you have to improvise on play calling! Theres been to many times where this offense is just one dimensional and anyone with half a mind can tell what the giants are gonig to do next. A good offensive coordinator can work with that.. I don't see that from him. He's either brilliant or pathetic.. Moreover on that, he's brilliant at times only becuase he capitalizes on the success of his players. A good offensive play caller/designer can reconize hey, somethings not clicking with my guys I have to start simplifying the plays here and get them into some sort of a rhythm and build off of that. He refuses to do that. Nicks is injured, he's not going to perform at 100 percent. He has to find ways to compensate for that.. He can't... I'm sick of sticking up for the guy, I've done it long enough and gave him the benefit of the doubt, but I just see the same stuff over and over again.. Point is... Gilbride hides behind to success of his players and that alone. Sure, he can design nice complex schemes and thats one part of being a good coordinator the other side is being able to compensate for that not working due to injuries or an out of sync offense and he has shown nothing but failure on that end. Hes completely predictable to. He's not that great. Get over it.

gmen0820
12-17-2012, 11:32 PM
Fortunately, as evidenced with all of our successes during Gilbride's tenure, we don't have to do much adjusting that -- in the grand scheme of things -- is wholly necessary.

Giggles2013
12-17-2012, 11:32 PM
Gilbride won't be fired because the offense has consistently put on good numbers (statistically) over the past few years. Coughlin will go down fighting to save Gilbride's job because he is running Tom's system to his liking. To kill the snake you must chop off its head and the head is Coughlin.

joemorrisforprez
12-17-2012, 11:53 PM
We didn't win 2 SB's because of KG's playcalling. We won because of defense and Eli making some big plays when he had to. I think it's time to start looking for a new OC, unless things really change from here on out. I am guessing they won't.

I think it says alot that both Super Bowl wins came down to Eli's final drives.....when the Giants had no choice but to give Eli the ability to go up tempo.

To use a music analogy, Gilbride is the Art Garfunkel in that relationship.

GiantRoc
12-17-2012, 11:57 PM
it is very evident that you don't know much about the type of offense the Giants run

thats all I will say about that

We do realize. It does not work consistently against competent teams. Hence, the desire for change.

Cloud57
12-18-2012, 12:17 AM
I just wish he would adjust when adjustments are needed.
He doesn't need to get fired because he's not a "bad" OC..he just doesn't mix things up.that's the problem he's not gonna change anything.

YATittle1962
12-18-2012, 12:35 AM
Look, I understand why some of you will stick up for Gilbride. When he has a working game plan and its a perfect world he fantastic. The fact of the matter is this, a good offensive coordinator can adapt to the game.. There has to be times when the original game plan is thrown out the window becuase it is not working. Hey, sometimes you have to improvise on play calling! Theres been to many times where this offense is just one dimensional and anyone with half a mind can tell what the giants are gonig to do next. A good offensive coordinator can work with that.. I don't see that from him. He's either brilliant or pathetic.. Moreover on that, he's brilliant at times only becuase he capitalizes on the success of his players. A good offensive play caller/designer can reconize hey, somethings not clicking with my guys I have to start simplifying the plays here and get them into some sort of a rhythm and build off of that. He refuses to do that. Nicks is injured, he's not going to perform at 100 percent. He has to find ways to compensate for that.. He can't... I'm sick of sticking up for the guy, I've done it long enough and gave him the benefit of the doubt, but I just see the same stuff over and over again.. Point is... Gilbride hides behind to success of his players and that alone. Sure, he can design nice complex schemes and thats one part of being a good coordinator the other side is being able to compensate for that not working due to injuries or an out of sync offense and he has shown nothing but failure on that end. Hes completely predictable to. He's not that great. Get over it.

the stubbornness of sticking to the gameplan religiously comes from Coughlin

this particular concern is not a Gilbride issue

Diamondring
12-18-2012, 12:37 AM
the stubbornness of sticking to the gameplan religiously comes from Coughlin

this particular concern is not a Gilbride issueI don't know. Buddy hit him for a reason.

Toadofsteel
12-18-2012, 12:41 AM
I think it says alot that both Super Bowl wins came down to Eli's final drives.....when the Giants had no choice but to give Eli the ability to go up tempo.

To use a music analogy, Gilbride is the Art Garfunkel in that relationship.

Amen to that...

YATittle1962
12-18-2012, 12:48 AM
I don't know. Buddy hit him for a reason.

and that reason was not that he stuck to the gameplan

this is so commonly brought up by those who hate Gilbride and holds no weight

Buddy Ryan is an egomaniac hot headed *******......that is why he made an *** out of himself by punching a member of his own team

the Oilers were dominating that game and Gilbrides offense was nearly flawless

he was setting records with Warren Moon and had Codey Carlson playing like a damn pro bowler

Buddy Ryan was an eternal idiot and wanted a shut out for his defense and when Cody Carlson fumbled the ball that idiot lost his temper and did one of the stupidest things I have ever seen a professional do ......make a *** of himself on national TV in typical Ryan fashion

Gilbride had one of the most potent offenses in the league that season

Buddy got his damn shut out .....the ******* that he is

if Moon did not get hurt that team may have won the Superbowl

Diamondring
12-18-2012, 12:51 AM

Buddy Ryan is an egomaniac hot headed *******......that is why he made an *** out of himself by punching a member of his own team

he was setting records with Warren Moon and had Codey Carlson playing like a damn pro bowler

Buddy Ryan was an eternal idiot and wanted a shut out for his defense and when Cody Carlson fumbled the ball that idiot lost his temper and did one of the stupidest things I have ever seen a professional do ......make a *** of himself on national TV in typical Ryan fashion

if Moon did not get hurt that team may have won the SuperbowlBuddy is like a lot of people on this earth. Don't forget that KG came up to Ryan to now.

bearbryant
12-18-2012, 01:47 AM
I've never been a kildrive guy. The only reason he got his job was by climbing over someone coughlin needed to fire or he would have been unemployed. I'd imagine the same issue might play out if the heat gets hot enough in the kitchen. Lets remember that ownership made a line in the sand and said they;d never let the Giants be disgraced then way it was 3 years ago, i think it was. But the truth is they did little and kept saying less. So what will make them move is a mystery to me.
What isn't a mystery is the inability of the current Giant team to play consistently. The continual compliant that the Giants are uncreative and don't adjust their plan when needed is not only shown by Kildrive but by Coughlin as well. This is the same routine that the players in Jacksonville talked about constantly. Wondering why he was so stubborn and unwilling to make any changes even when they might benefit the team. Kildrive is TC's butt boy, plain and simple. Sometimes relentlessness and the inability to make changes can be a persons undoing. If Spagnola doesn't come along in 2007, ya think we win a Super Bowl? I've never said that the coaching staff is not professional but they certainly stop short of being the best they can be because of the philosophy. Watching him putting Nicks out there week in and week out is so typical of this type of behavior. Stop trying to put a round peg in a square hole. Its coughlins team and the coordinators run it his way: safe, secure and unwavering. The problem is the rest of the league didn't get the memo. Go Giants!

giantsfan420
12-18-2012, 02:22 AM
Tom Moore, the guy who created the system Peyton ran in Indy is an advisor to Tenn. and wants to be a OC again next season. We need him ASAP. ID LOVE IT if he came in, took part of kgs scheme and morphed his into it...my god...pls someone hire KG as a HC, and we hire Tom Moore

Marvelousmik
12-18-2012, 02:24 AM
Killdrive, on the other hand, calls 3 shotgun draws in a row. ..

even i have to admit that was pretty bad.

stormblue
12-18-2012, 02:49 AM
I've never been a kildrive guy. The only reason he got his job was by climbing over someone coughlin needed to fire or he would have been unemployed. I'd imagine the same issue might play out if the heat gets hot enough in the kitchen. Lets remember that ownership made a line in the sand and said they;d never let the Giants be disgraced then way it was 3 years ago, i think it was. But the truth is they did little and kept saying less. So what will make them move is a mystery to me.
What isn't a mystery is the inability of the current Giant team to play consistently. The continual compliant that the Giants are uncreative and don't adjust their plan when needed is not only shown by Kildrive but by Coughlin as well. This is the same routine that the players in Jacksonville talked about constantly. Wondering why he was so stubborn and unwilling to make any changes even when they might benefit the team. Kildrive is TC's butt boy, plain and simple. Sometimes relentlessness and the inability to make changes can be a persons undoing. If Spagnola doesn't come along in 2007, ya think we win a Super Bowl? I've never said that the coaching staff is not professional but they certainly stop short of being the best they can be because of the philosophy. Watching him putting Nicks out there week in and week out is so typical of this type of behavior. Stop trying to put a round peg in a square hole. Its coughlins team and the coordinators run it his way: safe, secure and unwavering. The problem is the rest of the league didn't get the memo. Go Giants!

as far as "food for thought " goes...
that was a nice meal.
my compliments to the chef.

oldsmobile
12-18-2012, 09:49 AM
Coughlin will NEVER fire KILDRIVE or PF !!!! The only way we get rid of them if the get another job . LOL !!!!! Don't ever see that happening . So we are stuck with them till Coughlin retires or gets fired .

Marvelousmik
12-18-2012, 12:29 PM
actually i change my mind. on those 3 draw plays it is possible that eli changed the play. i doubt you call 3 draws in a row. but if he did then shame on him. we dont know that for sure though.

DarkSaint
12-18-2012, 01:57 PM
If all else fails blame it on Eli, eh? This is a unsupported bs excuse to lay the blame solely on Eli as a last resort. Lemme guess, it was also Eli's call to have Lumpkin out there?

GameTime
12-18-2012, 02:03 PM
If all else fails blame it on Eli, eh? This is a unsupported bs excuse to lay the blame solely on Eli as a last resort. Lemme guess, it was also Eli's call to have Lumpkin out there?
take it easy....he did say "maybe"......
Eli has lattitude when it comes to the plays...Somebody called three in a row......could have been Eli...
What if one of the draws workd he we said Eli called it.....then you would be happy.....
I love Eli and I dont hate KG at all but the offensives success and problems start and end with both of them

GameTime
12-18-2012, 02:04 PM

if Moon did not get hurt that team may have won the Superbowl

Buddy is/was an ahole......

OX1
12-18-2012, 02:48 PM
People who think it's the two time super bowl winning OC's fault are clueless. Nicks is hurt and is a fraction of the player he was a year ago and defenses know it. There is no Manningham which defenses needed to worry about getting beat deep. These are the main two reasons Eli and the offense are struggling. Last year the Giants had three excellent receivers and the offense was so much better. This year we only have one.

and what has Killdrive done to work around that, NADA!!!!!!!!!

mike kennedy
12-18-2012, 06:36 PM

I hear your points but you have failed to mention 1 thing and that is Gilbrilliants inability to come up with a "different"game plan to go with the players who he has. He is the plain Jane of offensive coordinators. Same old hat with him. Draw plays and long passes on 3rd and short or 3 yard passes on 3rd and 8. That trickster!

OrangeGiant
12-18-2012, 06:53 PM
There are good points on both sides of the Gilbride arguement, but the fact remains is this team continually, consistently, fails to score TD's in the red zone or green zone, or whatever you want to call it. It's not an isolated thing, it has been an issue every year for the last several years. Why is that? Can you really chalk it up to lack of execution over and over and over again? Honestly for the most part, I have no issue with the play calling between the 20's. Yes, there are times when I wonder why a certain play is called, but ususally the Giants move the ball consistently well between the 20's. It's in the red zone where things bog down. Why are some teams (Saints, for example) so good in the red zone, and the Giants are not? To me, it has to come down to play calling at least to some extent. That is the part of the field where the play book shrinks, the field shrinks, and you have to be creative as an OC to be able to consistently put the ball in the end zone. I can almost predict what the Giants are going to do when they get inside the 20. If I can, I'm betting DC's can. Every week we here the same thing, we have to do a better job of scoring when we are in the red zone, over and over again, but it doesn't change.

Look, I don't have the answer, but to not consider the fact that the play calling is a major reason this team can't consistently score in the red zone is very short sighted in my opinion.

JesseJames
12-19-2012, 11:53 AM

I remember reading a lot of the discontent with the players when TC was in Jacksonville, they said he was too stubborn, too strict and unimaginative in his game plans on both sides of the ball and we see this same thing today...

MustWarnOthers
12-19-2012, 12:04 PM
We need someone to clone Gilbride in a laboratory but make genetic modifications to increase the Shotgun Draw percentage. Right now we're sitting on like a 40-50% chance of Shotgun Draw on each play, when it should be more like 75%.

Some of the fans on this board think we run the draw too much, but it's really that we aren't running it ENOUGH. Teams expect the draw when we run it 2-3 times in a row on a single drive, but if we ran it say 8 or 9 times in a row, they'd never see that coming.

Moke
12-19-2012, 12:05 PM
Enough... this is a very harsh thread