PDA

View Full Version : The New Breed of Giants fans are spoiled as hell!!!!!!!

sharick88
12-17-2012, 12:59 PM
The new breed of giants fans are spoiled. I feel like these types take winning championships for granted and act like Lombardi trophies grow on trees. People are tripping for one year of poor play? Try waiting 17 years for another title. I was here for the 21-0 shut out in t playoffs against the 85 bears. I was there for the flipper Anderson walk off td. I was there for the Vikings recovering two onside kicks back to back as we blew a playoff game. I was there for the snowball game with ray handley as the head coach. I was there when we blew that big lead against the 49ers in that wildcard game. I was also there for the 44-3 beatdown that we took in the divisional round of the playoffs against San Francisco in the 1993 playoffs. The point is that teams go through hard times and we will again suck and be cellar dwellers one day. Probably as soon as next year. Anyways, appreciate being even close to contending every year because this **** wont last forever. IMO, the new breed of fans haven't really experienced real turmoil yet and I actually question if they will be around once things go really south.

Moke
12-17-2012, 01:00 PM
We are spoiled. We're all going to die this Friday. OH NO!

AllHailEli
12-17-2012, 01:02 PM
Huh? We came out of the Super Bowl talking about dynasty and Eli hitting his prime and being elite. I am not throwing the towel yet, but it would be FAILURE if we miss the playoffs!

AllHailEli
12-17-2012, 01:04 PM
Let me rephrase that -- it will be a FAILURE OF EPIC PROPORTIONS if Giants don't make the playoffs...and that's not being spoiled, that's just having fair expectations.

sharick88
12-17-2012, 01:06 PM
Huh? We came out of the Super Bowl talking about dynasty and Eli hitting his prime and being elite. I am not throwing the towel yet, but it would be FAILURE if we miss the playoffs!

Well my response to that is get used to it. That's just the make up of this current giants team.

BlueReign
Who cares? Everyone should be enjoying this era regardless of age. Just because some haven't gone through as much heartbreak with this team doesn't make them any less of a fan; it just makes them young. Stop thumping your chest because you were born earlier than others.

nycisgreat

Failure similar to 2009 (Sheridan Fiasco) or 2010 (Matt Dodge Punt Fiasco) seasons.

Toadofsteel
12-17-2012, 01:07 PM
When you have Dave Brown, failure is understandable. But we don't have Dave Brown right now...

AllHailEli
12-17-2012, 01:09 PM
Well my response to that is get used to it. That's just the make up of this current giants team.

We can't possibly be talking about winning the Super Bowl a season ago and rebuilding a year after? That's just crazy.

sharick88
12-17-2012, 01:11 PM
Let me rephrase that -- it will be a FAILURE OF EPIC PROPORTIONS if Giants don't make the playoffs...and that's not being spoiled, that's just having fair expectations.

If we don't make the playoffs, well we just don't make the playoffs. We got our lombardi last year. I'm good to go for a long time buddy

GameTime
12-17-2012, 01:15 PM
ehh..I have been a fan for along long time and I did more than my share of pissing and moaning yesterday post game.
I totally appreciate the Lombardi's they have won but when you have a team that good enough and they under acheive hugely I get pissed.

sharick88
12-17-2012, 01:15 PM
Who cares? Everyone should be enjoying this era regardless of age. Just because some haven't gone through as much heartbreak with this team doesn't make them any less of a fan; it just makes them young. Stop thumping your chest because you were born earlier than others.

Well when you go through some real turmoil and a team that sux on every level possible, get at me. Until then, you don't know ****.

Die-Hard
12-17-2012, 01:16 PM
Superbowls inevitably bring about a lot of bandwagon jumpers, and bandwagon jumpers have no idea how to handle losses, which is what makes them bandwagon jumpers. They change teams as often as women buy shoes.

Happens in all sports every single year. Lose, and they're gone. They aren't real fans, so they dont care.

BlueReign
12-17-2012, 01:17 PM
Well when you go through some real turmoil and a team that sux on every level possible, get at me. Until then, you don't know ****.
Actually, I know quite a bit because I happen to be well read. And I do know turmoil, I'm a Mets fan. So I can "get at" whoever I'd like.
The bottom line is that four of the last 6 games, the effort has been UNACCEPTABLE. Getting straight up beat is one thing, but it's obvious that only a handful of players (i.e Rolle, Blackburn) are giving it their all. This team can be dominant when it chooses to be which is what is REALLY annoying all of the fans.

AllHailEli
12-17-2012, 01:19 PM
If we don't make the playoffs, well we just don't make the playoffs. We got our lombardi last year. I'm good to go for a long time buddy

I'm not. I want to be in the playoffs every year and have a shot at the Lombardi. And I believe this team is good enough for both, if they don't lose their focus and motivation.

sharick88
12-17-2012, 01:19 PM
ehh..I have been a fan for along long time and I did more than my share of pissing and moaning yesterday post game.
I totally appreciate the Lombardi's they have won but when you have a team that good enough and they under acheive hugely I get pissed.

Yeah, that game was the ultimate epic fail. I was swearing in front of my children and that is something that I never do. That's two games this year where fox turned us off for another game because we were getting murdered.

Die-Hard
12-17-2012, 01:20 PM
Actually, I know quite a bit because I happen to be well read. And I do know turmoil, I'm a Mets fan. So I can "get at" whoever I'd like.
The bottom line is that four of the last 6 games, the effort has been UNACCEPTABLE. Getting straight up beat is one thing, but it's obvious that only a handful of players (i.e Rolle, Blackburn) are giving it their all. This team can be dominant when it chooses to be which is what is REALLY annoying all of the fans.

"Get at" each other through PM's. Dont fight it out on the boards please

Thanks

Bigbluefan77
12-17-2012, 01:21 PM
its the inconsistancy that is killing us. Wins against the saints, 9ers and other good teams gave us hope and now this loss just took it all away

bigblue999
12-17-2012, 01:23 PM
The new breed of giants fans are spoiled. I feel like these types take winning championships for granted and act like Lombardi trophies grow on trees. People are tripping for one year of poor play? Try waiting 17 years for another title. I was here for the 21-0 shut out in t playoffs against the 85 bears. I was there for the flipper Anderson walk off td. I was there for the Vikings recovering two onside kicks back to back as we blew a playoff game. I was there for the snowball game with ray handley as the head coach. I was there when we blew that big lead against the 49ers in that wildcard game. I was also there for the 44-3 beatdown that we took in the divisional round of the playoffs against San Francisco in the 1993 playoffs. The point is that teams go through hard times and we will again suck and be cellar dwellers one day. Probably as soon as next year. Anyways, appreciate being even close to contending every year because this **** wont last forever. IMO, the new breed of fans haven't really experienced real turmoil yet and I actually question if they will be around once things go really south.

I'm sorry man, but you make no sense. Clearly there are massive issues with this coaching staff....and players going through the motions...something needs to be done

Toadofsteel
12-17-2012, 01:29 PM

I was raised on Dave Brown. I want to win as many lombardis as possible before Eli retires and we're stuck with the next Dave Brown, or before TC retires and we're stuck with the next Ray Handley (and by that I mean killdrive)...

Rudyy
12-17-2012, 01:31 PM
Why are you content with losing? Your goal is to make it to the playoffs every year.

sharick88
12-17-2012, 01:31 PM
I'm not. I want to be in the playoffs every year and have a shot at the Lombardi. And I believe this team is good enough for both, if they don't lose their focus and motivation.

They have been giving you that mainly for the last 7 years. They've at least been in contention for a playoff spot consistently for that long. Really, I am very satisfied with the overall picture when it comes to the overall product that has been provided for the last 7 years.

plc
12-17-2012, 01:43 PM
Here is the way I see it.Will romeo make the play when it counts this time?Will 2 rookie QB's at Wash.play well now that they are at the top of division or will Eli do as he has done twice rise to the occasion and repeat his MVP preformance in the playoffs?Right now my bet is on Eli till he fails and even if he does he has 2 SB's Rings.If someone said to me before the season started that with 2 games left in season win 2 and you are in playoffs and a chance to defend your championship I would take it .This is what makes it exciting however I have been very very careful how I have behaved in front of my grandchildren .When the 8 year old was present I just said to him yesterday you win some and you lose some because in the end it is just entertainment and not life or death.Go Big Blue just show our young fans what it means to root for great organization .Think, you could be jestor fans and waiting just to appear in a SB for over 40 years.

gumby74
12-17-2012, 01:48 PM
Nope. I'm your typical greedy american. but seriously. if I had a choice I wish i could be like you and not take it as seriously. But as a maniacal fan, it's tough to put things in perspective.

sharick88
12-17-2012, 01:48 PM
Why are you content with losing? Your goal is to make it to the playoffs every year.

I never said I was content with losing. I'm just very appreciative for being a contender for the last 7 years.

RoanokeFan
12-17-2012, 01:52 PM

LMAO at the avatar

egyptian420
I was raised on Dave Brown. I want to win as many lombardis as possible before Eli retires and we're stuck with the next Dave Brown, or before TC retires and we're stuck with the next Ray Handley (and by that I mean killdrive)...I can almost guarantee you that Gilbride will be gone when Coughlin is. If Coughlin leaves and KG becomes head coach there will be riots. I'm not kidding.

Moke
I never said I was content with losing. I'm just very appreciative for being a contender for the last 7 years.

Most people here, I bet they are too. We just hate the heart failure seasons we have. This season was tough with the schedule, but some of these losses were inexcusable.

BurnerNYG
12-17-2012, 01:57 PM
If we don't make the playoffs, well we just don't make the playoffs. We got our lombardi last year. I'm good to go for a long time buddyMy feelings exactly. Some of these fans don't know what suffering is. Try finding a hobby or go root for your 2nd favorite team in your 2nd favorite sport. It's gonna be alright.

BurnerNYG
12-17-2012, 01:59 PM
Nope. I'm your typical greedy american. but seriously. if I had a choice I wish i could be like you and not take it as seriously. But as a maniacal fan, it's tough to put things in perspective.Maybe finding a girlfriend will help you.

GameTime
12-17-2012, 02:00 PM
My feelings exactly. Some of these fans don't know what suffering is. Try finding a hobby or go root for your 2nd favorite team in your 2nd favorite sport. It's gonna be alright.
while I understand what you guys are saying I reseve that sentiment for when the season is over. If they dont make the playoffs I can certainly rest on the fact that they wont and cant win it every year and that past performance and success is a great thing to have.
But during the season which has some hope of getting to the playoffs and beyond I will def get pissed about terrible losses and get totally pumped over great wins.

BurnerNYG
12-17-2012, 02:01 PM
Why are you content with losing? Your goal is to make it to the playoffs every year.There are 31 other teams in the league trying to accomplish the same goal. I'll probably be upset a yr or two later but not the season right after we won a championship.

BurnerNYG
12-17-2012, 02:05 PM
while I understand what you guys are saying I reseve that sentiment for when the season is over. If they dont make the playoffs I can certainly rest on the fact that they wont and cant win it every year and that past performance and success is a great thing to have.
But during the season which has some hope of getting to the playoffs and beyond I will def get pissed about terrible losses and get totally pumped over great wins.Sometimes I appreciate the hardships and rebuilding phase that a team goes through. It makes getting back to the top a whole lot sweeter. I would probably get bored if the Giants won every year.

Out of Exile
12-17-2012, 02:34 PM

I am with you on this one. We had a tough schedule this year and Vegas had us pegged to not make playoffs. As of right now they could be right.

Still love this team no matter what. We have the worst fair weather fans I have ever seen.

giantsfan420
12-17-2012, 02:37 PM
hate to admit it but i think the OP is right. Sure itd be awesome if we were infallible, we arent. sure, things get ugly with this team, but ud think the knee jerk reactions would be tempered a little seeing as WE JUST WON THE SB LESS THAN A YEAR AGO lol/ but to be fair, there are some legit worries and concerns

Moke
12-17-2012, 02:39 PM
Giant fans in this generation are just sick of the media press we don't receive. And you know why? Because our seasons are always SO TIGHT and we never win games where we boost confidence for ANYONE.

We win the SB, no one really gives a ****.
We lose a season, people don't even know we won a SB the year before.

It's the way we are. Fans want attention at times, they want people to realize their team and how they good are. A football team that goes 9-7 and goes off to win a SB never really assures anyone until the final game.

The media rather grace the likes of teams like the Patriots or the Packers or the Saints (when they were actually good).

And this makes us Giant fans MAD.

OrangeGiant
12-17-2012, 02:42 PM
I agree with you, and I too was there for all those horrible losses. This is part of being a Giants fan. It is unrealistic to expect them to repeat, it's been 10 years or so since it's happened. Too much has to go right on so many fronts to repeat as SB champs. Plus people forget this is not the same team as last year. It just isn't. Key guys are gone and you can say their replacements as just as good, or next man up, or whatever you want, but the fact is this team is not last years team. At this point last year the Giants were getting the healthiest they had been all season. This season, they are losing another guy or two every week. The schedule is brutal, worse than last year. There are a lot of things going against the Giants right now and people just have to realize it just may not happen again this year. It just doesn't happen in the NFL anymore, it hard to repeat!!

GameTime
12-17-2012, 02:44 PM
Sometimes I appreciate the hardships and rebuilding phase that a team goes through. It makes getting back to the top a whole lot sweeter. I would probably get bored if the Giants won every year.
yep...and thats why I save all the other feelings for the off season.

RoanokeFan
12-17-2012, 02:48 PM
Nope. I'm your typical greedy american. but seriously. if I had a choice I wish i could be like you and not take it as seriously. But as a maniacal fan, it's tough to put things in perspective.

I can't help but think of Jack Pinto, a six year old fan of Victor Cruz, whose funeral is being held as we carp about the loss of a game. That's perspective.

Moke
12-17-2012, 02:50 PM
I can't help but think of Jack Pinto, a six year old fan of Victor Cruz, whose funeral is being held as we carp about the loss of a game. That's perspective.

You're bringing up an irrelevant point to make that guy seem like a ******.

Toadofsteel
12-17-2012, 02:51 PM

You mean the kid that Cruz absolutely let down on sunday?

RoanokeFan
12-17-2012, 02:53 PM

Really?

giantsfan420
12-17-2012, 02:53 PM
smh

JMGGIANTS
12-17-2012, 02:54 PM
Actually the new breed and old breed of Giant fans just want to see a team play with some level of consistency. We get all pumped for the games and then we have to be disappointed with game over by the end of the first quarter like the Cinci and yesterdays game. I mean game over not necessarily by the score but in your gut you knew the Giants were already a NO SHOW. I think the fans reaction to these NO SHOWS is normal.

Moke
12-17-2012, 02:54 PM

Let it go dude. He brings up Jack Pinto for no reason. Not even sure why he needed to go there.

Toadofsteel
12-17-2012, 02:55 PM
Let it go dude. He brings up Jack Pinto for no reason. Not even sure why he needed to go there.

alright alright...

Anyway JMG makes a point. If the team doesn't show up, why should the fans?

JMGGIANTS
12-17-2012, 02:55 PM
I think that statement is unfair and inappropriate. The whole team was a letdown but Cruz honored the kid...period. His performance does not take away that he honored the kid.

Moke
12-17-2012, 02:56 PM
THIS ISN'T A THREAD ON JACK PINTO. STOP BRINGING HIM UP.

CHRIST.

GameTime
12-17-2012, 02:58 PM
it was about honoring the child not about performance....
grow up...

Toadofsteel
12-17-2012, 03:05 PM
dude I stopped talking about it...

TheEnigma
12-17-2012, 03:08 PM
Anyway...

I don't agree with this thread after a humiliating season loss like this. This roster has too much talent on offense to not score a single point against a suspect Atlanta team. Maybe if we just lost the Super Bowl at the last second, you would have a case for spoiled overreaction but we're talking about one of the best offensive lineups in Giants history. We expect better out of Eli, KG, and the rest of the guys. It's not like we have Ryan Lindley out there playing QB or using 5 Derek Hagans at WR. When a team has good talent on the roster like we have, expectations are high and rightfully so.

Rudyy
12-17-2012, 03:10 PM
Anyway...I don't agree with this thread after a humiliating season loss like this. This roster has too much talent on offense to not score a single point against a suspect Atlanta team. Maybe if we just lost the Super Bowl at the last second, you would have a case for spoiled overreaction but we're talking about one of the best offensive lineups in Giants history. We expect better out of Eli, KG, and the rest of the guys. It's not like we have Ryan Lindley out there playing QB or using 5 Derek Hagans at WR. When a team has good talent on the roster like we have, expectations are high and rightfully so.Agreed

RoanokeFan
12-17-2012, 03:13 PM
Anyway...

I don't agree with this thread after a humiliating season loss like this. This roster has too much talent on offense to not score a single point against a suspect Atlanta team. Maybe if we just lost the Super Bowl at the last second, you would have a case for spoiled overreaction but we're talking about one of the best offensive lineups in Giants history. We expect better out of Eli, KG, and the rest of the guys. It's not like we have Ryan Lindley out there playing QB or using 5 Derek Hagans at WR. When a team has good talent on the roster like we have, expectations are high and rightfully so.

You know, I've been saying we "have the talent" but I'm starting to wonder if that's really the case. We have players who had talent, but where has it gone, in some cases??

JMGGIANTS
12-17-2012, 03:13 PM
God forbid the new breed of Giant fans expect the team to be prepared to play. Yesterday was another example of the growing list of NO SHOW games in the past 2-3 years. To me it is unacceptable that we knew the games was lost by the 2nd quarter.

TheEnigma
12-17-2012, 03:24 PM
You know, I've been saying we "have the talent" but I'm starting to wonder if that's really the case. We have players who had talent, but where has it gone, in some cases??

Well Cruz hit 1500 yards last year and has already hit the 1k mark again. Nicks had the 2nd best playoff series of all time behind none other than Larry Fitzgerald (future HoFer) himself. JPP had 16.5 sacks last year and I think the biggest reason for his downfall is the slump of Tuck and Osi not giving him help. Prince has quietly played like a top 10 corner. Don't forget about Chase and Stevie Brown being nice surprises as well. Wilson obviously has potential to be something special but he needs to be a world class pass protector first...

I just find it too much of a coincidence that our offense suddenly looks worse than the Arizona Cardinals when we face Asante Samuel once again. I don't recall the Falcons defense sitting on our routes and knowing when to make a play on the ball with the frequency they did yesterday. You combine our outdated offensive scheme with a lack of quality leadership on this team and it makes sense why this happens.

You have Tuck and Osi not caring, no offensive leader to ignite a spark, and since we rarely make adjustments, they must think "what is the point?"

Rudyy
12-17-2012, 03:33 PM
You know, I've been saying we "have the talent" but I'm starting to wonder if that's really the case. We have players who had talent, but where has it gone, in some cases??Well their talent just didnt disappear lol, they still have it, just havent shown it consistently.

GeoGoGo
12-17-2012, 03:45 PM

So they won it all last year, that's good enough for you? That is one hell of a slacker attidute, pal. LAME!!!

Kez Simpson
12-17-2012, 03:46 PM
Well their talent just didnt disappear lol, they still have it, just havent shown it consistently.

If it can't be displayed on a consistent basis, then it is same as not having it IMO.

Now, I have to agree with the OP about knee-jerk reactions, but I'm done addressing it because people will continue to do it. I wasn't happy with the peformance yesterday, but that kind of thing happens in professional sports. This Giants team is not bad, they are just not consistent in their week to week play. However, this is far better than the Dave Brown , Danny Kanell, Kent Grahamn era. I think most fans didn't experience that mess, and are indeed spoiled. Back then the only team we owned were the Eagles and Cardinals. People here calling Cruz alligator arms don't remember when Chris Calloway was our number one reciever.

Rudyy
12-17-2012, 03:49 PM
If it can't be displayed on a consistent basis, then it is same as not having it IMO.Now, I have to agree with the OP about knee-jerk reactions, but I'm done addressing it because people will continue to do it. I wasn't happy with the peformance yesterday, but that kind of thing happens in professional sports. This Giants team is not bad, they are just not consistent in their week to week play. However, this is far better than the Dave Brown , Danny Kanell, Kent Grahamn era. I think most fans didn't experience that mess, and are indeed spoiled. Back then the only team we owned were the Eagles and Cardinals. People here calling Cruz alligator arms don't remember when Chris Calloway was our number one reciever.Consistency and not having talent are two different things. You're basically saying because we cannot perform well consistently, we are not talented.

giantsforce
12-17-2012, 03:50 PM
The new breed of giants fans are spoiled. I feel like these types take winning championships for granted and act like Lombardi trophies grow on trees. People are tripping for one year of poor play? Try waiting 17 years for another title. I was here for the 21-0 shut out in t playoffs against the 85 bears. I was there for the flipper Anderson walk off td. I was there for the Vikings recovering two onside kicks back to back as we blew a playoff game. I was there for the snowball game with ray handley as the head coach. I was there when we blew that big lead against the 49ers in that wildcard game. I was also there for the 44-3 beatdown that we took in the divisional round of the playoffs against San Francisco in the 1993 playoffs. The point is that teams go through hard times and we will again suck and be cellar dwellers one day. Probably as soon as next year. Anyways, appreciate being even close to contending every year because this **** wont last forever. IMO, the new breed of fans haven't really experienced real turmoil yet and I actually question if they will be around once things go really south.Well, I have been called many names but spoiled? Forgive me if I do not accept mediocrity as a standard for my team. I had enough of that during the Ray Perkins era, the Ray Handley era, the Dan Reeves, era, the Fassel era and the Coughlin era. I guess Bill Parcells spoiled us because he always fielded a team that never quit, win or lose. We had our butts handed by the Bears in a playoff field, but it was not because of lack of effort against one of the greatest teams that won the SB that year. Is it too much to ask from the coaching staff and the players to put forward their best effort? Why is it under this coaching staff too many times the 2nd half collapse is a given? So before you shoot your mouth off let us know what your standards are first. This team is anything but a contender.

AllHailEli
12-17-2012, 03:50 PM

You don't win a Super Bowl without talent. The team is not much different from the one who just won it all on February...except some players are hurt but which team does not have injuries? Obviously, a lot of teams have been gunning for us and circled their schedules against us and that includes the Falcons. There are games when they're way more motivated than us including yesterday's game. I guess the fact that they did not disrespect us from our success in the postseason did not help us out. We showed up more against the niners and the packers because they talked way too much trash and would not give us credit.

NYGabriel
12-17-2012, 03:59 PM
I agree OP. It's not as if we're Jaguars or Raiders fans.

Toadofsteel
12-17-2012, 04:04 PM
If it can't be displayed on a consistent basis, then it is same as not having it IMO.

Now, I have to agree with the OP about knee-jerk reactions, but I'm done addressing it because people will continue to do it. I wasn't happy with the peformance yesterday, but that kind of thing happens in professional sports. This Giants team is not bad, they are just not consistent in their week to week play. However, this is far better than the Dave Brown , Danny Kanell, Kent Grahamn era. I think most fans didn't experience that mess, and are indeed spoiled. Back then the only team we owned were the Eagles and Cardinals. People here calling Cruz alligator arms don't remember when Chris Calloway was our number one reciever.

I lived through those eras. Hell, I grew up on them. I had to watch as Aikman and Emmitt took the Lombardi repeatedly (to the point that I openly rooted for the 49ers in 1995, the kid-sized SF hat is somewhere buried in my attic), and I look at how they haven't been able to win one since they left. That's our forseeable future. The Romo-era cowboys are the post-Eli Giants. So seeing Eli play like absolute crap bothers me, because I KNOW he's way better than that.

RoanokeFan
12-17-2012, 04:08 PM
Well their talent just didnt disappear lol, they still have it, just havent shown it consistently.

Well, if you don't display it isn't that not having it?

RoanokeFan
12-17-2012, 04:12 PM
You don't win a Super Bowl without talent. The team is not much different from the one who just won it all on February...except some players are hurt but which team does not have injuries? Obviously, a lot of teams have been gunning for us and circled their schedules against us and that includes the Falcons. There are games when they're way more motivated than us including yesterday's game. I guess the fact that they did not disrespect us from our success in the postseason did not help us out. We showed up more against the niners and the packers because they talked way too much trash and would not give us credit.

We can't keep looking back at the Super Bowl win(s) and say we're the same. We aren't playing the same, at least right now. If we win two games, we get into the playoffs. That starts a whole new season. But several key players aren't playing like they did. Maybe it's just age catching up. I don't have the answer but I will root for this team until I die and that includes when they suck.

Toadofsteel
12-17-2012, 04:15 PM
We can't keep looking back at the Super Bowl win(s) and say we're the same. We aren't playing the same, at least right now. If we win two games, we get into the playoffs. That starts a whole new season. But several key players aren't playing like they did. Maybe it's just age catching up. I don't have the answer but I will root for this team until I die and that includes when they suck.

This is something I don't get. People think that just because I want Killdrive gone, that I'm some bandwagon jumper. I rooted for this team while at the same time wishing Kent Graham would go away forever.

Rudyy
12-17-2012, 04:16 PM
Well, if you don't display it isn't that not having it?Not at all..that just means you're inconsistent. You cant be talented one week and untalented the next.

sharick88
12-17-2012, 04:25 PM
Well, I have been called many names but spoiled? Forgive me if I do not accept mediocrity as a standard for my team. I had enough of that during the Ray Perkins era, the Ray Handley era, the Dan Reeves, era, the Fassel era and the Coughlin era. I guess Bill Parcells spoiled us because he always fielded a team that never quit, win or lose. We had our butts handed by the Bears in a playoff field, but it was not because of lack of effort against one of the greatest teams that won the SB that year. Is it too much to ask from the coaching staff and the players to put forward their best effort? Why is it under this coaching staff too many times the 2nd half collapse is a given? So before you shoot your mouth off let us know what your standards are first. This team is anything but a contender.

Contending to me means being relevant and having a shot at making the playoffs. We have done that year in and out for the last 7 years. Like someone said earlier, plenty of teams would love to have our problems. We've been 8-8 or better ever since, have 2 titles in 5 years, and have been in the playoff picture every year. Who in their rightful mind would not be satisfied with that kind of success? I appreciate our circumstances a lot. I am good to go. It could be way worse. Need proof? Look at the Raiders, Browns, and Bills. Anyways, I didn't shoot my mouth, I started typing on my keyboard. Don't get it twisted.

AllHailEli
12-17-2012, 04:26 PM

Hmm, we are better than last season record-wise. We were 7-7 the same time last year. We also beat better teams we could not beat last season including the niners, packers and saints. And we did not go 0-2 against the Redskins. We have the toughest schedule, and I know for sure we are way better than our record. We should have won against the eagles and the redskins. If the Jets can keep their playoffs alive, there's no way you can tell me the Giants don't deserve to be in the mix. We just have not solved how to be consistent and avoid letdown games. It happens though, it will not dictate how they will do in the playoffs, but we need to get there.

RoanokeFan
12-17-2012, 04:29 PM
Hmm, we are better than last season record-wise. We were 7-7 the same time last year. We also beat better teams we could not beat last season including the niners, packers and saints. And we did not go 0-2 against the Redskins. We have the toughest schedule, and I know for sure we are way better than our record. We should have won against the eagles and the redskins. If the Jets can keep their playoffs alive, there's no way you can tell me the Giants don't deserve to be in the mix. We just have not solved how to be consistent and avoid letdown games. It happens though, it will not dictate how they will do in the playoffs, but we need to get there.

This is all that matters in the end.

RoanokeFan
12-17-2012, 04:36 PM
This is something I don't get. People think that just because I want Killdrive gone, that I'm some bandwagon jumper. I rooted for this team while at the same time wishing Kent Graham would go away forever.

I'm not really sure what a "bandwagon fan" is HERE. If you weren't a fan you wouldn't be here. The whole "you aren't a fan" is just an emotional sentiment. This is a place designed for discourse and yet we see so many take offense when their opinion isn't supported by the masses.

I want us to make the playoffs. If we do that, I consider this season to be a success. No one has to agree with that.

Toadofsteel
12-17-2012, 04:40 PM
I'm not really sure what a "bandwagon fan" is HERE. If you weren't a fan you wouldn't be here. The whole "you aren't a fan" is just an emotional sentiment. This is a place designed for discourse and yet we see so many take offense when their opinion isn't supported by the masses.

I want us to make the playoffs. If we do that, I consider this season to be a success. No one has to agree with that.

Fair enough. That's a good enough goal at this point for me. I still think Eli is way better than he's been playing lately though, and so underperforming is what is making me angry more than anything else. I'm not like some other posters here that think Eli is mediocre at best. I've seen what he can do, he has the capacity...

RoanokeFan
12-17-2012, 04:55 PM
Fair enough. That's a good enough goal at this point for me. I still think Eli is way better than he's been playing lately though, and so underperforming is what is making me angry more than anything else. I'm not like some other posters here that think Eli is mediocre at best. I've seen what he can do, he has the capacity...

And I agree which is why it's mystifying to me when Eli has those horrible plays/games.

giantsforce
12-17-2012, 05:02 PM
You know, I've been saying we "have the talent" but I'm starting to wonder if that's really the case. We have players who had talent, but where has it gone, in some cases??Yes the talent is not what it used to be. Tuck, Osi, Webster are past their prime. LB's, we never had any fast ones since the Parcells era. KP, Nicks, Prince, Bradshaw are hurt. It is time for management to address these needs. But again, it is up to coaching staff to know what they have and to field the BPA at the time and not cling on to outdated notions that veterans **** doesn't stink.

Moke
12-17-2012, 05:04 PM
How do Tuck, Osi, and Wesbter not have any talent?

It's heart they are lacking, not talent.

Daytona Giant
12-17-2012, 05:06 PM
I have been a Gianr fan since 1956 and have seen many many lean years but had no place to vent.The game yesterday sickned me I had a coach a long time ago he could tolerate mistakes of the Mind but not of the Heart this team yesterday showed no heart not just lack of talent.

bearbryant
12-17-2012, 05:08 PM
I think that using a word like "spoiled" to describe a football fan is pretty funny.LOL. UGHHHHH. Anywhoooo. The level of expectations for this football team because of our 2 Super Bowl victories has probably risen to an unrealistic but understandable place. Also, Pro Football is a team sport not an individual sport... many more moving parts and pieces to it unlike a sport like boxing or tennis. This makes it much easier for breakdowns in execution to happen. Parity being what it is in the league also adds to the game you watch on Sunday. Although, I always felt the Giants would win even with Dave Brown, Charlie Connoly or YA Title at the helm, it always " feels" lousy when they lose. Maybe I am spoiled, but boy oh boy those 2 SB wins did feel great! Go Giants!

JMGGIANTS
12-17-2012, 05:11 PM
I have been a Gianr fan since 1956 and have seen many many lean years but had no place to vent.The game yesterday sickned me I had a coach a long time ago he could tolerate mistakes of the Mind but not of the Heart this team yesterday showed no heart not just lack of talent.
Yes you are correct, no heart at all. I can accept a hard fought loss but not a no fight loss like yesterday.

RoanokeFan
12-17-2012, 05:13 PM
Not at all..that just means you're inconsistent. You cant be talented one week and untalented the next.

Stop picking on me for being old, I am not inconsistent, I go to the bathroom like everyone else, this year anyway...:o

giantsforce
12-17-2012, 05:14 PM
Contending to me means being relevant and having a shot at making the playoffs. We have done that year in and out for the last 7 years. Like someone said earlier, plenty of teams would love to have our problems. We've been 8-8 or better ever since, have 2 titles in 5 years, and have been in the playoff picture every year. Who in their rightful mind would not be satisfied with that kind of success? I appreciate our circumstances a lot. I am good to go. It could be way worse. Need proof? Look at the Raiders, Browns, and Bills. Anyways, I didn't shoot my mouth, I started typing on my keyboard. Don't get it twisted.If that's how you define contending then that's fine with me. However to me a contending means not having a shot at the playoffs but getting deep in to the playoffs. A contender does not go from having a 2 game lead in the division to not making the playoff. My personal opinion is if they continue to play like that, we will not even sniff the playoffs. But what bothers me is that we should have wrapped up the division a few weeks back but we did not do it.

Rudyy
12-17-2012, 05:17 PM
Stop picking on me for being old, I am not inconsistent, I go to the bathroom like everyone else, this year anyway...:oI'm scared

45Jones
Well, full disclosure, I did my share of pissing and moaning and shoveling dirt on the team yesterday.

Today I am still a fan, spoiled fan, who realizes the only negative of winning Super Bowls is the pain of the inevitable crash back to earth.

My era started in 69 and it was 13 years before I saw a stinkin' playoff game, 17 to get the first trophy. So try waiting until 2025 to see your next playoff game --then get pissy and shed tears for yourself.

I skimmed some of the resposnses and saw many, many spoiled fans prove that they were, well, spoiled. This darn team is so schizo I don't know what 2 expect from the next 2 weeks. Either we'll have a playoff game to watch, or start talkin' draft and wait for camp to open and we do it all again...

giantsforce
Stop picking on me for being old, I am not inconsistent, I go to the bathroom like everyone else, this year anyway...:oWell, going to bathroom and taking care of business are two different things! The Giants it seems they go to the bathroom but they cannot take care the business since they act that they are too constipated to finish the job.

Dorothy
12-17-2012, 05:31 PM

Been a fan for over 50 years. We waited for over 25 years a championship. Did not waver one bit even though I moved from NJ to Ma 40 years age. Once a Giants fan always a Giants fan. Through thick and thin.

Kez Simpson
12-17-2012, 05:53 PM
Consistency and not having talent are two different things. You're basically saying because we cannot perform well consistently, we are not talented.

I'm well aware of the difference between the two, and do not need a lesson or clarification.

I'm not basically saying, I am matter-of-factually saying, because we lack consistency, it is the same as not having talent.That is the premise. I believe these two go hand and hand. How can you display this "talent" if not on a consistent basis? That is my argument, and my opinion. Maybe this team isn't as talented as we think it is, or perhaps not as talented as last year's team in many aspects of the game.

giantyankee1976
12-17-2012, 06:07 PM
Superbowls inevitably bring about a lot of bandwagon jumpers, and bandwagon jumpers have no idea how to handle losses, which is what makes them bandwagon jumpers. They change teams as often as women buy shoes.

Happens in all sports every single year. Lose, and they're gone. They aren't real fans, so they dont care.

good post

Breezely
12-17-2012, 06:18 PM
We are spoiled. We're all going to die this Friday. OH NO!

LMAO!!!!!!! but any ways. . . .I might have to agree with the OP. After a loss, I tend to stay away for a while, to avoid all the fire Coughlin, trade ELI, get rid of Gilbride talk.

sharick88
12-18-2012, 01:01 PM
LMAO!!!!!!! but any ways. . . .I might have to agree with the OP. After a loss, I tend to stay away for a while, to avoid all the fire Coughlin, trade ELI, get rid of Gilbride talk.

I rarely post during games because of the bipolar nature of these forums