PDA

View Full Version : The problem with JPP

Blueordead
12-17-2012, 01:28 PM
Is that he's being double or tripled teamed and he hasn't learned to adjust his game. He has to do what Julius Peppers did when teams figure you out you expand your techniques and figure out new ways to improve on your talents. D line needs to be rebuilt and lastly Reese hasn't done a good job on LB we need good Linebackers.

sharick88
12-17-2012, 01:35 PM
He's also banged up too. I happen to give him the benefit of the doubt because of what you just mentioned and the fact that he's hurt. #91 and #72 are the ones not earning their money

ukgiantstyke
12-17-2012, 01:58 PM
Disagree, JPP is doing exactly what he is supposed to be doing, attracting the attention of the defense, So, if he is getting triple-teamed, that would mean that it frees up our other 3 'elite' Lineman to go one on one and create havoc with their OL, unfortunately teams realise they can stifle JPP AND handle the other three without compromising their play calling, I am sick of seeing OL effortlessly keeping our DL in check.
JPP should be getting in the other 3's faces, why are they not getting the job done when such effort is spent on keeping him in check....

PennState1
12-17-2012, 01:59 PM
Also, he is feeding off of Tucks depression. Negativity breeds negativity.

primetime
12-17-2012, 02:04 PM
JPP is learning how it is to be an opponents main priority. Chip blocks, double teams, sliding the line to his side. Remember folks he's playing mostly on ability, he's still young to the game of football.

Hassett00
12-17-2012, 02:05 PM
No matter how talented you are, when you don't have your teammates performing next to you, you will have a tough time. JPP has been good this year. His sacks are way down this year but he's still making plays. Batted balls. Tackles for loss. Usually takes the attention of two player.

The PROBLE that I have is with Osi and Tuck. Injuries are not, they aren't getting nowhere near the pressure that is expected of them

Osi is a one trick guy with the occasionaly swiflemove. Osi just tries to jump the snap and rushes outside going the long way. The QB only has to step up. If we were getting constant pressure up the middle then it would be harder for a QB to step up but we aren't and QBs as of late are getting too much time in the pocket. We need to address this in the upcoming draft. There are quite a few that look NFL material. Maybe with injuries we haven't been able to make use of our rotation system and maybe guys are being gassed. But it's not the DL thats the only problem. Injuries to our secondary make it far easier for QBs to quick pass which renders our pass rush useless regardless how well they do.

Cloud57
12-17-2012, 02:08 PM
I'm not worried about JPP, this secondary and offense is abysmal

myles2424
12-17-2012, 02:43 PM
I'm not worried about JPP, this secondary and offense is abysmal
You better worry, what secondary can cover all day long with zero pass rush??

Toadofsteel
12-17-2012, 02:46 PM
No matter how talented you are, when you don't have your teammates performing next to you, you will have a tough time. JPP has been good this year. His sacks are way down this year but he's still making plays. Batted balls. Tackles for loss. Usually takes the attention of two player.

The PROBLE that I have is with Osi and Tuck. Injuries are not, they aren't getting nowhere near the pressure that is expected of them

This. LT wouldn't be a legend if Burt, Marshall, or Banks played with the intensity of 2012 Tuck...Still good, but no legend. Teams would just triple him all day too...

giantsfan420
12-17-2012, 02:47 PM

Osi is a one trick guy with the occasionaly swiflemove. Osi just tries to jump the snap and rushes outside going the long way. The QB only has to step up. If we were getting constant pressure up the middle then it would be harder for a QB to step up but we aren't and QBs as of late are getting too much time in the pocket. We need to address this in the upcoming draft. There are quite a few that look NFL material. Maybe with injuries we haven't been able to make use of our rotation system and maybe guys are being gassed. But it's not the DL thats the only problem. Injuries to our secondary make it far easier for QBs to quick pass which renders our pass rush useless regardless how well they do.good post

Buddy333
12-17-2012, 02:49 PM
He is not doubled very play. He isn't winning the one on one match ups either.

nycisgreat
12-17-2012, 02:50 PM
Is that he's being double or tripled teamed and he hasn't learned to adjust his game. He has to do what Julius Peppers did when teams figure you out you expand your techniques and figure out new ways to improve on your talents. D line needs to be rebuilt and lastly Reese hasn't done a good job on LB we need good Linebackers.

I don't think our LBs are the problem. The Dline and our CBs haven't played well the entire season. CW is done. I am sure he will not be back next season. I do agree JPP is getting tripled. It's easy to take him out of a game when you know guys like tuck, bernard, canty and osi aren't showing up at all. I am curious to see what we do against Ray Rice.

crooza172
12-17-2012, 02:54 PM
I don't think our LBs are the problem. The Dline and our CBs haven't played well the entire season. CW is done. I am sure he will not be back next season. I do agree JPP is getting tripled. It's easy to take him out of a game when you know guys like tuck, bernard, canty and osi aren't showing up at all. I am curious to see what we do against Ray Rice.

LOL, let me get this one guys....what we will do with Ray Rice....

1. Not tackle on first, second, third, or fourth contact
2. Probably get burned as we are playing the pass
3. Run over
4. Let him have a career day because we couldn't rush a black friday sale.

Toadofsteel
12-17-2012, 02:56 PM
Thank god the guy I traded Rice to got eliminated this week in playoffs, because he would have most likely won the championship on Rice alone...

gmenfan0488
12-17-2012, 04:11 PM
Yeah, Rice runs for at least 130 yards and a touchdown or two while Osi and Tuck look confused.

GMENAGAIN
12-17-2012, 04:19 PM
Boo hoo. Strahan got double-teamed his whole career. If double-teaming can shut JPP down then he isn't as good as we all thought he was.

JMGGIANTS
12-17-2012, 04:25 PM
So if doubling-tripling is the issue with JPP's average play then they need to move him around on the line so he isn't always in the same spot on line.

moosedrool
12-17-2012, 04:28 PM
JPP got double teamed last year and was still a beast. He is not the same player, most likely due to his back injury.

burier
12-17-2012, 04:48 PM
if it makes you guys feel any better. Falcons fans sounded just like you guys before the game sunday.

RoanokeFan
12-17-2012, 05:39 PM

The real problem is not JPP it's not having a book end on the other side of the line.