PDA

View Full Version : ROMO quote

ibbill
12-17-2012, 01:36 PM
Romo on the radio

I have never been around a team that is this together and confident ever.

ProfessorCrue
12-17-2012, 02:32 PM
so whats you're point?

Romo has been playing some damn good football lately. i am finally seeing some confidence and fight within the team so nothing wrong with him saying that.....if he even said that. can't tell if you're fishing here or not lol..

Moke
12-17-2012, 02:34 PM
so whats you're point?

Romo has been playing some damn good football lately. i am finally seeing some confidence and fight within the team so nothing wrong with him saying that.....if he even said that. can't tell if you're fishing here or not lol..

He didn't have any point. He was claiming what Romo said. Shake my head dude. Do you really come on the Giants board and get on the defensive so quickly?

Any who, I'm jealous.

ProfessorCrue
12-17-2012, 02:51 PM
He didn't have any point. He was claiming what Romo said. Shake my head dude. Do you really come on the Giants board and get on the defensive so quickly?

Any who, I'm jealous.

i wouldnt call it "defensive". about 99 percent of the time a giants fan starts a thread with "romo" in it, its usually negative. i am trying to figure out if it was or not

Moke
12-17-2012, 02:52 PM
i wouldnt call it "defensive". about 99 percent of the time a giants fan starts a thread with "romo" in it, its usually negative. i am trying to figure out if it was or not

Then ignore them?

It's a giants forum, what the heck did you expect? Coddling Romo?

Rusty192
12-17-2012, 02:59 PM
Romo on the radio

"I have never been around a team that is this together and confident ever."Im sure Romo means well.

And they might have a nice little run, but unfortunately he'll just screw it up again in crunch time when it matters.

I'll believe the Cowboys are chokers until proven otherwise.

ibbill
12-17-2012, 03:06 PM

Any who, I'm jealous.

Thanks.

GMENAGAIN
12-17-2012, 03:06 PM
Im sure Romo means well.

And they might have a nice little run, but unfortunately he'll just screw it up again in crunch time when it matters.

All 3 teams in our division needed to win yesterday. The Redskins won with their rookie backup QB. Dallas pulled out a nice win over the Steelers. We **** the bed.

Don't think that we are in a position to throw stones . . . .

ProfessorCrue
12-17-2012, 03:14 PM
Then ignore them?

this is a smack talk section right? so dont worry about it then if i sound like i am getting "defensive" when a Romo thread is started by a giants fan. seems to me you the one getting defensive now lol.

i dont see anyone coddling lil eli lately in here. i wonder why lol

ProfessorCrue
12-17-2012, 03:15 PM
Im sure Romo means well.

lol, its been crunch time for a few weeks now for Dallas pretty much. seems to me Romo is doing quiet well at "crunch time".

Moke
12-17-2012, 03:18 PM
this is a smack talk section right? so dont worry about it then if i sound like i am getting "defensive" when a Romo thread is started by a giants fan. seems to me you the one getting defensive now lol.

i dont see anyone coddling lil eli lately in here. i wonder why lol

Just stop assuming dude. I find it hilarious that you come here and you receive his intent in a complete different manner.

ProfessorCrue
12-17-2012, 03:23 PM
Just stop assuming dude. I find it hilarious that you come here and you receive his intent in a complete different manner.

lol, uh....ok

miked1958
12-17-2012, 03:24 PM
lol, its been crunch time for a few weeks now for Dallas pretty much. seems to me Romo is doing quiet well at "crunch time".Yes he has. But he is talking about finishing and that means beating NO next week and the Skins the following week to take the NFCE Crown and then actually win some games in the playoffs for a change

miked1958
12-17-2012, 03:25 PM
And as bad as the giants looked in week 15. I wouldnt count them out yet. They have a knack for losing in week 15 then running off 6 wins in a row

ProfessorCrue
12-17-2012, 03:29 PM
Yes he has. But he is talking about finishing and that means beating NO next week and the Skins the following week to take the NFCE Crown and then actually win some games in the playoffs for a change

trust me, i dont sit here and think its going to be easy for them. i am just happy to see them actually fighting for wins. still wish they would get their first half problems resolved

Rusty192
12-17-2012, 04:11 PM
lol, its been crunch time for a few weeks now for Dallas pretty much. seems to me Romo is doing quiet well at "crunch time".Pfft, I mean real crunch time. Like playoff crunch time.

Rusty192
12-17-2012, 04:13 PM
All 3 teams in our division needed to win yesterday. The Redskins won with their rookie backup QB. Dallas pulled out a nice win over the Steelers. We **** the bed.

Don't think that we are in a position to throw stones . . . .not throwin' stones. But Romo still has to prove their "magic" is real, and show me till I believe it.

giantscolombia
12-17-2012, 05:00 PM
Then ignore them?

+1

giantscolombia
12-17-2012, 05:01 PM
trust me, i dont sit here and think its going to be easy for them. i am just happy to see them actually fighting for wins. still wish they would get their first half problems resolved

Unfortunately, come play-off time they will either choke or not make it.

historically speaking of course...

Ntegrase96
12-17-2012, 06:06 PM
Pfft, I mean real crunch time. Like playoff crunch time.

I sorta agree. We've seen the Cowboys succeed before to fall flat on their faces many times. The latest being in 2009 when the Vikings wiped the floor with us.

But the difference between that Cowboys team and this Cowboys team is how they're winning. The Cowboys aren't even close to being perfect, but they're fighting their butts off. This team should be losing for sure, but we're getting uncanny bounces that we haven't seen in a long time, plays made at the right times (Marcus Spears got a freaking sack yesterday!).

We've lost Lee. We've lost Carter. We've even lost their best back up for probably a few weeks with Ernie Sims going out early against the Steelers, and yet guys just seemingly keep stepping up to fill the void. This team is just playing with the heart we haven't seen from them in a long time.

It's like you put it in another post in this thread, although I'm fairly certain you didn't mean it in the same way... it's magic.

Do I think they'll go on and make a run? Not really. But I can't be mad about that. This team is ill equipped to win against tougher competitors. It's not impossible, but it's improbable for sure.

Rusty192
12-17-2012, 07:35 PM
I sorta agree. We've seen the Cowboys succeed before to fall flat on their faces many times. The latest being in 2009 when the Vikings wiped the floor with us.

But the difference between that Cowboys team and this Cowboys team is how they're winning. The Cowboys aren't even close to being perfect, but they're fighting their butts off. This team should be losing for sure, but we're getting uncanny bounces that we haven't seen in a long time, plays made at the right times (Marcus Spears got a freaking sack yesterday!).

We've lost Lee. We've lost Carter. We've even lost their best back up for probably a few weeks with Ernie Sims going out early against the Steelers, and yet guys just seemingly keep stepping up to fill the void. This team is just playing with the heart we haven't seen from them in a long time.

It's like you put it in another post in this thread, although I'm fairly certain you didn't mean it in the same way... it's magic.

Do I think they'll go on and make a run? Not really. But I can't be mad about that. This team is ill equipped to win against tougher competitors. It's not impossible, but it's improbable for sure.I guess we'll have to see then. They have a lot to prove to everybody after winning only one playoff game in 20 years.

Like I said: show me, Romo. And I'll believe it.

Ntegrase96
12-17-2012, 07:41 PM
I guess we'll have to see then. They have a lot to prove to everybody after winning only one playoff game in 20 years.

Like I said: show me, Romo. And I'll believe it.

15 years, but still horrible.

Yeah we'll have to see. I don't think it's Romo that needs to show anything. He is what he is, but he has been good enough in big games the last few years. It just doesn't seem that way since they haven't 'won it all'. The team hasn't been good enough, and I don't think they're good enough now all things considered. But I'm alright with that. As I said before the season, I think this team is about a year away (also hoping they have better luck with injuries next year).

ibbill
12-17-2012, 08:12 PM
15 years, but still horrible.

Yeah we'll have to see. I don't think it's Romo that needs to show anything. He is what he is, but he has been good enough in big games the last few years. It just doesn't seem that way since they haven't 'won it all'. The team hasn't been good enough, and I don't think they're good enough now all things considered. But I'm alright with that. As I said before the season, I think this team is about a year away (also hoping they have better luck with injuries next year).

Speaking as a Giant fan Dallas really seems to have it all falling in place right now. Never ever thought it was Romos fault. Like it or not the kid is good. Most elusive qb i have ever seen for a pocket passer. Dont get me wrong I hate the cowboys lol

Parademon
12-17-2012, 09:43 PM
Last yr, at this juncture, we were 7-7, written off for dead. Now at 8-6 with a share of 1st place, all I hear is how great Dallas & the Skins are. All I know is there's 2 games left & if we win them both we're in! NFCE champ or WC, don't matter, deep down, every NFC team is praying we don't make it! They know full well that regular season W-L records & seedings don't mean s&^* to the Giants! Once the playoffs start, everyone is 0-0!

miked1958
12-17-2012, 10:07 PM
Last yr, at this juncture, we were 7-7, written off for dead. Now at 8-6 with a share of 1st place, all I hear is how great Dallas & the Skins are. All I know is there's 2 games left & if we win them both we're in! NFCE champ or WC, don't matter, deep down, every NFC team is praying we don't make it! They know full well that regular season W-L records & seedings don't mean s&^* to the Giants! Once the playoffs start, everyone is 0-0! I agree with you.. If they can get up from that beating they took and bounce back and make another run it would be unreal

miked1958
12-17-2012, 10:08 PM
But on the Dallas subject. Very very impressive the way they are closing out and finishing games. Turning losses into wins. Those were games they would of lost last year and year before.

Parademon
12-17-2012, 10:30 PM
Can't argue with you on that. Though a small part of me is secretly hopeing for another Giants/Cowboys playoff game. Hopefully at Met life II!

JJC7301
12-29-2012, 12:39 AM
so whats you're point?

His best year, and his team's, was in '07 when we went in and embarrassed your # 1 seeded team in your own stadium. For a team that is playing with such confidence and has such a winning QB, you'd think that they'd have a playoff seed wrapped up.

'Boys fans are as bad as Jets fans -- please accomplish something before boasting. And at least the Jets went to 2 AFC championship games in a row in recent history.

ProfessorCrue
12-29-2012, 12:58 AM
His best year, and his team's, was in '07 when we went in and embarrassed your # 1 seeded team in your own stadium. For a team that is playing with such confidence and has such a winning QB, you'd think that they'd have a playoff seed wrapped up.

'Boys fans are as bad as Jets fans -- please accomplish something before boasting. And at least the Jets went to 2 AFC championship games in a row in recent history.

lol, well at least consistency will continue for the lil g's historically. they consistently fail to make the playoffs after winning a title. and sorry charlie you're wrong, this is Romo's best yr.

SweetZombieJesus
12-29-2012, 12:53 PM
lol, well at least consistency will continue for the lil g's historically. they consistently fail to make the playoffs after winning a title. and sorry charlie you're wrong, this is Romo's best yr.They were the #1 seed in 2008

ProfessorCrue
12-29-2012, 03:28 PM
They were the #1 seed in 2008

so?

Joe Morrison
12-29-2012, 03:35 PM
lol, its been crunch time for a few weeks now for Dallas pretty much. seems to me Romo is doing quiet well at "crunch time".
Romo has sucked Crue back in to the Dallas nightmare, at least the GMEN don't stay dormant forever, ups and downs like any other team but the ups have been to the mountain top, if Dallas beats the Skins tomorrow Crue can finally relax for 1 week anyway.

ProfessorCrue
12-29-2012, 09:35 PM
You said we never make it to the playoffs the year following a superbowl win...........

yeah, the truth hurts, doesn't it?

appodictic
12-29-2012, 09:46 PM
yeah, the truth hurts, doesn't it? Whatever its not as if the cowboys can make a serious run. I wont be any extra sad if dallas gets a wild card, its like we did not get it you did, congrats, congrats on having romo another year. He's like Sanchez not a winner but he limps along dragging everyone else down. Turning his fellow team mates into choke artists. We lost to the skins by three points right? I bet they absolutely maul the cowboys.

Sarcasman
12-29-2012, 10:04 PM
I think the Cowboys have a good shot tomorrow night. Let's not go putting the Skins into the SB, they're not very good. I understand they're light years better than they were but that doesn't make them real good yet.

There's a lotta miles between how much they sucked and title contenders. They're on the road but they've still got plenty of miles in front of them.

Die-Hard
12-29-2012, 10:58 PM

The percentage of teams who win the SB, and fail to make the playoffs the following year, is incredibly high. If you think the Giants are the first team to falter after a SB, you either dont pay attention, or you weren't alive the last time your team won a SB.

ProfessorCrue
12-29-2012, 11:10 PM
The percentage of teams who win the SB, and fail to make the playoffs the following year, is incredibly high. If you think the Giants are the first team to falter after a SB, you either dont pay attention, or you weren't alive the last time your team won a SB.

i never said the g's were the only ones to falter after winning the sb, did i? just said they were historically consistent in failing to do so the following yr. which is true

ShakeandBake
12-29-2012, 11:19 PM

We won in '07 and returned to the playoffs in '08, how many times does this need to be explained to you? Are you really this stupid?

ProfessorCrue
12-29-2012, 11:21 PM
We won in '07 and returned to the playoffs in '08, how many times does this need to be explained to you? Are you really this stupid?

lol, the colts won it in 07 you moron. obviously you dont know your own team. that sucks

ShakeandBake
12-29-2012, 11:27 PM
lol, the colts won it in 07 you moron. obviously you dont know your own team. that sucks

Semantics, 0'8 bowl/'07 season. What matters is that the Point is the same which is that after we won we returned to the playoffs the following year so there goes your argument. We all know who the true moron is here, now be gone you terrible excuse for a troll.

ProfessorCrue
12-29-2012, 11:32 PM
Semantics, 0'8 bowl/'07 season. What matters is that the Point is the same which is that after we won we returned to the playoffs the following year so there goes your argument. We all know who the true moron is here, now be gone you terrible excuse for a troll.

lol, nice try. but yall aint gonna make it again this yr.

ShakeandBake
12-29-2012, 11:36 PM
lol, nice try. but yall aint gonna make it again this yr.

Did I say that? You keep saying that we never make it to the playoffs after we win a superbowl, so are you going to admit that you are wrong as usual? I know I've said this before but I feel I need to reiterate that you really don't know what the hell you are talking about, and if you aren't trying to troll then I really feel bad for you.

Sarcasman
12-29-2012, 11:39 PM

"lol, the colts won it in 07 you moron. obviously you dont know your own team"

This is why no one with any sense talk to this imbecile, Shake. Yes, genius the '07 SB is played in Feb '08; the entire country refers to it as '07 because it was the SB of the '07 season.

ShakeandBake
12-29-2012, 11:47 PM
"lol, the colts won it in 07 you moron. obviously you dont know your own team"

This is why no one with any sense talk to this imbecile, Shake. Yes, genius the '07 SB is played in Feb '08; the entire country refers to it as '07 because it was the SB of the '07 season.

You're right, I just can't help but to point out how terrible of troll this guy is. Why he hasn't been banned yet(again) is beyond me, he derails more than enough threads on these boards.

appodictic
12-29-2012, 11:51 PM
Hey we could still make the playoffs? What does that mean? Then that means we accomplished something?

ProfessorCrue
12-30-2012, 12:39 AM
You're right, I just can't help but to point out how terrible of troll this guy is. Why he hasn't been banned yet(again) is beyond me, he derails more than enough threads on these boards.

your whining isnt gonna work lol

SweetZombieJesus
12-30-2012, 06:52 AM
Derp

They were the #1 seed in 2008

so?

they consistently fail to make the playoffs after winning a title.

aubreezy
12-30-2012, 07:08 AM
Cowboys fans never fail to entertain. Give 'em an inch and they'll take a mile. They've been talking about going to the Super Bowl ever since they beat us at the beginning of the year.

Die-Hard
12-30-2012, 10:00 AM
i never said the g's were the only ones to falter after winning the sb, did i? just said they were historically consistent in failing to do so the following yr. which is true

Uhh yeah, its true. So what? It has happened to damn near every team who won the SB the previous year. Consistently

Tell us something we dont know. And incidentally, Dallas is not in the playoffs as of right now, so it might be wise to wait before laughing at us. Nothing is decided yet.

ProfessorCrue
12-30-2012, 10:05 AM
Uhh yeah, its true. So what? It has happened to damn near every team who won the SB the previous year. Consistently

Tell us something we dont know. And incidentally, Dallas is not in the playoffs as of right now, so it might be wise to wait before laughing at us. Nothing is decided yet.

thats true. i am not sitting here and saying Dallas automatically are beating the skins tonight. hell, you people still might squeeze in ......but i gets a feeling that aint gonna happen

ShakeandBake
12-31-2012, 12:11 AM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT2HcedIZPcDO7196E9_1rmHsdB0jf0F c_RkvkmY7M-g6uLd08r5yJGkVkz

ibbill
12-31-2012, 12:46 AM
lol, well at least consistency will continue for the lil g's historically. they consistently fail to make the playoffs after winning a title. and sorry charlie you're wrong, this is Romo's best yr.

so much for his best year it has ended goodbye

giantsforce
12-31-2012, 01:22 AM
so much for his best year it has ended goodbyeIt also ended with 3 INT's! Well, I guess for romo that is a good year!

ProfessorCrue
12-31-2012, 02:31 AM
fn romo grr

EliDaMANning
12-31-2012, 10:05 AM
fn romo grrGoodbye, see you next year ring leader.

Joe Morrison
12-31-2012, 11:38 AM
fn romo grr
Sorry Crue, he did it again.