PDA

View Full Version : Tony Siragusa calls out Kevin Gilbridge on FOX

bigblue999
12-17-2012, 01:43 PM
Tony Siragusa, former nose tackle on the Ravens states something everyone in their mother has been saying about KILLDRIVE.

"If running the ball up the middle isn't working, then you have to switch it up"

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out....KG will run the ball constantly down the middle of the defense over and over and over when clearly it isn't working. We lost the Redskins game because of stupid play calling.

Compare KG to some of the elite offensive coordinators/play callers and you can see just how big the chasm is. It is absolutely time for a new OC...this is getting ridiculous.

drewz
12-17-2012, 01:44 PM
Time for a new OC/DC

The Giants have WAY much too talent to be underachieving.. too damn much

RoanokeFan
12-17-2012, 01:45 PM
Time for a new OC/DC

The Giants have WAY much too talent to be underachieving.. too damn much

Maybe not.

Die-Hard
12-17-2012, 01:47 PM
I think the talent is there. It's just that some of it has gotten a little bit...old.

The OL and DL need major overhauls for that reason alone

gumby74
12-17-2012, 01:49 PM
I think the talent is there. It's just that some of it has gotten a little bit...old.

Agree.

KG has done some good things, but I think his tenure here should be over. We need a change of pace. Things have gotten stale. It's the very reason why Riley left the knicks while still having some success.

nycisgreat
12-17-2012, 01:49 PM

I agree. Both sides need to be looked at this off season. We are dead last in sacks, and our run blocking could be a whole lot better.

Moke
12-17-2012, 01:51 PM
Maybe not.

Your comments make me believe that you don't even watch football. The generalization man... maybe not? What does that even mean, MAYBE NOT?

We have talent. It's poor execution.....poor coaching. Tony is right, no matter how much we coddle these coaches, we need a little bit of change. Gilbride is an idiot sometimes and doesn't know how to adapt. This is pure Darwinism.

Rudyy
12-17-2012, 01:53 PM
Maybe not.We don't? Since when?

GameTime
12-17-2012, 01:54 PM
the coaches deserve just as much blame for the game as the players.
I dont hold KG any more accountable then I do the players. Same with TC and PF. They ****ed up as did 99% of the players....

sharick88
12-17-2012, 01:57 PM
I think it's a combination of both Eli Manning and Kevin Gilbride. Yes, Gilbride is calling the plays, but Eli is out there reading defenses and making adjustments to those play calls if need be. To me, they are both responsible.

Rudyy
12-17-2012, 01:57 PM
"We had good practices" tells me that execution is not the problem. The problem is the game plan.

GameTime
12-17-2012, 01:58 PM
I think it's a combination of both Eli Manning and Kevin Gilbride. Yes, Gilbride is calling the plays, but Eli is out there reading defenses and making adjustments to those play calls if need be. To me, they are both responsible.
in success and failure

Moke
12-17-2012, 01:58 PM

Do you really think Eli has been that much of a leader to go out there and say, "hey boss, I'm switching the play around". I bet Gilbride says to him, "you better do what I ****ing want"

ShakeandBake
12-17-2012, 01:59 PM

I agree, its hard to really tell who is at fault because of how much control Eli has over the offense. Also I don't read too much into what Siragusa says, this is the same guy who was praising Osi for getting a good jump on the ball, a comment he made after Osi was flagged for offsides.

Jtuck

Agree with this!

sharick88
in success and failure

Exactly. They both should be given their props when things go well and both should be held accountable when they go south like they did yesterday.

sharick88
12-17-2012, 02:00 PM
Do you really think Eli has been that much of a leader to go out there and say, "hey boss, I'm switching the play around". I bet Gilbride says to him, "you better do what I ****ing want"

If this is true, Eli doesn't have the stones that most around here thinks that he has.

Moke
12-17-2012, 02:00 PM
If this is true, Eli doesn't have the stones that most around here thinks that he has.

Maybe. I'd love to know. Wondering how he acts in the locker room.

nycisgreat
12-17-2012, 02:04 PM
Your comments make me believe that you don't even watch football. The generalization man... maybe not? What does that even mean, MAYBE NOT?

We have talent. It's poor execution.....poor coaching. Tony is right, no matter how much we coddle these coaches, we need a little bit of change. Gilbride is an idiot sometimes and doesn't know how to adapt. This is pure Darwinism.

+1

joemorrisforprez
12-17-2012, 02:04 PM
Tony Siragusa, former nose tackle on the Ravens states something everyone in their mother has been saying about KILLDRIVE.

"If running the ball up the middle isn't working, then you have to switch it up"

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out....KG will run the ball constantly down the middle of the defense over and over and over when clearly it isn't working. We lost the Redskins game because of stupid play calling.

Compare KG to some of the elite offensive coordinators/play callers and you can see just how big the chasm is. It is absolutely time for a new OC...this is getting ridiculous.

Goose is right.

Like Mike Tyson once said, "everyone has a plan until they are punched in the mouth".

Unfortunately, Gilbride's response was to pull has best avaiable RB in favor of running a draw play with a scrub.

A shutout wasn't surprising.

Cloud57
12-17-2012, 02:16 PM
I'm jealous of New England's OC

joemorrisforprez
12-17-2012, 02:19 PM

Me too.....watching the Patriots mix in the hurry up to trap the defense has me green with envy.

bigblue999
12-17-2012, 02:19 PM

YES! I agree, that is the standard for a OC....you can't teach an old dog new tricks...KG is out of touch with the new NFL, he's an old school guy living in the 80s....Really is quite ridiculous

YATittle1962
12-17-2012, 02:20 PM
"We had good practices" tells me that execution is not the problem. The problem is the game plan.

practices where no one is hitting each other and no one is trying to get to the QB

NFL practices have become a joke due to league guidelines ....it's all about the classroom

anyone outside of the coaching staff has no way of telling what the gameplan even was yesterday because before I could take 2 sips of my coffee they were down 17 - 0

at that point the gameplan has to start to be adjusted ....even when it never had a chance to be established

I saw no adjustments

I also saw none of the plays from the David Wilson package that were being run in previous weeks

where were the sweeps, the stretch plays, the pulling toss play .........they disappeared

maybe if they took advantage of the edge of the Falcons defense the play action could have been relevant

horrible coaching ....horrible execution

that being said .........Giants over the Ravens next week 35 - 21

Moke
12-17-2012, 02:20 PM
YES! I agree, that is the standard for a OC....you can't teach an old dog new tricks...KG is out of touch with the new NFL, he's an old school guy living in the 80s....Really is quite ridiculous

He runs a couple of trick plays every 3 years or so.

joemorrisforprez
12-17-2012, 02:21 PM

For me, it's mainly that things haven't changed. He's gotten so predictable it's sad.

Philly is 4-10.....and they beat the Giants. Heck, they own the Giants, mainly because of Killdrive's complete predictability.

When Eli is throwing darts and Nicks and Cruz are hauling in bombs, then Gilbride looks like a genius......but you can say that about any OC.....they all have deep routes in their gameplan.

DIPSET_ALL_DAY

AHAHHAH

Moke
practices where no one is hitting each other and no one is trying to get to the QB

NFL practices have become a joke due to league guidelines ....it's all about the classroom

anyone outside of the coaching staff has no way of telling what the gameplan even was yesterday because before I could take 2 sips of my coffee they were down 17 - 0

at that point the gameplan has to start to be adjusted ....even when it never had a chance to be established

I saw no adjustments

I also saw none of the plays from the David Wilson package that were being run in previous weeks

where were the sweeps, the stretch plays, the pulling toss play .........they disappeared

maybe if they took advantage of the edge of the Falcons defense the play action could have been relevant

Overly optimistic here, but I can see the Giants coming out with fire next weekend. We'll never know what we will get with this team, so I expect something that's probably conceived as impossible.

Rudyy
12-17-2012, 02:22 PM
practices where no one is hitting each other and no one is trying to get to the QB NFL practices have become a joke due to league guidelines ....it's all about the classroom anyone outside of the coaching staff has no way of telling what the gameplan even was yesterday because before I could take 2 sips of my coffee they were down 17 - 0at that point the gameplan has to start to be adjusted ....even when it never had a chance to be established I saw no adjustments I also saw none of the plays from the David Wilson package that were being run in previous weeks where were the sweeps, the stretch plays, the pulling toss play .........they disappeared maybe if they took advantage of the edge of the Falcons defense the play action could have been relevant horrible coaching ....horrible execution that being said .........Giants over the Ravens next week 35 - 21Good points. I think what happens is when our game plan folds, we fold. Adjusting is almost impossible or us. I have no idea why.

primetime
12-17-2012, 02:24 PM
Giants fans have been calling out Gilbride for years. Tony Siragusa is late to the party...

stormblue
12-17-2012, 02:25 PM

I saw no adjustments

absolutely what he said ^^

bearbryant
12-17-2012, 02:26 PM
Very true. In this "Most Complicated Offense", Eli has the final say about the play selection. So both of these momos swing for the play selection, unless we've been lied to about that! That aside, both these coordinators are not in stride with todays NFL. Just watch another game and you see plays, tendencies and schemes that you never see at a Giant game, unless its on the other side! Ever wonder why? Nothing changes if nothing changes. Along with personnel issues comes the lack of a coach to educate himself. Never see it here. Everything stays the same. Its good for while but it gets tired! Go Giants!

YATittle1962
12-17-2012, 02:27 PM
Good points. I think what happens is when our game plan folds, we fold. Adjusting is almost impossible or us. I have no idea why.

you absolutely nailed it bro

when the game plan goes as planned this team dominates

Packers game, 49ers game , and even somewhat the Saints game

but as soon as the opposition has an affective counter punch it's like they are either

A) too stubborn to adjust and believe sticking with the plan will prevail

or

B) just plain have no adjustment capability

I have seen some adjustments in the past so I really don't believe it is B

I believe Coughlin firmly believes in sticking to the plan ....which is a very old school Lombardi esque type of mind state

having a plan B should be this teams plan A

BuffyBlueII
12-17-2012, 02:29 PM
Our OC is abysmal detritus. He needs to go.

Rudyy
12-17-2012, 02:36 PM
you absolutely nailed it girlwhen the game plan goes as planned this team dominatesPackers game, 49ers game , and even somewhat the Saints gamebut as soon as the opposition has an affective counter punch it's like they are either A) too stubborn to adjust and believe sticking with the plan will prevail or B) just plain have no adjustment capability I have seen some adjustments in the past so I really don't believe it is BI believe Coughlin firmly believes in sticking to the plan ....which is a very old school Lombardi esque type of mind state having a plan B should be this teams plan A Yup. TC said during an interview "When I have a plan, I stick with it no matter what". This can be good or bad..most of the time it's been bad. I like our coaches, I think they are smart..UNTIL they have to switch up their game plan. I think Eli needs to speak out and say hey look, the plays you are telling me to run arent working anymore, let's try something else. I always see him and Gilbride looking at the playbook on the sidelines but I see the exact same plays!