PDA

View Full Version : Nicks/Cruz-6 catches, 55 yards

giantsfan420
12-17-2012, 12:45 PM
yes, thats correct. ur eyes didnt play tricks on u. thats the contribution nicks n cruz gave us... i know its so easy to blame the qb, but what can he do when the opposing defense knows the scheme/plays so well, that they're jumping almost every route.

yesterday was the worst gameplan/scheme I have ever seen. Dunno why, but I went thru our offense in that game 2x. I will never understand why we didnt run wilson to the bone. he was effective, and demoralzing atl right off the bat. abraham got shaken up trying to tackle him. he almost broke one on that 25 yd run.

and i am really worried bc teams understand our sight adjustment scheme. I saw Atl continuously bait Cruz and Nicks into thinking a certain route adjustment was open, our guy would make that sight adjustment, and really it was just their defense baiting the wr and eli. the 2nd int is an example of defenses understanding us way too well. Fokou shows one thing, the guy covering nicks shows another, and it was really just them setting up eli to think nicks on the in release would be there, only for Fokou to have dropped underneath Nicks. Defenses copycat others that work, and I just dont know how, the way we are currently consttuted, with KGs scheme and a lack of a ready, true threat 3rd wr, we are gonna get the O back on track. Man, maybe we shoulda thought about the MM situation, we all just glanced over what he meant to the offense....I mean no one was really all that upset he left, we all felt we could even do better...that hasnt played out just yet

gumby74
12-17-2012, 12:53 PM
i think it's safe to say that neither of them are worth a top dollar WR contract. Nicks is just too banged up and Cruz isn't physical enough.

quan the don
12-17-2012, 12:56 PM
Nicks would have a Long TD if Eli didn't overthrow him. I've seen that alot this year too Giants WR streaking and Eli under/over throwing it.

GMAN2K9
12-17-2012, 01:23 PM
Nicks would have a Long TD if Eli didn't overthrow him. I've seen that alot this year too Giants WR streaking and Eli under/over throwing it.yes

Even when Nicks is pushing it 100% this year, the injuries have cost him a step or two which I think is why the deep ball timing to him has been off

Cruz is playing a bit scared since the Pittsburgh game

nycsportzfan
12-17-2012, 01:24 PM
More on ELI.. He wasen/t accurate enough to make anyone a contributor yesterday.. Sure Hixon did all right, but i believe he even missed him open once or twice..

giantsfan420
12-17-2012, 01:34 PM
Nicks would have a Long TD if Eli didn't overthrow him. I've seen that alot this year too Giants WR streaking and Eli under/over throwing it.u see it that way, i see it if nicks was healthy or we had a healthy wr in, it woulda been easily completed. that pass missed by like 5 inches smh...games a game of inches

BJacobs aka The Problem
12-17-2012, 01:40 PM
One thing I don't understand is the fact that everyone and their mother could see their DB's playing 10 yards off the receiver watching the QB(especially A. Saumuels) and there was nothing done to take advantage of that. No screens, no short quick passes, no stop and goes, no hitch routes and absolutely nothing done to exploit the middle of the field.

giantsfan420
12-17-2012, 01:42 PM
One thing I don't understand is the fact that everyone and their mother could see their DB's playing 10 yards off the receiver watching the QB(especially A. Saumuels) and there was nothing done to take advantage of that. No screens, no short quick passes, no stop and goes, no hitch routes and absolutely nothing done to exploit the middle of the field.yup. offensive scheme needs some reworkng

joemorrisforprez
12-17-2012, 01:42 PM
yes, thats correct. ur eyes didnt play tricks on u. thats the contribution nicks n cruz gave us... i know its so easy to blame the qb, but what can he do when the opposing defense knows the scheme/plays so well, that they're jumping almost every route.

yesterday was the worst gameplan/scheme I have ever seen. Dunno why, but I went thru our offense in that game 2x. I will never understand why we didnt run wilson to the bone. he was effective, and demoralzing atl right off the bat. abraham got shaken up trying to tackle him. he almost broke one on that 25 yd run.

and i am really worried bc teams understand our sight adjustment scheme. I saw Atl continuously bait Cruz and Nicks into thinking a certain route adjustment was open, our guy would make that sight adjustment, and really it was just their defense baiting the wr and eli. the 2nd int is an example of defenses understanding us way too well. Fokou shows one thing, the guy covering nicks shows another, and it was really just them setting up eli to think nicks on the in release would be there, only for Fokou to have dropped underneath Nicks. Defenses copycat others that work, and I just dont know how, the way we are currently consttuted, with KGs scheme and a lack of a ready, true threat 3rd wr, we are gonna get the O back on track. Man, maybe we shoulda thought about the MM situation, we all just glanced over what he meant to the offense....I mean no one was really all that upset he left, we all felt we could even do better...that hasnt played out just yet

Shorter routes would have helped.

Lumpkin is like a Jim Brown who can block.

Moke
12-17-2012, 01:45 PM
Lumpkin had a nice physique for blocking, I agree.

stormblue
12-17-2012, 01:55 PM

all good points except for one question....
what has Hixon done so wrong that makes people keep saying we don't have a viable 3rd receiver.
his YPC and receiving ratio % is better than Nicks or Cruz.
the problem is we don't use him enough.
he's taller than Cruz and faster than Nicks.......and he can actually catch that end-zone fade.
the problem is Eli is always forcing it to Nicks and Cruz.

giantsfan420
12-17-2012, 02:13 PM
all good points except for one question....
what has Hixon done so wrong that makes people keep saying we don't have a viable 3rd receiver.
his YPC and receiving ratio % is better than Nicks or Cruz.
the problem is we don't use him enough.
he's taller than Cruz and faster than Nicks.......and he can actually catch that end-zone fade.
the problem is Eli is always forcing it to Nicks and Cruz.i think hixon has done well dont get me wrong. its just, even if MM didnt have a catch, he still absolutely had to be accounted for snap after snap bc he was so dangerous to defenses with the big play quick strike TD. Hixon could have ended up having a better statistical year than MM ever had, and the offense still wouldnt be as effective as it was with MM. He just threatens defenses and hje did so in a way that created spacing. with hixon, it just seems like defenses arent respecting us in near the same way, and when they do present the opportunity and say "well we'll make hixon beat us", he isnt. dnt get me wrong,hes made some remarkable catches/plays...he just doesnt have that tangible quality that defenses have to account for in how they defend us...

teams are crowding the LOS and sitting on the underneath stuff. With MM, if u did that, u were giving up a TD every time...maybe KG needs to retweak how hixon is used in concert to nicks/cruz but it just isnt working the same. and u r right part of it may be on eli, i just have seen enough from him to believe that isnt the case at the moment