Harooni
12-17-2012, 03:21 PM
Eli Realist

or

Eli Elitist

ny06
12-17-2012, 03:23 PM
It's a mixture of both on these boards.
But I also get the feeling some of Eli's toughest critics say to themelves "see I told you he's not that good"

Harooni
12-17-2012, 03:23 PM
You must be really bored! im trying to figure out the percentage on the board

Buddy333
12-17-2012, 03:25 PM
He is a very good QB but has been in a slump. He can bounce back. When? Hopefully soon.

giantsfan420
12-17-2012, 03:26 PM
see, this is why u get all the opposite end of the spectrum "eli is elite, look how stupid harooni is" when eli has a great game or we go onto win the sb...im thinking of putting 1000 down the giants win the sb. this is eerily like last season with people questioning not only eli, but supporters of eli lmao...in my world, im the eli realist and ur the eli elitist"

krankeybluechick
12-17-2012, 03:28 PM
You must be really bored! Some think he is good others think he is elite. He is our 2 time MVP Super Bowl Quaterback. You and others may not agree with me and to tell you the truth I could give a sh*t! He is Elite to me and that's all that matters. I'm sure he could care less what we think of him anyway. By the way the only person I call a hero is my Niece and she never played football how about that? haha

GameTime
Change the poll to
Eli is and overall very good QB
Eli is a great QB...

that is more realistic.....

Rudyy
I dont think people who have different criterias of what an "elite" quarterback is should be labeled as realist or elitist. Seems sorta silly.

giantsfan420
12-17-2012, 03:31 PM
I dont think people who have different criterias of what an "elite" quarterback is should be labeled as realist or elitist. Seems sorta silly.me too. i never quite understood the fascination some have with giants fans "overhyping" eli anyways. kinda odd to be against that so strongly but it is what it is. i hope no one continues to vote on this stupid poll

Harooni
12-17-2012, 03:32 PM
..in my world, im the eli realist and ur the eli elitist" is that the bazarro world?

Harooni
12-17-2012, 03:35 PM
I dont think people who have different criterias of what an "elite" quarterback is should be labeled as realist or elitist. Seems sorta silly. its simple really, if a poster always covers up for eli and makes excuses for him when he plays poorly then click Elitist , if you see it as it is and notice the up and down play and aren't afraid to call Eli out on it , and the same if he plays well select Realist

giantsfan420
12-17-2012, 03:38 PM
its simple really, if a poster always covers for eli and makes excuses for him when he plays poorly then click Elitist , if you see it as it is and notice the up and down play and aren't afraid to call Eli out on it , and the same if he plays well select Realistand ur the realist? the guy who claimed eli would never win a SB and that SD got the best of us?

the people saying eli is elite are closer to the truth than whatever it is u say imo

Toadofsteel
12-17-2012, 03:38 PM
lolarooni...

Harooni
12-17-2012, 03:40 PM
and ur the realist? the guy who claimed eli would never win a SB? based on what i observed during the 2004-2006 seasons yes that was me being real. however Eli played great in 07 playoffs and proved me wrong. but it was my honest opinion based on what Eli put in front of me those years.

Rudyy
12-17-2012, 03:40 PM
its simple really, if a poster always covers for eli and makes excuses for him when he plays poorly then click Elitist , if you see it as it is and notice the up and down play and aren't afraid to call Eli out on it , and the same if he plays well select RealistWhat if he plays well but because he missed a couple of throws, people want to knock him for the throws he missed? I'll give you an example, the Green Bay game. Is that really a realistic analysis? This is why the poll is slightly flawed. People will nitpick everything to the core and think he didnt have a good game when statistically he did..

dezzzR
12-17-2012, 03:41 PM
Im a cultist...

Harooni
12-17-2012, 03:42 PM
What if he plays well but because he missed a couple of throws, people want to knock him for the throws he missed? I'll give you an example, the Green Bay game. Is that really a realistic analysis? please check Elitist and move along.

hehe rudy

giantsfan420
based on what i observed during the 2004-2006 seasons yes that was me being real. however Eli played great in 07 playoffs and proved me wrong. but it was my honest opinion based on what Eli put in front of me those years.the simple fact of the matter, imo is, the people who claim eli is elite are much closer to the truth than what u say

burier
Before anyone else votes I feel the bias of the poll should be pointed out as it suggest that today if you feel Eli is an elite quarterback you are an elitist which has an inherently negetive conotation and it also suggestst that if you believe Eli is an elitel quarterback you are somehow out of touch with reality. The poll is extremely biased and has convieniently appeared after a poor game and not after the Giants had dropped 50 burger on the saints just a week ago.

giantsfan420
Before anyone else votes I feel the bias of the poll should be pointed out as it suggest that today if you feel Eli is an elite quarterback you are an elitist which has an inherently negetive conotation and it also suggestst that if you believe Eli is an elitel quarterback you are somehow out of touch with reality. The poll is extremely biased and has convieniently appeared after a poor game and not after the Giants had dropped 50 burger on the saints just a week ago.ding ding ding ding

krankeybluechick
12-17-2012, 03:43 PM
its simple really, if a poster always covers for eli and makes excuses for him when he plays poorly then click Elitist , if you see it as it is and notice the up and down play and aren't afraid to call Eli out on it , and the same if he plays well select Realist

I called him out yesterday, but I also called the whole team out because they all sucked!!!! I still consider myself and elitist. How about getting down on the whole team i.e. Osi, Tuck, Pierre Paul the secondary etc. etc. You are always quick to to point out when he has a bad game and make excuses about how we won, not because of him but because of other factors, but will never give him credit he deserves.

Rudyy
12-17-2012, 03:44 PM
please check Elitist and move along. hehe rudyHaha no I'm not, I'm just saying that it's somewhat flawed.

Harooni
12-17-2012, 03:44 PM
the simple fact of the matter, imo is, the people who claim eli is elite are much closer to the truth than what u say maybe , maybe Eli is closer to elite than not elite. but he is a strange sort of elite. seems like he has to get up for games. like he was up all night at a frat party the night before. ,and many times by the 3rd and 4th quarter he starts feeling it.

Harooni
12-17-2012, 03:47 PM
The poll is extremely biased and has convieniently appeared after a poor game and not after the Giants had dropped 50 burger on the saints just a week ago.

thats fair, so do you think it flip flops depending on the week? i do think there is quite a few that flip flop.

Harooni
12-17-2012, 03:48 PM
Haha no I'm not, I'm just saying that it's somewhat flawed. i guess its a silly poll everyone see's themselves as being real about their opinion of Eli.

RoanokeFan
12-17-2012, 03:49 PM
Eli Realist

or

Eli Elitist

Bored?

Harooni
12-17-2012, 03:50 PM
Bored? not really, i was curious if this season has brought more fans over to the dark side.

sharick88
12-17-2012, 03:51 PM
I know I am going to sound like a broken record, but here it is. Eli is great at times, but he is also horrible at times. I think most people feel the same way, but the blind elitists blame it on everything except for him. Those types confuse the hell outta me

Rudyy
12-17-2012, 03:51 PM
i guess its a silly poll everyone see's themselves as being real about their opinion of Eli.That and knee jerk reactions can influence it. If Eli plays great, he's MVP. If Eli doesnt play great, we need to draft Johnny Manziel. Mind you this happens on a weekly basis. And then of course some people just have different opinions.

Harooni
12-17-2012, 03:53 PM
I know I am going to sound like a broken record, but here it is. Eli is great at times, but he is also horrible at times. I think most people feel the same way, but the blind elitists blame it on everything except for him. Those types confuse the hell outta me well put

burier
12-17-2012, 03:55 PM
thats fair, so do you think it flip flops depending on the week? i do think there is quite a few that flip flop.

I don't believe that a quarterback can be elite one week and unelite the next week. But it is a fact that people's opinions change with the wind.

I'm as annoyed with Eli as anyone. More so since I've spent so much time here defending him but I do think a guy who does whatever he wants against teams like the Packers and 9ers and has the credentials that Eli has should get the benefit of the doubt.

krankeybluechick
12-17-2012, 03:56 PM
I feel sorry for the next QB that gets drafted by the Giants.

Harooni
12-17-2012, 04:01 PM
I feel sorry for the next QB that gets drafted by the Giants. this has troubled me for years, why does everyone assume we will get a ryan leaf after Eli??? how do you all know we wont get an RG4

Morehead State
12-17-2012, 04:03 PM
I don't believe that a quarterback can be elite one week and unelite the next week. But it is a fact that people's opinions change with the wind.

I'm as annoyed with Eli as anyone. More so since I've spent so much time here defending him but I do think a guy who does whatever he wants against teams like the Packers and 9ers and has the credentials that Eli has should get the benefit of the doubt.
Well put it this way...He plays like an elite QB one week and then plays like a rookie the next.
To me, that spells an inconsistent QB. "Consistency" is the trait of a great QB.

RoanokeFan
12-17-2012, 04:05 PM

Eli is our quarterback. If for no other reason, he should get our support. The problems arise when someone thinks Eli had a bad throw or bad game they are automatically labeled a "hater." Eli has had some great moments we have all witnessed. Conversely, he has some some real stinkers we have also watched. Eli is not THE problem but, like all of the players, he shares in the glory and the gloom.

RoanokeFan
12-17-2012, 04:06 PM
this has troubled me for years, why does everyone assume we will get a ryan leaf after Eli??? how do you all know we wont get an RG4

or Dave Brown II

Harooni
12-17-2012, 04:06 PM
Well put it this way...He plays like an elite QB one week and then plays like a rookie the next.
To me, that spells an inconsistent QB. "Consistency" is the trait of a great QB.

Spot on!!!

http://cdn.jockpost.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/skip-bayless-dougie.gif

krankeybluechick
12-17-2012, 04:07 PM
this has troubled me for years, why does everyone assume we will get a ryan leaf after Eli??? how do you all know we wont get an RG4

What I meant was that no matter how many Super Bowls you win and MVP's you get your never good enourgh. I don't want an RG4. When was the last time a running QB won a s Super Bowl????? I am happy with Eli even when h e stinks the joint up!!! How could you be so unhappy with a QB that has helped us get 2 Super Bowls in 4 years???

Harooni
12-17-2012, 04:09 PM
What I meant was that no matter how many Super Bowls you win and MVP's you get your never good enourgh. I don't want an RG4. When was the last time a running QB won a s Super Bowl????? I am happy with Eli even when h e stinks the joint up!!! How could you be so unhappy with a QB that has helped us get 2 Super Bowls in 4 years??? he isnt a" running qb" he is a Passer that is mobile, check out his 4 ints this season.

but its crazy how so many of you are paranoid we will get another Dave Brown. Reese is no slouch when it comes to finding Talent.

AllHailEli
12-17-2012, 04:12 PM
Eli gets a pass considering he doubled the Giants Lombardi trophies...and he's a huge part of it evidenced by his two MVP performance. And the dream team eagles could not even get their dynasty started, so yeah, Eli for all intents and purposes already delivered and the investment already paid off. The rest is icing on the cake, but I want them to make the playoffs and have a shot again at the Lombardi because I know they can do it.

Morehead State
12-17-2012, 04:12 PM
What I meant was that no matter how many Super Bowls you win and MVP's you get your never good enourgh. I don't want an RG4. When was the last time a running QB won a s Super Bowl????? I am happy with Eli even when h e stinks the joint up!!! How could you be so unhappy with a QB that has helped us get 2 Super Bowls in 4 years???
Like all fans, we are very happy with any of our players when they play well, and are very unhappy when they play poorly.
We want to win games and when we play like we did yesterday, we are all unhappy.
Personally I am pretty happy with Eli because he QB'd 2 SB winning teams. Those championships are precious to me. Plus I see what other teams deal with without good QB's and I'm glad that isn't the case with us.
However
Eli is flawed. He is inconsistent and that is just frustrating to fans who know the kind of good football he can play. So we love the ups and hate the downs. What else is new?

burier
12-17-2012, 04:15 PM

Take a look at recent history. The dolphins are still trying to replace Marino...what...17 years later?

the 9ers got lucky and replaced montana with Young but they've been searching ever since.

Montana had a nice run in KC and the chiefs have been looking ever since.

I can keep going without even counting the teams like the Bucks who have never had big time quarterback.

Franchise QBs have historically been hard to come by. To think you'll replace one with another is highly optimistic.

krankeybluechick
12-17-2012, 04:15 PM
he isnt a" running qb" he is a Passer that is mobile, check out his 4 ints this season.

but its crazy how so many of you are paranoid we will get another Dave Brown. Reese is no slouch when it comes to finding Talent.

I respectively disargee with you RG3 is a running QB and I as I stated earlier I'm not worried about getting a Dave Brown I just was stating that the next QB drafted better be perfect because no matter what he does it will never, ever be good enough, even if you win 2 Super Bowl in 2 years. You just can't make some fans happy :)

RoanokeFan
12-17-2012, 04:17 PM
not really, i was curious if this season has brought more fans over to the dark side.

I think there are more closet dark siders than you might think

Rusty192
12-17-2012, 04:18 PM
I hope no one seriously thinks they are an Eli realist. That would be too much lol. Maybe whats even funnier is that they took this poll seriously.

Sorry Harooni, :(

RoanokeFan
12-17-2012, 04:19 PM
Eli gets a pass considering he doubled the Giants Lombardi trophies...and he's a huge part of it evidenced by his two MVP performance. And the dream team eagles could not even get their dynasty started, so yeah, Eli for all intents and purposes already delivered and the investment already paid off. The rest is icing on the cake, but I want them to make the playoffs and have a shot again at the Lombardi because I know they can do it.

When you say "Eli gets a pass" what do you mean? Does that mean he can make mistakes and we can't be critical?

Morehead State
12-17-2012, 04:20 PM
Coincidentally, the nickname for our group of golfers at the course is "The Dark Side". And we have earned it.

RoanokeFan
12-17-2012, 04:22 PM
Coincidentally, the nickname for our group of golfers at the course is "The Dark Side". And we have earned it.

Somehow I am not surprised :rolleyes:

Morehead State
I hope no one seriously thinks they are an Eli realist. That would be too much lol. Maybe whats even funnier is that they took this poll seriously.

Sorry Harooni, :(
Eli Cultists all think they are realists. Eli "haters" all think they are realists.
The only true realists are Harooni and Morehead.

And I am realistic about my realism.

GentleGiant
Like all fans, we are very happy with any of our players when they play well, and are very unhappy when they play poorly.
We want to win games and when we play like we did yesterday, we are all unhappy.
Personally I am pretty happy with Eli because he QB'd 2 SB winning teams. Those championships are precious to me. Plus I see what other teams deal with without good QB's and I'm glad that isn't the case with us.
However
Eli is flawed. He is inconsistent and that is just frustrating to fans who know the kind of good football he can play. So we love the ups and hate the downs. What else is new?

Just because he has ups and downs doesn't mean he's not a great QB. If his inconsistency actually effects the game, then I get frustrated. The thing is, it hardly ever does. Drew Brees inconsistency cost the saints their season when they lost to the 9ers and falcons. Rodgers inconsistency almost ended the packers season when they started losing to the seahawks, 9ers, and colts.

Eli is a great QB because he fixes his inconsistency.

He's inconsistently consistent but consistently consistents that inconsistency. :)

krankeybluechick
12-17-2012, 04:23 PM
However

So true, it drives you crazy but as I have said in an earlier thread I have more things in my life that are important so I take the good with the bad. lol Makes life interesting doesn't it?

Morehead State
12-17-2012, 04:23 PM
Somehow I am not surprised :rolleyes:
When we are short a guy and we invite another player to join us they are usually emotionally damaged after, and without any money left.

Rusty192
12-17-2012, 04:25 PM
Eli Cultists all think they are realists. Eli "haters" all think they are realists.

And I am realistic about my realism.Always lol

Morehead State
12-17-2012, 04:26 PM
Just because he has ups and downs doesn't mean he's not a great QB. If his inconsistency actually effects the game, then I get frustrated. The thing is, it hardly ever does. Drew Brees inconsistency cost the saints their season when they lost to the 9ers and falcons. Rodgers inconsistency almost ended the packers season when they started losing to the seahawks, 9ers, and colts.

If it were simply "ups and downs" I would agree. All these guys are human beings after all. But when you wonder which "Eli" is showing up from week to week, that's a different matter. The disparity between "good Eli" and "bad Eli' is huge. More than any QB in the league.
"good Eli" can win championships. "Bad Eli" can't beat the Sisters of the Poor. That Beta is way to high to be considered a great QB in my view.

RoanokeFan
12-17-2012, 04:27 PM

And I am realistic about my realism.

Realistically speaking

Morehead State
12-17-2012, 04:30 PM
Realistically speaking
I would have included you in the "realist" side but the gag worked better with 2 names. And folks think far too highly of you for me to include you with we two MB villains.

Rudyy
12-17-2012, 04:31 PM
Always lolNice avatar.

Harooni
12-17-2012, 04:34 PM

they need to come out of the closet

GentleGiant
12-17-2012, 04:35 PM
If it were simply "ups and downs" I would agree. All these guys are human beings after all. But when you wonder which "Eli" is showing up from week to week, that's a different matter. The disparity between "good Eli" and "bad Eli' is huge. More than any QB in the league.
"good Eli" can win championships. "Bad Eli" can't beat the Sisters of the Poor. That Beta is way to high to be considered a great QB in my view.

Has that been his fault? He's playing with dirt. A meh running game. Meh pass rush. And the playcalling is terrible.

RoanokeFan
12-17-2012, 04:37 PM
When we are short a guy and we invite another player to join us they are usually emotionally damaged after, and without any money left.

As well it should be

RoanokeFan
12-17-2012, 04:37 PM
they need to come out of the closet

Based on your scientific poll, they seem to be

Morehead State
12-17-2012, 04:38 PM
Has that been his fault? He's playing with dirt. A meh running game. Meh pass rush. And the playcalling is terrible.
Poor play isn't the "fault" of Eli or most other players. They mostly (and in Eli's case...always) work their asses off to play well. Its just a reality of professional athletics. If you are suggesting that others are responsible for Eli's extreme inconsistency (and that's what it is....extreme) I say absolutely not.

And to suggest that Eli's supporting cast in our offense is "dirt" is an insult to our team.

RoanokeFan
12-17-2012, 04:39 PM
I would have included you in the "realist" side but the gag worked better with 2 names. And folks think far too highly of you for me to include you with we two MB villains.

Clearly you don't read my PMs lmao

AllHailEli
12-17-2012, 04:40 PM

He's inconsistently consistent but consistently consistents that inconsistency. :)

Eli is a great quarterback because he's 2-0 in the Super Bowl! You can go 16-0 and 15-1 in the season, but if you don't win the Super Bowl, then that season is a colossal failure! How many can say they have two Super Bowl MVPs who's currently playing? Only one other person, and he's still having nightmares about that 18-1 season.

Harooni
12-17-2012, 04:42 PM
Based on your scientific poll, they seem to be I should have thought this through a little better, I am realistic therefore will be honest when selecting Realist, Elitists are in denial so they think they are realists but when in reality they are not. oh boy my heads gone all dizzy.

RoanokeFan
12-17-2012, 04:43 PM
I should have thought this through a little better, I am realistic therefore will be honest when selecting Realist, Elitists are in denial so they think they are realists but when in reality they are not. oh boy my heads gone all dizzy.

I will wait for the 22nd to respond, just in case there is no need

Morehead State
12-17-2012, 04:43 PM
Eli is a great quarterback because he's 2-0 in the Super Bowl! You can go 16-0 and 15-1 in the season, but if you don't win the Super Bowl, then that season is a colossal failure! How many can say they have two Super Bowl MVPs who's currently playing? Only one other person, and he's still having nightmares about that 18-1 season.
I was under the impression that the Giants won those 2 SB's. Evidentally it was Eli against the other team.

Imgrate
12-17-2012, 04:49 PM
You guys. Eli is the best qb in the league. Isn't it obvious?

AllHailEli
12-17-2012, 04:53 PM
I was under the impression that the Giants won those 2 SB's. Evidentally it was Eli against the other team.

Who was the MVP for both Super Bowls? And when was the last time the Giants won the Super Bowl before 2007? Kerry Collins could not seal the deal for you in 2000, did he? It took all the guts in the world to win the Super Bowls in the last two minutes of the game. If you think you can win with someone other than Eli, then you obviously know more than I do. If you think last year was not mostly Eli, then I must be missing something. He won those 4th quarter with the team last in rushing and Eli getting more pressure than any QB! If you can't appreciate what he's done, lemme know which team in the NFCE won Super Bowls since he joined the Giants. And let me know if the Giants doubled their rings or not since we got him.

Imgrate
12-17-2012, 04:55 PM
Who was the MVP for both Super Bowls? And when was the last time the Giants won the Super Bowl before 2007? Kerry Collins could not seal the deal for you in 2000, did he? It took all the guts in the world to win the Super Bowls in the last two minutes of the game. If you think you can win with someone other than Eli, then you obviously know more than I do. If you think last year was not mostly Eli, then I must be missing something. He won those 4th quarter with the team last in rushing and Eli getting more pressure than any QB! If you can't appreciate what he's done, lemme know which team in the NFCE won Super Bowls since he joined the Giants. And let me know if the Giants doubled their rings or not since we got him.Weve also doubled our rings since getting webster bradshaw osi tuck snee diehl etc. All of these guys are constantky ostracized on this forum, too. Yet, you only back eli. Rather fascinating.

Morehead State
12-17-2012, 04:55 PM
Who was the MVP for both Super Bowls? And when was the last time the Giants won the Super Bowl before 2007? Kerry Collins could not seal the deal for you in 2000, did he? It took all the guts in the world to win the Super Bowls in the last two minutes of the game. If you think you can win with someone other than Eli, then you obviously know more than I do. If you think last year was not mostly Eli, then I must be missing something. He won those 4th quarter with the team last in rushing and Eli getting more pressure than any QB! If you can't appreciate what he's done, lemme know which team in the NFCE won Super Bowls since he joined the Giants. And let me know if the Giants doubled their rings or not since we got him.

In my opinion it was Justin Tuck in 42 and Eli in 46.
I would say this however, both those SB's and SB runs had great (even historic in 42) performances by our defense. Both were team wins and I'm proud to say this.

Giantz4Life
12-17-2012, 04:59 PM
This poll is flawed.

Where is the middle ground?

What if some days I'm a "Realist" like when Eli plays like he did yesterday, and other days after Eli has a great game I'm an "Elitist"?

I officially consider myself: "Realelitist"

AllHailEli
12-17-2012, 05:00 PM
Weve also doubled our rings since getting webster bradshaw osi tuck snee diehl etc. All of these guys are constantky ostracized on this forum, too. Yet, you only back eli. Rather fascinating.

Yeah, we were last in rushing last season...and as I said who got the Super Bowl MVP? And isn't this thread about Eli?

Here are some stats for you from last year. If you can't appreciate that, then I doubt anytthing will.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/05/03/no-8-eli-manning-qb-new-york-giants/

Moke
12-17-2012, 05:01 PM
I just got the hots for Eli

Imgrate
12-17-2012, 05:03 PM
Yeah, we were last in rushing last season...and as I said who got the Super Bowl MVP? And isn't this thread about Eli?Here are some stats for you from last year. If you can't appreciate that, then I doubt anytthing will.http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/05/03/no-8-eli-manning-qb-new-york-giants/Super bowl mvp means absolutely nothing.Why are you bringing up eli's stats? Have you seen them this year? Or 2010? The guy has never put together back to back great seasons. Yet you all hail him as though he is some special player. The only thing special about his game is that he doesnt get hurt.

RoanokeFan
12-17-2012, 05:04 PM
This poll is flawed.

What if some days I'm a "Realist" like when Eli plays like he did yesterday, and other days after Eli has a great game I'm an "Elitist"?

TA DA! Well played

Morehead State
12-17-2012, 05:05 PM
Yeah, we were last in rushing last season...and as I said who got the Super Bowl MVP? And isn't this thread about Eli?

Here are some stats for you from last year. If you can't appreciate that, then I doubt anytthing will.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/05/03/no-8-eli-manning-qb-new-york-giants/
"SB MVP" means NOTHING!!.....Absolutely NOTHING.
Its a vote taken by sportswriters who make their decision in about 10 seconds. You guys have to stop this nonsense. Our SB wins were TEAM wins. When my all time sports hero, Phil Simms was our SB winning QB, THAT was a TEAM win. And he had the greatest SB for a QB in its history.

If folks can't see the huge impact our defense played in both those SB runs I throw my hands in the air.

We are Giants fans. And the Giants are a TEAM!!!

Moke
12-17-2012, 05:05 PM
This poll is flawed.

Eh, not really. Either you're elite or you're not.

AllHailEli
12-17-2012, 05:06 PM
Super bowl mvp means absolutely nothing.Why are you bringing up eli's stats? Have you seen them this year? Or 2010? The guy has never put together back to back great seasons. Yet you all hail him as though he is some special player. The only thing special about his game is that he doesnt get hurt.

Did you read the link or did you conveniently ignore it? And did the Giants have two more rings or not? Did he win you the games in the last two minutes or not?

Morehead State
12-17-2012, 05:07 PM
TA DA! Well played
there is no middle ground. there is only black and white.
The sooner we accept this, the better off we will all be.

Imgrate
12-17-2012, 05:07 PM
Did you read the link or did you conveniently ignore it? And did the Giants have two more rings or not? Did he win you the games in the last two minutes or not?He didnt win us the games. No player in the history of the nfl has ever been credited with a win.

Morehead State
12-17-2012, 05:10 PM
He didnt win us the games. No player in the history of the nfl has ever been credited with a win.
No Lawl...the fact that our defense held the highest scoring offense in NFL history to 14 points had no effect on the outcome of SB 42.
Get your head out of your ***!!!

krankeybluechick
12-17-2012, 05:10 PM
He didnt win us the games. No player in the history of the nfl has ever been credited with a win.

Wow, but you sure would credit him with a loss wouldn't you? Just asking.

AllHailEli
12-17-2012, 05:12 PM
"SB MVP" means NOTHING!!.....Absolutely NOTHING.
Its a vote taken by sportswriters who make their decision in about 10 seconds. You guys have to stop this nonsense. Our SB wins were TEAM wins. When my all time sports hero, Phil Simms was our SB winning QB, THAT was a TEAM win. And he had the greatest SB for a QB in its history.

If folks can't see the huge impact our defense played in both those SB runs I throw my hands in the air.

We are Giants fans. And the Giants are a TEAM!!!

Did he win you the games in the last two minutes? Did he get you to the playoffs in 2011 with the injured defense in the regular season and last in rushing? And did you read the link or did you not? That link tells you how elite he is but you can't be reasoned with if you can't be bothered to read it.

Morehead State
12-17-2012, 05:12 PM
Wow, but you sure would credit him with a loss wouldn't you? Just asking.
We win as a team and lose as a team.
Or don't you agree? Evidentally not.

Morehead State
12-17-2012, 05:14 PM
Did he win you the games in the last two minutes? Did he get you to the playoffs in 2011 with the injured defense in the regular season and last in rushing? And did you read the link or did you not? That link tells you how elite he is but you can't be reasoned with if you can't be bothered to read it.
No..."HE" didn't win us the game. We won the game because 45 players played there asses off to win those games. We won because the defense played well enough to keep us in it even though we only scored 14 points up until the last drive in SB 46. And 10 points in SB 42. We won on those drives because guys blocked, ran, passed and caught balls well enough to score TD's.
Why is this difficult to understand?

AllHailEli
12-17-2012, 05:15 PM

That answers one question but did you read the link? Or did you conveniently ignore it?

krankeybluechick
12-17-2012, 05:15 PM
We win as a team and lose as a team.
Or don't you agree? Evidentally not.

Of course I do Morehead State. But some credit the team with the wins and Eli with the loses. Just what I have read. He has alot to do with both of them but will mostly get the credit in losing then winning. Hope I clairified myself :)

Moke
12-17-2012, 05:16 PM
I blame the Jets. They are stinking up our jets/transportation and everything.

Imgrate
12-17-2012, 05:16 PM
That answers one question but did you read the link? Or did you conveniently ignore it?I ignored it.

Morehead State
12-17-2012, 05:18 PM
Of course I do Morehead State. But some credit the team with the wins and Eli with the loses. Just what I have read. He has alot to do with both of them but will mostly get the credit in losing then winning. Hope I clairified myself :)
personally I've never solely blamed a player for a loss, or credited a player solely for a win.
I can't control what other fans do. I do hold players accountable for their play on the field. But games are 60 minutes and thousands of factors go into a win or a loss.

Morehead State
I ignored it.
me too.

AllHailEli
No..."HE" didn't win us the game. We won the game because 45 players played there asses off to win those games. We won because the defense played well enough to keep us in it even though we only scored 14 points up until the last drive in SB 46. And 10 points in SB 42. We won on those drives because guys blocked, ran, passed and caught balls well enough to score TD's.
Why is this difficult to understand?

Read the link and the come back to me.

Morehead State
12-17-2012, 05:20 PM
Read the link and the come back to me.
Not happening.
Make your case or get off the MB.

AllHailEli
12-17-2012, 05:20 PM
me too.

Well that says it, you're both whiners and don't know how lucky you have to have Eli. :)

Imgrate
12-17-2012, 05:23 PM
Well that says it, you're both whiners and don't know how lucky you have to have Eli. :)I think we'll be fine when eli retires. Reese will find a way

dbreiden83080
12-17-2012, 05:25 PM
I am not sure what people want from Eli. He has won 2 SB's and been MVP both times. He has been great in the playoffs. If they miss the playoffs this year, are we really laying that in his lap? Do you guys want him to be more like Peyton because last i checked his big bro is known for choking in the playoffs far more than leading his team to SB's.. Yes you want to make the playoffs buts lets not act like if they make it and lose in the opening round you guys will be all good with that..

nycisgreat
12-17-2012, 05:26 PM
He is a very good QB but has been in a slump. He can bounce back. When? Hopefully soon.

+1

Morehead State
12-17-2012, 05:28 PM
Well that says it, you're both whiners and don't know how lucky you have to have Eli. :)
Thanks...I think I'm a winner too.
not sure about Imgrate though. His FF team just got clobbered this weekend.

Giantz4Life
12-17-2012, 05:29 PM
Eh, not really. Either you're elite or you're not.

Don't ruin my fun

njg85m
12-17-2012, 05:30 PM
There are certain people on this board that consider themselves Giants fans who I truly believe are genuinely happy when Eli has a bad game / bad stretch of games, so they can create their "SEE I TOLDS U SO" threads.

dbreiden83080
12-17-2012, 05:32 PM
There are certain people on this board that consider themselves Giants fans who I truly believe are genuinely happy when Eli has a bad game / bad stretch of games, so they can create their "SEE I TOLDS U SO" threads.

Then they are not fans.. They are right up there with the so called Pats fans that felt betrayed by Brady losing the last 2 superbowls he played in..

Morehead State
12-17-2012, 05:33 PM
there is not a true Giants fan on the planet that roots against Eli.
Not one.
To suggest otherwise is beyond ignorant.

Giantz4Life
12-17-2012, 05:33 PM
there is no middle ground. there is only black and white.
The sooner we accept this, the better off we will all be.

What if I insanely overhype Eli when he goes on a 3-4 game streak of great football (ala 07 playoffs or last years SB run) and say he's the best QB in the league, but when he sucks, I really let him have it and say who the hell is this rookie QB playing for us. I truly thought after the SB he would enter the Tom Brady, Peyton conversation. There's always a middle ground ;-)

BeatYale
12-17-2012, 05:34 PM
im trying to figure out the percentage on the board

Anyone who decides to do this after a 34-0 loss is just fishing for drama on the forums.

Giantz4Life
12-17-2012, 05:35 PM
Not one.

I agree with you, but some people on here really seem to enjoy saying "I told you so" just because they want to seem perceptive. That's just how some come off.

Morehead State
12-17-2012, 05:35 PM
What if I insanely overhype Eli when he goes on a 3-4 game streak of great football (ala 07 playoffs or last years SB run) and say he's the best QB in the league, but when he sucks, I really let him have it and say who the hell is this rookie QB playing for us. I truly thought after the SB he would enter the Tom Brady, Peyton conversation. There's always a middle ground ;-)
it was a joke.

CowboysSuck
12-17-2012, 05:37 PM
This is a stupid poll.

There are no definitions of what each answer implies.

If you claim someone is an "elitist", what? Does that mean we think Eli is an above average, even a great QB? Then yes of course, If you think otherwise you are having delusions.

In an Eli "realist" someone who looks at the game objectively and thing Eli is an above average, even a good/great QB? Then yes of course. These options make no sense. One can be a realist and and elitist.

If you god honestly think Eli is a bad QB, Idk what to tell you

Morehead State
12-17-2012, 05:37 PM
I agree with you, but some people on here really seem to enjoy saying "I told you so" just because they want to seem perceptive. That's just how some come off.
I can't know what't in anyones mind as they post.
I can say with certainty that to root against Eli (or any Giants player) is not the action of a real Giants fan.

Morehead State
12-17-2012, 05:38 PM
This is a stupid poll.

There are no definitions of what each answer implies.

If you claim someone is an "elitist", what? Does that mean we think Eli is an above average, even a great QB? Then yes of course, If you think otherwise you are having delusions.

In an Eli "realist" someone who looks at the game objectively and thing Eli is an above average, even a good/great QB? Then yes of course. These options make no sense. One can be a realist and and elitist.

If you god honestly think Eli is a bad QB, Idk what to tell you

is it your view that to say that he's "not elite" is the same as saying that he's a "bad QB"?

sharick88
12-17-2012, 05:38 PM

Anyone who actually feels that way can go **** themselves.

Giantz4Life
12-17-2012, 05:40 PM
I can't know what't in anyones mind as they post.
I can say with certainty that to root against Eli (or any Giants player) is not the action of a real Giants fan.

You're right. I just find it fascinating the line that has been drawn in the sand on this MB...you're either on one team or the other apparently.

AllHailEli
12-17-2012, 05:41 PM
By the way, that other elite QB Drew Brees threw 5 interceptions against the Falcons. And that first ballot hall of famer Peyton Manning threw three interceptions against them. Eli was not the only QB who had a bad game against them, elite or not.

BillTheGreek
12-17-2012, 05:42 PM
Eli has been a Dr Jekyll and Mr. Hyde !

Thereís always somebody saying that Eli canít do it, and those people have to be ignored.

Never underestimate the GIANTS !

Morehead State
12-17-2012, 05:44 PM
You're right. I just find it fascinating the line that has been drawn in the sand on this MB...you're either on one team or the other apparently.
No thats just not true.
But there are some posters who believe that if you dare to criticize Eli in any way, you are on "the other side". Those sides are drawn by posters who worship Eli.
I like Eli just fine but accept that he is inconsistent and frustrating....Good but not great. In some folks eys that makes me a "hater" Those folks are defining the sides.

Giantz4Life
12-17-2012, 05:45 PM
By the way, that other elite QB Drew Brees threw 5 interceptions against the Falcons. And that first ballot hall of famer Peyton Manning threw three interceptions against them. Eli was not the only QB who had a bad game against them, elite or not.

I think the argument that most make against that, which I believe to be true as well, is that Brees and Peyton have accumulated incredible statistics that will guarantee their entry into Canton AND they both have a SB MVP under their belts. Eli would most likely only make the hall of fame due to his SB MVPs, not his stats. Consistency is the key here, and Eli just simply has not been that for the majority of his career.

Giantz4Life
12-17-2012, 05:46 PM
No thats just not true.
But there are some posters who believe that if you dare to criticize Eli in any way, you are on "the other side". Those sides are drawn by posters who worship Eli.
I like Eli just fine but accept that he is inconsistent and frustrating....Good but not great. In some folks eys that makes me a "hater" Those folks are defining the sides.

That is why I said "apparently". I do not agree with the Elitist or Realist concept, but people like Harooni continue to draw a line.

Morehead State
12-17-2012, 05:48 PM
I think the argument that most make against that, which I believe to be true as well, is that Brees and Peyton have accumulated incredible statistics that will guarantee their entry into Canton AND they both have a SB MVP under their belts. Eli would most likely only make the hall of fame due to his SB MVPs, not his stats.
They are consistently great players who, on occasion have bad games. As did Joe Montana, Roger Staubach and Terry Bradshaw...etc....
Eli's record is that of an inconsistent player who has flashes of greatness and flashes of horrible play. Its a different level completely.

Morehead State
12-17-2012, 05:50 PM
That is why I said "apparently". I do not agree with the Elitist or Realist concept, but people like Harooni continue to draw a line.
Harooni is just having some fun at some folks expense. Instead of playing along, they take it all too seriously. like criticizing Eli is some form of blasphemy.
And in my opinion, those who take things too seriously need to be poked, if only for their own good.

Giantz4Life
12-17-2012, 05:53 PM
Harooni is just having some fun at some folks expense. Instead of playing along, they take it all too seriously. like criticizing Eli is some form of blasphemy.
And in my opinion, those who take things too seriously need to be poked, if only for their own good.

People do defend Eli way too much on here. He's open to criticism as much as anyone else. No one gets mad when people say "Justin Tuck sucks this year" but when it's Eli it's blasphemy. I think it has to do with Eli's demeanor a lot too, because he comes off as a very humble and nice guy, plus he pulled off some amazing plays in the playoffs and 2 Super Bowls so he's almost on a God-like status to some. To each his own I guess.

Morehead State
12-17-2012, 05:57 PM
People do defend Eli way too much on here. He's open to criticism as much as anyone else. No one gets mad when people say "Justin Tuck sucks this year" but when it's Eli it's blasphemy. I think it has to do with Eli's demeanor a lot too, because he comes off as a very humble and nice guy, plus he pulled off some amazing plays in the playoffs and 2 Super Bowls so he's almost on a God-like status to some. To each his own I guess.
I have a theory that fans worship Eli because they used to get beat up for lunch money in high school. since Eli looks that way as well.

Its unscientific...but i think I'm on to something.

Giantz4Life
12-17-2012, 06:00 PM
I have a theory that fans worship Eli because they used to get beat up for lunch money in high school. since Eli looks that way as well.

Revenge of the Nerds theory....I dig it

AllHailEli
12-17-2012, 06:06 PM
I think the argument that most make against that, which I believe to be true as well, is that Brees and Peyton have accumulated incredible statistics that will guarantee their entry into Canton AND they both have a SB MVP under their belts. Eli would most likely only make the hall of fame due to his SB MVPs, not his stats. Consistency is the key here, and Eli just simply has not been that for the majority of his career.

Which is fine, because at the end of the day the fans would rather have the Super Bowls any day. The point anyway is that Eli had a bad day, just like any other elite QBs like Brees and Peyton who played the same team and had a bad day and lost. Eli may be inconsistent, but in the postseason he can put up those great numbers and be consistent for the whole run. If we got this guy because we wanted to win the Super Bowls, then he more than returned our investment. New York is the toughest place to play and to be able to take the pressure and win and put up great stats along the way in the postseason, I think that's very impressive! Not a lot of athletes can take the New York pressure, you have to have enough guts to play here and take all the criticisms that go along the way. You can either wilt against the glare or you can rise up to it. Eli more than rose up to it even after he was getting killed. It's so easy to lose confidence with all the criticisms for bad games, just look at Mark Sanchez. So yeah, in my eyes Eli is elite, and no more than he proved last season and I honestly think he's the best quarterback for this city.

njg85m
12-17-2012, 06:12 PM
Not one.

It is in no way ignorant. In fact, it's ignorant to ignore that there are a number of people on these boards that absolutely DO display the exact behavior I mentioned.

There are literally dozens of people here who are completely and fully mute when Eli has a great game, and will never acknowledge his good performances. Yet are always and without exception the first people to log in after a crappy game and completely bash or question his talents. What do you call that?

You're truly naive if you don't believe that some members of this board are actually rooting against Eli.

AllHailEli
12-17-2012, 06:15 PM
I wonder if we had Peyton and he only won one Super Bowl although we'd always be in the playoff with higher seeding. I think people will call him a choker. That's just my opinion. I mean, there's already that notion floating around. And you know people will always take the Super Bowl more than the records or the stats.

Giantz4Life
12-17-2012, 06:20 PM
Which is fine, because at the end of the day the fans would rather have the Super Bowls any day. The point anyway is that Eli had a bad day, just like any other elite QBs like Brees and Peyton who played the same team and had a bad day and lost. Eli may be inconsistent, but in the postseason he can put up those great numbers and be consistent for the whole run. If we got this guy because we wanted to win the Super Bowls, then he more than returned our investment. New York is the toughest place to play and to be able to take the pressure and win and put up great stats along the way in the postseason, I think that's very impressive! Not a lot of athletes can take the New York pressure, you have to have enough guts to play here and take all the criticisms that go along the way. You can either wilt against the glare or you can rise up to it. Eli more than rose up to it even after he was getting killed. It's so easy to lose confidence with all the criticisms for bad games, just look at Mark Sanchez. So yeah, in my eyes Eli is elite, and no more than he proved last season and I honestly think he's the best quarterback for this city.

I agree that he possesses the necessary attitude to be a NY Giants QB. If we had Philip Rivers he probably would've been booed out of town years ago. The whole elite vs not elite argument is really a moot point. I'll take the Super Bowls over the great stats also. Eli is what he is...and I think MS described him perfectly: "Flashes of greatness and flashes of terrible play" which I think is why there is so much argument over the topic. Is he more consistently great or consistently bad?

Either way, we all love what Eli has done for this team and city. He has already gotten himself a place in the annals of NY sports history amongst Jeter, Ewing, Messier etc. Let's just hope he can be the QB we know he can be (the good one), and not what he has been for some time this season (the bad) for the rest of our season and hopefully playoff run.

Morehead State
12-17-2012, 06:21 PM
It is in no way ignorant. In fact, it's ignorant to ignore that there are a number of people on these boards that absolutely DO display the exact behavior I mentioned.

There are literally dozens of people here who are completely and fully mute when Eli has a great game, and will never acknowledge his good performances. Yet are always and without exception the first people to log in after a crappy game and completely bash or question his talents. What do you call that?

You're truly naive if you don't believe that some members of this board are actually rooting against Eli.
Not if they're true Giants fans.

Harooni
12-17-2012, 06:38 PM

i got bullied by a kid that looked like a Manning

http://todayontoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Bullied-in-Childhood.jpg

krankeybluechick
12-17-2012, 11:26 PM
i got bullied by a kid that looked like a Manning

http://todayontoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Bullied-in-Childhood.jpg

Oh, now it makes sense, I see where all your hate for Eli has come from. Seek thearpy my son! :P

PRGiant
12-18-2012, 03:16 AM
How about elite, he's ok and he sucks, as 3 options, 'cause you can't put he's ok and he sucks as 'realist'