PDA

View Full Version : I so wish we had the internet in the 80's

thomsoad
12-17-2012, 04:07 PM
I read all this blaming and complaining about our team today.
And i just imagine how many of you would have been screaming for benching Simms and LT and firing Parcells and Billicheck.
Im reading some of your posts and honestly...some of you sound so freaking stupid.
It was a bad loss...but its the same team and coaches that smoked the Panthers.
I dont bring up the Saints cuz Ive seen too many posts about we only won cuz of our return game...unbelievable.

JMGGIANTS
12-17-2012, 04:11 PM
LOL, for my father was always saying to bench Simms, for a period of time I wanted Hostetler to start over Simms too. I admit in Parcells first season when we stunk it up I wanted him fired. Now with LT why would anyone have wanted him benched? Why would anyone have wanted Bellichick fired? Our defense was stellar under him.

Rudyy
12-17-2012, 04:14 PM
We smoked the 5-9 Panthers. You should have brought up San Fran and the Packers instead.

thomsoad
12-17-2012, 04:16 PM
LOL, for my father was always saying to bench Simms, for a period of time I wanted Hostetler to start over Simms too. I admit in Parcells first season when we stunk it up I wanted him fired. Now with LT why would anyone have wanted him benched? Why would anyone have wanted Bellichick fired? Our defense was stellar under him.

Yeah...in the whole big picture. But what about when we scored 3 points in the SF game at home? Or how bout when the Eagles dropped 38 point on our D...or how bout the fact Buddy Ryan has a winning record against Parcells? Seems to me most people on these boards wuld be yelling to get rid of the Tuna for someone who can beat Buddy Ryan.

thomsoad
12-17-2012, 04:17 PM
We smoked the 5-9 Panthers. You should have brought up San Fran and the Packers instead.

Then freakin pick one...I dont really give a s*** who wanna use as an example.

Rudyy
12-17-2012, 04:20 PM
Then freakin pick one...I dont really give a s*** who wanna use as an example. Sorry..lol

giantsforce
12-17-2012, 04:26 PM
I read all this blaming and complaining about our team today.
And i just imagine how many of you would have been screaming for benching Simms and LT and firing Parcells and Billicheck.
Im reading some of your posts and honestly...some of you sound so freaking stupid.
It was a bad loss...but its the same team and coaches that smoked the Panthers.
I dont bring up the Saints cuz Ive seen too many posts about we only won cuz of our return game...unbelievable.All I know is that before and after the Parcells/Belicheck era, NY Giants fans were burning their tickets in the parking lot and they were wearing paper bags on their heads. Parcells brought some fire and took a bad team and made them serious contenders. Besides, I do not remember a team quitting on Parcells and losing because of lack of effort.

bigblue999
12-17-2012, 05:06 PM

LOL!!!

45Jones
12-17-2012, 05:19 PM
I fired Simms many times back in the day. The great Phil Simms....:p

CowboysSuck
12-17-2012, 05:28 PM

Apples and oranges. The NFL is a week-to-week league. We all know what he meant. This team is extremely ​capable of winning these next two games Rud

BMW
12-17-2012, 06:18 PM
Also extremely capable of laying eggs.

sharick88
12-17-2012, 06:21 PM
If we had internet in the 80's, these boards would have crashed after that Flipper Anderson walk off TD. That play still gives me nightmares. I thought for sure that we were going to win the Super Bowl that year.

SweetZombieJesus
12-17-2012, 06:24 PM
Technically the internet was around then, just not as we know it today. No web browsers. But there was "usenet" newsgroups, checking to see if I can dig up an old archive...

giantsfan420
12-17-2012, 06:31 PM
lol so true

bamf
12-17-2012, 06:35 PM
Considering the Giants are the only team to have won a SB in four consecutive decades I'd say they're fairly consistent over the long haul.

Harooni
12-17-2012, 06:40 PM
We were all homers during the 80's