PDA

View Full Version : Is the whole sight adjustment scheme working in the other teams favor? Asante Samuel

NYG4lifeNYK
12-17-2012, 04:53 PM
It sure looked to me that the Falcons were baiting Nicks and Cruz into thinking that a specific route was open only for them to close in on it and damn near pick Eli off every time with a highly contested throw.

Even a wide open receiver had a guy close in on him within a second.

Asante Samuel is the devil...... I hate the guy. You think it's a coincidence their defense knew everything we were doing aside from the fact that killdrive is so predictable? Asante spilled his guts and the Falcons rode us like a rented mule.

There wasn't a single throw yesterday that I felt good about... that's how contested every single throw was.

Our offense has become tired and needs some change.

Maybe we need more draw plays :D .... a 4th draw in a row would of done the trick!

Ruttiger711
12-17-2012, 05:01 PM
The pick on the Nicks throw was a good pass - on target and in stride. I totally agree with you though that they gave Nicks what he needed to see to "option" into the route he ran and the corners knew they had the safety help for that route and had the freedom to gamble and play crazy aggressive. The Falcons did their homework and took us to school - but they also have the playmakers to do so. Other than Reed I don't know enough about the Ravens ability to do the same.

giantscolombia
12-17-2012, 05:02 PM
It sure looked to me that the Falcons were baiting Nicks and Cruz into thinking that a specific route was open only for them to close in on it and damn near pick Eli off every time with a highly contested throw.

Asante Samuel is the devil...... I hate the guy. You think it's a coincidence their defense knew everything we were doing aside from the fact that killdrive is so predictable? Asante spilled his guts and the Falcons rode us like a rented mule.
There wasn't a single throw yesterday that I felt good about... that's how contested every single throw was.

Maybe we need more draw plays :D .... a 4th draw in a row would of done the trick!

I HATE HIS FILTHY SMIRK! IT MAKES ME WANNA PUKE!!

Cloud57
12-17-2012, 05:02 PM

Maybe we need more draw plays :D .... a 4th draw in a row would of done the trick!CBs know Eli is predictable, that's why we can't win in division games.

NYG4lifeNYK
12-17-2012, 05:14 PM
CBs know Eli is predictable, that's why we can't win in division games.

No, our offense is predictable(Hi Gilbride) and more importantly our red zone(Hi Gilbride) offense which is absolutely crippling when you stall countless times in the red zone.(Hi Gilbride)

DarkSaint
12-17-2012, 05:15 PM
Are you guys saying he knows our playbook? And I agree the 2nd int was a good pass and would have hit nicks in stride. The safety just made a great play.

NYG4lifeNYK
12-17-2012, 05:44 PM
They were jumping every single route yesterday like they were the receiver... I couldn't believe it. It was like Asante cloned himsef and was all over the field.

Toadofsteel
12-17-2012, 05:52 PM
We should just try to acquire Asante Samuel for ourselves. One less kryptonite out there for us.

But yeah, that's just the symptom of a larger issue, that being Killdrive...

giantsfan420
12-17-2012, 06:06 PM
ive been making this point repeatedly. i made a few threads about it earlier.

giantsfan420
12-17-2012, 06:11 PM
it seems defenses understand our S.A.O (site adjustment offense for further reference). They seem to know they can bait eli/wr into certain routes. and theyre capitalizing on it by doubling the routes they force eli/wr into thinking is open. the 2nd int is a perfect example imo. Fokou is showing one coverage presnap. the DB on nicks shows him the coverage that nicks runs an in cut type route. Fokou, I guess knowing Nicks would be forced into that route, dropped underneath him perfectly for the int. and its not just exclusive to yesterday. for a while now, ive seen teams bracket Cruz, and play him with certain techniques that bait him into routes that will have double coverage or jump the route...we need to mix things up a little with this SOA. When teams can just rush 4 and generate pressure, we've had zero success...i dunno but we need a 3rd WR whose as dangerous as nicks n cruz (MM was arguable more dangerous bc he possessed more speed and quickness than the other two) that force defenses into having to defend us differently than they are able to now

giantsfan420
12-17-2012, 06:13 PM
the question could become, once we figure that Defenses uderstand they can force us into certain routes by their technique/coverage, are we gonna ask the wrs to deduce yet another thing midplay and see if the coverage is a trick/attempt to bait eli and himself? cuz i dunno how else the offense can evolve if wrs arent doing that...otherwise itd seem theres too much guess work

Flip Empty
12-17-2012, 06:25 PM
If fans know what's coming, opposing DCs and players know what's coming. It's pathetic, really.

TextureDj
12-17-2012, 06:32 PM
ive been making this point repeatedly. i made a few threads about it earlier. I have also put this point out there a few times. Shannahan dialed it in last year, once you figure out these option routes you can manipulate this passing attack into trap after trap.

Rusty192
12-17-2012, 07:29 PM
it seems defenses understand our S.A.O (site adjustment offense for further reference). They seem to know they can bait eli/wr into certain routes. and theyre capitalizing on it by doubling the routes they force eli/wr into thinking is open. the 2nd int is a perfect example imo. Fokou is showing one coverage presnap. the DB on nicks shows him the coverage that nicks runs an in cut type route. Fokou, I guess knowing Nicks would be forced into that route, dropped underneath him perfectly for the int. and its not just exclusive to yesterday. for a while now, ive seen teams bracket Cruz, and play him with certain techniques that bait him into routes that will have double coverage or jump the route...we need to mix things up a little with this SOA. When teams can just rush 4 and generate pressure, we've had zero success...i dunno but we need a 3rd WR whose as dangerous as nicks n cruz (MM was arguable more dangerous bc he possessed more speed and quickness than the other two) that force defenses into having to defend us differently than they are able to nowMakes sense. Eli makes the throw from what is the good read. The defense knows whats happening, picks it off, and people think our QB is sloppy and sucks.

Ladies and Gentleman, I give you the GMB...

DarkSaint
12-17-2012, 07:33 PM
I have also put this point out there a few times. Shannahan dialed it in last year, once you figure out these option routes you can manipulate this passing attack into trap after trap. this is an excellent point. Then end zone int last year when it appeared that mm pulled up on his route, the db was in position for at least 5 seconds all alone waiting for the ball to come to him. Looked like somebody had passed them the giants playbook.

DarkSaint
12-17-2012, 07:34 PM
There is too much thinking going on in each route during the play and it hampers our guys athleticism which prevents them from getting separation.

Cloud57
12-17-2012, 07:37 PM
There is too much thinking going on in each route during the play and it hampers our guys athleticism which prevents them from getting separation. you're right, football players should't have to think a lot lol

giantsfan420
12-17-2012, 07:40 PM
if teams continue to set these traps after traps, the only way the offense is gonna go back to what it was is if the wrs and eli not only correctly identify the coverage, but correctly identify and decipher if the coverage theyre showing isnt a trap...and thats just way too much thinking going on midplay.

nfl 32 had a clip about O.C. and D.C.'s "clip boards" (play sheets). GB's offense has a play sheet of hundreds of plays on a huge poster type board, two sided. KGs is significantly less bc really any 1 of his passing plays can ultimately become like 3 different pass plays based off the option routes. i prefer a GB like offense where the coaches design the plays that free up the players and not what we do where we depend on the players to identify the defense to get open themselves. its why wrs in our system need 2-3 yrs typically just to grasp the philosophy and why teams in other systems can play guys like TY Hilton and Something Brazil...Indys OC/HC deserves Coach of the Year. He was Pitts OC last year and Ben def misses him. how bout that pick he threw in OT, where are the knee jerk reactions speaking of ben