DB

Corey Webster

DB

Jayron Hosley

LB

Chase Blackburn

giantscolombia
12-17-2012, 04:04 PM
lol i love the gap between JPP and stevie brown...

this lacks illustration comparable to our atrocious game.

moosedrool
12-17-2012, 04:54 PM
In this salary cap driven league, you can't have guys making big money performing like this and expect to compete. Boley, Tuck, Webster, Kiwanuka, Rolle are overpaid and underperforming. You win by having many underpaid guys performing well like Will Hill and Stevie Brown. Unfortunately we don't have enough of those guys.

Toadofsteel
12-17-2012, 04:56 PM
How did Kenny Phillips get a rating? I thought he was out...

Or is this season-to-date ratings?

Either way, proves that JPP pretty much IS our defense...

gmen0820
12-17-2012, 04:57 PM
This is all season, no way someone could amass a 25 rating in a single game. Plus, JPP was hardly impressive yesterday.

Toadofsteel
12-17-2012, 04:59 PM
Could I get a link for this? I can't believe Stevie Brown only has a 4.4 rating. I feel as though 7 picks would be good for a higher rating than that. Is he getting burned that often?

moosedrool
12-17-2012, 05:04 PM
You need a $30 subscription for site access. These are year to date ratings.

Tmurda1984
12-17-2012, 05:19 PM
Lol you are wasting $30...I refuse to believe Blackburn is the worst rated defender on our defense. I watch him make huge plays and even the announcers are taking notice of how good he has been playing. I think Boley has been struggling bad this season.

moosedrool
12-17-2012, 05:26 PM
Tmurda1984 don't be so ignorant about something you don't know much about. You only see the good plays Blackburn makes. PFF sees every play.

I used the stats, which are incredible, for fantasy football matchups and went 10-3 this year in a big money league. It was a very good investment.

And besides that, PFF provides customized stats to many NFL teams including the Giants.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203889904577199781897959096.html

giantsfan420
12-17-2012, 05:29 PM
wow this depicts whats wrong with the D. Tuck and Osi should be graded HIGHER than JPP with all the double/triple teams JPP gets tht gives them constant 1 on 1s. i cant remember the last time a team doubled osi or tuck, smh

Giantz4Life
12-17-2012, 05:32 PM
Tmurda1984 don't be so ignorant about something you don't know much about.

I used the stats, which are incredible, for fantasy football matchups and went 10-3 this year in a big money league. It was a very good investment.

And besides that, PFF provides customized stats to many NFL teams including the Giants.

Not to get off topic, but do you truly think your record was an indicator of the stats available to you?

I'm just curious, because I honestly think fantasy football is pure luck.

I've been doing it for 7 years and have come to the conclusion that it all comes down to luck and nothing else. My buddy joined my league last year as his first year of doing FF and won the whole thing basically knowing nothing about football going up against guys like me who study and analyze matchups and do tons of research prior to drafting.

moosedrool
12-17-2012, 05:38 PM
Not to get off topic, but do you truly think your record was an indicator of the stats available to you?

I've been doing it for 7 years and have come to the conclusion that it all comes down to luck and nothing else. My buddy joined my league last year as his first year of doing FF and won the whole thing basically knowing nothing about football going up against guys like me who study and analyze matchups and do tons of research prior to drafting.

Fantasy football has some luck but is more about matchups. The stats at PFF aren't available anywhere else and allow you to exploit matchups when setting your lineup.

TheEnigma
12-17-2012, 05:40 PM
Thanks for these moose. I would of expected Prince to be higher on the year. JPP seems a bit too high personally but I suppose PFF factors in all the attention he receives and the dude is still getting decent pressure considering the situation.

JMGGIANTS
12-17-2012, 05:42 PM
more worthless stats, ratings all for show but not in context.

moosedrool
12-17-2012, 06:51 PM
more worthless stats, ratings all for show but not in context.

If they are worthless stats why do NFL teams including the Giants use them?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...897959096.html (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203889904577199781897959096.html)

ibbill
12-17-2012, 06:57 PM
thats a crock our best defensive player is Boley leads the team in tackles and had 3 ints 1/2 sack hes our best at the moment

moosedrool
12-17-2012, 07:03 PM
thats a crock our best defensive player is Boley

Boley at age 30 is clearly declining. He is not very good against the run. If you don't believe the stats, record any Giants game and when you watch it focus only on Boley. He frequently can't get off blocks.

Redeyejedi
12-17-2012, 07:06 PM
Lol you are wasting $30...I refuse to believe Blackburn is the worst rated defender on our defense. I watch him make huge plays and even the announcers are taking notice of how good he has been playing. I think Boley has been struggling bad this season. I believe it the guy has zero range and misses tackles. 90% of the board sees the 1 play he makes and misses the 10 a game he doesnt make. I believe when everyone is healthy he is the worst starter on the defense.

Redeyejedi
12-17-2012, 07:07 PM
Boley at age 30 is clearly declining. He is not very good against the run. If you don't believe the stats, record any Giants game and when you watch it focus only on Boley. He frequently can't get off blocks.Boley was never a stack and shed LB. He was always run and chase. He can be effective if u keep him clean. He doesnt miss tackles and will make big plays if utilized correctly. That being said I think Jacaquain Williams can be a better player but he cant stay on the field this season

Flip Empty
12-17-2012, 07:12 PM

You can definitely get by with luck, but you're likely to do better if you know the game and players.

moosedrool
12-17-2012, 07:16 PM
90% of the board sees the 1 play he makes and misses the 10 a game he doesnt make.

Exactly. PFF sees and rates every play.

Tmurda1984
12-17-2012, 07:19 PM
I believe it the guy has zero range and misses tackles. 90% of the board sees the 1 play he makes and misses the 10 a game he doesnt make. I believe when everyone is healthy he is the worst starter on the defense.

Zero Range?!?! I watched Blackburn make bigger plays in the passing game than Boley. I watched Blackburn even cover Jimmy Graham a couple of times while the Saints abused Boley. Boley may lead the team in tackles because he is the only linebacker that plays every down. His coverage skills are declining and he can not play the run. Blackburn plays the run pretty well, and yea he missed some tackles, but who doesnt on this defense.

Toadofsteel
12-17-2012, 07:47 PM
wow this depicts whats wrong with the D. Tuck and Osi should be graded HIGHER than JPP with all the double/triple teams JPP gets tht gives them constant 1 on 1s. i cant remember the last time a team doubled osi or tuck, smh

I think it's the constant double and triple teams on him specifically that's giving him such a high grade... if you're drawing that kind of attention, you're doing your job. The fact that nobody else can win a 1 on 1 means that they're doing terrible.

The sad thing is the way JPP plays he'd be a perfect 3-4 DE. Imagine if he was drawing double and triple teams... the linebacker behind him would be a free rusher damn near every time.

Damn, now i'm getting the idea into my head of how more dominant our defensive front could have been if we somehow placed JPP in the 1980s. LT is a legend already, but with JPP in front of him, we would have like 6 super bowls in that era alone...

moosedrool
12-17-2012, 07:54 PM
I think it's the constant double and triple teams on him specifically that's giving him such a high grade...

JPP's overall rating is very high because his RUN defense rating is very high (highest in the NFL for a 4-3 DE). People here assume his overall rating is too high because he's not getting as many sacks as last year.