PDA

View Full Version : You have a guy with flash speed to easily pick up one yard yet he was in on zero

NYG4lifeNYK
12-17-2012, 05:53 PM
Of those situations.

Instead of pitching it to Wilson or letting Wilson bounce it to the outside to pick up one yard we run Lumpkin up the middle every time.....what?

At the very least use Wilson as a damn decoy and run it up the middle with Hynoski or someone.

Buddy333
12-17-2012, 06:00 PM
Wilson is not Super Man and he is not ready yet. I don't mean to sound mean, but Wilson has some work to do in the off season. I still think he will be a good player for the Giants.

njg85m
12-17-2012, 06:19 PM
The line got completely manhandled on the play you are referring to. I really can't put that on Wilson.

However, I still go crazy at the fact that we never seem to hand off to the FB who has a much shorter distance to gain in those situations. Especially now considering that we have a FB like Hynoski.

Flip Empty
12-17-2012, 06:22 PM
They brought Wilson in to convert a 4th down and it didn't work.

Giantz4Life
12-17-2012, 06:24 PM

This.

It was our O-Line that was getting pushed around by Abraham, Babineaux, and KROY BIERMANN for god sakes.

Falcons fans were saying Biermann was the MVP of the game yesterday with all the pressure he got on Eli, even being double teamed. Pathetic.

RoanokeFan
12-17-2012, 06:29 PM
Wilson is not Super Man and he is not ready yet. I don't mean to sound mean, but Wilson has some work to do in the off season. I still think he will be a good player for the Giants. +1

bigblue999
12-17-2012, 06:33 PM
Wilson is not Super Man and he is not ready yet. I don't mean to sound mean, but Wilson has some work to do in the off season. I still think he will be a good player for the Giants.

Seriously man, I really wonder about the comments you make! Wilson is not ready for a one yarder?

bigblue999
12-17-2012, 06:33 PM
+1

GMAN2K9
12-17-2012, 06:45 PM

Bc the entire O line got blown into the backfield.. no way you can blame that on Wilson! Plus that was a run straight ahead. I think this thread is about why was Lumpkin chosen on our second failure , which was an edge run. MUCH better suited for Wilson & his speed to at least grab the 1st down even with the awful blocking

joemorrisforprez
12-17-2012, 06:49 PM
The pitch to Wilson was working.....you'd think they would have tried that once on 4th and short.

Oh well.

NYG4lifeNYK
12-17-2012, 06:49 PM

I agree he is still learning clearly but I guarantee you he picks up at least two of those three 4th down attempts. Guarantee it.

The kid gets so many yards after contact and is slippery.

It is so damn frustrating seeing a ****ing RB that has been on this team for a whopping two weeks get the same amount of carries and more important carries than our first round pick.

This coaching staff has a serious complex with trust issues. The smallest mistake and you are buried. Wilson has to play perfect or he knows he's going to get yanked. It's a little ridiculous. OK, he missed a hot route, ran the wrong route once...... guess what he's a rookie that can also change the score in a heartbeat.

XBIGBLUE5000X
12-17-2012, 06:54 PM
IMO If Gilbride or TC are going for it in 4th and 1 or 2 , I think they should off hand the ball to Hynosky specially if they gonna run the ball up the middle . or if they gonna use Wilson to run any thing please feel free to use the jumbo package it worked against CLE CAR,SF,GB and NO

GMAN2K9
12-17-2012, 07:11 PM
I agree he is still learning clearly but I guarantee you he picks up at least two of those three 4th down attempts. Guarantee it.

The kid gets so many yards after contact and is slippery.

It is so damn frustrating seeing a ****ing RB that has been on this team for a whopping two weeks get the same amount of carries and more important carries than our first round pick.

This coaching staff has a serious complex with trust issues. The smallest mistake and you are buried. Wilson has to play perfect or he knows he's going to get yanked. It's a little ridiculous. OK, he missed a hot route, ran the wrong route once...... guess what he's a rookie that can also change the score in a heartbeat.

100% agreed. And I saw it again this week, Wilson bruised his way for extra yds & a linebacker came up in obvious shoulder/arm pain. Wilson runs downhill hard AND fast.

Oh... and its amazing how coaching staff benches a young guy but when a veteran messes up non stop, they NEVER go to the bench. Biases accountability by the staff!

giantsfan420
12-17-2012, 07:17 PM
The line got completely manhandled on the play you are referring to. I really can't put that on Wilson.

However, I still go crazy at the fact that we never seem to hand off to the FB who has a much shorter distance to gain in those situations. Especially now considering that we have a FB like Hynoski.this. each time we ran and failed on 4th, and im sure a ton of 3rd downs historically, Hyno is making his block on the defender in the hole PAST the first down marker, meaning, had he had the ball, hes got a 1rst before contacting the defender. could not believe we didnt just try him on that, he seems like he could convert those. but still, the OL should be able to get enough blocks to let the rb get a friggin yard...

giantsfan420
12-17-2012, 07:21 PM
the play they did run wilson on the 4th was just terrible. it basically took away wilsons best trait, his explosion/quickness. we did a bs HB off guard run that took way too much time before wilson could turn on the boost. he couldnt do it as he was handed the ball bc he has to make sure he controls the football, and for the blocking to get in place. it was just terrible execution really. i woulda loved to see them come out in goalline formation, and do a quick toss play towards bennett. not a sweep, but a quick pitch thats in essence the same thing as the qb handing it off, only eli is able to pitch it quicker than the transfer takes place on a typical handoff, and itd give wilson the ability to explode through the LOS smh nothing went right yesterday

TheEnigma
12-17-2012, 07:30 PM
You could be Barry frecking Sanders on this team but you wouldn't see many snaps if you have little to no pass blocking skills or experience. Gilbride puts the biggest emphasis on protecting Eli and you WILL get more snaps than a more talented runner as long as you can pass protect better than the rest. This is why I'm still baffled at the fact that we have great success with finding late round RBs (and so do most teams) who show decent promise yet we felt the need to take a player who would be a project in the Gilbride scheme in the form of a 1st round RB?

Ugh, I really hope that Wilson shows enthusiasm to work with Bradshaw and Coach Ingram in the offseason to improve his pass blocking or we're just going to have to get used to his small amount of snaps in the regular season.

Hooligans
12-17-2012, 07:31 PM
Wilson wasn't in because he stinks, he fumbles and is incapable of blocking.

GMAN2K9
12-17-2012, 09:14 PM
Wilson wasn't in because he stinks, he fumbles and is incapable of blocking.

He has one fumble this year bro. How many does Bradshaw have?

Everyone needs to stop bashing the kid, esp when its unwarranted

Giantz4Life
12-17-2012, 09:40 PM
He has one fumble this year bro. How many does Bradshaw have?

Everyone needs to stop bashing the kid, esp when its unwarranted

To be fair, he also has a very minimal carry count compared to Bradshaw. So that point doesn't really mean anything.

I think he'll be a great player for us next year.

FIFTY6G-MAN
12-17-2012, 09:42 PM
Our offense is very predictable. It seemed as if the quick pitches were working well. BUT we always decide to run up the gut, where We all know we dont fair well. Wilson has the speed to get to the outside IF our blockers can just learn to DOWN block. Its not even hard to do, hit your block and maintain control for 2.4 seconds. DONE. By then he is into the secondary. Why we dont use it more with a guy like Wilson... I will never understand.....

Gilbride- "Run it into the belly of the Beast"

Eli- " Coach are you kidding me we are getting killed between the tackles"

Gilbride- " Just do it, it has to work 1 out of the last 6 times we tried, we are due"

wolverine77
12-17-2012, 09:47 PM
Wilson needs a steady amount of carries. How can he improve if not given the chance.

BigBlue1971
12-17-2012, 09:57 PM
i didnt see as much of Wilson as i thought! i mean with him i thought we'd see his explosiveness out of the back field and maybe a screen or two.

we didnt use him for what he can do! i thought he'd touch the ball at least 20 times!

he is a bit raw but still he shouldve seen more action yesterday imo! i think hes a weapon now!

GMAN2K9
12-17-2012, 10:13 PM
To be fair, he also has a very minimal carry count compared to Bradshaw. So that point doesn't really mean anything.

I think he'll be a great player for us next year.

Yeah its much smaller sample size but the rate is pretty close though...

AB - 196 carries & 3 fumbles = 65 carries btw fumbles
DW- 53 carries & 1 fumble = 1 fumble per 53 carries (and zero in last 51)

Plus, Wilson has 51 kick returns w zero fumbles.

My point is the hate/blame he gets is 100% unwarranted & annoying.
The kid is on all accts working hard & making improvements to his game. I have faith the pass blocking will improve, too, give him time & snaps!

I Hate T.O.
12-17-2012, 10:17 PM
Wilson needs a steady amount of carries. How can he improve if not given the chance.

Couldnt agree more....

NYG4lifeNYK
12-17-2012, 10:59 PM

This is exactly what I don't understand about this coaching staff..... we ABSOLUTELY ARE going to need him in the playoffs so why not give him ample carries, especially in a blowout game....

Zaggs
12-17-2012, 11:04 PM

But the OP was talking about runs to the outside. I believe that play was up the middle going behind the guard. Yes the line play, or lack there of, did not help.

I Bleed Blue 56
12-17-2012, 11:09 PM
You know what would have worked a freaking reverse sincr we never ever run them or a quick slant. Lol I really feel we wont eve know what this kid will do since we dont give him a chance. How is it rookies are shining all across the board but the Giants rookies. Is it Reese cant pick them or our lovely coaches cant coach them properly.

giantsforce
12-17-2012, 11:13 PM
This is exactly what I don't understand about this coaching staff..... we ABSOLUTELY ARE going to need him in the playoffs so why not give him ample carries, especially in a blowout game....There are many things we do not understand about this incompetent coaching staff that some here consider them as "geniuses". The lack of preparation is just beyond comprehension.

Buddy333
12-17-2012, 11:19 PM
Lol. Lots of guys don't have great rookie seasons and they turn out just fine.

NYG4lifeNYK
12-17-2012, 11:25 PM
Lol. Lots of guys don't have great rookie seasons and they turn out just fine.

I don't think anyone is doubting Wilson... well not many anyway