PDA

View Full Version : KEY TO WINNING NEXT TWO GAMES - BENCH HAKEEM NICKS

bigblue999
12-17-2012, 05:29 PM
I am a big Nicks fan, WHEN HEALTHY.

Now he is nothing more than a decoy out there...can't go up for the ball and can't run crisp outs. He is a major liability for the Giants. Knowing Eli, he will constantly throw to him with no avail.

We have talented and fresh guys at receiver - If we are creative with the offense we can have a nice underneath and over the top game with some of the guys we have....BUT we have killdrive running the offense so I doubt he can think beyond his 1980s box.

Expect Nicks to play and expect a crippled offense.

Flip Empty
12-17-2012, 05:44 PM
It won't happen. They wouldn't even temp IR him early in the season.

bigblue999
12-17-2012, 06:10 PM
It won't happen. They wouldn't even temp IR him early in the season.

It's a shame...did we not dominate the SF game without Nicks?

Buddy333
12-17-2012, 06:17 PM
To late now. They should not have played him until after the bye.

DownWitJPP
12-17-2012, 06:18 PM
Hakeem is one of my fav players...but i agree with this. He's hurt and has no speed & doesn't get any separation. He's a warrior for trying to be out there every week, but at this point hes hurting the team more than he's helping IMO

Cloud57
12-17-2012, 06:48 PM
No, we don't bench him because the Ravens defense suck, just like ours

titwio
12-18-2012, 12:09 AM
He didn't look like a decoy when he beat Atlanta's CB and safety deep. Not his fault Eli didn't hit him for a sure touchdown.

giantsfan420
12-18-2012, 12:11 AM
Hakeem is one of my fav players...but i agree with this. He's hurt and has no speed & doesn't get any separation. He's a warrior for trying to be out there every week, but at this point hes hurting the team more than he's helping IMOi gotta agree. i couldnt help but wonder what a healthy nicks would mean for our record and how the offense has looked, and also wondered if playing barden/randle/jj isnt smarter. surely we should be lowering the snaps nicks get but...?

Cool Papa B.
12-18-2012, 12:12 AM
KEY TO WINNING THE NEXT TWO GAMES?.....

STOP THE OTHER TEAMS RUNNING GAME!!!!!

GiantWarfare
12-18-2012, 12:17 AM
He didn't look like a decoy when he beat Atlanta's CB and safety deep. Not his fault Eli didn't hit him for a sure touchdown.

THIS THIS THIS

PennState1
12-18-2012, 12:22 AM
I give him credit for playing hurt and I am a big fan but having him on the field has not helped our chances of winning games. I hope he gets healthy for a long and productive future with this team and I hope he did not do more damage by continuing to play hurt. This has had a very big impact on our team this year. Look how Bennett disappeared for 5 weeks while injured. There is so much talent in the NFL and the difference between great, good and bad is so slim. I don't buy the statement that a "50% Hakeem is better than anyone else we have"

bigblue999
12-18-2012, 10:08 AM

Except a healthy Nicks would have hauled that in....you're in lala land if you thnk Nicks is playing up to his potential...he's nowhere near his old self, to the point where any scrub CB can lock him down....NICKS needs to rest and get healthy

The Giants have a tradition of bring in 50-60% healthy players like they did o'hara - while boothe was outstanding at center - only to lose and get cut from the playoffs. TC has not learned from his mistakes. OR take when fred robbins was playing with two broken hands and TC excepting great things from him?

The curse of the Giants lies in their inability to allow players to heal...they bring them in half able and they are ineffective and become more injury prone.

Flip Empty
12-18-2012, 10:11 AM
The curse of the Giants lies in their inability to allow players to heal...they bring them in half able and they are ineffective and become more injury prone.
They won't even adjust the gameplan to help an injured player. Nicks is being treated like he's healthy.

nhpgiantsfan
12-18-2012, 10:13 AM
Nicks was def a decoy when he was playing earlier in the season. Now he is not himself but he is more than just a decoy.

EliDaMANning
12-18-2012, 10:18 AM
I have been saying this since the TB game. Yes he will some decent games and some TD but overall he's not helping. There is more to it than TD and some decent yards. We need a reliable receiver on 3rd downs, play action passes, intermediate routes etc. Nicks is not that guy right now. We cannot move the ball consistently because Nicks is hogging up one side of the field and getting shut down. And Eli is too nice of a guy to just completely ignore him and look elsewhere.

Morehead State
12-18-2012, 10:24 AM
I have been saying this since the TB game. Yes he will some decent games and some TD but overall he's not helping. There is more to it than TD and some decent yards. We need a reliable receiver on 3rd downs, play action passes, intermediate routes etc. Nicks is not that guy right now. We cannot move the ball consistently because Nicks is hogging up one side of the field and getting shut down. And Eli is too nice of a guy to just completely ignore him and look elsewhere.
Nicks is still one of our best weapons on offense. Even injured like he is.
This thread is ridiculous. And the "Eli is too nice a guy to ignore him" may be the dumbest statement this year on the MB's.

ozzie0075
12-18-2012, 10:26 AM
This thread is ridiculous. And the "Eli is too nice a guy to ignore him" may be the dumbest statement this year on the MB's.

Agree 100% and there are a lot of dumb statements on the MB's this time of year.

Toadofsteel
12-18-2012, 10:47 AM

More like stop having more predictable playcalling on offense than the Ask Madden feature on the madden games...

dillyyo1972
12-18-2012, 12:07 PM

Unfortunately, we are accustomed to Hakeem being able to separate from the defender in that situation, which he clearly could not physically do. His inability to explode in any direction, at the point of making a catch, seriously hurts the offense. In most part because we know Eli is erratic with his accuracy and the injuries have stifled any timing benefit obtained from practice. Still keeps Victor under strong double coverage and Hakeem just can't do more than he is.

This team should consider using more short field safety valve schemes rather than trying to keep those guys in for protection. Time to let the deep ball mantra go in the interim while the TE, backs, etc start working us down the field.

G-Men Surg.
12-18-2012, 12:37 PM

As simple as it sounds it starts there bro, bingo !

GameTime
12-18-2012, 01:26 PM
They won't even adjust the gameplan to help an injured player. Nicks is being treated like he's healthy.

thats the freaking answer I was looking for.......thats exactly it......

pino
12-18-2012, 01:31 PM
Nicks is fine. He's not getting the ball. Eli and the Oline are playing very bad right now.

GameTime
12-18-2012, 01:34 PM
Nicks is fine. He's not getting the ball. Eli and the Oline are playing very bad right now.
Nicks is not fine.....if you have the Falcon game recorded go watch the long pass to him that missd by about 1 foot. You can see in his stride he is favoring one side.

pino
12-18-2012, 01:37 PM
Nicks is not fine.....if you have the Falcon game recorded go watch the long pass to him that missd by about 1 foot. You can see in his stride he is favoring one side.

BUT he got open didn't he? He's fine. Everyone plays with pain. He's been running his routes and getting open. It's the timing between him and Eli that concerns me.

GameTime
12-18-2012, 01:39 PM
BUT he got open didn't he? He's fine. Everyone plays with pain. He's been running his routes and getting open. It's the timing between him and Eli that concerns me.
well yes you would be correct.....but the pass missed. was it eli or was it Nicks being a step to slow then normal???

stormblue
12-18-2012, 01:41 PM
I give him credit for playing hurt and I am a big fan but having him on the field has not helped our chances of winning games. I hope he gets healthy for a long and productive future with this team and I hope he did not do more damage by continuing to play hurt. This has had a very big impact on our team this year. Look how Bennett disappeared for 5 weeks while injured. There is so much talent in the NFL and the difference between great, good and bad is so slim. I don't buy the statement that a "50% Hakeem is better than anyone else we have"

Roanoke just posted stats that show that he has not produced as well as his backups .
they are prolonging his injuries for nothing.

Morehead State
You mean the play where he got behind the secondary? That play? He can still make plays.

Yes he may be a half step slow, but Eli knows what his condition is as well.

Morehead State
Roanoke just posted stats that show that he has not produced as well as his backups .
they are prolonging his injuries for nothing.
he was hurt badly in the Tampa game and was lights out.

Buddy333
12-18-2012, 01:42 PM
well yes you would be correct.....but the pass missed. was it eli or was it Nicks being a step to slow then normal???Even on that first interception maybe Nicks grabs that ball instead if he is a step faster.

GameTime
12-18-2012, 01:44 PM
You mean the play where he got behind the secondary? That play? He can still make plays.

Yes he may be a half step slow, but Eli knows what his condition is as well.

yeah but a play like that is "I count to 5 then throw it like this" and you should be under it. How do adjust your throw to take 12 inches off the distance???
Not expemting Eli but with a 40 yard pass I dont thing any QB can adjust for 12 inches......maybe I am wrong...

Buddy333
He should have sat until after the bye. He was clearly not healthy in the 49ers game and was a non factor in all the games leading up to he bye.

Ruttiger711

Maybe if 100% healthy he would have been where the ball was placed... it was literally a football length out of reach.

...and lets not kid ourselves, even if it was caught Nicks isnt outrunning anybody until next season.

GameTime
12-18-2012, 01:45 PM
Even on that first interception maybe Nicks grabs that ball instead if he is a step faster.

you think?? was that suppose dbe a come back?? Because it was under thrown of not...

Buddy333
12-18-2012, 01:46 PM
yeah but a play like that is "I count to 5 then throw it like this" and you should be under it. How do adjust your throw to take 12 inches off the distance???Not expemting Eli but with a 40 yard pass I dont thing any QB can adjust for 12 inches......maybe I am wrong...Timing is everything and not practicing together has hurt them. Don't forget Nicks was also out most of the summer.

Buddy333
12-18-2012, 01:47 PM
you think?? was that suppose dbe a come back?? Because it was under thrown of not...Remember that thread saying they should sit him against the 49ers? People hated gay idea then. What do they think now?

pino
12-18-2012, 01:48 PM
well yes you would be correct.....but the pass missed. was it eli or was it Nicks being a step to slow then normal???

Sure we could say that a healty Nicks could have done a little more, but the fact is he was open and Eli missed him in stride. QB's aren't perfect all the time, and receivers need to make adjustments. It was a little bit both their faults. But my point is that Nicks is not playing so horrible that he needs to be benched, or that he is the cause of our woes. Our line needs to continue to protect Eli, and Eli needs to calm down and do what he does best.

Ruttiger711
12-18-2012, 01:49 PM
yeah but a play like that is "I count to 5 then throw it like this" and you should be under it. How do adjust your throw to take 12 inches off the distance???
Not expemting Eli but with a 40 yard pass I dont thing any QB can adjust for 12 inches......maybe I am wrong...

Its like when you see the qb throwing into those black barrels - 2 passes both get in the bucket, one hits the inside on the way down and the other only hits bottom. Cant tell me one isnt on target and the other isnt.

stormblue
12-18-2012, 01:49 PM
Unfortunately, we are accustomed to Hakeem being able to separate from the defender in that situation, which he clearly could not physically do. His inability to explode in any direction, at the point of making a catch, seriously hurts the offense. In most part because we know Eli is erratic with his accuracy and the injuries have stifled any timing benefit obtained from practice. Still keeps Victor under strong double coverage and Hakeem just can't do more than he is.

This team should consider using more short field safety valve schemes rather than trying to keep those guys in for protection. Time to let the deep ball mantra go in the interim while the TE, backs, etc start working us down the field.

you are making way too much sense there.
i'm starting to wonder if we even have any quick-hitter plays that are not read and react.
it's like the entire "west coast" style offense is ignored.
it's what moves the chains and scores in the red zone.

GameTime
12-18-2012, 01:51 PM
Sure we could say that a healty Nicks could have done a little more, but the fact is he was open and Eli missed him in stride. QB's aren't perfect all the time, and receivers need to make adjustments. It was a little bit both their faults. But my point is that Nicks is not playing so horrible that he needs to be benched, or that he is the cause of our woes. Our line needs to continue to protect Eli, and Eli needs to calm down and do what he does best.
I agree he doesnt need to be benched either. But if he is hurting then give him routes he can and Eli can hit on with more certainty...

GameTime
12-18-2012, 01:53 PM
Its like when you see the qb throwing into those black barrels - 2 passes both get in the bucket, one hits the inside on the way down and the other only hits bottom. Cant tell me one isnt on target and the other isnt.
yeah but is that "adjusting" your throw or making a good throw or bad throw. I guess my point is with a long bomb Eli isnt going to say "well Hakkem is hurting so I'll just take 12 inches off of this 40 yarder".

Cloud57
12-18-2012, 01:54 PM
I Wouldn't be surprise if Nicks is the same way next year, he may play great for the first couple of games and then he'll have knee/foot problems again

Ruttiger711
12-18-2012, 01:56 PM
I Wouldn't be surprise if Nicks is the same way next year, he may play great for the first couple of games and then he'll have knee/foot problems again

Injuries heal dont they? Its not like any previous injuries have come back for him.

Cloud57
12-18-2012, 01:58 PM
Injuries heal dont they? Its not like any previous injuries have come back for him.some players are more injury prone than others

bearbryant
12-18-2012, 01:59 PM
You do whats best for the team. We don't even know he condition of the knee/ leg. Watching Nicks pained expression during the game told me a lot. Having a 60% player out there doesn't give you a better chance at winning. You put the next man up in. You give the team the best chance to make plays and win. Another bad decision by the tommy. Win out and you're in! Go Giants!

Manning
12-18-2012, 02:00 PM

I thought this was great indicator of how healthy hes gotten.He flew by them, and Nicks is not a guy known for speed.

Buddy333
12-18-2012, 02:01 PM
Yeah he has had injuries, but usually he gets better owner than expected. This year th foot and knee together has been to much. He hold have been out until after the bye

nycisgreat
12-18-2012, 02:11 PM

Nicks clearly wasn't going full speed on that play. The ball was within arms reach. If he laid out for that ball, he would've caught it.

Ruttiger711
12-18-2012, 02:23 PM
Yeah he has had injuries, but usually he gets better owner than expected. This year th foot and knee together has been to much. He hold have been out until after the bye

Hindsight being 20/20, that would have been the perfect way to handle his injury this year...and the knee seemed to come out of nowhere... not to mention I think his foot may have been a non issue by now had it not gotten stepped on in the Tampa game.

stormblue
12-18-2012, 05:12 PM
Hindsight being 20/20, that would have been the perfect way to handle his injury this year...and the knee seemed to come out of nowhere... not to mention I think his foot may have been a non issue by now had it not gotten stepped on in the Tampa game.

hindsight by the coaching staff and Homers......
but many of us here posted this from week 1 ....and got ****ing hammered for it.
we said to sit him and play our other WR's and let Nicks heal so we could use
him late in the year and playoffs when it would be more important and better off
for his health.

well the homers and the coaching staff got their way.

and it's not hindsight ..it was absolute lack of foresight.....
which runs rampant around this regime.

nycsportzfan
12-18-2012, 05:24 PM
I dissagree.. Nicks has been a key contributor in both GB and NO victories.. No way u bench nicks.. U simply gotta get ELI more accurate and become more unpredictable in offensive play calling..

Ruttiger711
12-18-2012, 05:25 PM
hindsight by the coaching staff and Homers......
but many of us here posted this from week 1 ....and got ****ing hammered for it.
we said to sit him and play our other WR's and let Nicks heal so we could use
him late in the year and playoffs when it would be more important and better off
for his health.

well the homers and the coaching staff got their way.

and it's not hindsight ..it was absolute lack of foresight.....
which runs rampant around this regime.

No its definitely hindsight...

Its not like anyone was saying "we have to rest him because on the day hes closest to being 100% and having a 200 yard game his foot will get stepped on and spiked by another player in the most random way possible AND he should sit because his knee that is not injured will suddenly flare up"...

NO ONE including ANYONE here saying to IR him knew these would happen.... it was random **** and youre mistaking foresight with circular logic.

He was healthy enough to play on the injury he had as proven in the Tampa game. Had he not played we may not even be in the playoff equation.

stormblue
12-18-2012, 05:40 PM
No its definitely hindsight...

Its not like anyone was saying "we have to rest him because on the day hes closest to being 100% and having a 200 yard game his foot will get stepped on and spiked by another player in the most random way possible AND he should sit because his knee that is not injured will suddenly flare up"...

NO ONE including ANYONE here saying to IR him knew these would happen.... it was random **** and youre mistaking foresight with circular logic.

He was healthy enough to play on the injury he had as proven in the Tampa game. Had he not played we may not even be in the playoff equation.

well i said this **** week 1 and pointed out that he is also injury prone.
and got absolutely pissed on for it for pages and pages.
that is not circular logic....that is downright ****ing Nostradamus .
just because you may not have noticed it ....this was called way before the Tampa game
and whether or not , you believe it or not... we could have...would have ,,won that game with Hixon instead of Nicks.

and i'll lay a dollar to a donut that you were one of the "experts" calling me a Nicks hater
instead of heading my warning of wisdom.

Ruttiger711
12-18-2012, 05:43 PM
well i said this **** week 1 and pointed out that he is also injury prone.
and got absolutely pissed on for it for pages and pages.
that is not circular logic....that is downright ****ing Nostradamus .
just because you may not have noticed it ....this was called way before the Tampa game
and whether or not you believe it or not we could have...would have ,,won that game without Nicks.

and i'll lay a dollar to a donut that you were one of the "experts" calling me a Nicks hater
instead of heading my warning of wisdom.

Nostra-dumb-*** - i dont use the word hater - so give me a dollar AND a donut. :)

but yes i was definitely in favor of playing him when healthy... and his injury at the time - his foot only, was near healed. His play in Tampa proved it untill he got stepped on.

stormblue
12-18-2012, 05:51 PM
Nostra-dumb-*** - i dont use the word hater - so give me a dollar AND a donut. :)

but yes i was definitely in favor of playing him when healthy... and his injury at the time - his foot only, was near healed. His play in Tampa proved it untill he got stepped on.

ha-ha !! great comeback !! even if it was against me.

GameTime
12-18-2012, 05:53 PM
Too late to bench Nicks now......

harrycarson
12-18-2012, 08:28 PM
His route runnin is not crisp for sure

bigblue999
12-19-2012, 10:08 AM

What's ridiculous is your blindness ... and the pathetic coaching staff that thinks like you. Proof is in the pudding...Nicks has been nothing but a liability and takes away any chance of a decent threat by other players who are healthy...is a shame how blind people are

FlyingTruck
12-19-2012, 10:22 AM
Keys to winning next two games?

Have the team actually watch film and exploit their defenses's weaknesses.

Redskins game: Worst pass defense in the league, run against them all day until it stops working, and continue running. WTF?

Moke
12-19-2012, 10:24 AM

Now he is nothing more than a decoy out there...can't go up for the ball and can't run crisp outs. He is a major liability for the Giants. Knowing Eli, he will constantly throw to him with no avail.

We have talented and fresh guys at receiver - If we are creative with the offense we can have a nice underneath and over the top game with some of the guys we have....BUT we have killdrive running the offense so I doubt he can think beyond his 1980s box.

Really an insane idea... That just gives more opportunity to cover Cruz which is BAD.

EliDaMANning
12-19-2012, 01:08 PM
This thread is ridiculous. And the "Eli is too nice a guy to ignore him" may be the dumbest statement this year on the MB's.The point I made before the second one went way over your head. But I wouldn't expect an uneducated giant fan like you to recognize it.

Nicks is not one of our best weapons on offense when he's not healthy. He cannot even get open LOL. Are you watching the games or just listening to them on the radio? The dude is never open. Get off your high horses you clown.

EliDaMANning
12-19-2012, 01:10 PM
What's ridiculous is your blindness ... and the pathetic coaching staff that thinks like you. Proof is in the pudding...Nicks has been nothing but a liability and takes away any chance of a decent threat by other players who are healthy...is a shame how blind people areNicks has been useless in 3rd and longs. I don't know where he disappeared to.

Morehead State
12-19-2012, 01:13 PM
The point I made before the second one went way over your head. But I wouldn't expect an uneducated giant fan like you to recognize it.

Nicks is not one of our best weapons on offense when he's not healthy. He cannot even get open LOL. Are you watching the games or just listening to them on the radio? The dude is never open. Get off your high horses you clown.
While I enjoy your personal insults..it still doesn't change the fact that, even in his current condition, Nicks is still a weapon that we need on the field.

stormblue
12-19-2012, 02:08 PM
Hixon jumps higher , runs faster , catches more passes per target , averages more yards per catch.and only one drop all year.
oh , wait....the same can be said for Randle and Barden too....
but Nicks should start....so Eli can try and force it in there and waste another play.
sigh....

RoanokeFan
12-19-2012, 02:26 PM
Here's what I'd like to see them try. Put Barden on the inactive list, start Cruz, Hixon with Randle as the # 3 with Nicks suited up and available. If they can move the ball with Cruz, Hixon, Bennett, and Randle, leave Nicks out. If they can't put him in.

Nicks is not going to get "healthy" before the Super Bowl but more rest may help. If it's not detrimental to making the playoffs, I'd like him to rest until the first playoff game.

TC's not answering my page, Hmmmmmm

Morehead State
12-19-2012, 02:32 PM
Hixon jumps higher , runs faster , catches more passes per target , averages more yards per catch.and only one drop all year.
oh , wait....the same can be said for Randle and Barden too....
but Nicks should start....so Eli can try and force it in there and waste another play.
sigh....
Nicks makes plays. He was on one leg vs. Tampa and played like a Hall of Famer.
Jumping higher is interesting but it says nothing about the subtleties of being a top NFL WR. Which is what Nicks is.

stormblue
12-19-2012, 02:37 PM
Here's what I'd like to see them try. Put Barden on the inactive list, start Cruz, Hixon with Randle as the # 3 with Nicks suited up and available. If they can move the ball with Cruz, Hixon, Bennett, and Randle, leave Nicks out. If they can't put him in.

Nicks is not going to get "healthy" before the Super Bowl but more rest may help. If it's not detrimental to making the playoffs, I'd like him to rest until the first playoff game.

TC's not answering my page, Hmmmmmm

i know RF , WTF....you tow the company line and always have management's back.....
but every time you drop something in the suggestion box ...they hit you with the iggy button.
it just ain't right man.

dezzzR
12-19-2012, 02:38 PM
Jumping higher is interesting but it says nothing about the subtleties of being a top NFL WR. Which is what Nicks is.Yes he did but I think he might have aggravated his foot even further. He hasnt put up a performance anywhere close to that game since.

RoanokeFan
12-19-2012, 02:44 PM
i know RF , WTF....you tow the company line and always have management's back.....
but every time you drop something in the suggestion box ...they hit you with the iggy button.
it just ain't right man.

Everybody wants the team to succeed. The age old question of is the injured star as good on the field as a healthy understudy is complicated. My biggest concern now is that most teams can relax the double coverage on Nicks who is clearly hobbled.

That's not to say he's ineffective. It could well be the thought process that as soon as they relax coverage, strike while the iron is ho. He doesn't have to be a speed demon to catch a well thrown pass behind the defender(s).

I don't know if sitting out two more games will help him get "better." But I do think it's worth a try if he's on the sidelines ready to step up if we're in need.

stormblue
12-19-2012, 02:45 PM
Jumping higher is interesting but it says nothing about the subtleties of being a top NFL WR. Which is what Nicks is.

the most detrimental part of it is that Eli trusts him so much he forces it to him
when he's not open , or the coverage has him blanketed....i know that Eli's idiosyncrasies aren't Hakeem's fault..
but he isn't healthy enough to be the beast he normally is and make up for Eli's inaccuracy and bad timing .

Morehead State
12-19-2012, 02:48 PM
the most detrimental part of it is that Eli trusts him so much he forces it to him
when he's not open , or the coverage has him blanketed....i know that Eli's idiosyncrasies aren't Hakeem's fault..
but he isn't healthy enough to be the beast he normally is and make up Eli's inaccuracy and bad timing .
Didn't Nicks beat the Atlanta secondary in the first quarter? Wasn't he past the corner and safety and Eli missed him. I'm not blaming Eli because it happens, but Nicks made the play he needed to.

Buddy333
12-19-2012, 02:52 PM
This is still going on? They are not sitting at this point. They lost that chance back when they payed the 49ers.

stormblue
12-19-2012, 02:53 PM
Didn't Nicks beat the Atlanta secondary in the first quarter? Wasn't he past the corner and safety and Eli missed him. I'm not blaming Eli because it happens, but Nicks made the play he needed to.

a heathy Nicks or Hixon might have got it.
that is the point .

freeoscar
12-19-2012, 02:56 PM
This is all related, but I have been very surprised this year that Eli wasn't able to develop a consistent 3rd WR threat. Hixon, Randel, Barden, no one has really developed as a go to guy for Eli. I do have high hopes in the longer term for Randel. He has shown me the most potential of those three.

stormblue
12-19-2012, 02:56 PM
This is still going on? They are not sitting at this point. They lost that chance back when they payed the 49ers.

do we really need him to beat the Ravens and Eagles ?
i'm not a doctor...but wouldn't 2 weeks off help ?

Buddy333
12-19-2012, 02:59 PM
What have they shown lately that says they can beat either of those teams without him? He is hurt, but is probably till better than th rookie at this point and they lost this chance to sit him. They need all they can get to beat the Eagle.

RoanokeFan
12-19-2012, 03:00 PM
What have they shown lately that says they can beat either of those teams without him? He is hurt, but is probably till better than th rookie at this point and they lost this chance to sit him. They need all they can get to beat the Eagle.

Last week the best WR we had was Hixon

stormblue
12-19-2012, 03:01 PM
This is all related, but I have been very surprised this year that Eli wasn't able to develop a consistent 3rd WR threat. Hixon, Randel, Barden, no one has really developed as a go to guy for Eli. I do have high hopes in the longer term for Randel. He has shown me the most potential of those three.

Hixon is only 30 yards behind Manningham's 16 game production last year.....with 23 less targets.
he is a 100% bona fide #3....imo....

Morehead State
12-19-2012, 03:04 PM
Hixon is only 30 yards behind Manningham's 16 game production last year.....with 23 less targets.
he is a 100% bona fide #3....imo....
No question that Hixon is a good #3 WR.

RoanokeFan
12-19-2012, 03:08 PM

From an article in today's news thread:

Excerpt: "There weren’t that many to speak of, but there were a few, and I’ll start with one of the underrated ones, receiver Domenik Hixon. You might not have noticed but Hixon finished as the team’s leader in receptions with five and receiving yards with 80. In fact Hixon leads all receivers (and I include tight end Martellus Bennett) in terms of reliability in that he’s caught a team high 68% of the passes targeted for him (based on 50 or more pass targets).

That’s some clutch performances by Hixon, who in this week’s game also made a wise decision on his lone punt return to call for a fair catch and who otherwise made a smart move by letting another punt bounce into the end zone, except a penalty moved the ball back from the 20 to the 10."

rainierjef
12-19-2012, 04:30 PM
Hixon has always been a #2 talented receiver, you can even argue he would be a #1 on most teams. It's just his injury history, wish he were more durable or that there is no recurrence.

RoanokeFan
12-19-2012, 04:33 PM
Hixon has always been a #2 talented receiver, you can even argue he would be a #1 on most teams. It's just his injury history, wish he were more durable or that there is no recurrence.

If he gets through this year without a serious injury, he may be even better next season. He has always been underrated because of his injuries. Most impressive this year is he leads all team receivers in percentage of targeted passes caught and yards per catch.

ELI_HOF_NYG
12-19-2012, 04:38 PM

the real problem is the play calling, the OL, misuse of players, and lack of defensive intensity and heart.

the play calling needs to be unpredictable and match our players skill set.

the OL just has to get nasty,,just like ricky vaughn in major league.

and the team has to show up and play like they care,,we are playing like chumps,,not champs right now.

G-MANning4Life
12-19-2012, 06:03 PM

This right here! Nicks hasn't been the most consistent, but neither has the team as a whole. We cannot put blame on one player as the KEY reason why we are not doing well.

RoanokeFan
12-19-2012, 06:27 PM
This right here! Nicks hasn't been the most consistent, but neither has the team as a whole. We cannot put blame on one player as the KEY reason why we are not doing well.

Nobody's blaming Nicks for the losses.

Morehead State
12-19-2012, 06:49 PM
the real problem is the play calling, the OL, misuse of players, and lack of defensive intensity and heart.

the play calling needs to be unpredictable and match our players skill set.

the OL just has to get nasty,,just like ricky vaughn in major league.

and the team has to show up and play like they care,,we are playing like chumps,,not champs right now.

If there is a problem its that we just aren't as good right now. Our core players are slowly aging and its time to start the process of replacing them. Our O line is getting old, our secondary can't stay on the field, and the one guy who does , Webby, is starting to decline. Our #1 RB can't stay on the field. Our D line has players who are in decline. Our MLB is a guy we picked back up last year in November off the street. And our QB is playing with less confidence and is making poor decisions.

Maybe we're just struggling to compete for reasons that have nothing to do with coaching, scheme or heart.

byron
12-19-2012, 09:30 PM
If there is a problem its that we just aren't as good right now. Our core players are slowly aging and its time to start the process of replacing them. Our O line is getting old, our secondary can't stay on the field, and the one guy who does , Webby, is starting to decline. Our #1 RB can't stay on the field. Our D line has players who are in decline. Our MLB is a guy we picked back up last year in November off the street. And our QB is playing with less confidence and is making poor decisions.

Maybe we're just struggling to compete for reasons that have nothing to do with coaching, scheme or heart. I have been saying for awhile now we have a lot of players that just can't stay on the field..It really is I think a little bit of everything you just posted....When you enter in the money at least my thinking is you hope to get your guaranteed money out of a player so some of these players end hanging around till the money is spent ...After that depending on how well a player is playing and doing physically "and I'm sure there are other factors" tough discessions have to be made and are....look at S. Smith, BJ, MM..and so on.....This off season will be no different I have some ideas on what we might see but this is not the time...We all get upset win the team loses let alone loses like they did last week and we want to blame somebody.....The reality is the big picture as you just posted ...little bit of everything is happening..... we really can't and probably shouldn't knock what these players and coaches have given us fans....hell of it is they get old ,injured and in many cases cased off after playing their asses of for us.......I'm as guilty as anyone when it comes to pissing and moaning after a loss...some day I'll learn maybe ......anyhow I liked your thinking on this one MH