PDA

View Full Version : Jpp has a fathal flow that has always been present

experto
12-17-2012, 06:38 PM
He has great athleticism and natural strength,but he doesn't get off the snap quick enough.He has the same flow as Gholston had.He got by last year on single lineman where he could get off quickly.He will never get by double teams due to his slow get off.We desperately need to address pass rush cause our best one is Osi and he's nearly done.

experto
12-17-2012, 06:39 PM
That is why Jpp was a project and that's why people thought he could bust.1 good year doesn't mean anything.

Flip Empty
12-17-2012, 06:42 PM
"fatal flaw", you mean?

Harooni
12-17-2012, 06:42 PM
I see a flaw

B-Red22
12-17-2012, 06:45 PM
He has great athleticism and natural strength,but he doesn't get off the snap quick enough.He has the same flow as Gholston had.He got by last year on single lineman where he could get off quickly.He will never get by double teams due to his slow get off.We desperately need to address pass rush cause our best one is Osi and he's nearly done.

U need to watch more game tape, I have seen JPP beat double teams a number of times

experto
12-17-2012, 06:48 PM
Then explain to me why Jpp has 0 sacks past 5 games and what 6 the whole year? He had 16.5 last year.Now that's a 10 sack reduction holly crap.

experto
12-17-2012, 06:49 PM
This is Jpp's 3rd year actually as he was here in 2010 though used mainly in nascar looks...etc.He has declined this year and if he can't solve double teams,his legacy may be underachiever.No biasing here,everybody has scene he's been invisible.

JMGGIANTS
12-17-2012, 06:50 PM
"fatal flaw", you mean?
I guess LOL

Giantz4Life
12-17-2012, 06:52 PM
Then explain to me why Jpp has 0 sacks past 5 games and what 6 the whole year? He had 16.5 last year.Now that's a 10 sack reduction holly crap.

Pretty easy for teams to double and even triple JPP when Tuck and Osi are invisible and can't beat their one vs. one matchups. That is the big difference you are seeing, IMO.

sharick88
12-17-2012, 06:52 PM
Has the idea that he is out there playing hurt ever came across your mind, OP? He has been on the injury report for a while now.

Broadway Blue
12-17-2012, 06:53 PM
JPP is still young and not in his prime yet

RoanokeFan
12-17-2012, 06:55 PM
He has great athleticism and natural strength,but he doesn't get off the snap quick enough.He has the same flow as Gholston had.He got by last year on single lineman where he could get off quickly.He will never get by double teams due to his slow get off.We desperately need to address pass rush cause our best one is Osi and he's nearly done. Probably a urinary tract infection

RoanokeFan
12-17-2012, 06:56 PM
Has the idea that he is out there playing hurt ever came across your mind, OP? He has been on the injury report for a while now. Cowboys' fan

B-Red22
12-17-2012, 06:56 PM

Ok so ur.logic is if he has done it before he should do it again? Strahan got 22.5 y didn't he just do that every year?

WiIdcat
12-17-2012, 06:57 PM

omg people are so dumb. Doesn't get off the snap quick enough?!?! Read these scouting reports:

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2010jpierrepaul.php
http://draftbreakdown.com/scouting-report-jason-pierre-paul
http://draftboardinsider.com/cgi-bin/prospect.cgi?id=1098
http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/jason-pierre-paul?id=496843

Every single one talks about his explosiveness off the ball. In fact that was one of his greatest strengths coming out of college.

JPP is rated as the 2nd best overall DE in the league this year by PFF thanks to his 1st ranked run defense attribute. To put how good he has been at defending the run into perspective, he is only the 13th best pass rushing DE but still the 2nd best overall. JPP is one of THE BEST players in the league. Don't ever mention bust and JPP in the same sentence again.

Ntegrase96
12-17-2012, 06:58 PM
JPP doesn't really have many flaws. He may not be the best pass rusher out there, but he's good enough and he's outstandingly strong in run support. Yes, the greats are able to blow through double teams in pass rushing situations, but I'm not 100% sure that's what they're asking JPP to do at the moment.

He's a hell of an athlete and natural talent, but he's still growing too. I don't see flaws with this kid at all.

sharick88
12-17-2012, 07:01 PM
Cowboys' fan

Obviously so. No way one of our own could be that "slow".

experto
12-17-2012, 07:05 PM
Has the idea that he is out there playing hurt ever came across your mind, OP? He has been on the injury report for a while now. Possible.I have studied his film this year in games and he's been coming off the snap slow.He is argueably the most gifted talent in the nfl at de with Aldon Smith,but he has came off slow.I have seen flashes where he jumps off the screen last year,not this.Most top de/olb are good because they have the good initial burst.

experto
12-17-2012, 07:08 PM
Here is a prime example vs Philly earlier in the year,he was matched up with Dunlap at ot who can't block and had 0 sacks.That is alarming.

giantsfan420
12-17-2012, 07:12 PM
omg people are so dumb. Doesn't get off the snap quick enough?!?! Read these scouting reports:

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2010jpierrepaul.php
http://draftbreakdown.com/scouting-report-jason-pierre-paul
http://draftboardinsider.com/cgi-bin/prospect.cgi?id=1098
http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/jason-pierre-paul?id=496843

Every single one talks about his explosiveness off the ball. In fact that was one of his greatest strengths coming out of college.

JPP is rated as the 2nd best overall DE in the league this year by PFF thanks to his 1st ranked run defense attribute. To put how good he has been at defending the run into perspective, he is only the 13th best pass rushing DE but still the 2nd best overall. JPP is one of THE BEST players in the league. Don't ever mention bust and JPP in the same sentence again.yeah. dunno what the OP is talkin bout

WiIdcat
12-17-2012, 07:12 PM
Possible.I have studied his film this year in games and he's been coming off the snap slow.He is argueably the most gifted talent in the nfl at de with Aldon Smith,but he has came off slow.I have seen flashes where he jumps off the screen last year,not this.Most top de/olb are good because they have the good initial burst.

LOL you've "studied" his film this year. PFF studies every player, on every play, of every game and rated him as the 13th best pass rushing DE in the league and number 1 in run defense. So explain to me how he isn't good this year.

giantsfan420
12-17-2012, 07:14 PM
and i dunno what ur watching but he gets off the LOS at the snap with great bursts. teams have made it priority one to contain JPP. he hasnt had the sack numbers, but he still pressures the QB a bunch and is in no way any danger of being "a bust"

slipknottin
12-17-2012, 07:22 PM
JPP has been better this year, IMO. Just doesnt have the sack numbers.

But last season he did not have that many pressures/hits, it just seemed that every time he got in the backfield it ended in a sack.

Fewell lining him up wide and having him jam the TE every play doesnt help the pass rush either.

JPP does get off late quite a bit, he did that often in college too. Hes better, but has a ways to go. Its not a physical thing though, when he decides to go he is plenty explosive (as was gholston).

Imgrate
12-17-2012, 07:22 PM
Ive actually noticed this too. He always seem to be lined up pretty much in the neutral zone and a majority of the time is the last off the bal. Of course, osi is almost always the first off the ball and its not doing him much good