PDA

View Full Version : Giants' Season Finale Moved To 4:25 P.M.

RoanokeFan
12-17-2012, 07:59 PM
http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/giantsblog/giants_season_finale_moved_to_tnl1c9zve9OchhTurRCe 0K#axzz2FMPu0ZWJ

Excerpt: "The Giants’ season finale, against the Eagles at MetLife Stadium on Sunday, Dec. 30, has been flexed from a 1 p.m. start to 4:25 p.m.

The league still has the option to move the game to the Sunday night slot." Read more...

AllHailEli
12-17-2012, 08:10 PM
Interesting. Wonder if the Redskins/Dallas game stays at 1pm or take the Sunday night game. If they both win next week, I think that game will be very interesting.

ebick
12-17-2012, 08:16 PM
Interesting. Wonder if the Redskins/Dallas game stays at 1pm or take the Sunday night game. If they both win next week, I think that game will be very interesting.

Gotta be one they are looking for SNF

BigBlueAllDay
12-17-2012, 08:33 PM
Week 17 is all divisional games. The NFL is bound to always find some interesting game with playoff implications for the night slot. Come to think of it, it was a good strategy by them to limit the amount of meaningless games at the end to keep up viewership and ticket sales. The type of game they really want put in the night slot is the winner moves on and the loser gets knocked out game, which exactly described the Cowboys at Giants game last season. This season, it may very well be that Redskins vs. Cowboys game if the 3-way tie gets to Week 17. No one is gonna give a hoot about the eliminated Eagles.

Antwuan
12-17-2012, 09:37 PM
I love it.

Now I might have a better chance of watching the game.

Die-Hard
12-17-2012, 09:40 PM
I'd be shocked if the Skins-Dal game wasn't flexed to SNF. I really dont want the Giants in prime time, especially after yesterday, and with pretty much the entire season on the line. They can't be trusted to beat Philly, no matter how awful Philly is.

M00KIE
12-18-2012, 07:15 AM
You would think they would wait...If we lose to Baltimore it's a garbage game with 2 teams packing up.

Flip Empty
12-18-2012, 07:23 AM
You would think they would wait...If we lose to Baltimore it's a garbage game with 2 teams packing up.
The decision has to be made at least 12 days prior to the game in question.

They can't be trusted to beat Philly, no matter how awful Philly is.
Indeed. Andy Reid would love nothing better than to end the Giants' season one last time.

Ruttiger711
12-18-2012, 07:24 AM
They can't be trusted to beat Philly, no matter how awful Philly is.

Too true.

BlueJayC
12-18-2012, 08:22 AM
The decision has to be made at least 12 days prior to the game in question.

Indeed. Andy Reid would love nothing better than to end the Giants' season one last time.

Pretty sure the last week of the season you don't need the 12 days notice.......like the Giants/Cowboys game last year was flexed one week out.

"In week #17, they can announce a change only 6 days or more in advance to ensure the best possible matchup." - http://www.sportsgeekery.com/19663/how-nfl-flex-scheduling-works/

I hate 4pm games.......the Giants have only had three 1pm home games this year.....

Antwuan
12-18-2012, 08:53 AM
I'd be shocked if the Skins-Dal game wasn't flexed to SNF. I really dont want the Giants in prime time, especially after yesterday, and with pretty much the entire season on the line. They can't be trusted to beat Philly, no matter how awful Philly is.

+1

I like that it was changed to 4:25p.m.

Flip Empty
12-18-2012, 09:08 AM
"In week #17, they can announce a change only 6 days or more in advance to ensure the best possible matchup." -
Huh. Didn't know that. It does make you wonder why they're jumping the gun, then.

Cool Papa B.
12-18-2012, 09:48 AM
I'm surprised that they are announcing this now. I thought they would wait until next weeks NFCE games are done.

BlueJayC
12-18-2012, 10:33 AM
I think the reason they're announcing it now is to get the most competitive games with playoff implications at each time slot......the six days notice only applies to one of the games on the schedule all others the twelve day rule applies.......meaning they can't shuffle every game in week 17 up with only six days notice so they're getting them in line now with potentially moving another to the night slot next week.

My guess is either the Skins/Boys game or the Bengals/Ravens game will get the night slot as either could be for a division championship.

Fan Since 1963
12-18-2012, 10:38 AM
The NFL TV contract does not allow for the Giants and the Jets to play at the same time. With absolutely no one caring about the Jets-Bills game, they left that to be seen by no-one at 1PM. They then had to switch the Giants to 4:25 so as to not conflict with the Jets. If the Giants game is the most meaningful game on the 30th, they can then flex it to 8:30 on the Monday after the Baltimore game. We should only hope our game is that meaningful. Right now, the change in time has absolutely nothing to do with anything other than when they wanted the Jets to play at 1PM.

dezzzR
12-18-2012, 10:40 AM
ughhhh...

Fan Since 1963
12-18-2012, 10:45 AM
Agreed. As a season ticket holder since 1963, I would prefer anything other than the 4:25 game. That messes up my ability to watch either the 1 or 8:30 games.

Jet-Blue
12-18-2012, 10:50 AM
It's funny how the Giants Site or NFL.com hasn't listed the changes yet.

Fan Since 1963
12-18-2012, 10:53 AM
I don't think any Giants fan wants to hear that the reason we had to have our game moved was due to the absolutely horrible JETS (Just End The Seasons)

Mr.TRUEBLUE
12-18-2012, 10:56 AM
That's good I think ...

I think nyG play better at 4 p.m. slot anyway? I got worried when I saw the ATL game was 1 p.m.

Fan Since 1963
12-18-2012, 11:00 AM
Yes, you might be right about them playing better at 4:25, however if we had beaten a horrible Pittsburgh team at 4:25, we wouldn't be in the mess we are currently in.

Jet-Blue
12-19-2012, 09:18 PM
It's funny how the Giants Site or NFL.com hasn't listed the changes yet.

Has anyone seen this confirmed on any other sites? It's still listed at 1:00 PM on NFL.com. The change does make sense, but the source "The NY POST" is questionable!

giantsfan420
12-19-2012, 09:40 PM
i have this bad feeling theyre gonna start vick/mccoy for one last hoo-ra...not that we cant beat them its just everyones been playing the foles/UDFA RB eagles so itd only make sense that in the season finale that could have the playoffs on the line is against philly at its best roster wise

Jet-Blue
12-24-2012, 09:15 AM
Has anyone seen this confirmed on any other sites? It's still listed at 1:00 PM on NFL.com. The change does make sense, but the source "The NY POST" is questionable!

I guess "The NY POST" got ahead of itself. Looks like both the Jets and the Giants are at 1 PM. That doesn't happen to often.