PDA

View Full Version : Core Players not as Hungry any more.

Tmurda1984
12-17-2012, 10:02 PM
Im sorry but this team does not seem motivated every single week. They seem like they are already satisfied winning the 2 superbowls and they pick and choose which sundays they play. Do not get me wrong, winning 2 superbowls is an incredible feat...but to comeback and let your fans down they pay their hard earned money on games, DirectTV and take time out there day to watch them, is just wrong. Fans appreciate the 2 Superbowls and we root for these guys every single week...they way we lost to the Bengals was entirely on effort.

Your Coach tried to convert three 4th and inches to fire up or offense....and our offensive line did not fire out there stance at all on ALL 3 plays. We have young guys not taking advantage of their opportunities. Where was Rolle this week, instead of running your mouth after losses do it on a weekly basis even after we win. I sick of listening to Eli Manning's postgame where he explains how we let plays out there on the field....WELL LETS GET THEM FIX and WHY ARE YOU MISSING RECEIVERS DOWN THE FIELD.

This team is soft physically and mentally. Im starting to think the core guys are already satisfied with their rings. Look at Jacobs...because he has two rings he thinks he should be given a role in that offense. Then as a slap in the face to his organization, he posts pictures of his Superbowl days as a Giant...HOW CONCEITED IS THAT? Your team is winning the NFC West, and you get yourself suspended...I bet hes not only 2 time Superbowl champ that thinks like this.

ALLnygIN
12-17-2012, 10:56 PM
Theres been to many mental miscues on both sides of the balls. Thats both on the coaches and players. Also, when we are down late in games or struggling against certian offenses and defense we haven't been able to adapt or improvise very well. Offensivly, our wide outs can't seem to get seperation, our oline is inconsistant they've had decent games and some really bad ones. Eli is having a hard time becuase he's getting pressure alot and our recivers are dropping balls, not getting open or eli throws a ball erratically. On the other hand we've had brilliant games, but it's been a nasty 2nd half they looked great early in the season.. its been a mess. Things really need to be addressed with this team, some changes if we wish to stay contenders in the years to come. With all of this it makes you wonder is it lack of preperation? Players not playign with all of the heart and intensity? Neglatecting the other side of football i.e film and prep? I don't know but I see your point.

ALLnygIN
12-17-2012, 11:02 PM
They play good football only when they want to. Thats the only way you explain a blowout in san francisco.. to the debacle in atlanta. i mean no freaking points.. c'mon.

GameTime
12-17-2012, 11:10 PM
it is odd that they are so up and down.....

dont get it

giantsfan420
12-17-2012, 11:14 PM
it is odd that they are so up and down.....

dont get iti honestly have begun thinking its the gameplans. we hear about these great weeks of practices and then duds on sundays. it would explain why we've been so hit or miss over the years to an extent too. teams get enough tape to understand our schemes, we dont adjust, and thus, are constantly behind the 8 ball. Last years run was as much as it was the coaches modifying their scheme as it was getting guys back healthy.

Toadofsteel
12-17-2012, 11:22 PM
It's like the Yankees this year. The players that have won with this team have no desire to do anything other than go through the motions, while it's the newcomers (rookies and FA vets) that actually care at all...

NYfanatic
12-17-2012, 11:33 PM
The team needs a new voice. Look at what Mike Woodson has done to the Knicks. He hold players accountable and plans well. You see the results. Mike No D antoni lost the team last year like he has lost the lakers this year. Girardi on the yanks has lost the team, he is a pushover. Won solely on talent overcoming coaching in the 09 season. Coughlin is too basic. Has spurts of coaching ability when the players play to their potential (usually thanks to someone outside the organization...Strahan) but like now they tune him out. We need a new voice just like the yankees should get. This team should be in the playoffs each year and winning 10+ games a year. Not missing the playoffs and never winning more then 10 games beside 08. A different coach would make the gmen be a 08 regular season team every year.

NYfanatic
12-17-2012, 11:35 PM
It's like the Yankees this year. The players that have won with this team have no desire to do anything other than go through the motions, while it's the newcomers (rookies and FA vets) that actually care at all... I know Jeter, Mo, Pettite do care. Its Arod, Cano, Grandy, Swisher that dont show up and care in the playoffs. Rid the team of those cancers that care about the $ only. Sadly if all Cano cares about is getting paid next year trade him. Those Josh Hamiltons/Arods/pujols dont always work out on a new team. Same thing with the gmen, if guys like Tuck and Osi..etc dont care enough in the regular season, then they dont deserve to be a Giant any longer. Trade them, let them walk.. Get players that want to win.

ALLnygIN
12-17-2012, 11:38 PM
I'm not saying that coughlin isn't holding his players accountable becuase I know he is, but really he's got to get in the heads of his veterans to step up more and act like it. I mean Rolle has been about the only vet on the defense that has played solid and with intensity each and every game. Prince and brown have played well, but they're still young.

joemorrisforprez
12-18-2012, 12:36 AM
I'm not saying that coughlin isn't holding his players accountable becuase I know he is, but really he's got to get in the heads of his veterans to step up more and act like it. I mean Rolle has been about the only vet on the defense that has played solid and with intensity each and every game. Prince and brown have played well, but they're still young.

These next two weeks will answer questions about leadership.

If Tuck and Osi still have some gas in the tank, we'll find out on Sunday.

Toadofsteel
12-18-2012, 12:42 AM
I know Jeter, Mo, Pettite do care. Its Arod, Cano, Grandy, Swisher that dont show up and care in the playoffs. Rid the team of those cancers that care about the $ only. Sadly if all Cano cares about is getting paid next year trade him. Those Josh Hamiltons/Arods/pujols dont always work out on a new team. Same thing with the gmen, if guys like Tuck and Osi..etc dont care enough in the regular season, then they dont deserve to be a Giant any longer. Trade them, let them walk.. Get players that want to win.

Yeah. Eli cares (although he gets into that funk a little too easily, a bit like Jeter). I'd rather lose due to a lack of talent than a lack of effort. Tuck and Osi in particular...

BurnerNYG
12-18-2012, 02:46 AM
Don't worry, they'll get hungry again once they see another team holding up that trophy.