PDA

View Full Version : Does it speak volumes that Gilbride has won 2 SB's yet hasn't been offered a HC job?

NYG4lifeNYK
12-17-2012, 10:30 PM
I think it absolutely does.

Think about it....

How the hell does a guy on such a popular respected organization never land a head coaching opportunity somewhere be it NFL or college?

7 years..... 7 years he's been our OC and before that he was our QB coach for three years. Hes been here 10 years and hasn't landed anywhere.

gmen0820
12-17-2012, 10:33 PM
And what does that tell you?

GameTime
12-17-2012, 10:35 PM
uhh....so what...

jax5338
12-17-2012, 10:39 PM
he will be a HC in 2014 of the new expansion team : the "Oklahoma Shotgun Draws"

joemorrisforprez
12-17-2012, 10:49 PM
he will be a HC in 2014 of the new expansion team : the "Oklahoma Shotgun Draws"

LMAO!

The Chattanooga Lumpkins might have an opening for him.

Chris Christie
12-17-2012, 10:49 PM
It's because his play calling stinks! Let's face the facts people.

GiantGremlin
12-17-2012, 10:50 PM

Think about it....

How the hell does a guy on such a popular respected organization never land a head coaching opportunity somewhere be it NFL or college?

7 years..... 7 years he's been our OC and before that he was our QB coach for three years. Hes been here 10 years and hasn't landed anywhere.

Yeah, not too impressive, however I'd rather win a few SB's w/a mediocre OC than none with a good one.

gmen0820
12-17-2012, 10:52 PM
LMAO!

The Chattanooga Lumpkins might have an opening for him.Ahh the Lumpkins, where third and one warrants a 60 yard bomb to whomever is the slowest receiver on the team.

Or a shotgun draw.

TheShouldersOf
12-18-2012, 01:39 AM
how can anyone not see his lack of Creativity, or really lack of any talents with schemes and play calling,

the Superbowl rings have blinded people

Drez
12-18-2012, 01:51 AM
No. How many HC jobs has **** LeBeau been offered lately?

joemorrisforprez
12-18-2012, 01:55 AM
No. How many HC jobs has **** LeBeau been offered lately?

I think LeBeau isn't looking for any HC jobs anymore.

LeBeau is a tremendous coordinator....probably the best in the league.....he's gotten the most out of the aging Steeler defense, that's for sure..

Drez
12-18-2012, 01:58 AM
I think LeBeau isn't looking for any HC jobs anymore.

LeBeau is a tremendous coordinator....probably the best in the league.....he's gotten the most out of the aging Steeler defense, that's for sure..

All I'm saying is some guys aren't cut out to be HC's. LeBeau and Gilbride being two of them (both having had failed miserably in their previous HC experiences). As such, I don't think that you can infer anything from teams' lack of interest in KG as a HC to infer what they think of his abilities as a coordinator. Being good at one does not entail being good at the other.

I'm sure if KG were fired after the season, he'd have an OC gig next season if he so desired.

Marvelousmik
12-18-2012, 02:10 AM

lmao

M00KIE
12-18-2012, 07:07 AM

How exactly can you possibly say that when you have NO idea what plays he's calling? Eli can run plays at will.

nygfanmaybe
12-18-2012, 07:10 AM
Wow...I just asked the same question in another thread! Weird. It's gotta tell you something, though.

BlueJayC
12-18-2012, 08:32 AM
Worse yet is it's not like he doesn't want to be a head coach......he's interviewed for openings a 1,000 times just never got an offer.....that tells you something.....Lebeau on the other hand doesn't interview and is content at D Coordinator........Gilbride has and doesn't have whatever "it" is to be offered a position.

Let's not forget he was a head coach already for the Chargers.....for a whopping 1.5 seasons and was fired midway - http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=861&dat=19981014&id=miNIAAAAIBAJ&sjid=LoEMAAAAIBAJ&pg=6277,3817861

domfin
12-18-2012, 08:51 AM
LeBeau is too old to be offered a HC job.

gumby74
12-18-2012, 08:59 AM
i think age has to do with it also. it's a very stressful job.

Buddy333
12-18-2012, 08:59 AM
Who replaces a two time Super Bowl winning OC?

BlueJayC
12-18-2012, 09:07 AM

Anybody off the street with a PS3 and Madden playbook.

OX1
12-18-2012, 09:13 AM

You can't say it never worked. I think it worked very well last year.
Rogers comment "I can't cover that option route all day"
on Cruz. But guess what, they adjusted second half and mostly
shut down Cruz. Killdrive almost never adjusts, especially globally
over the years.

Drez
12-18-2012, 10:16 AM
Worse yet is it's not like he doesn't want to be a head coach......he's interviewed for openings a 1,000 times just never got an offer.....that tells you something.....Lebeau on the other hand doesn't interview and is content at D Coordinator........Gilbride has and doesn't have whatever "it" is to be offered a position.

Let's not forget he was a head coach already for the Chargers.....for a whopping 1.5 seasons and was fired midway - http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=861&dat=19981014&id=miNIAAAAIBAJ&sjid=LoEMAAAAIBAJ&pg=6277,3817861
And what was LeBeau's record as HC of the Bengals? (It was 12-33, in case you were wondering).

And as I've said, some guys aren't cut out to be HCs. That doesn't mean that they aren't good coordinators.

Toadofsteel
12-18-2012, 10:27 AM
And what was LeBeau's record as HC of the Bengals? (It was 12-33, in case you were wondering).

And as I've said, some guys aren't cut out to be HCs. That doesn't mean that they aren't good coordinators.

The problem is that Gilbride is also a bad coordinator...

VBGiantsFan
12-18-2012, 10:29 AM
Gilbride has one kind of offense and refuses to adjust. He is going to attack downfield and attack downfield and attack downfield.

He will sometimes mix in a second down shotgun draw, but then it's just attack downfield. He doesn't customize his plans like other teams, a la the Patriots to attack another teams weaknesses.

Have a crappy O-line hasn't helped his play calling either.

ozzie0075
12-18-2012, 10:33 AM
Giants also won a superbowl with Spags who has turned out not to be a very good coach. His HC chance was a miserable failure and he can't coach his way out of a paper bag in NO.

Buddy333
12-18-2012, 10:38 AM
Many make great OC' and DC's but do not make good head coaches.

BlueJayC
12-18-2012, 10:56 AM
I honestly don't have "that" much of a problem with Gilbride.......I just think if you give another coordinator a shot with the Giants O they would be much more potent......

RoanokeFan
12-18-2012, 11:37 AM
Anybody off the street with a PS3 and Madden playbook.

That's just sad

RoanokeFan
12-18-2012, 11:37 AM
Many make great OC' and DC's but do not make good head coaches.

Does the name Spagnuolo ring a bell?

stormblue
12-18-2012, 11:48 AM
Wade Philips is another one. (DC)

TheAnalyst
12-18-2012, 11:53 AM
Does the name Spagnuolo ring a bell?

Im not sold on Spags being a bad HC. Belichick was also very bad as HC for the Browns, because they didnt have anything around him. Spags will get another shot, and personally, I wouldnt mind if it was here.

The players love him and will do anything for him. Plus he is defensive minded which I like. He is very enthusiastic on the sidelines as well. He is agressive unlike Perry.

mike kennedy
12-18-2012, 05:44 PM
Im not sold on Spags being a bad HC. Belichick was also very bad as HC for the Browns, because they didnt have anything around him. Spags will get another shot, and personally, I wouldnt mind if it was here.

The players love him and will do anything for him. Plus he is defensive minded which I like. He is very enthusiastic on the sidelines as well. He is agressive unlike Perry.

Perry has as much movement and excitement on the sidelines as does Stephen Hawking watching a test pattern on the Telly.. How can the defense feed off of a bore like Perry?

RoanokeFan
12-18-2012, 05:46 PM

Keep reading

barran21
12-18-2012, 05:58 PM
Honestly his offense didn't set the NFL ablaze, this is why he's still the Giants OC, look at the Spags his style of defense and the way our players responded to him made teams think of him as HC.

DaKraken
12-18-2012, 06:05 PM
Some guys are just career coordinators but that doesn't mean that they aren't good coordinators.

The Spags example is a good one. Look at Norv Turner - he's been awful in SD but guaranteed as soon as he's ley go he'll find a new job back as a coordinator.

Killdrive has been a part of two SB champion offenses all this talk of firing him is ridiculous at this point. Of course we can all criticize the play-calling as that comes with the job. But no one is whining when they hang 50 on the Saints or pummel the vaunted Niners defense. Let's chill on the firing talk. We're deep into the season!

Cloud57
12-18-2012, 06:10 PM
Some guys are just career coordinators but that doesn't mean that they aren't good coordinators.

The Spags example is a good one. Look at Norv Turner - he's been awful in SD but guaranteed as soon as he's ley go he'll find a new job back as a coordinator.

Killdrive has been a part of two SB champion offenses all this talk of firing him is ridiculous at this point. Of course we can all criticize the play-calling as that comes with the job. But no one is whining when they hang 50 on the Saints or pummel the vaunted Niners defense. Let's chill on the firing talk. We're deep into the season!There are a lot of teams that want Turner right now

freeoscar
12-18-2012, 06:12 PM
The guy won 2 SBs in 5yrs with almost 100% turnover of the roster.

alentown pa
12-18-2012, 06:37 PM

Think about it....

these threads ripping KG are worn out and lame...why don't you throw out a "killdrive" while you're at it...****in annoying

alentown pa
12-18-2012, 06:39 PM
Keep reading

I love how I get warned in my inbox by you, yet you allow thread after thread of the same BS...what a joke

nyfan1029
12-18-2012, 06:54 PM
Plenty of coordinators have failed as HC's. I dont think KG = a quality HC. He might not be the best OC in the game but our stats are always pretty good. He just needs to be unpredictable. At times I guess the plays so you know the other team definitely can guess the play calling.

nyfan1029
12-18-2012, 06:57 PM
I thought BB was a good HC in Cleveland. He was moving in the right direction and his staff might have been the best ever. I believe the guy he hired to maintain the turf is now a GM.

TarheelKen
12-18-2012, 07:15 PM
All I'm saying is some guys aren't cut out to be HC's. LeBeau and Gilbride being two of them (both having had failed miserably in their previous HC experiences). As such, I don't think that you can infer anything from teams' lack of interest in KG as a HC to infer what they think of his abilities as a coordinator. Being good at one does not entail being good at the other.

I'm sure if KG were fired after the season, he'd have an OC gig next season if he so desired.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

From your mouth to God's ears!!!