PDA

View Full Version : Very pissed off that Baas is starting

DragonSoul
12-24-2011, 02:46 PM
We played best w/o Baas. Now he is back in, and we can see how it is working out so far.

That will be on the coaching staff if it continues to go bad. I don't care wtf you pay him, if he is no good, he shouldn't start. Mistakes happen, and he is one of them.

Tony Bruno
12-24-2011, 02:47 PM
They even talking he isnt better

DragonSoul
12-24-2011, 03:49 PM
Giants have a total of 6 rushing yards. Jacobs has 13 yards receiving, which is 4 times more then his rushing yards or bradshaws.

GO FIGURE!!!

DragonSoul
12-24-2011, 04:27 PM
bumpity...

DragonSoul
12-24-2011, 05:59 PM
please keep Baas out next week. Otherwise it will be too much work to be done once again for a win.

MikeIsaGiant
12-24-2011, 06:00 PM
Clearly something is wrong with Baas. He isn't good

giantsforce
12-24-2011, 06:08 PM
Clearly something is wrong with Baas. He isn't goodObviously, Coughlin does not agree with you.

giantsforce
12-24-2011, 06:10 PM
please keep Baas out next week. Otherwise it will be too much work to be done once again for a win.Just wait a New York minute here! Who do you think you are second-guessing the "genius" Coughlin? Do you think you know better than him?

egyptian420
12-24-2011, 06:12 PM
Baas needs to get the F outta there...he clearly hasn't helped the line get any better in pass protection or run blocking...bring back Petrus and move Boothe to C!!

DragonSoul
12-24-2011, 06:13 PM
please keep Baas out next week. Otherwise it will be too much work to be done once again for a win.Just wait a New York minute here! Who do you think you are second-guessing the "genius" Coughlin? Do you think you know better than him?1st you do not have to agree with some 100% of the time to think he is a good coach or person (apparently many haven't learned that yet)

2nd - You do not know if its on TC, JR, KG or a combo of those guys that make that decision.

hungrrrry
12-24-2011, 06:15 PM
I don't understand it either, but I would go back to my Conspiracy theory that Reese is trying to sabotage TC and pressuring him to play Baas since that was likely a Jerry signing...for a big contract, no less!.

Bigbluebeast
12-24-2011, 06:20 PM
+1

giantsforce
12-24-2011, 06:49 PM
please keep Baas out next week. Otherwise it will be too much work to be done once again for a win.Just wait a New York minute here! Who do you think you are second-guessing the "genius" Coughlin? Do you think you know better than him?1st you do not have to agree with some 100% of the time to think he is a good coach or person (apparently many haven't learned that yet)

2nd - You do not know if its on TC, JR, KG or a combo of those guys that make that decision.I have not seen anyone knocking Coughlin as a person. Now as a HC that's another story. Of course we do not have to agree with a HC's decisions 100%. But damn, this guy makes the same mistakes year after year. We all saw that the running game was working with out Bass for 2 games in a row, why change it. Then if he is not making the decisions, what role does he play? More over, we have seen over and over the results of not stepping in and making adjustments when his Coordinators **** up. For the life of me any rookie coach knows that inside 8 min from your 20 yard line you do not throw on 1st down. And what do they do> They throw for an INT! Great going! Obviously the 3 stooges decision making process does not work.

giantsforce
12-24-2011, 06:52 PM
I don't understand it either, but I would go back to my Conspiracy theory that Reese is trying to sabotage TC and pressuring him to play Baas since that was likely a Jerry signing...for a big contract, no less!.Nah, it is the fact that Coughlin does not have the stones to stand up to Reese and tell him to take his garbage and get out of his face. If I am responsible for delivering results, then I am going to use whoever is performing and not just bench rookies. I personally think that it is not Reese making the decision but Coughlin himself.

gumby742
12-24-2011, 07:01 PM
Actually, didn't we start running the ball much better in the second half? I missed most of the 3rd and half the 4th.

DragonSoul
12-24-2011, 07:05 PM
Actually, didn't we start running the ball much better in the second half? I missed most of the 3rd and half the 4th.We did, but most of them where away from center. There was 1 run of about 6 yards up the middle. Then one other up the middle, but was because of bradshaw making a move and shifting the other way.

dave56dj
12-24-2011, 07:08 PM
I almost never disagree with Coughlin as he is WATCHING practices and WE are not. But today I finally did. To me it is clear that the combo of boothe and Petrus get a much better push in the run game then baas at c and boothe at g.

That said petrus has struggled a bit in picking up pass protections.

dave56dj
12-24-2011, 07:09 PM
Also boothe has trouble with snaps and coughlin values ball protection more then anything so to some extent i understand.

RoanokeFan
12-24-2011, 07:12 PM
Actually, didn't we start running the ball much better in the second half? I missed most of the 3rd and half the 4th.

Putting Baas in was a judgment call. Given the win, what's the problem? Eli and the receivers were more of a problem today than Baas at center. And yes, the running game has gotten better and, after the half, the defense made adjustments and started to click.

RoanokeFan
12-24-2011, 07:13 PM
Also boothe has trouble with snaps and coughlin values ball protection more then anything so to some extent i understand.

+1

DragonSoul
12-24-2011, 07:13 PM
Also boothe has trouble with snaps and coughlin values ball protection more then anything so to some extent i understand.Boothe had that 1 play. Also look at what happened in the 1st half.

We only ran for 6 total yards, and putting all the pressure on Eli, Wrs (who at times dropped the ball (literally)), and dare I say the defense today.

If we were against a better QB we would have been in bigger trouble..

DragonSoul
12-24-2011, 07:14 PM

Putting Baas in was a judgment call.* Given the win, what's the problem?* Eli and the receivers were more of a problem today than Baas at center.* And yes, the running game has gotten better and, after the half, the defense made adjustments and started to click.
Dont agree RF. for some of the reasons i posted.

RobCarpenter
12-24-2011, 07:15 PM
We played best w/o Baas. </P>

I don't care wtf you pay him, if he is no good, he shouldn't start. Mistakes happen, and he is one of them.</P>

Completely agree! </P>

FIFTY6G-MAN
12-24-2011, 07:17 PM
Baas needs to get the F outta there...he clearly hasn't helped the line get any better in pass protection or run blocking...bring back Petrus and move Boothe to C!!
I DO NOT LIKE BAAS ANY BETTER......but boothe had major problems with crucial snaps and i believe tom did not want a flaw with a snap, trust ELI

RoanokeFan
12-24-2011, 07:18 PM

Putting Baas in was a judgment call. Given the win, what's the problem? Eli and the receivers were more of a problem today than Baas at center. And yes, the running game has gotten better and, after the half, the defense made adjustments and started to click.

Understood, but TC is all about ball control and Baas is a lot better than Boothe in that regard.

giantsforce
12-24-2011, 07:18 PM
Also boothe has trouble with snaps and coughlin values ball protection more then anything so to some extent i understand.Boothe had that 1 play. Also look at what happened in the 1st half.

We only ran for 6 total yards, and putting all the pressure on Eli, Wrs (who at times dropped the ball (literally)), and dare I say the defense today.

If we were against a better QB we would have been in bigger trouble..100% correct. But some here, all they care is the W or the L not whether your team has improved or anything. Yes a win is a win but let's not give bad decision making by the coaching staff a pass because we won. ^ yards in the 1at half is pathetic. That is not Giants football, not to mention the decision to throw on 1st down from out twenty with 7 and change remaining. I remember the good old days, we would take the ball with so much time and we would run out the clock by running it down their throats. Now that was Giants football instead of the Killdrive crap.

FIFTY6G-MAN
12-24-2011, 07:19 PM

+1
so so right on this point, lesser of 2 evils</P>

</P>

giantsforce
12-24-2011, 07:20 PM

Putting Baas in was a judgment call.* Given the win, what's the problem?* Eli and the receivers were more of a problem today than Baas at center.* And yes, the running game has gotten better and, after the half, the defense made adjustments and started to click.

Understood, but TC is all about ball control and Baas is a lot better than Boothe in that regard.
TC is about ball control? so how do you account for throwing on 1st down from out twenty with 7 min and change left? What was the result? INT did you say? Is that what you mean by ball control?

yoeddy
12-24-2011, 07:24 PM
We played best w/o Baas. Now he is back in, and we can see how it is working out so far.

That will be on the coaching staff if it continues to go bad. I don't care wtf you pay him, if he is no good, he shouldn't start. Mistakes happen, and he is one of them.

Well, at least they have Boothe in there at LG, so we saw some good push at both G positions today.

DragonSoul
12-24-2011, 07:24 PM

+1
so so right on this point, lesser of 2 evils</P>

*</P>remember that next week god forbid!

egyptian420
12-24-2011, 07:25 PM

Honestly, if I could risk 1 or 2 bad snaps in a game I would take the chance rather than have an entire game of no rushing yards and constant 3rd and 10+ on every drive. We have no continuity at all with this kind of offense, big plays won us the game today and it made me very uncomfortable. We NEED to run the ball better against the cowboys and in the playoffs (God willing)

RobCarpenter
12-24-2011, 07:26 PM

</P>

Don't understand why you say this. Running game has been better w/out Baas. </P>

dave56dj
12-24-2011, 07:32 PM
Dragon soul i prefer petrus at guard too - but if you think boothe only had one bad snap you werent watching - especially in the dallas game. He has one that got away from eli that Ware was offsides on but PLENTY more that Eli had to scoop and reach and jump for.

DragonSoul
12-24-2011, 07:50 PM

Honestly, if I could risk 1 or 2 bad snaps in a game I would take the chance rather than have an entire game of no rushing yards and constant 3rd and 10+ on every drive. We have no continuity at all with this kind of offense, big plays won us the game today and it made me very uncomfortable. We NEED to run the ball better against the cowboys and in the playoffs (God willing)
He scored a TD...

DragonSoul
12-24-2011, 07:52 PM
Dragon soul i prefer petrus at guard too - but if you think boothe only had one bad snap you werent watching - especially in the dallas game. He has one that got away from eli that Ware was offsides on but PLENTY more that Eli had to scoop and reach and jump for.One that could have cost us, but others that were not pretty I agree. Yet you are forgetting about the amount of time he had to work with Eli. Give the guy some time. Baas has had plenty and did nearly zip w/it

egyptian420
12-24-2011, 08:08 PM

He scored a TD...
Yea but that was at the end of the game after they already lost the onside kick and knew their entire season was over. They looked like they just gave up at that point, no one was even trying to tackle him there.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy as heck for Bradshaw and I hope this run game continues to improve but I still think Baas had a big part to do with that. I've beeen keying in on him and watching him on every snap that I can and he's been Awful. Thee guy can't create holes or pass protect.

DragonSoul
12-24-2011, 08:16 PM

He scored a TD...
Yea but that was at the end of the game after they already lost the onside kick and knew their entire season was over. They looked like they just gave up at that point, no one was even trying to tackle him there.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy as heck for Bradshaw and I hope this run game continues to improve but I still think Baas had a big part to do with that. I've beeen keying in on him and watching him on every snap that I can and he's been Awful. Thee guy can't create holes or pass protect.
LMAO - I meant you scored a TD, ala you were right on lol...

egyptian420
12-24-2011, 08:19 PM

He scored a TD...

LMAO - I meant you scored a TD, ala you were right on lol...
lmao ohh....right on

dave56dj
12-24-2011, 09:01 PM
Dragon - mention time all you want - Boothe is not a center and never really has been. Baas has spent his career doing it - the snaps have nothing to do with eli - those are shotgun snaps - its not something you just pick up in a couple weeks - although boothe did a nice job in doing it - it would take a lot more time to get it down.

I think you're are slightly underestimating the center qb exchange. Again i think petrus and boothe would be better then the combo of baas boothe but the exchange is a factor - lets see if they change anything against dallas - i somehow doubt it.

dave56dj
12-24-2011, 09:05 PM
and if your still unsure about the exchange please ask mangold and sanchez how important it is - that was on mangold not mark.

barran21
12-24-2011, 09:08 PM
Dragon - mention time all you want - Boothe is not a center and never really has been. Baas has spent his career doing it - the snaps have nothing to do with eli - those are shotgun snaps - its not something you just pick up in a couple weeks - although boothe did a nice job in doing it - it would take a lot more time to get it down.

I think you're are slightly underestimating the center qb exchange. Again i think petrus and boothe would be better then the combo of baas boothe but the exchange is a factor - lets see if they change anything against dallas - i somehow doubt it.

Wrong, he played center for 1 season with the 9ers and he was owned all year, this is his second year playing center, he played guard, Reese messed up another FA....

DragonSoul
12-24-2011, 09:08 PM
and if your still unsure about the exchange please ask mangold and sanchez how important it is - that was on mangold not mark.Bingo, and Mangold is a pro bowl guy... So apparently its ok for a pro bowl guy to screw up on a rare occasion, but not a guy w/limited experience, which again didn't cost us the game, since it didn't count.

If they stick with Baas, eventually he will cost us wether its next week or during the playoffs. He already cost us some games. Let him continue because he is a better hander off then booth who may not be atm, and hasn't cost us either, but yea Baas makes more sense! Got it.

dave56dj
12-24-2011, 09:10 PM
Double bingo - yep it happens and boothe showed you with him it may happen once a game - no thanks. I'll take my chances with a guy who hasnt had one all year- now this is bad mojo for the giants sunday - im done -letting TC make these decisions.

DragonSoul
12-24-2011, 09:12 PM
Double bingo - yep it happens and boothe showed you with him it may happen once a game - no thanks. I'll take my chances with a guy who hasnt had one all year- now this is bad mojo for the giants sunday - im done -letting TC make these decisions.Boothe hasn't cost us this year, Baas has. So your point is ? Bingo

Redeyejedi
12-24-2011, 09:13 PM
Baas is the guy with the fat paycheck he is going to play simple as that

giantsforce
12-24-2011, 09:54 PM
Baas is the guy with the fat paycheck he is going to play simple as thatAnd that's why the Giants are and will be in the same predicament. Only if we had won the game we were supposed to win! Oh, well.

DragonSoul
12-24-2011, 11:07 PM
Baas is the guy with the fat paycheck he is going to play simple as thatAnd that right there is the problem.