PDA

View Full Version : So the Giants can only clinch a Wildcard spot if we win the two games?

DIPSET_ALL_DAY
12-18-2012, 04:39 AM
That's what was just said on ESPN. I'm sorry, but this does not feel like the team that won two SBs. You don't get blown out/shut out during a December game and expect to make a run in the playoffs. Unless that was a wake up call, I don't see this happening. I'm not being a pessimistic, but we had the chance to win the division and it seems we blow out a team then take a big dookie in the following game.

giantsfan420
12-18-2012, 05:02 AM
no. as of right now, we would guarantee AT WORST the 6 seed. we can be anywhere from the 6-4 seed...

and we got blown out vs washington @ home last year the same exact week. same situation, play with pride, like you know u are capable of for 60 complete minutes and extend the season to what should be a gimme vs philly week 17, or lose and be prepared to have ur job put in question...its their choice now.i personally believe we go on a 4-6 game win streak. we are the kings of those 4-6 game win streaks, and we havent had one in a while. its been up n down weekly and usually that leads up to a win streak. it starts with baltimore, who i think the giants, if they can beat them, will give them the momentum necessary to go on a run

giantsfan420
12-18-2012, 05:06 AM
if im TC, im preaching that if we can go into Baltimore and beat them losing 3 in a row with how good a team they are, we can win the SB. like id use this game to springboard a run, id put all my eggs into this games basket if im TC

Antwuan
12-18-2012, 09:50 AM
That's what was just said on ESPN. I'm sorry, but this does not feel like the team that won two SBs. You don't get blown out/shut out during a December game and expect to make a run in the playoffs. Unless that was a wake up call, I don't see this happening. I'm not being a pessimistic, but we had the chance to win the division and it seems we blow out a team then take a big dookie in the following game.

Actually there is a scenario that if the Giants beat the Ravens they could clinch a playoff berth.

Piddy283
12-18-2012, 10:11 AM
Actually there is a scenario that if the Giants beat the Ravens they could clinch a playoff berth.

Do you know the scenario?

Antwuan
12-18-2012, 10:14 AM
Do you know the scenario?

Here is how they can make the playoffs this week.

1) Win + WAS loss or tie + DAL loss + MIN loss + CHI loss OR
2) Win + WAS loss + NO tie + MIN loss + CHI loss

VBGiantsFan
12-18-2012, 10:16 AM

Bears, Cowboys, and Redskins lose.

We would be guaranteed a 1 game advantage over the Cowboys and Redskins, and a game advantage over the bears with a the division record already in our favor.

Captain Chaos
12-18-2012, 10:20 AM
Doesn't matter what happened in the past it is what happens from here on out!

Flip Empty
12-18-2012, 10:33 AM
what should be a gimme vs philly week 17
A gimme? No such thing with this team.

It'll be Andy Reid's final game as coach of the Eagles. I doubt he'll go quietly.

VBGiantsFan
12-18-2012, 10:38 AM
A gimme? No such thing with this team.

It'll be Andy Reid's final game as coach of the Eagles. I doubt he'll go quietly.

You KNOW Reid and the Eagles would love nothing more than to end our season. It would be icing on the cake for them. Though honestly, our season may be over before then if we can't get past the Ravens. Our schedule sucked horribly in the second half of the season.

stormblue
12-18-2012, 10:41 AM
Bears, Cowboys, and Redskins lose.

We would be guaranteed a 1 game advantage over the Cowboys and Redskins, and a game advantage over the bears with a the division record already in our favor.

with that scenario we would still need to beat Philly in week 17 ....... so that doesn't clinch anything this week (16)

VBGiantsFan
12-18-2012, 10:49 AM
with that scenario we would still need to beat Philly in week 17 ....... so that doesn't clinch anything this week (16)

You're right, as someone posted previously, we also need the Vikings to lose.

Ricdel
12-18-2012, 10:56 AM
The Giants can still win the division, though unlikely. What they said on ESPN was, if they win their last two games, the Giants will be guaranteed a wild card berth, regardless of what the 'Skins and 'Boys do. If they win both games they will be 10-6 AND the 'Skins and 'Boys both lose one game making them 9-7, the Giants are division winners. Like I said, unlikely.

GMENAGAIN
12-18-2012, 11:06 AM
The Giants can still win the division, though unlikely. What they said on ESPN was, if they win their last two games, the Giants will be guaranteed a wild card berth, regardless of what the 'Skins and 'Boys do. If they win both games they will be 10-6 AND the 'Skins and 'Boys both lose one game making them 9-7, the Giants are division winners. Like I said, unlikely.

Why is that unlikely? Dallas loses to the Saints this week (not unilkely by any means) and then beats the Redskins on the final weeken (also not unlikely), and BOOM, we're NFCE champs!.

Rusty192
12-18-2012, 01:12 PM
Why is that unlikely? Dallas loses to the Saints this week (not unilkely by any means) and then beats the Redskins on the final weeken (also not unlikely), and BOOM, we're NFCE champs!.True. The one who wins over the other (say Dallas beats Wash) has to lose a game and we take the division.