PDA

View Full Version : Giants Have Every Reason To Worry

RoanokeFan
12-18-2012, 06:45 AM
http://www.northjersey.com/sports/18...e_worried.html (http://www.northjersey.com/sports/183892221_Giant_have_every_reason_to_be_worried_no w_should_be_worried.html)

Excerpt: "Chase Blackburn brought a dose of football reality Monday to the circumstances facing the Giants with the quest to repeat as Super Bowl champions completely dependent on the two games remaining in their regular season.

The Giants talked about being confident in their postseason chances because they have been here before, yet again harkening back to the pressurized run from last season in which Big Blue performed at its best when the stakes were high and the odds were low.

On the heels of the worst shutout defeat for a defending Super Bowl champion in NFL history, the Giants promise to learn from a humbling lesson and seize the moment.

There’s one question that lingered in the locker room Monday, and because they still control their fate to reach the postseason, this pretty much went unanswered save for Blackburn’s honest appraisal of the situation he and his teammates find themselves in:

What if the Giants don’t bounce back from this?

What if two weeks from now the lament is not only from letting a once-comfortable lead in the NFC East completely slip away, but a spot in the playoffs all together?

Blackburn revealed that’s part of the message being delivered behind closed doors.

"We better be worried. They’re lying to you if they’re saying we’re not, or else they’re not competitive," Blackburn said, in reference to the Giants’ collective mood when they arrived at the team facility to assess everything that went wrong in Sunday’s 34-0 loss to the Falcons. "That’s my opinion. We better be worried. That worry is what drives players to be good, that fear. … We’ve had some talks. Obviously, we had our [players-only] debriefing [Monday] on our breakdowns and a lot of things were addressed.

"You’ve got to be worried because, if we play another game like that, we’ll be out of the playoffs before you know it and the last game won’t mean anything."

As Chris Canty promised Monday: "No big speeches," just the truth." Read more...

Red Dog
12-18-2012, 08:54 AM
Now the lament for Sundays Giants no show Falcon embarrassment is Bradshaw didn't play and he is the team's motivational leader. Really? Is he a captain? This team has more than minor problems on defense such as,, being "sack-less leaders" along with the secondary giving up the big plays. Both line and secondary depend on each other and there isn't too much to depend on this year, even during some of last year
The offense is so inconsistent it's pitiful. Eli and the entire offense seem to lack a fire in the belly and it shows on game day. The coaches can't seem to resolve the problems or infuse a sense of urgency. The whole team seems to be in a malaise and the victory over the Saints had more to do with a breakout game by Wilson more than anything else.The offense effort for that game now seems to me to be nothing more than the mental set of, If a guy is going to make us look that good I guess we have to try and win." But play calling at certain times and at various field locations during drives remain a mystery of mysteries about this team and that goes for defensive schemes as well. Should Spags be let go in NO the Giants need to get him back- Just syain'

ANON837
12-18-2012, 09:25 AM
This is their second no show of the season. The first one was against Cincy AFTER Coughlin called the D soft. You gotta show up and play. There is talent on this team but they are not executing and the play calling, at times, can be down right atrocious. Too inconsistent. Can't be 6-2 and then hand the division to Washington. We've seen this film before. Its not going to work anymore because the division will only get stronger. Mediocrity will not play because Washington got better. Philly is going to be rebuild and get back into the fray. And who knows with Dallas. They have talent but they need the right head coach to bring it all together. I'm almost scared for this team. Coughlin seems to want to stick to his guns. It has produced 2 SBs but also some down right awful games. Times are changin and Big Blue better change with it.

VBGiantsFan
12-18-2012, 09:43 AM
Our team lives and dies by Eli, it's true, but our defense lives and dies by the pass rush.

This whole game is contingent on JPP and Canty making plays ALL GAME. If they win their match ups, we'll win our match ups. If they lose, we'll lose.

Osi and Tuck have shown they have nothing left in the tank and Joseph really isn't that much of a run stuffer.

Toadofsteel
12-18-2012, 10:56 AM
I know how to inject fire into this team: Let Tracy, Ojomo, Robinson, and Wilson get significant playing time. No guarantee that we wouldn't get burned by said fire, but at least the team would play like it cares...

It was too painful to watch Wilson on the sidelines being the ONLY guy that wanted to get people hyped up...

Buddy333
12-18-2012, 11:07 AM
They better win this week because they have to play the Eagles in the last game of the season and they own the Giants.

RoanokeFan
12-18-2012, 11:11 AM
They better win this week because they have to play the Eagles in the last game of the season and they own the Giants. We should forfeit both to get higher in the draft pecking order.

Buddy333
12-18-2012, 11:12 AM
We should forfeit both to get higher in the draft pecking order.Negative?

G-MENBK
12-18-2012, 11:13 AM
Negative?

Like I said before, I doubt this team replicates what they did last season. I wouldn't mind a higher draft pick.

Buddy333
12-18-2012, 11:17 AM
No, the are not he same, but if this week Eli can wake up and they get Prince back thy could win this game. The last game is another story. That will be a tough one.

RoanokeFan
12-18-2012, 11:32 AM
I know how to inject fire into this team: Let Tracy, Ojomo, Robinson, and Wilson get significant playing time. No guarantee that we wouldn't get burned by said fire, but at least the team would play like it cares...

It was too painful to watch Wilson on the sidelines being the ONLY guy that wanted to get people hyped up...

What have you seen from Robinson that would be worth taking Bennett out?

RoanokeFan
12-18-2012, 11:33 AM
No, the are not he same, but if this week Eli can wake up and they get Prince back thy could win this game. The last game is another story. That will be a tough one.

Prince doesn't rush back from injuries so let's see how that goes.

Buddy333
12-18-2012, 11:36 AM
Prince doesn't rush back from injuries so let's see how that goes.Huh?

RoanokeFan
12-18-2012, 11:39 AM
Negative?

No more outlandish than a lot of the stuff we're reading

RoanokeFan
12-18-2012, 11:39 AM
Huh?

I think Prince takes his time coming back from injuries.

Buddy333
12-18-2012, 12:00 PM
See, it's was probably smart to hold him out this past game. Why risk the injury getting worse and losing him for the rest of the season when hey can still make the playoffs b winning the next two? No as for Nicks, they messed that one up. He should have sat until after the bye.

GameTime
12-18-2012, 12:41 PM
well at least Chase said something other than the normal routine of get better, made mistakes, play better football....blah blah blah...
He is worried and the all should be worried at not so much that they lost but HOW they lost.

Chase may not be the most gifted athlete on the team but he is one of the handful that bring every play and every game. Thats why he comes up with big plays here and there because he gives 100% all the time.

TheShouldersOf
12-18-2012, 01:59 PM

Quoted For Truth