PDA

View Full Version : Giants Pro bowlers

sheepdip
12-18-2012, 09:49 AM
Usually teams that make the playoffs they said in the past would have about 5 pro bowlers. Yes we know pro bowl is a joke but it meant players at a very high level.

Right now I cant think of any on the giants. Really ? tell me who.

Cruz - great #s but again not very consistent year.
hynoski - for sure good blocker nice hands.
S Brown - maybe only because of his Ints but I doubt it.

Thats it folks. I am sorry it would be a reach to say anyone else.

Rudyy
12-18-2012, 09:51 AM
Cruz leads all NFC WR's in the Pro Bowl voting.

Flip Empty
12-18-2012, 09:54 AM
Wilson should get in as a returner.

VBGiantsFan
12-18-2012, 09:59 AM
Justin Tuck makes the Pro-bowl cheerleading squad per RGIIIs request.

sheepdip
12-18-2012, 10:03 AM
lol

nhpgiantsfan
12-18-2012, 10:07 AM
Cruz leads all NFC WR's in the Pro Bowl voting.

What a joke. It just goes to show why these guys come up with so called "trademarks". It gets them recognized.

Rudyy
12-18-2012, 10:10 AM
What a joke. It just goes to show why these guys come up with so called "trademarks". It gets them recognized. Well it's not like he has bad numbers..

nhpgiantsfan
12-18-2012, 10:15 AM
Well it's not like he has bad numbers..

No he doesn't have bad numbers. Bot honestly, the number one vote getter??? That's crazy. And I like Cruz and want to sign him here, but come on. He's not in the same stratosphere as Calvin Johnson.

Flip Empty
12-18-2012, 10:15 AM
1000+ yards and 9 TDs. Pro Bowl numbers, I suppose. Only AJ Green and Brandon Marshall have scored more than Cruz.

No he doesn't have bad numbers. Bot honestly, the number one vote getter??? That's crazy. And I like Cruz and want to sign him here, but come on. He's not in the same stratosphere as Calvin Johnson.
Voting begins in week 6 or something farcical like that. Cruz was hot then.

I don't think anyone is in the same stratosphere as Megatron. He'll probably finish as the best ever.

giantscolombia
12-18-2012, 12:06 PM
Usually teams that make the playoffs they said in the past would have about 5 pro bowlers. Yes we know pro bowl is a joke but it meant players at a very high level.

Right now I cant think of any on the giants. Really ? tell me who.

Cruz - great #s but again not very consistent year.
hynoski - for sure good blocker nice hands.
S Brown - maybe only because of his Ints but I doubt it.

Thats it folks. I am sorry it would be a reach to say anyone else.

PRO BOWL IS A POPULARITY CONTEST...

Jahh
12-18-2012, 12:13 PM
1000+ yards and 9 TDs. Pro Bowl numbers, I suppose. Only AJ Green and Brandon Marshall have scored more than Cruz.

Voting begins in week 6 or something farcical like that. Cruz was hot then.

I don't think anyone is in the same stratosphere as Megatron. He'll probably finish as the best ever.

Calvin is great but they target him like 20 times a game its ridiculous. I think a lot of receivers would have huge numbers if the ball was forced to them as often as possible. I think he's one of the best but a little inflated.

dillyyo1972
12-18-2012, 12:26 PM
PRO BOWL IS A POPULARITY CONTEST...
No value once the fans had a say. Only coaches, players and certain well qualified pundits should vote for pro bowl.

Jahh
12-18-2012, 02:10 PM
No value once the fans had a say. Only coaches, players and certain well qualified pundits should vote for pro bowl.

Players are just as dumb and biased as fans. You see the NFL top 100 that the players supposively vote for? Its a joke.

RoanokeFan
12-18-2012, 02:25 PM
What a joke. It just goes to show why these guys come up with so called "trademarks". It gets them recognized.

He has back to back 1,000 yard seasons

nhpgiantsfan
12-18-2012, 02:49 PM
He has back to back 1,000 yard seasons

I wouldn't call it a joke if the post said he has a shot at making the probowl. I am calling it a joke that he has the most votes of all NFC WR's.

dillyyo1972
12-18-2012, 05:11 PM
Well, dumbness and bias are inherent in any population of people, so i don't know why you would expect differently from players. Fact is that no one has a better perspective on who is harder to play against than the players themselves. Them and the coaches are the only one's who know who actually blows plays and who actually does the small things that make players great.

Mlerman17
12-18-2012, 06:18 PM
cruz, jpp, hynoski, s. brown, and wilson at kr all have arguments that can be made for them making the team.

Toadofsteel
12-18-2012, 06:23 PM
cruz, jpp, hynoski, s. brown, and wilson at kr all have arguments that can be made for them making the team.

Not so sure about Hynocerous, but the rest make sense...

Mlerman17
12-18-2012, 07:49 PM
Not so sure about Hynocerous, but the rest make sense...

He is a great blocker with good hands and has had some carries this year...He is an all around fullback. Name one more deserving in the NFC (don't say kuhn) but actually the 49ers fullback bruce miller is good too.

TheBookOfEli
12-18-2012, 09:15 PM
Players are just as dumb and biased as fans. You see the NFL top 100 that the players supposively vote for? Its a joke.

Speaking of that show top 100, i wonder if Eli will make the list?

Toadofsteel
12-18-2012, 09:26 PM
Speaking of that show top 100, i wonder if Eli will make the list?

If he gets itno the playoffs, maybe. Otherwise, no. Eli is one of the least talked-about figures in the league. When it comes to players who have never played with him, nobody really loves him, but then again, nobody really hates him either. He's basically an afterthought in their minds...