PDA

View Full Version : RB Kregg Lumpkin Adjusts To Backfield

RoanokeFan
12-18-2012, 01:35 PM
http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/RB-Kregg-Lumpkin-adjusts-to-backfield/6b936017-f647-4b54-9562-c78cfa5b8a39

"Since signing three weeks ago, Kregg Lumpkin has spent most of his time in the classroom, learning the offense and how to keep his newest teammate Eli Manning upright.

While dressing for the first two games of his Giants career, the running back’s biggest test came Sunday in Atlanta.

The depth at the position was called upon when Ahmad Bradshaw was ruled out with a knee injury, David Wilson slating to make his first career start. The rookie quickly piled up 47 yards on six carries in the first quarter, but then the Giants turned to Lumpkin after Manning’s second interception.

On their next possession, Lumpkin rushed five times for 40 yards, including a career-long 22-yarder that brought the Giants into Atlanta territory.

“You’ve got to try to persuade the defense to go one way so you can go the other way and just read off the offensive linemen,” Lumpkin said Monday. “And just go from there.”

From there, however, the drive stalled on the Giants’ first of three unsuccessful fourth-down conversions – a run by Wilson for no gain. Later on, in the third quarter, Lumpkin was targeted on fourth-and-2 from Atlanta’s 25, but Manning’s pass was knocked down at the line of scrimmage.

“The coaches call the plays, so we as the offense, as players, we’ve got to out there and make plays,” Lumpkin said. “You’ve got to execute them, and we fell short.”

Lumpkin, who lost a fumble on the Giants last offensive possession of the game, finished with nine carries for 42 yards (4.7 average). The Giants had 97 collectively, snapping their streak of consecutive games with at least 100 rushing yards at four.

Meanwhile, Bradshaw, who did not travel with the team to Atlanta, offered any advice to his teammates based on what he saw on TV.

“I’ve been asked that question by a lot of the guys,” Bradshaw said. “Just a couple of pieces missing and just a couple of things we couldn’t finish. I just would’ve liked to be in there."
Read more...

Kruunch
12-18-2012, 01:36 PM
I'm still nerd raging over seeing a Lumpkin in our lineup.

GameTime
12-18-2012, 01:37 PM
yeah...his first handful of run were very goood.......
No worse than any of the other backs have done with his limited time

Kruunch
12-18-2012, 01:39 PM
yeah...his first handful of run were very goood.......
No worse than any of the other backs have done with his limited time

More about the ???? factor over the quality (and yes he ran just as good as Wilson). We have a #1 draft pick who is a home run hitter and just proved he has the physical ability the week before. I can understand using Lumpkin to spell him, but why on earth would you split the carries?! It makes no sense. What could have Lumpkin possibly have shown the coaching staff in two weeks????

RAGE!

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/Xinkz/Emotes/rage.jpg

TheShouldersOf
12-18-2012, 01:47 PM
Just reading the name Lumpkin gets me angry all over again

Kruunch
12-18-2012, 01:49 PM
Just reading the name Lumpkin gets me angry all over again

I know right?!

http://thechristiannerd.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/nerd-rage.jpg

RoanokeFan
12-18-2012, 01:52 PM
More about the ???? factor over the quality (and yes he ran just as good as Wilson). We have a #1 draft pick who is a home run hitter and just proved he has the physical ability the week before. I can understand using Lumpkin to spell him, but why on earth would you split the carries?! It makes no sense. What could have Lumpkin possibly have shown the coaching staff in two weeks????

RAGE!

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/Xinkz/Emotes/rage.jpg

By the time Lumpkin was put it we were too far behind to make the running game viable. I have said in other threads, I think they were afraid Wilson was going to get hurt trying to block.

All that aside, we need to see what Lumpkin and/or Torain have. Lumpkin didn't run badly and it may well be he will serve as Wilson's breather.

GameTime
12-18-2012, 01:59 PM
Lumpkin needs time with the offense as well. Bradshaw may or may not be viable. I have no prob with other getting touches. If he was getting stuffed and still in then ok. But he was gaining good yardage....so whats the big deal. One RB can do it all anyway

Kruunch
12-18-2012, 02:06 PM
By the time Lumpkin was put it we were too far behind to make the running game viable. I have said in other threads, I think they were afraid Wilson was going to get hurt trying to block.

All that aside, we need to see what Lumpkin and/or Torain have. Lumpkin didn't run badly and it may well be he will serve as Wilson's breather.

Lumpkin needs time with the offense as well. Bradshaw may or may not be viable. I have no prob with other getting touches. If he was getting stuffed and still in then ok. But he was gaining good yardage....so whats the big deal. One RB can do it all anyway

Lumpkin was in well before the game turned one dimensional.

And no I don't think "he needs his time too ..." ... that's like benching JPP and saying Ojomo "needs his time" and they get equal snaps.

It makes absolutely no sense. ESPECIALLY if the game is out of hand. Keep the kid in and let him learn.

Cloud57
12-18-2012, 02:07 PM
Why all the hate on Lumpkin, it's not his fault.

GameTime
12-18-2012, 02:08 PM

And no I don't think "he needs his time too ..." ... that's like benching JPP and saying Ojomo "needs his time" and they get equal snaps.

It makes absolutely no sense. ESPECIALLY if the game is out of hand. Keep the kid in and let him learn.
Benching JPP makes no sense because he is healthy Bro..
Bradshaw is hurting badly and he may not be able to contribute at all.
Bad analogy you put up....

Kruunch
12-18-2012, 02:10 PM
Benching JPP makes no sense because he is healthy Bro..
Bradshaw is hurting badly and he may not be able to contribute at all.
Bad analogy you put up....

No it's not ... JPP is a healthy #1 draft pick. Wilson is a healthy #1 draft pick. Both are the futures for the team at their positions.

I mean really, you prefer seeing a Lumpkin?!

YATittle1962
12-18-2012, 02:11 PM
don't understand the Lumpkin negativity

he came in and played well ....very well for just coming off the street

and he is a good blocker

GameTime
12-18-2012, 02:11 PM
No it's not ... JPP is a healthy #1 draft pick. Wilson is a healthy #1 draft pick. Both are the futures for the team at their positions.

I mean really, you prefer seeing a Lumpkin?!
Dude you are not getting it....JPP is the starter he is healthy.
Bradshaw is the starter and not healthy......they need to find a good combo in the event Bradhsaw cant contribute...

Kruunch
12-18-2012, 02:13 PM
Dude you are not getting it....JPP is the starter he is healthy.
Bradshaw is the starter and not healthy......they need to find a good combo in the event Bradhsaw cant contribute...

They need to find a good running back. There's no rule in the NFL that says you have to split your carries and the one gripe about the kid (Wilson) is that he can't block (which is kind of a fallacy ... he blocked just fine if ugly). I understand getting Lumpkin SOME reps, but splitting the carries?!

This team is playing like a Lumpkin.

GameTime
12-18-2012, 02:16 PM
They need to find a good running back. There's no rule in the NFL that says you have to split your carries and the one gripe about the kid (Wilson) is that he can't block (which is kind of a fallacy ... he blocked just fine if ugly). I understand getting Lumpkin SOME reps, but splitting the carries?!

there is no rule so the Giants want to see what they have. I hear your frustration but have Lumpy in didnt hurt a thing IMO.
BTW....your anaology did suck....lol

YATittle1962
12-18-2012, 02:17 PM

if getting thrown on his back multiple times and waiting for his assignment to approach him is considered "fine" blocking then you are right on the money

RoanokeFan
12-18-2012, 02:17 PM
don't understand the Lumpkin negativity

he came in and played well ....very well for just coming off the street

and he is a good blocker

The closer we get to "in or out" the more frustrated we seem to get. Getting on Lumpkin, who played well as you say, is just a symptom.

RoanokeFan
12-18-2012, 02:19 PM

This team is playing like a Lumpkin..

You should look at the game again if you think Wilson's blocking was "fine." Wilson was in danger in the Falcon's game. He was literally knocked on his *** on one play.

YATittle1962
12-18-2012, 02:22 PM

You should look at the game again if you think Wilson's blocking was "fine." Wilson was in danger in the Falcon's game. He was literally knocked on his *** on one play.

I counted 2

and I'm pretty sure they were the only 2 where he was asked to take the assignment alone

I'll check the tape tonight and confirm

RoanokeFan
12-18-2012, 02:24 PM
I counted 2

and I'm pretty sure they were the only 2 where he was asked to take the assignment alone

I'll check the tape tonight and confirm

I am serious when I say they may have taken him out to protect him

timmytimm3
12-18-2012, 02:25 PM
if getting thrown on his back multiple times and waiting for his assignment to approach him is considered "fine" blocking then you are right on the money

That's what I saw too. The first time he got laid out and Eli rushed his throw, which turned into an interception.

Kruunch
12-18-2012, 02:26 PM

Actually stopping the blitzer from hitting the QB = fine blocking.

Duh.

If you need pretty go watch a beauty pageant.

YATittle1962
12-18-2012, 02:28 PM
I am serious when I say they may have taken him out to protect him

the kid was getting plowed and started to look timid even when chipping

I'm sure the coaches saw this

it was interesting sitting behind the bench and watching while Lumpkin was in Wilson stood next to coach Ingram with his helmet on and kept trying to run onto the field and Ingram would put his hand on Wilsons chest and pat him on the head

I'm glad the kid was eager to get back on the field.....but he was going to get either himself or Eli hurt

Kruunch
12-18-2012, 02:29 PM

RF I love you man but that's the silliest thing I ever heard from you. It's FOOTBALL. A full contact sport. They wear pads and stuff.

Then again the whole team is playing like they just discovered that fact.

RoanokeFan
12-18-2012, 02:29 PM

Duh.

You're missing my point, if he doesn't learn HOW to block he isn't going to make it in the NFL from am injury standpoint. And preventing a sack or knockdown doesn't = a fine block if an interception is the result. It's a skill he can learn and I am sure he will but he's not yet the guy who is going to carry this team on is shoulders.

Kruunch
12-18-2012, 02:30 PM
the kid was getting plowed and started to look timid even when chipping

I'm sure the coaches saw this

it was interesting sitting behind the bench and watching while Lumpkin was in Wilson stood next to coach Ingram with his helmet on and kept trying to run onto the field and Ingram would put his hand on Wilsons chest and pat him on the head

I'm glad the kid was eager to get back on the field.....but he was going to get either himself or Eli hurt

So you rather trust Eli to the guy who was on the unemployment line two weeks ago and has never started an NFL game in his life?

Yeah that makes total sense.

RoanokeFan
12-18-2012, 02:31 PM
You're missing my point, if he doesn't learn HOW to block he isn't going to make it in the NFL from am injury standpoint. And preventing a sack or knockdown doesn't = a fine block if an interception is the result. It's a skill he can learn and I am sure he will but he's not yet the guy who is going to carry this team on is shoulders.

I respect your position, we just see it differently

YATittle1962

Duh.

disagree

fine blocking is creating the point of attack and not waiting for it

fine blocking is planting your head and arms in the rushers chest and lifting

fine blocking is not getting thrown on your *** causing rushed throws

simply being a speed bump is not blocking in the NFL

RoanokeFan
disagree

LOL "speed bump"

YATittle1962
12-18-2012, 02:32 PM
So you rather trust Eli to the guy who was on the unemployment line two weeks ago and has never started an NFL game in his life?

Yeah that makes total sense.

in blocking situations yes....he is a better blocker.....the evidence is all over the film

he looked good running the ball as well

who cares how long he has been on the team if he produces

Kruunch
12-18-2012, 02:34 PM

1) If he physically didn't know HOW to block at this late date, he wouldn't be in the NFL. An awkward flop != his total resume.

2) Making a block caused an interception? Seriously?! You guys are definitely watching a different game than I am.

3) Blocking WELL only comes from experience.

GameTime
12-18-2012, 02:35 PM
1) If he physically didn't know HOW to block at this late date, he wouldn't be in the NFL. An awkward flop != his total resume.

2) Making a block caused an interception? Seriously?! You guys are definitely watching a different game than I am.

3) Blocking WELL only comes from experience.

not only...comes with practice and proper technique....
basically I am just chiming in to be a ball buster......:popcorn:

Kruunch
12-18-2012, 02:37 PM
disagree

Did Eli get sacked or seriously pressured because of a missed Wilson block?

Nuff said.

If you want to make the argument that he could block BETTER ... sure. But if that's the reasoning for limiting his snaps that game, then that is just silly. Not to mention counter productive.

Kruunch
12-18-2012, 02:39 PM
not only...comes with practice and proper technique....
basically I am just chiming in to be a ball buster......:popcorn:

Experience is the best teacher. How about that?

I still have a mostly unmolested right teste if you're still feeling randy :p

TheEnigma
Lumpkin is growing on me. He showed to me that he really wants to be on this team with his effort that he displayed against Atlanta and actually looked like a natural for our system. I don't care if it's the RB who came with all the bells and whistles or the guy off the street 2 weeks ago - give me the best pass protector for this offense.

Kruunch

You just disagreed with yourself ;)

GameTime
12-18-2012, 02:40 PM
Experience is the best teacher. How about that?

I still have a mostly unmolested right teste if you're still feeling randy :p

ewww......just got a ****** chill down my spine....

Kruunch
12-18-2012, 02:40 PM
Lumpkin is growing on me. He showed to me that he really wants to be on this team with his effort that he displayed against Atlanta and actually looked like a natural for our system. I don't care if it's the RB who came with all the bells and whistles or the guy off the street 2 weeks ago - give me the best pass protector for this offense.

You'd rather see Lumpkin in than Wilson?

You people are insane.

Kruunch
12-18-2012, 02:41 PM
ewww......just got a ****** chill down my spine....

That's what you guys get for ****ing with my nerd rage.

GameTime
12-18-2012, 02:42 PM
I feel the same way. I dont care if draft picks work or not depending on when they were drafted. Or if they get some one off the couch and he kicks ***.
I agree the higher picks need their opportunities but Lumpy had some good tough runs....

GameTime
12-18-2012, 02:43 PM
That's what you guys get for ****ing with my nerd rage.

nerd rage....."we've got bush...."

TheEnigma
12-18-2012, 02:44 PM
You'd rather see Lumpkin in than Wilson?

You people are insane.

I'd rather see the best player for this offense out there. That unfortunately isn't Wilson right now.

RoanokeFan
I feel the same way. I dont care if draft picks work or not depending on when they were drafted. Or if they get some one off the couch and he kicks ***.
I agree the higher picks need their opportunities but Lumpy had some good tough runs....

Lumpy is it? :rolleyes:

RoanokeFan
I'd rather see the best player for this offense out there. That unfortunately isn't Wilson right now.

I don't think they'll release Peterson.....

TheEnigma
12-18-2012, 02:46 PM
I don't think they'll release Peterson.....

LOL can only wish huh?

Toadofsteel
12-18-2012, 02:49 PM

Arguing with yourself there ro?

Kruunch
12-18-2012, 02:50 PM

I agree with your first point and totally disagree with your second. Until I see Lumpkin throw up 300+ all purpose yards (or even a THIRD of that) Wilson is my boy.

Not to mention the conventional wisdom of having your home run threat in a game you need a lot of scores in.

RoanokeFan
12-18-2012, 02:50 PM
Arguing with yourself there ro?

I am sometimes my best audience, was meant for Kruunch

RoanokeFan
12-18-2012, 02:52 PM
LOL can only wish huh?

Very often the only thing we have left.

TheEnigma
12-18-2012, 02:53 PM
I agree with your first point and totally disagree with your second. Until I see Lumpkin throw up 300+ all purpose yards (or even a THIRD of that) Wilson is my boy.

Not to mention the conventional wisdom of having your home run threat in a game you need a lot of scores in.

A single big performance doesn't always mean you're ready to carry the full load. Ramses Barden is a perfect example of that and I remember when majority of the forum was wetting their panties over him. Wilson obviously has huge potential but his running abilities mean jack to the coaching staff if his pass protection isn't up to the standard they desire. Hey...I think he would be better as a dump off option instead of sitting in the backfield to protect Eli myself but I'm not the offensive coordinator.

GameTime
12-18-2012, 02:53 PM
Lumpy is it? :rolleyes:
Had a cousin I called Lumpy.....easier to say and its funny...

RoanokeFan
12-18-2012, 02:54 PM

You do understand this is the Giants' Message Boards? :confused:

RoanokeFan
12-18-2012, 02:55 PM
Had a cousin I called Lumpy.....easier to say and its funny...

That's makes sense then....He's Lumpy and I'm Depends

BurnerNYG
Had a cousin I called Lumpy.....easier to say and its funny...Lol

YATittle1962
Did Eli get sacked or seriously pressured because of a missed Wilson block?

Nuff said.

If you want to make the argument that he could block BETTER ... sure. But if that's the reasoning for limiting his snaps that game, then that is just silly. Not to mention counter productive.

he didn't but it was a matter of time honestly

haven't seen the broadcast....but in person it looked humiliating

I don't recall ever seeing a back get tossed like he was on roller skates before

not even back when Bradshaw had no idea how to block

he either needs to put on weight, learn impeccable technique , or be given help on blitz pick up

I prefer Lumpkin on 3rd and long because of his size ....his size alone makes him a better blocker in that situation as long as he understands the assignments nearly as well as Wilson

that extra 40lbs or so makes a world of difference when a LB or DE are barreling at you

I put it on the coaches for leaving the kid back there alone

they all have by now seen him on film getting thrown on his *** multiple times in that game

the last thing we need is Eli peeking over in fear of this kid getting thrown on his back again

GameTime
12-18-2012, 02:58 PM
That's makes sense then....He's Lumpy and I'm Depends

nice....just remember ( but you probably wont) you came up with that one. I never called you Depends as a nick name.

GameTime
12-18-2012, 02:59 PM

I don't recall ever seeing a back get tossed like he was on roller skates before

he either needs to put on weight, learn impeccable technique , or be given help on blitz pick up

I prefer Lumpkin on 3rd and long because of his size ....his size alone makes him a better blocker in that situation as long as he understands the assignments nearly as well as Wilson

that extra 40lbs or so makes a world of difference when a LB or DE are barreling at you

they all have by now seen him on film getting thrown on his *** multiple times in that game

the last thing we need is Eli peeking over in fear of this kid getting thrown on his back again

thats right.....not need for a distraction when you are already distracted enough....

RoanokeFan
12-18-2012, 03:01 PM
nice....just remember ( but you probably wont) you came up with that one. I never called you Depends as a nick name.

Who are you?

GameTime
12-18-2012, 03:03 PM
Who are you?

I dont know.....that "depends" on who's asking......

Kruunch
12-18-2012, 03:04 PM
A single big performance doesn't always mean you're ready to carry the full load. Ramses Barden is a perfect example of that and I remember when majority of the forum was wetting their panties over him. Wilson obviously has huge potential but his running abilities mean jack to the coaching staff if his pass protection isn't up to the standard they desire. Hey...I think he would be better as a dump off option instead of sitting in the backfield to protect Eli myself but I'm not the offensive coordinator.

I totally agree with you there.

But the fact that he showed you his potential just the week prior, and the other guy has been in our system for 2 weeks and hasn't started a game himself (for that matter, has less carries than our rookie in fact) .... wouldn't logic dictate that all things being equal, you start the guy that showed you something?

Lumpkin did much better than I would have expected and I was very happy to see him capably carry the ball (until he fumbled in garbage time of course). I just thought the lion's share of the carries should have been given to Wilson.

Not like it was really going to make much of a difference the way we were playing; the experience being the important factor.

RoanokeFan
12-18-2012, 03:04 PM
I dont know.....that "depends" on who's asking......

What are these lumps......:p

TheShouldersOf
12-18-2012, 03:07 PM
Does he need blocking technique, indeed, every back needs to be able to pick up a blitz if needed, there are other ways to counter it of course, one being to block,

did he know his assignments? indeed, did he cause the Interception? no, and if you are blaming that interception on Wilson then i have no words for you,

i forget Eli is the only valuable person on the Giants that needs to be bubble wrapped, Aaron rogers is the 'Franchise Quarterback'' and is the most sacked or one of the most sacked quarterback in the NFL, I'm not saying to let Eli get hit every play, but to build a philosophy and an offensive around one player not getting touched is not only one dimensional but closed minded

If the Coaches knew Wilson would be starting, don't you think the week before they work on his blocking technique? or build an offensive plan around him not having the best technique yet?

i didn't count but how many Blitz pickups did Lumpkin get?

Hearing the story above about Wilson keeping his helmet on, trying to run on the field and being pushed back, whilst others look sullen on the sideline, it's sad, Wilson wants to play

GameTime
12-18-2012, 03:08 PM

But the fact that he showed you his potential just the week prior, and the other guy has been in our system for 2 weeks and hasn't started a game himself (for that matter, has less carries than our rookie in fact) .... wouldn't logic dictate that all things being equal, you start the guy that showed you something?

Lumpkin did much better than I would have expected and I was very happy to see him capably carry the ball (until he fumbled in garbage time of course). I just thought the lion's share of the carries should have been given to Wilson.

Not like it was really going to make much of a difference the way we were playing; the experience being the important factor.
Maybe Lumpy looked really good in practice. he was obvioulsy part of the gameplan.....

GameTime
12-18-2012, 03:09 PM
What are these lumps......:p

go see a doctor....:)

TheEnigma
12-18-2012, 03:13 PM

Well, he did start but he was pulled because they didn't trust his pass blocking apparently. If anything, he should of received some garbage time carries when it was quite obvious that the game was over. I've already learned to accept the fact this was a growing year for Wilson and that he isn't going to do much in the large picture for the 2012 Giants. I just hope this kid works hard with Bradshaw or maybe Coach Ingram in the offseason to sharpen his pass protection skills so that when next season rolls by, he has a legit shot at the #1 RB position. It doesn't matter if he runs a 4.2 or has the agility of a gazelle as long as he can't pass protect (which irritates me to no end with Gilbride but whatever...)

Kruunch
12-18-2012, 03:13 PM

Or it was a matter of time before he got it under control. That being more likely for an NFL player.

It looked humiliating to us in the cheap seats too.

Fortunately, humiliating posture isn't a prerequisite for doing well in the NFL. If it were Eli would never have won a game.

Bradshaw just flat misses some blocks. But at least he looks competent when he's incompetent. :rolleyes:

So he needs to get better to continue blocking the people he blocked successfully?

Lumpin weighs 20lbs more than Wilson (FYI).

You think the person assigned to help blocking, needs an assistant?

You're afraid Eli is going to laugh himself into another interception, or you'd rather have a person who just completely misses the block and gets Eli creamed?

Kruunch
12-18-2012, 03:16 PM
Maybe Lumpy looked really good in practice. he was obvioulsy part of the gameplan.....

That would have had to have been some amazing practice.

I'm more wondering if Wilson's "upbeat" attitude isn't rubbing the wrong people (TC) the wrong way.

RoanokeFan
12-18-2012, 03:23 PM

I'm more wondering if Wilson's "upbeat" attitude isn't rubbing the wrong people (TC) the wrong way.

Now you're heading for the dark side

YATittle1962
12-18-2012, 03:27 PM
Or it was a matter of time before he got it under control. That being more likely for an NFL player.

It looked humiliating to us in the cheap seats too.

Fortunately, humiliating posture isn't a prerequisite for doing well in the NFL. If it were Eli would never have won a game.

Bradshaw just flat misses some blocks. But at least he looks competent when he's incompetent. :rolleyes:

So he needs to get better to continue blocking the people he blocked successfully?

Lumpin weighs 20lbs more than Wilson (FYI).

You think the person assigned to help blocking, needs an assistant?

You're afraid Eli is going to laugh himself into another interception, or you'd rather have a person who just completely misses the block and gets Eli creamed?

it think it is laughable that you call those blocks successful just because Eli did not get hit

there is an unspoken rule in football for blockers that says if the back of your jersey is dirty you were not successful ....this is obviously not meant in a literal sense ...but I'm sure you get the idea of what it means

I understand that you have a love affair with David Wilson for some reason

but the bottom line is he cannot yet successfully block .....I know this...the coaches know this....the Atlanta fans sure knew this ...

a guy sitting in front of me turned around and said ....your boy #22 is going to get Manning killed sooner or later

....and yes...I think he needs help blocking

if he is in on 3rd down they should leave Hynoski in on blitz pick up and have Wilson chip on the LT assignment and slip off to the flat or find a hole in a zone

if they continue to play him as they did against Atlanta he will 100% sooner or later get Eli flattened out

this is absolutely blatantly obvious

he was launched off his feet for crying out loud....that is embarrassing

GameTime
12-18-2012, 03:29 PM

you know as much about what rubs TC the wrong way in reference to Wilson as I do about Lumpy having a great practice...

The guy went in and played good.......why is that such a big deal???

Kruunch
12-18-2012, 03:34 PM
you know as much about what rubs TC the wrong way in reference to Wilson as I do about Lumpy having a great practice...

The guy went in and played good.......why is that such a big deal???

Because he was replacing a guy who set records last week.

Kruunch
12-18-2012, 03:36 PM
it think it is laughable that you call those blocks successful just because Eli did not get hit

there is an unspoken rule in football for blockers that says if the back of your jersey is dirty you were not successful ....this is obviously not meant in a literal sense ...but I'm sure you get the idea of what it means

I understand that you have a love affair with David Wilson for some reason

but the bottom line is he cannot yet successfully block .....I know this...the coaches know this....the Atlanta fans sure knew this ...

a guy sitting in front of me turned around and said ....your boy #22 is going to get Manning killed sooner or later

....and yes...I think he needs help blocking

if he is in on 3rd down they should leave Hynoski in on blitz pick up and have Wilson chip on the LT assignment and slip off to the flat or find a hole in a zone

if they continue to play him as they did against Atlanta he will 100% sooner or later get Eli flattened out

this is absolutely blatantly obvious

he was launched off his feet for crying out loud....that is embarrassing

I'm glad you don't coach for a living.

We'll agree to disagree.

GameTime
12-18-2012, 03:39 PM

eehhhh whatever....I am done with you.....:o

TheEnigma
12-18-2012, 03:39 PM

His actual RB performance wasn't really that extraordinary considering the competition. His kick off return abilities are All-Pro though.

Kruunch
12-18-2012, 03:40 PM
eehhhh whatever....I am done with you.....:o

You sure? I still have some unflattened testes left :p

Kruunch
12-18-2012, 03:41 PM
His actual RB performance wasn't really that extraordinary considering the competition. His kick off return abilities are All-Pro though.

The point being that he showed everyone he could do it.

Lumpkin hasn't ... so why would you split the carries?

RoanokeFan
12-18-2012, 03:41 PM

LAMO thanks for that image

TheEnigma
12-18-2012, 03:47 PM
The point being that he showed everyone he could do it.

Lumpkin hasn't ... so why would you split the carries?

Wilson was probably going to get the majority of the carries until the game got into a situation where the coaching staff decided it was "pass the ball or bust". Lumpkin showed some good snaps out there for a dude who just got off the street 2 weeks ago so I don't see the issue. We weren't winning that game no matter what.

YATittle1962
12-18-2012, 04:36 PM
I'm glad you don't coach for a living.

We'll agree to disagree.

I actually do coach at a local high school ....not for a living....just for fun

11 - 0 this season

and to add to that every NFL coach that I know and speak to pretty regularly agrees with everything I have said in this thread

Breezely
12-18-2012, 05:32 PM
I was at the game and I thought Lumpkin did very well until the pop up to center field!!!!!!!!

RoanokeFan
12-18-2012, 05:43 PM
I was at the game and I thought Lumpkin did very well until the pop up to center field!!!!!!!!

And you'd be right

RoanokeFan
12-18-2012, 05:44 PM

11 - 0 this season

and to add to that every NFL coach that I know and speak to pretty regularly agrees with everything I have said in this thread

I have given Mara and Reese your username, expect them to send the contract by courier!

GameTime
12-18-2012, 05:57 PM

11 - 0 this season

you show them your thread posts???.......:confused:

GameTime
12-18-2012, 06:01 PM

ok flat balls..........Wilson is the first round pick and has played great at RB for 1 game and an outstanding game at KR for one game as well.
So all in all he has one great game. So he is one up on Lumpy. As I said before Bradshaw may be done for the year. he says he wants to play but he would play with his leg in a cast if he could. He has a knee issue. The Giants need to develope a RB "GROUP" of which Wilson will probably be the starter so they need to see what Lumpy can do. Why is this such a hard thing for you to grasp. Plus Lumpy has NFL experience too.

YATittle1962
12-18-2012, 06:31 PM
you show them your thread posts???.......:confused:

hahaha......if they knew I was a member here I'm not sure they would sit down to dine with me

but we do discuss concerns situations

GameTime
12-18-2012, 06:32 PM
hahaha......if they knew I was a member here I'm not sure they would sit down to dine with me

but we do discuss concerns situations
oh....big shot...I get it....lol

joemorrisforprez
12-18-2012, 11:35 PM
Why all the hate on Lumpkin, it's not his fault.

I'm not mad at Lumpkin at all. I'm upset with Gilbride's lack of feel for the game.

Eli was struggling
Running game was doing well
Wilson was effective on sweeps, and was getting productive carries inside too.
So......instead of leaning on the runnng game to help out Eli, Gilbride pulls the dude who basically won the game v. the Saints last week, in favor of newly -signed journeyman?

Is it any wonder why the offense went into a coma?

This is why I don't like Gilbride.....he either comes into the game with a good gameplan, and the Giants roll.....or, he comes in with a shabby gameplan, and Eli has such a great game that he pulls out a great comeback......or he comes in with a shabby gameplan, Eli struggles, and Gilbride sticks to his script like a captain going down with his ship.

I can't remember the last time Gilbride bailed Eli out.....it's ALWAYS the other way around - like both Super Bowls, for example.