PDA

View Full Version : Durability Issues with some players

rebelfan1966
12-18-2012, 02:34 PM
I know this sounds insensitive, but we have a few players, although good when healthy, tend to have chronic injuries that cause them to miss time every season. These players being out of the roatation messes with the teams timing and chemistry. Maybe it's time to consider durbaility when considering contract extensions? Thoughts?

GameTime
12-18-2012, 02:36 PM
it comes into play for sure I would think....
every team has to deal with it
prob the main reason football contracts are not garaunteed...

TroyArcher
12-18-2012, 02:36 PM
Not uncommon in the NFL but it sure seems the Giants have more than their fair share.

ashleymarie
12-18-2012, 02:40 PM
It depends on the player. Some players are worth waiting for them to heal. Tuck and Osi have been durable for years. Don't know if that will continue. Nicks, man is he something to watch when healthy. I cannot see dumping him. Bradshaw, he is a puzzlement. He has more stamina and football savvy than he should be allowed. Yet he is on the bench often. Without Bradshaw, not sure if we would have gotten this far this season. Prince, he is durable. JPP, durable. Eli proved his durability.

Tmurda1984
12-19-2012, 06:51 AM
The problem with our team is that we lack quality depth to replace starters. When Nicks goes down...its up to guys like Barden, Hixon (whenever hes heathly), JJ and Randle. When Bradshaw goes down Wilson and Lumpkin has to try to carry the load. When an interior lineman goes down Jim Cordle is the next man up? Wasnt he on the practice squad? What happened to that bust named Brewer. Just look at the depth its ridiculous....Hosley against Julio Jones? because Prince is hurt?! What! Herzlich was fighting cancer is already is the next man up when Blackburn goes down. And even that bust Rivers is getting some time. What happens when Bennett goes down, Bear Pascoe?!?! Are you freaking kidding me. Markus Kuhn and Marvin Austin LOL!. Wow!.

GMENAGAIN
12-19-2012, 06:58 AM
The problem with our team is that we lack quality depth to replace starters. When Nicks goes down...its up to guys like Barden, Hixon (whenever hes heathly), JJ and Randle. When Bradshaw goes down Wilson and Lumpkin has to try to carry the load. When an interior lineman goes down Jim Cordle is the next man up? Wasnt he on the practice squad? What happened to that bust named Brewer. Just look at the depth its ridiculous....Hosley against Julio Jones? because Prince is hurt?! What! Herzlich was fighting cancer is already is the next man up when Blackburn goes down. And even that bust Rivers is getting some time. What happens when Bennett goes down, Bear Pascoe?!?! Are you freaking kidding me. Markus Kuhn and Marvin Austin LOL!. Wow!.

For once, I don't disagree with you.

Buddy333
12-19-2012, 07:23 AM
Actually they have pretty good depth.

Tmurda1984
12-19-2012, 05:13 PM
Buddy, where do you see this good depth.

Because when Prince got hurt...Hosley replaced him. How did that work out
How about after Snee got hurt? Jim Cordle
What about Defensive Tackle? We was hurting when Canty was not in the lineup.
How about running back? Last week, I never seen the Giants not convert on three 4th and shorts.
Linebacker? Keith Rivers? Thats comical.

Where do you see this wonderful depth? Because I only see it at the safety position.

Cloud57
12-19-2012, 05:14 PM
Buddy, where do you see this good depth.

Because when Prince got hurt...Hosley replaced him. How did that work out
How about after Snee got hurt? Jim Cordle
What about Defensive Tackle? We was hurting when Canty was not in the lineup.
How about running back? Last week, I never seen the Giants not convert on three 4th and shorts.
Linebacker? Keith Rivers? Thats comical.

Where do you see this wonderful depth? Because I only see it at the safety position.+1

Buddy333
12-19-2012, 05:16 PM
They where set up with depth to start the season but their depth got hurt. Injuries happen and they just have to manage.

freeoscar
12-19-2012, 05:51 PM
the Giants were incredibly banged up last year, but held it together to make the playoffs. they are 8-6 this year and in control of their own playoff destiny, despite having one of the hardest schedules of any team. I'm as disappointed as anyone with their putrid performance against the Falcons, but some perspective is in order. Now, if they don't win these two very winnable games I will re-evaluate. But as of now, they have performed quite admirably this season.