PDA

View Full Version : Eli is the best football player on this team

RUN BRADSHAW
12-18-2012, 09:42 PM
Lets not be short-sighted. Eli has made some incredible passes and put up alot of points this year.

But as soon as he throws a couple interceptions (on dbs who jumped the route) everyone is ready to throw him out??

Even Peyton and Brady throw picks and have bad games. This is football.

ELi is the last person I would blame for this team losing the games its lost this season. We need an O-Line and healthy recievers, period.

Flip Empty
12-18-2012, 09:45 PM
Who's calling for his head? Bad performances draw criticism, and Eli has had several bad performances this season.

RoanokeFan
12-18-2012, 09:51 PM
Lets not be short-sighted. Eli has made some incredible passes and put up alot of points this year.

But as soon as he throws a couple interceptions (on dbs who jumped the route) everyone is ready to throw him out??

ELi is the last person I would blame for this team losing the games its lost this season. We need an O-Line and healthy recievers, period.

You're overreacting. No one has suggested Eli be "thrown out." When players on this team have a bad game, they are going to take their lumps here. That's what fans do.

Eli deserves to share the blame for every loss as does every other player and coach on the team.

GameTime
12-18-2012, 10:01 PM

as good as Eli CAN be he has contributed to the losses just as much and sometimes more than others

Chris Christie
12-18-2012, 10:05 PM
That's a bold statement considering they each bring a little something different to the table. Each of them also playing different positions.

brad
12-18-2012, 10:07 PM

I haven't heard anyone call for his job, but he certainly earned some criticism... just like many other players on the team.

On that note however, when you compare him to Peyton and Brady... you have to expect some response when he plays as poorly as he did against ATL or Cincy. I don't recall a game, even at their worst, where Peyton, Brady or Brees ever played that bad, no TDs two INTs and less than 200 yards passing.

Flip Empty
12-18-2012, 10:28 PM
I don't recall a game, even at their worst, where Peyton, Brady or Brees ever played that bad, no TDs two INTs and less than 200 yards passing.
Brees vs the Falcons a few weeks ago - 5 INTs/0TDs

Had to look these ones up:

Brady vs the Colts in 06 - 4INTs/0TDs
Peyton vs the Chargers in 07 - 6INTs/2TDs

Buddy333
12-18-2012, 10:35 PM
He is the most important player on the team for sure and has been playing bad. That's why he is being brought up a lot.

Toadofsteel
12-18-2012, 10:36 PM

Rodgers this year vs the Giants was one webby blown coverage away from being 0TD 1INT sub-200 yards...

brad
12-18-2012, 11:51 PM

Now the real challenge, find 5 games in one season where they didn't throw a TD

gmen0820
12-18-2012, 11:56 PM
Which is why we get shut out when he ****s the bed.

bigblue19
12-19-2012, 12:28 AM
Eli redefines inconsistency! Are you kidding. Look at the tape. He's played TERRIBLE. He's a river boat gambler out there who's so afraid to take a hit he'll throw the ball into double and triple coverage at the slightest sniff of a defender. Not saying we should cut him, or trade him, but at least know what we've got. A guy who's VERY AVERAGE during the regular season, but is lights out in the post season.........INCONSISTENT!

sharick88
12-19-2012, 01:57 AM

Yawn. You are preaching to the choir. Eli is what he is. Great when he is on and Sanchezesque when he is off. Eli is my favorite player on the team, but he is what he is.

Buddy333
12-19-2012, 02:03 AM
Yeah, everyone knows what he is capable of and that includes when he is in one of his slumps.

GiantRoc
12-19-2012, 03:22 AM
Only boneheads would call for Eli to get the boot. There is no question he has had a poor season overall. He is making bad reads and worse throws. I honestly think the O needs to be simplified. We have talent enough for our guys to get open. The good defenses have us figured out. They are throwing a lot of disguises at Eli and he is making poor decisions. Lastly, Eli is not afraid to take a hit. He is just pressing to make something happen.