PDA

View Full Version : It's different this time.......

bigblue19
12-18-2012, 11:24 PM
I've been a Giants fan all my life, haven't missed a game in over 10 years, and the "life" of a Giants fan is a difficult one. Despite the 2 SB wins in 5 years, the life of a Giants fan is bipolar on a good day. It sucks! Having said that, this time, this year, this team is different than previous teams. After watching that Falcons game I realized there was something very different about how we played vs. previous bi-polar episodes. This time, we had NO FIGHT! As if we're satisfied with what we've accomplished and we're ready to pack it in. One play in that game sums it all up (besides the many VERY AVERAGE plays from Eli), Justin Tuck, a D-lineman and the CAPTAIN of our defense had 2 arms wrapped around a back up running back for the Falcons and he coudn't bring him down - in fact, he was slung to the ground like a has been. Unacceptable. All this talk about "needing to be motivated" and "can't play until our backs are against the wall" is total rubbish, and as fans we deserve better. I played football my entire life, pee wee, high school, intramurals in college and on no game day, ever, did I need to be "motivated" to play. I was ALWAYS jacked up for games.....and I'm an amateur. These are supposed to be the worlds best, top athletes who get paid $$$$$$ to be great. If you can't "get up" for games, then give your salary back to the owner, pack your gear and head out!!! Why don't you just quit pro sports all together and save us the anguish!

joemorrisforprez
12-18-2012, 11:28 PM
Last weekend reminded me of the Cincinnati game with respect to just a lack of timing, execution, and fire.

People can knock Brandon Jacobs all they want, but at least he brought some fire.

Killdrive effectively pooped all over any rally potential when he benched Wilson in favor of Lumpkin.

Rat_bastich
12-19-2012, 03:12 AM
The Giants lack consistency, intestinal fortitude and heart. If the season goes as it has had the Giants should destroy the Ravens and then lay an egg to the Eagles. They have been a rollercoaster ride more than any recent season. When you look at them on the sidelines, it is just as many commentators, former players and fans have said...there is absolutely no fire, desire or even want.

You can't hang your hat on recent Super Bowls and successes because every year is different. Hell if things were supposed to go the way they are for history's sake the Red Sox would still be looking to win their first World Series in so many years. It almost seems as if the Giants' players expected the league to hand them the Lombardi this year.

stormblue
12-19-2012, 04:47 AM
if we beat the Ravens and somehow lose to the Eagles...and not make the playoffs.....
i just gotta hope that doesn't happen.....that would be an long spring and summer to have to live with that.

and it would make Eagle fan feel like he won the superbowl.

egyptian420
12-19-2012, 05:30 AM
if we beat the Ravens and somehow lose to the Eagles...and not make the playoffs.....
i just gotta hope that doesn't happen.....that would be an long spring and summer to have to live with that.

and it would make Eagle fan feel like he won the superbowl.As terrible as that would be, I'm having a hard time even thinking that far ahead....Quiet frankly, I'm scared of this game coming up. We need to win this game Big time or the season is over as far as I'm concerned

stormblue
12-19-2012, 05:53 AM
yeah , it wasn't so much losing to ATL that got me worrying....
it was how we got totally ambushed by them.

it made we wonder if we are really that good anymore.
i'm gonna root my *** off of course.....but my expectations and confidence have taken a severe blow.

SweetZombieJesus
12-19-2012, 06:15 AM
Having said that, this time, this year, this team is different than previous teams. After watching that Falcons game I realized there was something very different about how we played vs. previous bi-polar episodes. This time, we had NO FIGHT! As if we're satisfied with what we've accomplished and we're ready to pack it in.

Funny, that sounds exactly like several other performances. You sure you've been a fan for over 10 years?

Like the last ever game at Giants Stadium in 2009. And the drubbing the following week vs. the Vikings.

And the 2010 meltdown against the Eagles. And the following week's drubbing against the Packers.

And the 2008 home playoff loss against the Eagles.

And the 2005 home playoff loss against the Panthers.

SweetZombieJesus
12-19-2012, 06:17 AM

My token Eagle friend acquaintance is already gearing up for that possibility.

Ruttiger711
12-19-2012, 06:24 AM

I've had an Eagle fan tell me as much about 3 weeks ago.. " I want the Giants to need the last game to get in and then Philly WILL beat them."

GMENAGAIN
12-19-2012, 06:28 AM
My token Eagle friend acquaintance is already gearing up for that possibility.

ha ha . . . "token Eagle friend acquaintance"

EnragedYouth85
12-19-2012, 06:29 AM
I've had an Eagle fan tell me as much about 3 weeks ago.. " I want the Giants to need the last game to get in and then Philly WILL beat them."

They have to have joy out of something in their lives. They def are not winning or have ever won a superbowl lol

GMENAGAIN
12-19-2012, 06:30 AM
The Giants lack consistency, intestinal fortitude and heart. If the season goes as it has had the Giants should destroy the Ravens and then lay an egg to the Eagles. They have been a rollercoaster ride more than any recent season. When you look at them on the sidelines, it is just as many commentators, former players and fans have said...there is absolutely no fire, desire or even want.

You can't hang your hat on recent Super Bowls and successes because every year is different. Hell if things were supposed to go the way they are for history's sake the Red Sox would still be looking to win their first World Series in so many years. It almost seems as if the Giants' players expected the league to hand them the Lombardi this year.

To accuse the defending Super Bowl champs of not having heart is absolutely disgraceful. You should be ashamed of yourself.

GMENAGAIN
12-19-2012, 06:31 AM
I've been a Giants fan all my life, haven't missed a game in over 10 years, and the "life" of a Giants fan is a difficult one. Despite the 2 SB wins in 5 years, the life of a Giants fan is bipolar on a good day. It sucks! Having said that, this time, this year, this team is different than previous teams. After watching that Falcons game I realized there was something very different about how we played vs. previous bi-polar episodes. This time, we had NO FIGHT! As if we're satisfied with what we've accomplished and we're ready to pack it in. One play in that game sums it all up (besides the many VERY AVERAGE plays from Eli), Justin Tuck, a D-lineman and the CAPTAIN of our defense had 2 arms wrapped around a back up running back for the Falcons and he coudn't bring him down - in fact, he was slung to the ground like a has been. Unacceptable. All this talk about "needing to be motivated" and "can't play until our backs are against the wall" is total rubbish, and as fans we deserve better. I played football my entire life, pee wee, high school, intramurals in college and on no game day, ever, did I need to be "motivated" to play. I was ALWAYS jacked up for games.....and I'm an amateur. These are supposed to be the worlds best, top athletes who get paid $$$$$$ to be great. If you can't "get up" for games, then give your salary back to the owner, pack your gear and head out!!! Why don't you just quit pro sports all together and save us the anguish!

The life of a Giants fan sucks? Man, where do these people come from?

Buddy333
12-19-2012, 07:16 AM
It's not the same this year because last year they could always rely on the offense. This year they can not. As far as inning this week and losing next week, let take one week at a time. However, the Eagles do own the Giants and eliminating them from the layoffs would be a great finish for their disappointing season.

NYGisBallin
12-19-2012, 07:18 AM

People said the same exact thing after losing to Washington the second time last year.... Here we are.....

Rat_bastich
12-19-2012, 11:20 PM
To accuse the defending Super Bowl champs of not having heart is absolutely disgraceful. You should be ashamed of yourself.

They have absolutely no heart. Look at Tuck and Osi sitting on the sidelines moping. They look like they have given up. When Bradshaw is in there, he is yelling at coaches and other players, but the majority are just sitting there moping. Maybe they had heart last year, but it has taken a vacation.

Who cares about defending Super Bowl champs...that was last season. If they continue to play like this, they are going to get knocked off that mountain rather quickly...even before the playoffs. A team goes from controlling their own destiny to now waiting and hoping that some other team crashes and burns.

Rusty192
12-20-2012, 12:34 AM
yeah , it wasn't so much losing to ATL that got me worrying....
it was how we got totally ambushed by them.

it made we wonder if we are really that good anymore.
i'm gonna root my *** off of course.....but my expectations and confidence have taken a severe blow.The thing that worried me about the game was that Matt Ryan is really good at home. Almost unbeatable. They are undefeated in their house this year. It's on the road he and the team are garbage.

We ran into a buzzsaw with a ****ty gameplan and got our asses handed to us. Similar to the Saints last year.

BlueBlooded1979
12-20-2012, 12:43 AM
They have absolutely no heart. Look at Tuck and Osi sitting on the sidelines moping. They look like they have given up. When Bradshaw is in there, he is yelling at coaches and other players, but the majority are just sitting there moping. Maybe they had heart last year, but it has taken a vacation.

Who cares about defending Super Bowl champs...that was last season. If they continue to play like this, they are going to get knocked off that mountain rather quickly...even before the playoffs. A team goes from controlling their own destiny to now waiting and hoping that some other team crashes and burns.

They still control their own destiny. Win the last two and they are definitely in as a WC with the possibility of the Division.

ashleymarie
12-20-2012, 02:11 AM

Every game we win presently will guarantee us another Giants game. I dislike very much that feeling when it is all over and we are facing a long off season. Still it's not over yet.

Those nasty Eagads!! They would dearly love to spoil our fun.

ELI_HOF_NYG
12-20-2012, 02:13 AM

they could have played yakety sax on everyone of our possessions last week and many other weeks as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnHmskwqCCQ