PDA

View Full Version : Upset with most of you..

NYGisBallin
12-19-2012, 07:09 AM
As Giants fans.. As LOYAL giants fans nothing should surprise you anymore. We've all experienced the highs and the lows of this football team. Thankfully for us more highs than lows. Most of you guys didnt live through the 60's-70's when we were really god awful. Present day fans of this team should rejoice! Listen, last week sucked I'll be honest with you. Sucked is putting it nicely. But as fans of this team you owe it to them to Rally behind them NO MATTER what... The run's that we had in 2007 and 2011 were incredible. We should be so grateful to have those to cherrish and remember.. But some of you guys have developed an extremely dangerous case of Amnesia. Last year at this time we were in a very similar situation.. I'm not one to compare teams but the one thing that does stick out was lose or go home... Fast foward exactly one year later and here we are.. Last year we ripped off 6 straight. This year ? We'll see. You guys are damn fools to quit on this team or not believe in these guys after the runs that we have been on. History has a way of repeating itself. I'm ALL IN... Are you? Are you REALLY ALL IN? Have faith in our boys.. No matter what. We have an amazing opprotunity to shock the world yet again... Positive vibes baby! LETS GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toadofsteel
12-19-2012, 08:10 AM
And I'm upset with you for being more loyal to the players and coaches than the organization. It's not the New York Eli, New York Coughlin, or New York Gilbride, it's the New York GIANTS. And if gutting parts of the organization are the way to save it, I see it no different than treating a disease...

So I guess that makes us even...

stormblue
12-19-2012, 08:30 AM
So it is ok for the coaches and players to go out there and get throttled 34 to nothing......But it is beneath us as fans to gripe about it ?

NYGisBallin
12-19-2012, 08:41 AM
Are you two serious right now? Simple point to my post.. As I've always said from day 1 of being a fan of this team.. Either support them through thick and thin or go root for the Jets.. You both are pissed now but I'll bet you two were the first online to buy the Championship gear last year right? Its certainly ok to be pissed over a loss.. But you cant quit on them. Plain and simple. Thats all I'm saying. And Toad of steel... Right now, those players and coaches ARE the organization until changes are made.. And if and when those changes are made I'll support them and ownership no matter what.. What kind of fans are you who dont support the players? The Same players who won you "Fans" a superbowl less than a calendar year ago...

Toadofsteel
12-19-2012, 08:45 AM
Sure this coaching staff brought us two super bowls, but they're not going to bring us any more unless some changes are made. If all it takes is simple rehabilitation, great. Get on it, NOW. Otherwise, more drastic changes have to be made. I don't care who is HC as long as he racking up lombardis. But I will NOT go and root for the Jets. I am a GIants fan first and foremost. I will never stop rooting for the TEAM, but if individuals no longer live up to team standards of, well, showing up to the game, then they have no place here in my mind.

In order to represent the greatest city in the world, you need to be the greatest football team in the world. (No I don't count the jets because they're not a football team, they're Woody Johnson's personal PR stunt)

GameTime
12-19-2012, 09:54 AM
As Giants fans.. As LOYAL giants fans nothing should surprise you anymore. We've all experienced the highs and the lows of this football team. Thankfully for us more highs than lows. Most of you guys didnt live through the 60's-70's when we were really god awful. Present day fans of this team should rejoice! Listen, last week sucked I'll be honest with you. Sucked is putting it nicely. But as fans of this team you owe it to them to Rally behind them NO MATTER what... The run's that we had in 2007 and 2011 were incredible. We should be so grateful to have those to cherrish and remember.. But some of you guys have developed an extremely dangerous case of Amnesia. Last year at this time we were in a very similar situation.. I'm not one to compare teams but the one thing that does stick out was lose or go home... Fast foward exactly one year later and here we are.. Last year we ripped off 6 straight. This year ? We'll see. You guys are damn fools to quit on this team or not believe in these guys after the runs that we have been on. History has a way of repeating itself. I'm ALL IN... Are you? Are you REALLY ALL IN? Have faith in our boys.. No matter what. We have an amazing opprotunity to shock the world yet again... Positive vibes baby! LETS GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you miss the whole point Bro.....all of us who are pissed that they sucked last week and for the even the group who thinks the Giants are done for the season will be rooting their asses off Sunday.....believe me.
Being All In has 0 to do with venting or stating an opnion.....

bigblue58
12-19-2012, 10:04 AM

Dude....I've said it before in response to posts like yours and I'll say it til the end of time.......the notion that one can't be a "true fan" unless they swear blind loyalty to a team and never criticize them, is the biggest steaming pile of turd I have ever heard!!!
My passion for the Giants and my love for the team is the reason why I praise them when they go out and play like champions, and the reason why I get angry and criticize them when they lay down like dogs and embarrass themselves! I have a visceral reaction to both wins and especially losses, and I would argue that the passionate fan, the honest and critical fan is more a true fan than someone like you who praises them when they win and when they lose, says "aw shucks guys, you're still great and you'll get em next time"!

FIFTY6G-MAN
12-19-2012, 01:07 PM
Are you two serious right now? Simple point to my post.. As I've always said from day 1 of being a fan of this team.. Either support them through thick and thin or go root for the Jets.. You both are pissed now but I'll bet you two were the first online to buy the Championship gear last year right? Its certainly ok to be pissed over a loss.. But you cant quit on them. Plain and simple. Thats all I'm saying. And Toad of steel... Right now, those players and coaches ARE the organization until changes are made.. And if and when those changes are made I'll support them and ownership no matter what.. What kind of fans are you who dont support the players? The Same players who won you "Fans" a superbowl less than a calendar year ago... Sure, They can quit on the field and on the fans, but we cant quit on them??? Get real, I dont get paid a cent for watching and routing for this team, So when they crap the bed, I will state it as such.

stormblue
12-19-2012, 02:29 PM
you miss the whole point Bro.....all of us who are pissed that they sucked last week and for the even the group who thinks the Giants are done for the season will be rooting their asses off Sunday.....believe me.
Being All In has 0 to do with venting or stating an opnion.....

sage ^^

and ****in' A right too.

ozzie0075
12-19-2012, 03:03 PM
Don't worry they will all be back on the bandwagon after the Giants win this week.

stormblue
12-19-2012, 03:56 PM
nobody is off the bandwagon.....
just some of us are down here tryin' to grease the wheels
and fix the reigns
and redirect the horses
and tell the driver which way to steer ......
some one has definitely got to get the wheels out of the ditch......

there's more to a bandwagon than Palm-Palms and cheer-beer.

Ladder27
12-19-2012, 03:59 PM
Are you two serious right now? Simple point to my post.. As I've always said from day 1 of being a fan of this team.. Either support them through thick and thin or go root for the Jets.. You both are pissed now but I'll bet you two were the first online to buy the Championship gear last year right? Its certainly ok to be pissed over a loss.. But you cant quit on them. Plain and simple. Thats all I'm saying. And Toad of steel... Right now, those players and coaches ARE the organization until changes are made.. And if and when those changes are made I'll support them and ownership no matter what.. What kind of fans are you who dont support the players? The Same players who won you "Fans" a superbowl less than a calendar year ago...

So I guess to you complaining about how our team played is not supporting them? Ok then lets all just shut up and see how they react to us not saying nothing about how ****ty they played. I can bet they would play that bad again if no one cared what they did out there on the field. That would be like me going to work and just sitting around getting a pay check every week for doing nothing. I'm going to guess that your one of the older season ticket holders that can't find it in them to get up and make some noise too.

dave56dj
12-19-2012, 05:14 PM
NYG most of the younger guys just know better then us - they know better then TC (who they dont realize is a Hall of famer) they know Eli (while being our best qb in our history) needs to be so much better - the know tuck is shot and should be thrown away - they know despite gilbride constantly having a top ten offense he should be fired - THEY KNOW IT ALL. Just like last year when they all knew the wash loss was our season. Oh know it alls.

-GO BLUE.

Ladder27
12-19-2012, 05:20 PM
NYG most of the younger guys just know better then us - they know better then TC (who they dont realize is a Hall of famer) they know Eli (while being our best qb in our history) needs to be so much better - the know tuck is shot and should be thrown away - they know despite gilbride constantly having a top ten offense he should be fired - THEY KNOW IT ALL. Just like last year when they all knew the wash loss was our season. Oh know it alls.

-GO BLUE.

First off I never said any of the thing you just stated and if they play like **** I guess you are happy with that. That's fine by me but don't get on here telling us your upset with us cuz we express we care that they played like ****. Also just like last year we also complained when they played like ****, its our right as fans.

brad
12-19-2012, 05:25 PM
I am always amazed when I see someone suggesting that in order to be a fan you have to blindly follow and support every player and coach without question. This notion that only those that "believe" are welcome into the special club called the "bandwagon". I don't buy that for one minute. A fan is one who roots for their team, through good times and bad. Not one that passively says "well you didn't play with any heart, but we will get them next time". That's like this new philosophy trying to teach kids not to compete, and that everyone is a winner. I do care about winning, and I do want the players and coaches on the team I root for to care about winning. That doesn't make me less of a fan than those that take wins or losses with little passion or care. Some would argue it makes me more of a fan... although I would disagree with that as well. It just makes you a different fan.

How many of you that suggest you must be blindly loyal to players and coaches were so blindly loyal to Dave Brown? How about Ray Handley? I will assume the answer is none and will ask this.. did that mean you weren't a fan then? I root for the Giants, not Eli, not PF or KG or Coughlin or anyone else you can name currently on the roster. If Cruz left the team next year to join some other team, I won't follow him and root for his new team. I will root for the Giants. Players come and players go... while I may enjoy those players while they are here, my loyalty to them ends when their tenure with the team ends. And if they aren't playing well while they are here, I have no problem saying it, because I root for the team... not the player. I root for the organization, not the coach.

I am sorry if that offends you, but I am offended that you would suggest that I am not a true fan because I care.

joemorrisforprez
12-19-2012, 05:37 PM

I think I get what you are saying.

Nobody knows what to expect from this team...... they can beat the 49ers, Packers, and Saints, but get creamed by Cincinnati.

This is a team that has alot of talent, but is terribly inconsistent.

It's a 2 game season now.....win and they are a lock to make the playoffs......lose, we need to pray for some miracles.

Either way, I'm with you.....let's forget the past, and hope for the best.

Diamondring
12-19-2012, 05:47 PM
I don't blame a lot of you for getting mad. The Giants offense is putting me on the line. I said their offense is a high scoring offense. Well what have they done, scored nothing. Yet don''t forget that other teams have talent as well and the Giants played a lot of them.

joemorrisforprez
12-19-2012, 05:48 PM
I don't blame a lot of you for getting mad. The Giants offense is putting me on the line. I said their offense is a high scoring offense. Well what have they done, scored nothing. Yet don''t forget that other teams have talent as well and the Giants played a lot of them.

I think alot of people are upset with how Wilson was neglected in the Falcons game. I know that's why I've been pissed off.

ELI_HOF_NYG
12-19-2012, 05:49 PM
I think I get what you are saying.

Nobody knows what to expect from this team...... they can beat the 49ers, Packers, and Saints, but get creamed by Cincinnati.

This is a team that has alot of talent, but is terribly inconsistent.

It's a 2 game season now.....win and they are a lock to make the playoffs......lose, we need to pray for some miracles.

Either way, I'm with you.....let's forget the past, and hope for the best.

AMEN,,and one of those sign of the cross things.

dave56dj
12-19-2012, 09:20 PM
Blindly follow? how bout respect the career of players and coaches rather then flip flopping like the joe average fan from game to game. TC is a hall of fame coach and one of the greatest in our history but these boards still claim he and his staff are clueless....thats a joke.

Stats dont lie and while you may hate gilbride I am thoroughly pleased with his top ten offenses and thank god Jerry is too.

And while i agree tuck is clearly on the decline its also clear he is still a valuable asset except to all of you who know better.

Blind? No - rooting for ray handley who had no rep and never proved a thing would be blind - supporting TC and what he has done for the whole org. is a much different thing - sorry but he knows more then everyone on these boards and we watch on sundays and dare to say we are smarter - guess what we are not no matter if you called a shotgun draw or not (again one of the only ways to run out of the gun).

I never said any specific person said all these things, just the these have been the common complaints lately and are failry baseless.

Rat_bastich
12-19-2012, 11:39 PM
Sure, They can quit on the field and on the fans, but we cant quit on them??? Get real, I dont get paid a cent for watching and routing for this team, So when they crap the bed, I will state it as such.

Here! Here! I think we all love the team and the organization, but they laid down when they need the wins the most and not only did they lay down but they embarrassed themselves in the process. Week in and week out people complained about the Giants being picked against and the Giants' players whined about it as well. Well, they are proving those 'prognosticators' correct. The team flat out quit and the fans as a voice who pay to see games have to sit there and not say anything, that is BS. If the fans, paying customers, do not show their anger then nothing will change.

ashleymarie
12-20-2012, 12:05 AM

There are some of us who were fans in 60s & 70s. I was baptised in a Frank Gifford shirt. But I understand what you are saying. After cheering ones lungs out a few minutes break is necessary. Then a regrouping. We have been down that road a few times.

GO BIG BLUE. :)

GiantRoc
12-20-2012, 12:56 AM
I began following the Giants in the late 60's. I was a kid. I cried when they lost. As I grew up through the 70's losing was a way of life. We just shook ours heads in amazement at the inventive ways they found to lose. Now we have a team with a lot of talent. It is infuriating to see it wasted. It also upsets a lot of us seeing such a lack of fire and intensity. We should be a consistently high performing team. As fans, we don't want to settle cheering for half hearted, halfa**ed play. We don't believe the team should settle for it either. That's why we get angry. That's why we rant and vent. We don't want to go back to the days of the 70's when fans accepted mediocrity.

bill2000
12-20-2012, 03:01 AM
Been a Giants fan since the 70's. Believe me I've had my ups and downs with the team. Don't tell me I can't be pissed when I see a slump shouldered Eli at the start of a third quarter, or look at a bench full of guys equally not fired up to play their best game. Face it, they didn't play with any fire last week. Hard to win that way.

miked1958
12-20-2012, 04:39 AM
As Giants fans.. As LOYAL giants fans nothing should surprise you anymore. We've all experienced the highs and the lows of this football team. Thankfully for us more highs than lows. Most of you guys didnt live through the 60's-70's when we were really god awful. Present day fans of this team should rejoice! Listen, last week sucked I'll be honest with you. Sucked is putting it nicely. But as fans of this team you owe it to them to Rally behind them NO MATTER what... The run's that we had in 2007 and 2011 were incredible. We should be so grateful to have those to cherrish and remember.. But some of you guys have developed an extremely dangerous case of Amnesia. Last year at this time we were in a very similar situation.. I'm not one to compare teams but the one thing that does stick out was lose or go home... Fast foward exactly one year later and here we are.. Last year we ripped off 6 straight. This year ? We'll see. You guys are damn fools to quit on this team or not believe in these guys after the runs that we have been on. History has a way of repeating itself. I'm ALL IN... Are you? Are you REALLY ALL IN? Have faith in our boys.. No matter what. We have an amazing opprotunity to shock the world yet again... Positive vibes baby! LETS GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!dude me and giants420 just mad similar threads in last several days!!! We are on board and ALL IN with you

miked1958
12-20-2012, 04:44 AM
We wouldnt be the NYGs if we didn't so it the hard way.. Plus it's our way of lulling the top seeds to sleep making them think we will be Walkovers in the early rounds. Then before they realize it its to late and they are the ones getting embarrassed and the giants again become the POISON PILL we have come to know and love in the Playoffs that no one wants to play

Rat_bastich
12-20-2012, 05:16 AM
I don't think anyone but the North Korean and Chinese ping pong teams purposefully lie down for better seeding in the playoffs, especially when you are putting your playoff hopes in jeopardy. If you don't get there then it doesn't matter.

OX1
12-20-2012, 07:02 AM

WHAT A CROCK!!!!!!!!! So let me get this straight. I've been an Engineer for 29 years next month. What your saying is my boss and co-workers should never criticize anything I do now, because I am so much better than the clueless, fresh out of college kid I was back then. Bulldinky, no one gets off that easy with me and I personally don't expect to be treated any different.

BTW, this is message board to talk about the Giants. Maybe they should start a RAH-RAH-RAH section where no negative words can be mentioned, then you can only read that and be happy.

BillTheGreek
12-20-2012, 07:25 AM
It's called " Democracy "

http://inventors.about.com/gi/o.htm?zi=1/XL&zTi=1&sdn=inventors&cdn=money&tm=57&gps=87_31_1138_524&f=00&su=p284.13.342.ip_&tt=3&bt=0&bts=0&st=12&zu=http%3A//0.tqn.com/d/inventors/1/0/F/w/football_ball.jpg

I'll say what I want, and when I want ! Come on GMen Win 2 games & your in !

There’s always somebody saying that Giants can’t do it, and those people have to be ignored.

jomo
12-20-2012, 07:43 AM
As Giants fans.. As LOYAL giants fans nothing should surprise you anymore. We've all experienced the highs and the lows of this football team. Thankfully for us more highs than lows. Most of you guys didnt live through the 60's-70's when we were really god awful. Present day fans of this team should rejoice! Listen, last week sucked I'll be honest with you. Sucked is putting it nicely. But as fans of this team you owe it to them to Rally behind them NO MATTER what... The run's that we had in 2007 and 2011 were incredible. We should be so grateful to have those to cherrish and remember.. But some of you guys have developed an extremely dangerous case of Amnesia. Last year at this time we were in a very similar situation.. I'm not one to compare teams but the one thing that does stick out was lose or go home... Fast foward exactly one year later and here we are.. Last year we ripped off 6 straight. This year ? We'll see. You guys are damn fools to quit on this team or not believe in these guys after the runs that we have been on. History has a way of repeating itself. I'm ALL IN... Are you? Are you REALLY ALL IN? Have faith in our boys.. No matter what. We have an amazing opprotunity to shock the world yet again... Positive vibes baby! LETS GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!+1

And by the way, "some" don't suffer from amnesia, they suffer from terminal pessimism, glass half empty syndrome.

BillTheGreek
12-20-2012, 08:09 AM
We wouldnt be the NYGs if we didn't so it the hard way.. Plus it's our way of lulling the top seeds to sleep making them think we will be Walkovers in the early rounds. Then before they realize it its to late and they are the ones getting embarrassed and the giants again become the POISON PILL we have come to know and love in the Playoffs that no one wants to play

^ +1
^ DITO ! ^

http://inventors.about.com/gi/o.htm?zi=1/XL&zTi=1&sdn=inventors&cdn=money&tm=57&gps=87_31_1138_524&f=00&su=p284.13.342.ip_&tt=3&bt=0&bts=0&st=12&zu=http%3A//0.tqn.com/d/inventors/1/0/F/w/football_ball.jpg
There’s always somebody saying that Giants can’t do it, and those people have to be ignored.

bigblue58
12-20-2012, 09:43 AM
Don't worry they will all be back on the bandwagon after the Giants win this week.

To accuse people of being bandwagon jumpers for giving fair and deserved criticism when they play like garbage is even more idiotic than the "true fans never criticize the team" argument!
You know what they call fans who give their team credit whether they deserve it or not? Cowboy Fans!
I love the fact that our fan base is made up of people who are honest and make this team earn the accolades we are so quick to voice when they play good football.

TAILGATIN'
12-20-2012, 10:51 AM
Cr@p man... Im with you. 34 to nil is fine in my book. You expect fans to be happy right now? Wrong forum homie. Im sure everyone here is "all in", but you gotta vent with a loss like that. Its BS this late in the season.

bklyn1028
12-20-2012, 01:04 PM
AMEN,,and one of those sign of the cross things.

++

bklyn1028
12-20-2012, 01:08 PM
You guys are missing the point...and so is the OP.....What he means is.....never lose faith in them, :

Dear ol Yogi..."It ain't over till it's over!"

And youse guys are correct that he (OP) doesn't understand...that you're entitled to vent..My God..I screamed last week that my grandson said my veins popped out when Eli threw the first int.

We are all frustrated, but OP....no one here will EVER jump off the jints bandwagon....we're not like that, but we're entitled to vent when they play like they did...I mean come on....not ONE friggin point????

And fellas, all he means is don't lose faith...(Which I don't think any of us will)

Hooligans
12-20-2012, 05:01 PM

Still doesn't change the fact that the 2012 Giants are gagging like few tems in NFL history ever have. In a month and a half they went to shoe-in NFC East Champs to out of the playoffs....that is beyond pathetic and not acceptable under any conditions.

GameTime
12-20-2012, 05:07 PM
Still doesn't change the fact that the 2012 Giants are gagging like few tems in NFL history ever have. In a month and a half they went to shoe-in NFC East Champs to out of the playoffs....that is beyond pathetic and not acceptable under any conditions.

Nobody was a "shoe in" a month and half ago......

NYCDBS
12-20-2012, 08:58 PM
Sure, They can quit on the field and on the fans, but we cant quit on them??? Get real, I dont get paid a cent for watching and routing for this team, So when they crap the bed, I will state it as such.

My sentiments exactly. That game last week was atrocious. There was no effort on either side of the ball. It's like they thought that winning that game was a given...

brad
12-20-2012, 09:17 PM
Blindly follow? how bout respect the career of players and coaches rather then flip flopping like the joe average fan from game to game. TC is a hall of fame coach and one of the greatest in our history but these boards still claim he and his staff are clueless....thats a joke.

Stats dont lie and while you may hate gilbride I am thoroughly pleased with his top ten offenses and thank god Jerry is too.

And while i agree tuck is clearly on the decline its also clear he is still a valuable asset except to all of you who know better.

Blind? No - rooting for ray handley who had no rep and never proved a thing would be blind - supporting TC and what he has done for the whole org. is a much different thing - sorry but he knows more then everyone on these boards and we watch on sundays and dare to say we are smarter - guess what we are not no matter if you called a shotgun draw or not (again one of the only ways to run out of the gun).

I never said any specific person said all these things, just the these have been the common complaints lately and are failry baseless.

I didn't notice this before but assume it was directed at my post.

I haven't called for anyone to be fired, although I am not a big fan of KG or PF, butI do recognize the contribution that KG has made to this team and to the offense. However, what I find offensive is someone trying to define what a good fan is based on their reaction to a loss, or win. There is no one right way to be a fan... what matters is that you root for the team, through good and bad. Some do that by being very positive and never saying that players did poorly, others are quite willing to call out players when they don't do well. Some admittedly take all of that too far. However, that doesn't make them less of a fan, it just makes them a little crazy or "fanatical"... which is, after all, the root of being a fan in the first place.

Apparently that didn't come through in the first post I hope this is a bit more clear.

tonyt830
12-20-2012, 10:13 PM
As Giants fans.. As LOYAL giants fans nothing should surprise you anymore. We've all experienced the highs and the lows of this football team. Thankfully for us more highs than lows. Most of you guys didnt live through the 60's-70's when we were really god awful. Present day fans of this team should rejoice! Listen, last week sucked I'll be honest with you. Sucked is putting it nicely. But as fans of this team you owe it to them to Rally behind them NO MATTER what... The run's that we had in 2007 and 2011 were incredible. We should be so grateful to have those to cherrish and remember.. But some of you guys have developed an extremely dangerous case of Amnesia. Last year at this time we were in a very similar situation.. I'm not one to compare teams but the one thing that does stick out was lose or go home... Fast foward exactly one year later and here we are.. Last year we ripped off 6 straight. This year ? We'll see. You guys are damn fools to quit on this team or not believe in these guys after the runs that we have been on. History has a way of repeating itself. I'm ALL IN... Are you? Are you REALLY ALL IN? Have faith in our boys.. No matter what. We have an amazing opprotunity to shock the world yet again... Positive vibes baby! LETS GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!As fans, we have the right to cheer or boo our team however we choose to. When they stink it up, I will say they stunk, if they win, I admit they played well. But if we do critique our team, that does not make us less of a fan or disloyal, it make us a realist and not some kool aid drinking, blinded homer. Its good to be a glass half full type of person, but to tell fans to go root for the Jets or they are not loyal fans, because they vented after a terrible loss where the Giants did not show up, is not right either.

Yes, not all of us endured the dark years from the mid 60s through the 70s. And yes the Giants have won 2 of the past 5 Superbowls. But if our opinion, or how we praise or critique differs from yours, does not make us any less of a fan.