PDA

View Full Version : Tebow as a TE?

nyfan1029
12-19-2012, 08:56 AM
Tebow is the same size as Chris Cooley, almost as big as Jeremy Shockey, and at least as good if not a better athlete. Based on his documented leadership, athleticism, football IQ, and old school type football player could he make it as a TE somewhere. The Giants have a need for a 2nd TE, even though I am a Bear fan, maybe he could fill the void.....better than Beckum for sure.

RoanokeFan
12-19-2012, 08:58 AM
Tebow is the same size as Chris Cooley, almost as big as Jeremy Shockey, and at least as good if not a better athlete. Based on his documented leadership, athleticism, football IQ, and old school type football player could he make it as a TE somewhere. The Giants have a need for a 2nd TE, even though I am a Bear fan, maybe he could fill the void.....better than Beckum for sure.

We have Pascoe who can also play FB if asked,

Hassett00
12-19-2012, 09:13 AM
I don't get why peoPle say he can be a tightend or fullback. Yeah he has the build. But if you just ask this. If he's willing to put all that effort and training into perfecting those positions, why doesn't he just work on his blatant passing mechanic problems. I feel for the guy. Everyone bashes him. Wasnt his fault, well not entirely that the offence he played with for the gators is nfl standard. The jets ruIned him. He should go to somewhere like the Jags/titans to fulfill his nfl QB dream. We don't need another TE. Bennett has been good and I trust pascoe. If it comes to it just resign Ballard after the season when he's healthy. Don't see the pats need for him.

GameTime
12-19-2012, 10:57 AM
The Jets have ruined Tebow and Sanchez IMO. Not saying they are or will be great QBs, etc. But the Jets have no idea what they are doing as an org and have set these guys up with 0 to work with. If I was Tebow or Sanchez I would take the loss, give the Jets whatever money back they will owe and get the **** out of there as fast as possible.....

ebick
12-19-2012, 11:06 AM
why doesn't he just work on his blatant passing mechanic problems.

There are many who think his problems passing are something that can't be taught or corrected.

Not saying I want him, but I was saying that he should be converted to a TE when he was still a Gator.

Kruunch
12-19-2012, 11:08 AM
The Jets have ruined Tebow and Sanchez IMO. Not saying they are or will be great QBs, etc. But the Jets have no idea what they are doing as an org and have set these guys up with 0 to work with. If I was Tebow or Sanchez I would take the loss, give the Jets whatever money back they will owe and get the **** out of there as fast as possible.....

+1

(but I love the entertainment value)

Moke
12-19-2012, 11:21 AM

This is an insane idea. I hate the Jet fans that are saying Tebow as RB. Never will happen.

nhpgiantsfan
12-19-2012, 11:23 AM
I can't believe I am reading a discussion about turning a back up QB, (who has done absolutely nothing this football season) into a TE. Tim Tebow is nothing. He is a non factor in the NFL. He is a bench player. His stardom has nothing to do with his football ability. Am I missing something here. Are other teams message boards talking about David Carr, or Charlie Batch. What is the fascination people have with finding a use for this guy. Face it, he was a good college player who's game does not translate to the NFL. His career will be brief.

BlueJayC
12-19-2012, 11:24 AM
Why get a Tebow when you have a Beckum?

Giants don't need a tight end for years to come.......Bennett is good for a couple years.....Pascoe is more than an adequate 2nd and Robinson will be a beast once he gets the playbook down and an opportunity.

Toadofsteel
12-19-2012, 11:35 AM
Why get a Tebow when you have a Beckum?

Giants don't need a tight end for years to come.......Bennett is good for a couple years.....Pascoe is more than an adequate 2nd and Robinson will be a beast once he gets the playbook down and an opportunity.

This. Bennett/Robinson will be the NFC's Gronk/Hernandez... at least as long as Killdrive realizes what he can do with that kind of talent...

Flip Empty
12-19-2012, 12:20 PM
Bennett is only under contract for this year, though. Who knows if he'll be back next season.

BuffyBlueII
12-19-2012, 12:30 PM
We should get Timmy Tebow as our backup QB.

Moke
12-19-2012, 12:51 PM
We should get Timmy Tebow as our backup QB.

Um. No.

Broadway Blue
12-19-2012, 12:56 PM
I think Tebow should go to the CFL and pull a Doug Flutie or Jeff Garcia

BuffyBlueII
12-19-2012, 01:02 PM
I think Timmy Tebow is for nothing else, should be given a consulting fee to come and give a pep talk to our defense before games. maybe then they would at least act as if they cared.

BlueJayC
12-19-2012, 01:24 PM
I don't think I'd object to having Tebow as a backup to Eli.......I'd have more faith in him than Carr. He can even compete for the MLB spot.

ozzie0075
12-19-2012, 01:57 PM
I don't think I'd object to having Tebow as a backup to Eli.......I'd have more faith in him than Carr. He can even compete for the MLB spot.

There is no way the Giants want anything to do with that circus.

Toadofsteel
12-19-2012, 01:58 PM
I'd rather have Sanchez as our backup than Tebow. At least with a little expectation of maturity around him, he might actually learn a thing or two...

ibbill
12-19-2012, 02:00 PM

Waste of Ink and time talking about this guy.