PDA

View Full Version : Giants' Kenny Phillips Returns To Practice, Ahmad Bradshaw Held Out

RoanokeFan
12-19-2012, 12:31 PM
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/12/giants_kenny_phillips_to_retur.html

Excerpt: "Both Kenny Phillips and Ahmad Bradshaw, both dealing with sprained knee injuries, have said they will play Sunday against the Ravens.

At least one of them is in line to do so.

Tom Coughlin said Phillips will practice today, but Bradshaw won't.

"With Kenny we feel like he's rested and ready to contribute," Coughlin said of the safety, adding that he will be limited.

Phillips originally suffered his sprained MCL against the Eagles in Week 4. He then aggravated it in his first game back against the Packers in Week 12. He played the next week against the Redskins, but in a limited role.

He hasn't practiced since.

As for Bradshaw, Coughlin insisted his participation in practice and in the game Sunday will be a medical one. The running back missed Sunday's game after he sprained his left knee last week and said on Monday that he believes thing would've been different if he had been on the field." Read more...

ebick
12-19-2012, 12:35 PM
What about the Prince?

dillyyo1972
12-19-2012, 12:46 PM
What about the Prince?

IMO, the only way we likely see prince is if we are deep in the playoffs and even then I'm skeptical. I don't think there is a more destructive and persistently reoccurring injury for sprint athletes than a hamstring tear is. He pulled up hard on it so I'm guessing he got a good pop out of it. The fact that he's a db and explosive reactionary drive is critical for performance, even if he did come back I think he's a hindrance and just unable to adequately perform. Of course this could be a very minor grade I tear and maybe he's back within the next week or two, but the orgs lack of any info on his status tells me it's a strong grade II tear.

timmytimm3
12-19-2012, 12:49 PM
What about the Prince?

There were nine players on the pre-practice injury report, including Prince Amukamara (hamstring), David Baas (hip/shoulder), Chris Canty (neck),Ahmad Bradshaw (feet/neck), Hakeem Nicks (knee/foot), Tyler Sash(hamstring), Chris Snee (hip), Justin Tuck (shoulder) and Kenny Phillips (knee).Of those nine players listed, Bradshaw, Baas, Snee and Nicks will not practice. Phillips and Amukamara will. And the coach said he "thinks" Canty will as well.

Toadofsteel
12-19-2012, 12:52 PM
Whats going to happen if Baas and Snee can't play? Cordle is our only backup for T/G

ibbill
12-19-2012, 01:02 PM
Whats going to happen if Baas and Snee can't play? Cordle is our only backup for T/G

stuck with the Caper.Selfish I know but thats it.

Toadofsteel
12-19-2012, 01:04 PM
stuck with the Caper.Selfish I know but thats it.

What's the big diehl?