PDA

View Full Version : Eli must follow Roethlisberger's lead and call out his OC.

Chris Christie
12-19-2012, 06:45 PM
Eli needs to call out Gillbride when he has it coming to him. Probably not in a public forum like Big Ben did, but pull Gillbride aside and come up with a better strategy, because the one they are using isn't working obviously. Eli has many strengths and Gillbride isn't turning Eli loose, he's restraining him. Maybe try a little no huddle, hurry up offense. Sometimes I just scratch my head, like why the hell did he just call that play. I know there's a reason why KG is paid to do what he does, and it's easy for all of us to be couch coaches, but why is it that he calls the same plays over and over again? His opponents already know what play he's going to choose before he chooses it, too predictable!

http://usat.ly/REoduX

ELI_HOF_NYG
12-19-2012, 06:47 PM
Eli needs to call out Gillbride when he has it coming to him. Probably not in a public forum like Big Ben did, but pull Gillbride aside and come up with a better strategy, because the one they are using isn't working obviously. Eli has many strengths and Gillbride isn't turning Eli loose, he's restraining him. Maybe try a little no huddle, hurry up offense. Sometimes I just scratch my head, like why the hell did he just call that play. I know there's a reason why KG is paid to do what he does, and it's easy for all of us to be couch coaches, but why is it that he calls the same plays over and over again? His opponents already know what play he's going to choose before he chooses it, too predictable!

ben apologized to him I believe, so I dunno what that means as far as making progress.

joemorrisforprez
12-19-2012, 06:47 PM
I disagree. I don't want Eli to emulate Roethlisberger at all.

But I agree that Gilbride has really stagnated.....I just think it's job of the head coach to critique the OC.

CGYgiant
12-19-2012, 06:49 PM

yep because clearly, Gilbride is the reason Eli has some decision making issues.

Chris Christie
12-19-2012, 06:50 PM
ben apologized to him I believe, so I dunno what that means as far as making progress.
He only apologized because he did it in a public forum. I said pull Gillbride aside and call him out. At least Ben has the go nads to question his OC's play calling.

Chris Christie
12-19-2012, 06:52 PM
yep because clearly, Gilbride is the reason Eli has some decision making issues.
Ben threw an interception and blamed his OC, it has a lot to do with it. Read the article.

RoanokeFan
12-19-2012, 06:56 PM

Even if Eli doesn't agree with your assessment?

freeoscar
12-19-2012, 07:00 PM
This is too rich. 1/2 the people on this board are calling for the Giants to fire Gilbride despite the 2 SBs and decent performance thus far this year. The Steelers did just that last year, and now look at the dysfunction they are facing. Meanwhile, Arians will be up for coach of the year honors for what he has done w/Luck and the Colts.

Chris Christie
12-19-2012, 07:03 PM
Even if Eli doesn't agree with your assessment?
Lol, yes. Should Eli just stand idle and take every single play call that's dished out to him? Even if it's failed over and over again?
Obviously it got to Ben, so it MUST get to our boy Eli. I think he's too easy going sometimes. One of my buddies was just saying, "how come you never see Eli fired up on the sidelines", he kind've just stands there with that blank look on his face. He's gotta start showing some emotion, and letting people know things get to him....something has to give here.

RoanokeFan
12-19-2012, 07:07 PM
Lol, yes. Should Eli just stand idle and take every single play call that's dished out to him? Even if it's failed over and over again?
Obviously it got to Ben, so it MUST get to our boy Eli. I think he's too easy going sometimes. One of my buddies was just saying, "how come you never see Eli fired up on the sidelines", he kind've just stands there with that blank look on his face. He's gotta start showing some emotion, and letting people know things get to him....something has to give here.

You're making a lot of assumptions about things you know nothing about.

Chris Christie
12-19-2012, 07:13 PM
You're making a lot of assumptions about things you know nothing about.
You're right, maybe I shouldn't assume anything gets to him, hence the blank look on his face after he throws a pick, or after a quick 3 and out. :p

G-MANning4Life
12-19-2012, 07:17 PM
I disagree. I don't want Eli to emulate Roethlisberger at all.

But I agree that Gilbride has really stagnated.....I just think it's job of the head coach to critique the OC.
What I was coming on this forum to say. Eli is a player. At most, he can make suggestions, but Coughlin needs to be the one to lay down the law. I do agree that Eli is being held back by some of the play calling though. HE generally does very well when he's let loose and allowed to do his own play calling with the no huddle offense.

YATittle1962
12-19-2012, 07:21 PM
Eli is a team guy and knows his role

he believes in the system that has brought him 2 championships ......as he should

as soon as a player doesn't buy in the formula for failure breeds

we as fans don't have to buy in.....the players do

RoanokeFan
12-19-2012, 07:22 PM
You're right, maybe I shouldn't assume anything gets to him, hence the blank look on his face after he throws a pick, or after a quick 3 and out. :p

Eli is not openly demonstrative most of the time and hasn't been since he's been here. Not when we're winning, losing or not playing.

But we don't know how much input Eli has in the "offensive gameplan" every week. We do know that he has the option of changing, at the LOS, any play called based on what defense he thinks he sees.

Eli's "blank look" that you joke about is how he puts what has just happened, good or bad, away and gets ready for the next play. How often do you see him run down the field after throwing a TD?

Harooni
12-19-2012, 08:18 PM
Eli is not going to do it because believe it or not the giants have been covering for eli's short comings for years. They knew Eli struggled with throwing in the meadowlands and had bad mechanics

Flip Empty
12-19-2012, 08:19 PM
One of my buddies was just saying, "how come you never see Eli fired up on the sidelines", he kind've just stands there with that blank look on his face. He's gotta start showing some emotion, and letting people know things get to him....something has to give here.
That's just how Eli is. He internalises. It doesn't mean he doesn't care.

The only outburst I can remember seeing from him came during the 2009 rout by the Saints. Bradshaw blew a block and Eli actually smacked him around a bit.

Clearly he does get pissed, he just tries to make sure it's with himself.

RoanokeFan
12-19-2012, 08:28 PM
Eli is not going to do it because believe it or not the giants have been covering for eli's short comings for years. They knew Eli struggled with throwing in the meadowlands and had bad mechanics

And just when I thought this thread was dead...

Harooni
12-19-2012, 08:31 PM
And just when I thought this thread was dead... haha

well they changed his QB coach and OC before Gilbride has been the one to make the most out of Eli's "style"

RoanokeFan
12-19-2012, 08:37 PM
haha

well they changed his QB coach and OC before Gilbride has been the one to make the most out of Eli's "style"

I'll be back in 20 or 30 pages...:rolleyes:

Chris Christie
12-19-2012, 08:55 PM
Eli is not openly demonstrative most of the time and hasn't been since he's been here. Not when we're winning, losing or not playing.

But we don't know how much input Eli has in the "offensive gameplan" every week. We do know that he has the option of changing, at the LOS, any play called based on what defense he thinks he sees.

Eli's "blank look" that you joke about is how he puts what has just happened, good or bad, away and gets ready for the next play. How often do you see him run down the field after throwing a TD?
Not often.....but I do love seeing his slight fist pump when he scores a TD.

nycisgreat
12-19-2012, 09:02 PM

I disagree. Although I don't like what KG is doing to our offense, Eli has to respect authority no matter what the circumstances are. He is a player and not a coach. When people challenge authority, it causes instability on teams, families, classroom, etc. If someone is doing something wrong, that people will face the consequences sooner or later. Also, I think it is just a classless thing to do. We are the fans it is our job to let KG know he sucks. If know it, I am pretty everyone else in the FO know it too. The leagues knows it too. That is most likely why he doesn't get offered any HC jobs.

ozzie0075
12-19-2012, 09:11 PM
Ben is just a disrespectful person. He has been disrespectful to coaching staff by calling out his OC. His off field actions have been disrespectful to the organization and the fans.

Baby Bulls
12-19-2012, 10:29 PM
Harooni,

Why don't you go buy some time with Tiki and stay out of this thread.

YATittle1962
12-19-2012, 10:49 PM
Harooni,

Why don't you go buy some time with Tiki and stay out of this thread.

yr screen name is awesome

that was an exciting era in Giants history

joemorrisforprez
12-20-2012, 12:02 AM
And just when I thought this thread was dead...

lol

ImElectric2
12-20-2012, 01:20 AM
How about NNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

bill2000
12-20-2012, 04:14 AM
Eli would do better to call out his O-line. They get no push and are as leaky as a sieve. Sad when a potential star RB gets no play time because he doesn't excel at pass protection when what he should be doing is setting up for a dump-off screen pass.

Rat_bastich
12-20-2012, 04:17 AM
I would think that with the way the Giants' organization and Eli handles things that if something was to be called out it would be done in the coaches office. I don't think Eli would do it in a public forum.

TomCat_FIN
12-20-2012, 05:28 AM
Eli would do better to call out his O-line. They get no push and are as leaky as a sieve. Sad when a potential star RB gets no play time because he doesn't excel at pass protection when what he should be doing is setting up for a dump-off screen pass.

The O-line hasn't been pushed around, IMO. They have been reliable for most of the season. Eli has taken what, 15 sacks?

The problem is Gilbride and his idiotic play-calling. Eli could also check out of those plays, but the basic scheme comes from KG.

Who the eff calls for a 5 yard passing play on 3rd and 10 with your team trailing?? Or a MINUS 6 yard screen pass (Lumpkin fumble) on 3rd and long???

That was some of the most boneheaded play calling I have seen in a long time.

GiantRoc
12-20-2012, 05:31 AM
First and foremost, Eli would never, (and should never), call out a coach. Archie would kick his butt. A Manning just doesn't do that. Second, Eli is too busy going over what happened in the last series with coaches and players, to be cheerleading on the sidelines. However, I have seen on many occassions Eli jumping around on the sidelines when the D or Special teams makes a good play. Harooni, get off his back. When he was new in the league he had some bad mechanics. He couldn't get away with things in the NFL, that he did in college. Imagine a QB having to learn the difference between pros and college. Lastly, PLEASE stop with the 2 SB wins. Like Gilbride, the god of football, lead us to those wins. Our offense sputtered plenty in those playoff runs. Our defense stepping up is what really took us over the top in those runs. I love that we won, but our 2 wins were closer than they had to be because our offense could not design a play to get us in the damned endzone as much as it should have. There is plenty of blame to spread all over the place. I don't think it's wrong to dump a heaping spoon full on Gilbrides plate.