PDA

View Full Version : Victor Cruz Visits Pinto Family in Newtown, CT.....

Cool Papa B.
12-19-2012, 09:06 PM
Cruz drove to Newtown, Conn., with his girlfriend, Elaina, and their daughter, Kennedy.

Cruz spent a little more than an hour talking to the Pinto family and playing some video games with kids from the local Pop Warner team that visited. He signed items for family members and the kids, many of them wearing his No. 80 jersey.

"We got to smile a little bit, which was good for them," Cruz said. "And it was a time where I just wanted to be a positive voice, a positive light in the time where it can be really negative. So it was a good time. They're a great family and they're really united right now at this time, and it was good to see.

"When you hear a kid that is such a big fan of you and such a big fan of the Giants and the team, and I was his favorite player, I felt like it was only right that I pay my respects to him and be as comforting to that family as much as I can."

Giants coach Tom Coughlin, who said the team was deeply affected by the tragedy, immediately sought out Cruz on Wednesday morning to thank the receiver at practice.

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=8762755

Moke
12-19-2012, 09:08 PM
I believe Roanoke posted this not too long ago. Great story nonetheless.

Cool Papa B.
12-19-2012, 09:13 PM
I believe Roanoke posted this not too long ago. Great story nonetheless.

Oh, he did? I looked back a few pages and didn't see anything so that's why I posted it. If he did then moderators please delete this thread.