PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again! About to start a 6 Game win streak!! Mark it down!!

miked1958
12-19-2012, 11:48 PM
okay. In 07 and last year I made some predictions.. I actually called the fourth loss in a row (GB game) but said it would be the game that gave us the confidence to make our run like the NE loss of 07. It came true and the thread is there to be seen in the archives, lol. Now I know we can't use a 34-0 beat down as a stepping stone/confidence builder to lead us to believe we can go all the way again. However I feel the giants have had enough confidence builder type games this year to draw of of (SF, GB, NO to name a few) to know that if they play their best ball they can hang with anyone. So I say they take account of themselves this week and realize they embarrassed themselves and Giants fans with their performance vs falcons Sunday and it is not fitting how a defending champ should look.

I predict they will come out a whole different confident team vs ravens Sunday afternoon. It will give them the boost they need to go into the last game and destroy their Achilles Heel Philly team to catapult us into the playoffs.... Then once there we will again assert ourselves as the dominating team we have all come to know on Road in Playoffs with rookies and Vets alike stepping up and making huge plays to get us our 3rd Title in 6 years!!! It all starts Sunday with a 31-10 beatdown of Baltimore.....

hey I even predicting very close to correct scores in 07 and 11 so take heed, lol.. Or just tell me to put down my Pipe and step away from the keyboard...

.I know a lot of Giants Nation has lost confidence with Eli and the Giants play in those Bad losses, but I have that same gut feeling again that I had in those two season and feel Lighting is about to strike for a 3rd Time!!

giantsacks
12-20-2012, 01:13 AM
I can see that happening just got a gut feeling that we will clinch sunday tho but im all on board wit your prediction bruh bruh #giantsnation

Buddy333
12-20-2012, 01:27 AM
Hope so but right now they look more like the 2010 team than the 2011 team.

DarkSaint
12-20-2012, 01:40 AM
That's incorrect. In 2010, We had tons of injuries, we had duke Calhoun and Derek hagen playing at wrs. Our defense is healthier and better now. J.Williams is healthy, Prince will be healthy going in. We just need the OC to implement a better game plan and we are good to go. We are going to destroy Baltimore and Philadelphia. Greenbay better hope we win the division or they are going to face us as the 6th seed and we will crush them then get revenge on the falcon. We all know that beating the falcons is an automatic SB win. .

egyptian420
12-20-2012, 01:43 AM
That's incorrect. In 2010, We had tons of injuries, we had duke Calhoun and Derek hagen playing at wrs. Our defense is healthier and better now. J.Williams is healthy, Prince will be healthy going in. We just need the OC to implement a better game plan and we are good to go. We are going to destroy Baltimore and Philadelphia. Greenbay better hope we win the division or they are going to face us as the 6th seed and we will crush them then get revenge on the falcon. We all know that beating the falcons is an automatic SB win. .man, we sucked ### last week...I don't think anything is automatic at this point. I think we have a chance of doing it just as big as a chance of getting wrecked. I hope to God we win, but I'm not that confident after what I just saw last week.

DarkSaint
12-20-2012, 01:48 AM
man, we sucked ### last week...I don't think anything is automatic at this point. I think we have a chance of doing it just as big as a chance of getting wrecked. I hope to God we win, but I'm not that confident after what I just saw last week.

I honestly think that, the falcons game is going to wake up our coaching staff and the players. They took the falcons for granted and I am beginning to think that they didn't show their cards. They played vanilla and then it got out of hand. I see us going on the offensive from the get go, similar to the packers game. I loved the intensity from both sides, Eli will be in playoff mode. It all depends on killdrive, he has to adapt and adjust to the defenses. The defenses know what's coming, they know our plays and they know where are receivers are going. So it's up to Killdrive ot add something new, readjust routes if we have to. more quick passes. Slants, screens to Wilson, maybe a play action pass attempt or 2. But we are taking this.

giantsfan420
12-20-2012, 02:23 AM
i made this same thread a couple nights ago lol i agree mike

Toadofsteel
12-20-2012, 02:25 AM
That's incorrect. In 2010, We had tons of injuries, we had duke Calhoun and Derek hagen playing at wrs. Our defense is healthier and better now. J.Williams is healthy, Prince will be healthy going in. We just need the OC to implement a better game plan and we are good to go. We are going to destroy Baltimore and Philadelphia. Greenbay better hope we win the division or they are going to face us as the 6th seed and we will crush them then get revenge on the falcon. We all know that beating the falcons is an automatic SB win. .

Yeah, about that...

giantsfan420
12-20-2012, 02:25 AM
I honestly think that, the falcons game is going to wake up our coaching staff and the players. They took the falcons for granted and I am beginning to think that they didn't show their cards. They played vanilla and then it got out of hand. I see us going on the offensive from the get go, similar to the packers game. I loved the intensity from both sides, Eli will be in playoff mode. It all depends on killdrive, he has to adapt and adjust to the defenses. The defenses know what's coming, they know our plays and they know where are receivers are going. So it's up to Killdrive ot add something new, readjust routes if we have to. more quick passes. Slants, screens to Wilson, maybe a play action pass attempt or 2. But we are taking this.i agree with some of this but i look at it a lil different. i see the atl game similarly to the wash. loss week 15 last year. we played horrifically, nothing worked, o/d/st...similar to Atl. This team goes on 2 win streaks a year like its their rule or something lol. well, i agree i think we go on a win streak starting with balt. we dont have any other choice. 4 game win streak min. i dunno if we win the sb but i think at least 4 games

ashleymarie
12-20-2012, 02:49 AM
I believe this team will get hot. The super bowl is waiting on us. I am not being silly. It's a gut feeling I have. Just can't let it go. I will let it go of course if we lose Sunday. But until that happens: SB here we come. Get the French Quarter ready.

BuffyBlueII
12-20-2012, 03:29 AM
Heres to hoping for the best.

Lets go NY Giants!

Eli Manning will lead this team to victory!

Rat_bastich
12-20-2012, 04:11 AM
I honestly think that, the falcons game is going to wake up our coaching staff and the players. They took the falcons for granted and I am beginning to think that they didn't show their cards. They played vanilla and then it got out of hand. I see us going on the offensive from the get go, similar to the packers game. I loved the intensity from both sides, Eli will be in playoff mode. It all depends on killdrive, he has to adapt and adjust to the defenses. The defenses know what's coming, they know our plays and they know where are receivers are going. So it's up to Killdrive ot add something new, readjust routes if we have to. more quick passes. Slants, screens to Wilson, maybe a play action pass attempt or 2. But we are taking this.

I remember the Patriots' game in '07 and how even though it was a loss, it woke the Giants up. But, in that game the Giants fought until the end and knew they could beat the Patriots. The Patriots were going on a total run of the NFL that year.

This Falcons' game seemed more...I don't know...gray. The looks on the player's faces and their body language said it all. Obviously they can use this last game as motivation or cry about it. Right now the Giants' camp seems real quiet.

DarkSaint
12-20-2012, 04:32 AM
i agree with some of this but i look at it a lil different. i see the atl game similarly to the wash. loss week 15 last year. we played horrifically, nothing worked, o/d/st...similar to Atl. This team goes on 2 win streaks a year like its their rule or something lol. well, i agree i think we go on a win streak starting with balt. we dont have any other choice. 4 game win streak min. i dunno if we win the sb but i think at least 4 games

bELIeve... :-) The team was flat, we need a spark to start the game. Deep play action pass or a big return and it's off to the races.

I remember the Patriots' game in '07 and how even though it was a loss, it woke the Giants up. But, in that game the Giants fought until the end and knew they could beat the Patriots. The Patriots were going on a total run of the NFL that year.

This Falcons' game seemed more...I don't know...gray. The looks on the player's faces and their body language said it all. Obviously they can use this last game as motivation or cry about it. Right now the Giants' camp seems real quiet.

That's what I attribute the humiliating loss to, the body language. They looked defeated after the first int. I don't think that it set the tone, but the fact that ATL knew everything that we were doing was disheartening. I believe with a few adjustments, that they always make in the playoffs we will be fine.

Crazy though isn't it, we made all the proper adjustments last year in the playoffs and outwitted Belicheat 3 times, twice with a week's rest, but now the draw play is the only thing they can come up with. LOL

miked1958
12-20-2012, 05:30 AM
i made this same thread a couple nights ago lol i agree mikehey you and I were the main one back then leading the charge! Give me a thread Title of the one u did other night so I can Post in it as well!

Also I posted in other Threads in regard to what you just said about how the falcon game reminded you of the bad loss to the skins last year.. As a matter of fact it's eerie... Both SB Seasons we lost in Week 15 to the skins. And by almost identical scores. Like you said nothing worked and they looked lost in both those games. They lost by scores of 22-10 and 23-10 to them. Now I realize 34-0 is not comparable to the two skins scores but in both those games we were dominated far more then the score indicated and the team showed that same disinterest. Hey and guess what the atlanta game was week 15.

In both those years we had tons of injury to key position (Oline, secondary, RB. WR,etc) and rookies came and and grew up and especially stepped up to help us go on the two six game winning streaks to win SBs. Whom will it be this time around?

miked1958
12-20-2012, 05:37 AM
I say people like Will Hill, Hosley, prince, J.William's, David Wilson, Ruben Randal, Ojomo and others wake the team up.

Also we get people like JJ, Hixon, rivers, herzlich, to make key plays.

In 07 Eli hit Tyree and then plax for the plays that defined a SB win

2011 he hit Mario and handed to AB..

Who will it be in 2012? I say we see RR or JJ make the huge play... Then either Cruz or David Wilson with the capper

miked1958
12-20-2012, 05:47 AM
By the way.. I mentioned in other threads. It seems like the giants almost do this on purpose. Making teams think and leading the top seeds to believe we will be easy Walkovers for them in early rounds. Just a tune up game per say. Then the game starts and before they know it its to late and they are the ones getting hammered and embarrassed in front of their home fans and it just snowballs..

.Yep it won't be long before the NYGs become that POISON PILL NO ONE WANTS TO PLAY. TRUST ME

And when that happens you know what that means guys? They go and get fitted for RINGS and leave the fans of other teams again shaking their heads and calling us lucky, lol

BklynBlue
12-20-2012, 09:25 AM

THIS

Antwuan
12-20-2012, 09:33 AM
I hope so.

There is a possibility that the Giants could play ever team in the playoffs that they played last year.

Antwuan
12-20-2012, 09:34 AM
Heres to hoping for the best.

Lets go NY Giants!

Eli Manning will lead this team to victory!

+1

G-MANning4Life
12-20-2012, 09:34 AM
Yeah, about that...
It can happen. Gilbride did it last year when our backs were up against the wall, and he didn't let up until we won the SB. After that, he immediately let up the following season lol.

I believe in our team. Maybe it took a beat down to motivate them from here on out? Who knows. We can speak statistics and game plans all day, but in the end, all we can do is watch and see. Regardless how they performed the previous week, I always anticipate the upcoming game, because you just NEVER KNOW with the current NYG who will show up.

Either way, I'm all in.

G-MANning4Life
12-20-2012, 09:42 AM
I hope so.

There is a possibility that the Giants could play ever team in the playoffs that they played last year.
I sure hope so! That way, before our game starts each week, the commentators can talk about the beating we gave those respective teams in the playoffs last year! I always love hearing about Giants dominance. Past, present or future.

rebelfan1966
12-20-2012, 09:50 AM
I got it marked down.... sure hope you are right.

BillTheGreek
12-20-2012, 11:00 AM
Let me borrow this from the NY Mets : "Ya gotta believe."

There’s always somebody saying that Giants can’t do it, and those people have to be ignored.

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/collegefanfare_2241_1104151956 (http://javascript<b></b>:makeWin('http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/collegefanfare_2241_1104075434',500,500);)

Jahh
12-20-2012, 11:07 AM
okay. In 07 and last year I made some predictions.. I actually called the fourth loss in a row (GB game) but said it would be the game that gave us the confidence to make our run like the NE loss of 07. It came true and the thread is there to be seen in the archives, lol. Now I know we can't use a 34-0 beat down as a stepping stone/confidence builder to lead us to believe we can go all the way again. However I feel the giants have had enough confidence builder type games this year to draw of of (SF, GB, NO to name a few) to know that if they play their best ball they can hang with anyone. So I say they take account of themselves this week and realize they embarrassed themselves and Giants fans with their performance vs falcons Sunday and it is not fitting how a defending champ should look.

I predict they will come out a whole different confident team vs ravens Sunday afternoon. It will give them the boost they need to go into the last game and destroy their Achilles Heel Philly team to catapult us into the playoffs.... Then once there we will again assert ourselves as the dominating team we have all come to know on Road in Playoffs with rookies and Vets alike stepping up and making huge plays to get us our 3rd Title in 6 years!!! It all starts Sunday with a 31-10 beatdown of Baltimore.....

hey I even predicting very close to correct scores in 07 and 11 so take heed, lol.. Or just tell me to put down my Pipe and step away from the keyboard...

.I know a lot of Giants Nation has lost confidence with Eli and the Giants play in those Bad losses, but I have that same gut feeling again that I had in those two season and feel Lighting is about to strike for a 3rd Time!!

Did yuo make any similar predictions in 2008, 2009, and 2010?