PDA

View Full Version : If we had Terrell Thomas healthy what would our record be?

Blueordead
12-20-2012, 01:49 AM
Just wondering.

fizzlesticks
12-20-2012, 01:57 AM
4-10 he would most likely start over Prince, giving us 2 horrible corners instead of 1.

Toadofsteel
12-20-2012, 01:58 AM
Maybe 1 more win. That win being the week 1 game vs the cowboys. With him in the game opposite webster, we don't ever have to resort to putting Tryon on the field...

That said, he would have most likely been a backup corner when Prince was healthy...

ELI_HOF_NYG
12-20-2012, 03:17 AM
4-10 he would most likely start over Prince, giving us 2 horrible corners instead of 1.

lol...truth hurts.

Rat_bastich
12-20-2012, 04:04 AM

Yep. Most likely he would've gotten the start over Prince early on and it would've been Webster and Thomas throughout. Webster has been getting lit up, while Prince has been good and getting better. Prince would've never gotten his shot.

Jppallday
12-20-2012, 04:17 AM
I'm gonna say we would have 2 more wins than we do now. TT is a very good player when he is healthy

rebelfan1966
12-20-2012, 11:38 AM
I hate to say it, but he is just one of those guys we cant depend on to stay healthy..... we have a few with durability issues and I think it is hurting the team.

Martyr
12-20-2012, 11:48 AM
The giants did win the super bowl with out him so its hard to say

nhpgiantsfan
12-20-2012, 11:51 AM
No difference. TT=done

dezzzR
12-20-2012, 11:57 AM
No difference. He was getting burned like Webster was when he was healthy.

Cloud57
12-20-2012, 12:10 PM
When was the last time we actually had a good secondary? pass rushers are overrated

ryan12
12-20-2012, 12:35 PM
the will's were good for a season or 2

TroyArcher
12-20-2012, 12:39 PM
Between TT & Prince you can get maybe 16 games a year, less this year.

M00KIE
12-20-2012, 12:41 PM
We would be doing a little better I'd assume. Not because I think he's any better (other than tackling well) but just in terms of depth.

quan the don
12-20-2012, 02:02 PM
When was the last time we actually had a good secondary? pass rushers are overrated
You sir are an idiot.

Cloud57
12-20-2012, 03:46 PM
You sir are an idiot.really? please explain. if your "ferocious pass rush" can't stop the run and your secondary is so poor that QBs can get rid of the ball quickly, your pass rush thus becomes ineffective and can't help you win games. A good or average secondary makes the QBs hold onto the ball longer which makes it easy to rush the QB.

VBGiantsFan
12-20-2012, 04:04 PM
really? please explain. if your "ferocious pass rush" can't stop the run and your secondary is so poor that QBs can get rid of the ball quickly, your pass rush thus becomes ineffective and can't help you win games. A good or average secondary makes the QBs hold onto the ball longer which makes it easy to rush the QB.

The max a decent secondary is supposed to be able to legitimately cover is about 5 seconds. A bad pass rush can allow the QB to linger much longer than that.

Giants football for years has been a great pass rush and we've been successful with it. Not many teams outside the Jets and now the Seahawks have a real shutdown secondary.

Penguin101
12-20-2012, 06:53 PM
Asking the wrong question...

If we had Kenny Phillips healthy what would our record be?

KP is the key piece in our D, he brings the intensity that we are lacking now.

ALLnygIN
12-20-2012, 07:47 PM
If TT was healthy I think he'd be a better option than webster, but I think Prince is better.. TT could make plays, but he got burned alot also, more than I've seen prince this season

Drez
12-20-2012, 07:53 PM
Yep. Most likely he would've gotten the start over Prince early on and it would've been Webster and Thomas throughout. Webster has been getting lit up, while Prince has been good and getting better. Prince would've never gotten his shot. I don't think that's true at all. We drafted Prince to play on the outside and to move TT to the slot and hybrid CB/S role..

quan the don
12-20-2012, 08:18 PM
really? please explain. if your "ferocious pass rush" can't stop the run and your secondary is so poor that QBs can get rid of the ball quickly, your pass rush thus becomes ineffective and can't help you win games. A good or average secondary makes the QBs hold onto the ball longer which makes it easy to rush the QB.
You were words were "Pass Rush is overrated". There is just no way that it is true. I can guarantee you if the Giants had an average pass rush and an above average secondary, we lose both SBs. An elite pass rush can neutrailze the opposing offense's weapons like the Giants have done against many teams.

Giantterp
12-20-2012, 10:01 PM
As ridiculous it is to me to think that one player other than an all pro type player would impact a season record...I have to say, that if he was healthy, they may have one the first Dallas game. It was a pretty close game and the CB play cost them the game.