PDA

View Full Version : Norv Turner

ELI_HOF_NYG
12-20-2012, 02:08 AM
this is the guy we need to put the full court press on once the season is over,,,he sucks as a head coach but is no doubt a brilliant offensive coordinator. He is willing to take such a position for a team with the pieces to win a super bowl,,he likes to throw the ball down field and will use the short passing game to make up for lack of a running game(if that is the case again next year). I think it is a win, win and Eli and the O will flourish under this guy.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/19/norv-talks-about-becoming-a-coordinator-again/

giantsfan420
12-20-2012, 02:26 AM
honestly, he would be one of the OCs we COULD actually transition this offense to his. he uses some sight adjustment philosophies, he has some Coryell ball in his scheme and KGs offense is an evolution of that imo.
That said, dunno if the FO/TC even has entertained the thought of getting rid of KG unfortunately/fortunately depending on ur stance on KG. Turner, imo, would be perfect here with Bennett and Wilson with the WRs we have...

ELI_HOF_NYG
12-20-2012, 02:27 AM
honestly, he would be one of the OCs we COULD actually transition this offense to his. he uses some sight adjustment philosophies, he has some Coryell ball in his scheme and KGs offense is an evolution of that imo.
That said, dunno if the FO/TC even has entertained the thought of getting rid of KG unfortunately/fortunately depending on ur stance on KG. Turner, imo, would be perfect here with Bennett and Wilson with the WRs we have...

a man can dream

ELI_HOF_NYG
12-20-2012, 02:28 AM

our offense could be dare i say,,,lethal under turner.

Rat_bastich
12-20-2012, 02:36 AM
Turner is definitely a better offensive coordinator than a head coach. I wouldn't throw out Kevin Gilbride, but if something were to happen to him then I wouldn't be against it.

ELI_HOF_NYG
12-20-2012, 02:38 AM
Turner is definitely a better offensive coordinator than a head coach. I wouldn't throw out Kevin Gilbride, but if something were to happen to him then I wouldn't be against it.

not only would i throw gilbride out to get turner,,i would drive him anywhere he wanted to go.

DarkSaint
12-20-2012, 03:39 AM
I just hope that some college team gives Gilbride a job. What about Jason Garrett? If the cowpokies lose to Washington and we win out they may miss the playoffs. If they miss, expect Jones to go hard after Sean payton.

ELI_HOF_NYG
12-20-2012, 04:01 AM
I just hope that some college team gives Gilbride a job. What about Jason Garrett? If the cowpokies lose to Washington and we win out they may miss the playoffs. If they miss, expect Jones to go hard after Sean payton.

good pont but I think I still prefer turner,,,I have a feeling peyton stays put.

ashleymarie
12-20-2012, 04:05 AM
Can Norv do better than KG?

Rat_bastich
12-20-2012, 05:22 AM

I think so. He was the Dallas coordinator when they had Aikman, Irvin, Smith and Harper. He is one of Ernie Zampese's products. He has always been a good coordinator, but his head coaching abilities suck. I think, like Bill Belichick, Jimmy Johnson has produced some poor head coaches but usually puts together effective coordinators. Another instance Dave Wannstedt sucked as a head coach on a few different levels, but was always a good defensive coordinator.

RoanokeFan
12-20-2012, 06:45 AM

Logic? Here?

Toadofsteel
12-20-2012, 08:18 AM

It would be hilarious to have either Garrett or Reid as our OC, and Rex Ryan as our DC next year...

nycisgreat
12-20-2012, 08:24 AM
not only would i throw gilbride out to get turner,,i would drive him anywhere he wanted to go.

lmao.

nycisgreat
12-20-2012, 08:26 AM
Honestly, I can't see it happening. Whether we make the playoffs or not. KG and PF are coming back. It bothers me some, but both guys has had success here.

Kendo15
12-20-2012, 08:53 AM
On a more serious note, has ANYONE ever seen Norv Turner and Principal Skinner in the same place at the same time??

Just saying ........

thegiantsrule10
12-20-2012, 09:10 AM
On a more serious note, has ANYONE ever seen Norv Turner and Principal Skinner in the same place at the same time??

Just saying ........

Haha

nhpgiantsfan
12-20-2012, 09:18 AM
Honestly, we would have to get shut out the final two games here for there to every be a chance of them letting KG go.

Joe Morrison
12-20-2012, 09:21 AM
this is the guy we need to put the full court press on once the season is over,,,he sucks as a head coach but is no doubt a brilliant offensive coordinator. He is willing to take such a position for a team with the pieces to win a super bowl,,he likes to throw the ball down field and will use the short passing game to make up for lack of a running game(if that is the case again next year). I think it is a win, win and Eli and the O will flourish under this guy.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/19/norv-talks-about-becoming-a-coordinator-again/
You probably want the Chin here to, let it go, never going to happen.

ozzie0075
12-20-2012, 09:23 AM
Not going to happen. Gilbride and Fewell will both be back next year.

JesseJames
12-20-2012, 10:58 AM
I think its time for the Giants to put loyalty to a coach aside and do whats best for the team, didn't Reese say that any time you have a chance to upgrade your team you do it , well Norv Turner is decidedly a huge upgrade over Gilbride...

Toadofsteel
12-20-2012, 11:01 AM
Honestly, we would have to get shut out the final two games here for there to every be a chance of them letting KG go.

If that's the case, than that's the second best option to making another playoff run...

Toadofsteel
12-20-2012, 11:02 AM
I think its time for the Giants to put loyalty to a coach aside and do whats best for the team, didn't Reese say that any time you have a chance to upgrade your team you do it , well Norv Turner is decidedly a huge upgrade over Gilbride...

This is my main problem with TC nowadays... he's loyal to certain individuals rather than the Giants organization.

M00KIE
12-20-2012, 11:07 AM

...soooo even if we win out, go deep into the playoffs/superbowl, you still think KG should be fired? C'mon.

BigBlue wins
12-20-2012, 11:22 AM
...soooo even if we win out, go deep into the playoffs/superbowl, you still think KG should be fired? C'mon.

Kevin Gilbride is going nowhere ladies and gentleman. He is very close to Coughlin. What Coughlin needs to do is force Kevin to invigorate his dusty playbook. I mean, have you really seen anything new in the past 3-4 years?

M00KIE
12-20-2012, 11:28 AM
Kevin Gilbride is going nowhere ladies and gentleman. He is very close to Coughlin. What Coughlin needs to do is force Kevin to invigorate his dusty playbook. I mean, have you really seen anything new in the past 3-4 years?

I understand that point, although what should he do, really? He's running the most potent offense we've ever had. I'm just more on the side of thinking it's an execution problem rather than a play calling problem. I mean he didn't call 2 picks and a fumble did he?

RoanokeFan
12-20-2012, 11:30 AM
This is my main problem with TC nowadays... he's loyal to certain individuals rather than the Giants organization.

What proof do you have for that statement? You don't think Reese and Mara are OK with the coaching staff? The Giants have fired three coordinators since 2006.

BigBlue wins
12-20-2012, 11:31 AM
I understand that point, although what should he do, really? He's running the most potent offense we've ever had. I'm just more on the side of thinking it's an execution problem rather than a play calling problem. I mean he didn't call 2 picks and a fumble did he?

No he didnt, but he did call Wilson out early in favor of Lumpkin. He also most likely called for those long passes that were deflected. I can say that one area of improvement is to improvise on dink and dunk plays. The long bomb has gotten us out of trouble sometimes, but that's what makes our offense potent.

egyptian420
12-20-2012, 11:34 AM
I'm not a KG hater (although some of his playcalls have driven me into insanity...ex: 3 shotgun draws in a row).....that being said, I actually think this could spice up our offense

M00KIE
12-20-2012, 11:39 AM
No he didnt, but he did call Wilson out early in favor of Lumpkin. He also most likely called for those long passes that were deflected. I can say that one area of improvement is to improvise on dink and dunk plays. The long bomb has gotten us out of trouble sometimes, but that's what makes our offense potent.

I can't fault him for putting Lumpkin in. He actually ran pretty well. But either way, when I saw Wilson get demolished on that blitz pick up (I realize he did make the block "enough") but my first thought was "holy crap Eli is gonna die today".

Red Dog
12-20-2012, 11:39 AM
Turner as in Norv being the same guy who has led San Diego to how manmy psot season wins and super bowls and with him having some of the greatest offensive weapons and a better passer than Eli, c'mon guys

egyptian420
12-20-2012, 11:44 AM
Turner as in Norv being the same guy who has led San Diego to how manmy psot season wins and super bowls and with him having some of the greatest offensive weapons and a better passer than Eli, c'mon guysHe's a terrible HC no one is denying that

giantcarll
12-20-2012, 12:19 PM

So true and thats because of them winning 2 superbowls together.The only way he goes is due to him getting a HC job either with college or NFL team or we bomb out altogether.And even then they might blame it on injuries .

Captain Chaos
12-20-2012, 12:22 PM
Spare me!