PDA

View Full Version : PARENTS AND GIANTS.

ashleymarie
12-20-2012, 02:44 AM
I saw a guy in the shoe dept. today telling his children (3 of them) to sit still because they had to get new shoes for the SB in NO. "IT'S THE COWBOYS YEAR", he said.

I stood there, angry because I wasn't wearing my Giants tshirt, and took in the scene. Those little kids were getting so excited, happiness all over their little faces, telling their dad what kind of shoes they wanted.

It reminded me of my dear grandmother. A stronger Giants fan I have never met. We all worshipped her so we are naturally Giants fans and will be until we leave this earth.

How many of you have rememberances of a beloved parent or grandparent or someone else sharing with you the joys of being a Giant?

ELI_HOF_NYG
12-20-2012, 02:57 AM
I saw a guy in the shoe dept. today telling his children (3 of them) to sit still because they had to get new shoes for the SB in NO. "IT'S THE COWBOYS YEAR", he said.

I stood there, angry because I wasn't wearing my Giants tshirt, and took in the scene. Those little kids were getting so excited, happiness all over their little faces, telling their dad what kind of shoes they wanted.

It reminded me of my dear grandmother. A stronger Giants fan I have never met. We all worshipped her so we are naturally Giants fans and will be until we leave this earth.

How many of you have rememberances of a beloved parent or grandparent or someone else sharing with you the joys of being a Giant?

me,,but he shouldn't have lied to the kids.

ashleymarie
12-20-2012, 03:59 AM

true dat. I wasn't sure how to feel.

miked1958
12-20-2012, 05:03 AM
For me my grandfather, father and all my uncles and cousins were huge Gmen fans when I grew up in late 60s early 70s.. It was a way of life I tell ya...

But I'm more concerned about those poor little kids that will be heart broken when these BAD GIANTS rip their hearts out and steal their trip to New Orleans...

Kinda like the little kid crying last year that was a SF fan and the Dad talking to him as he cried "but I wanted niners go to SB" and dad says I know son, maybe next year" Then says to him""BUT WHO'S GOT IT BETTER THEN US"" and kid says through tears.. """NO BODY"" lol

miked1958
12-20-2012, 05:04 AM
The NYG ripping out the hearts of our opponents fan base one game at a time over next six games

miked1958
12-20-2012, 05:05 AM
true dat. I wasn't sure how to feel.i would of said you may as well buy them adult shoes cause it may be another 20 years before they win another playoff game, lol

Rat_bastich
12-20-2012, 05:28 AM
Shoot first generation Giants fan here. My family is from the Ozarks of Missouri so they were St. Louis Cardinals(football..of course where we got Ottis Andersonfrom) fans when I was growing up. They were not hardcore and it wasn't until I joined the Marines that I saw really hardcore fans. Thats when my like for the Giants turned into love.

During the games in my barracks room I made sure I wore my boots so I didn't break my toes when kicking furniture.

SweetZombieJesus
12-20-2012, 05:36 AM
What a way to crush a child's spirit. Promise them something they can't possibly have and set them up for a lifetime of disappointment.

Buto
12-20-2012, 06:49 AM
You should have showed them that picture of uncle Jerry picking his nose.

Mercury
12-20-2012, 08:12 AM
It'll be a good life lesson for the kids. Life is full of disappointments. At least they'll have new shoes to protect their toes while their kicking the furniture.

G-MANning4Life
12-20-2012, 08:15 AM
lol I know! They're still at a point where they may not even make the playoffs at all. We have a better chance than they do.

Kruunch
12-20-2012, 08:27 AM

My grandfather had box seats in the Polo Grounds in 1925.

My grandfather went to the first Giants Championship in 1934.

My grandfather and my father watched the 1956 Championship together at Yankee Stadium.

My grandfather and I watched Super Bowl XXI together.

After Super Bowl XXV I woke up in a parking lot in the next state with no idea how I'd gotten there.

My wife and I were on our honeymoon and watched Superbowl XXXV together (she's owned me worse than the Ravens owned the Giants that day ;) ).

My wife, two daughters and I (along with the rest of our neighborhood) watched Superbowl XLII and XLVI together.

Since SB46, my youngest daughter has become a football fanatic including forcing me to teach her fantasy football this year.

The Giants have always meant family and friends to me.

ashleymarie
12-20-2012, 09:20 PM
You have provided wonderful answers, all of you. It has helped me put in perspective what I was feeling but didn't recognize it at the time. Thanks all.

ELI_HOF_NYG
12-20-2012, 09:47 PM
i would of said you may as well buy them adult shoes cause it may be another 20 years before they win another playoff game, lol

lol