PDA

View Full Version : Giants' Lawrence Tynes Is Confident He'll Get Back On Track

RoanokeFan
12-20-2012, 06:50 AM
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2..._is_confi.html (http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/12/giants_lawrence_tynes_is_confi.html)

Excerpt: "For all the inconsistencies plaguing the Giants throughout the season, one thing has remained a constant: Lawrence Tynes's right foot.

At least that was the case through 13 games. Entering Week 14 against the Saints, Tynes was converting field goals at a record-breaking pace the product of the Giants' frustrating tendency to have drives stall in the red zone at a high rate.

After finishing 3-for-4 against Washington in Week 13, he was 32-for-36 on the season. He's struggled since then. In the last two games he's just 1-for-3, with misses from 36 and 30 yards out. Going back to Washington, Tynes has missed three in the last three games.

"You can sit there and slump about it and be mad about it, but it's not going to do you any good," Tynes said. "I've done that very, very well in my career. I think I've missed two kicks three times in my career and I've played over 120 games. So you just got to look at it for what it is and kind of just move on. I think I do a good job of that. You get (peeved) off a little bit, but you just got to move on." Read more...

Antwuan
12-20-2012, 08:17 AM
Nice!

Toadofsteel
12-20-2012, 08:21 AM
What seems telling is that TC started going for it on 4th down in the red zone after that... so he obviously doesn't have much faith in Tynes.

RoanokeFan
12-20-2012, 08:52 AM
What seems telling is that TC started going for it on 4th down in the red zone after that... so he obviously doesn't have much faith in Tynes. That's not true. TC said he did it to try to give the offense something positive to build off if.

G-MANning4Life
12-20-2012, 08:55 AM
All I know is Tynes better get his act together. Some people on this board have stated he is the least of our worries. I disagree. A FG was the difference between winning and losing in Washington, which is the game he started his trend of missing. Bad snap, bad hold, bad kick, I don't care. As a unit, Special teams needs to get it together.

rebelfan1966
12-20-2012, 08:56 AM
I know TC said that, and that is probably part of the reason, but the TC of the past would have taken the points.... I think it was as much of a lack of confidence in Tynes as it was a Confidence booster for the offense.

G-MANning4Life
12-20-2012, 09:04 AM
I know TC said that, and that is probably part of the reason, but the TC of the past would have taken the points.... I think it was as much of a lack of confidence in Tynes as it was a Confidence booster for the offense.
You are right. TC of just LAST YEAR would have put 3 on the board and at least tried to get some momentum going for his team, as opposed to risking it all on a 4th down play that, if unsuccessful, would kill the momentum and drive of the team, which he did twice.

Always go for the more guaranteed path and live to score again in the next drive. Whatever he said, he wasn't too sure about Tynes making points, as I know I wasn't after these past 3 games with easy misses.

M00KIE
12-20-2012, 11:21 AM
Tynes struggles this time of year. Always has it seems.

NWKEffectElement
12-20-2012, 01:17 PM
He can and should be replaced. There are too many young kickers with stronger legs to be hanging on to him just because of his sentimental contributions in the past. This is a business and you could say he arguably cost us two games this season.

GameTime
12-20-2012, 02:47 PM
What seems telling is that TC started going for it on 4th down in the red zone after that... so he obviously doesn't have much faith in Tynes.
wrong....

GameTime
12-20-2012, 02:48 PM
He can and should be replaced. There are too many young kickers with stronger legs to be hanging on to him just because of his sentimental contributions in the past. This is a business and you could say he arguably cost us two games this season.
wrong....he has kept is many more games then he hasnt
there is a reason he ahs the most points this season

Cloud57
12-20-2012, 02:49 PM
Tynes is gonna be busy this Sunday because the Ravens have a good redzone defense and we still have Redzone problems.

GameTime
12-20-2012, 02:51 PM
Tynes is gonna be busy this Sunday because the Ravens have a good redzone defense and we still have Redzone problems.

yeah....hopefully he puts them through. Weatherford will get Tynes' head straight.....:)

joemorrisforprez
12-20-2012, 03:31 PM
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2..._is_confi.html (http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/12/giants_lawrence_tynes_is_confi.html)

Excerpt: "For all the inconsistencies plaguing the Giants throughout the season, one thing has remained a constant: Lawrence Tynes's right foot.

At least that was the case through 13 games. Entering Week 14 against the Saints, Tynes was converting field goals at a record-breaking pace – the product of the Giants' frustrating tendency to have drives stall in the red zone at a high rate.

After finishing 3-for-4 against Washington in Week 13, he was 32-for-36 on the season. He's struggled since then. In the last two games he's just 1-for-3, with misses from 36 and 30 yards out. Going back to Washington, Tynes has missed three in the last three games.

"You can sit there and slump about it and be mad about it, but it's not going to do you any good," Tynes said. "I've done that very, very well in my career. I think I've missed two kicks three times in my career and I've played over 120 games. So you just got to look at it for what it is and kind of just move on. I think I do a good job of that. You get (peeved) off a little bit, but you just got to move on." Read more...

Sorry, Tynes, but an NFL kicker that cannot hit from 50 in the best conditions needs to be a lot more accurate.

Most NFL kickers actually get called on to kick beyond the 30 yard line on occasion. We lost 2 tight NFC East games (Philly, DC) in part because of Tynes.

I'm not expecting him to hit everything outside 40 yards.....but unfortunately, there's no such thing as a chip shot with him.....missing from inside 40 is complete BS, especially since his range is inside 50 yards.

I get sick to my stomach watching Weatherford punt inside the other team's 40 yard line because Tynes simply sucks on long FGs.

Eli and Tynes helped to set the tone for the ***-kicking that followed v. the Falcons.