PDA

View Full Version : Giants' Kenny Phillips Getting Close, Ahmad Bradshaw Still Iffy

RoanokeFan
12-20-2012, 07:51 AM
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2..._bradshaw.html (http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/12/phillips_looks_ready_bradshaw.html)

Excerpt: "Both safety Kenny Phillips and running back Ahmad Bradshaw are dealing with sprained knee injuries, and both have said they will play Sunday against the Ravens.

At least one of them is in line to do so.

Phillips practiced Wednesday, though limited, for the first time in more than two weeks. He originally sustained a sprained knee ligament against the Eagles in Week 4. He then aggravated it in his first game back against the Packers in Week 12. He played the following week against the Redskins, but in a limited role, and hasn’t played over the last two games.

“With Kenny we feel like he’s rested and ready to contribute,” coach Tom Coughlin said.

Having Phillips on the field affords defensive coordinator Perry Fewell the option to use the three-safety package the Giants relied on last season, along with Antrel Rolle and Stevie Brown.

Bradshaw, however, didn’t practice and Coughlin insisted his return will be a medical decision and out of Bradshw’s resilient hands.

Bradshaw missed last Sunday’s game after he sprained his left knee last week and said Monday he believes things would’ve been different if he had been on the field.

“When he plays, he plays with fire, he plays with determination, he’s focused and he’s extremely physical,” Coughlin said. “He takes great pride in that aspect of the game for him. He takes great pride in defying what anyone says he can’t do. And he is someone on the sideline that’s not very patient and is not afraid to make a few comments about it.”

• CB Prince Amukamara practiced yesterday for the first time since straining his hamstring against the Saints on Dec. 9." Read more...

Buddy333
12-20-2012, 08:58 AM
No Bradshaw means big trouble.

RoanokeFan
12-20-2012, 09:08 AM
No Bradshaw means big trouble.

I'd rather have Phillips and Amukamara back than Bradshaw, but I would prefer to have him on the field as well.

Lumpkin did a pretty god job except for the fumble and I think Wilson and Lumpkin could be OK

Toadofsteel
12-20-2012, 09:22 AM
I'd rather have Phillips and Amukamara back than Bradshaw, but I would prefer to have him on the field as well.

Lumpkin did a pretty god job except for the fumble and I think Wilson and Lumpkin could be OK

The problem is that Wilson/Lumpkin is going to have Killdrive pretty much play Lumpkin only. Wilson is more likely to get more touches spelling Bradshaw...

Buddy333
12-20-2012, 09:23 AM
Having KP and Prince sure is great news but the offense needs to put some points on the board.