PDA

View Full Version : Eli Manning Refuses To Panic, Even As Giants Continue To Slip In December

RoanokeFan
12-20-2012, 07:52 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1224079 (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/vacchiano-calm-mann-eye-giant-december-storm-article-1.1224079)

Excerpt: "It has been a season that has made the heads of the defending Super Bowl champions spin, sometimes on a daily basis.

Even their coach finds it “baffling” how they can turn good practices into bad games, and no one can explain the wild weekly swings of a team with so much talent.

And in the middle of it all, with the chaos and commotion swirling around him as usual, is the Giants’ beacon of calmness.

That’s the way the calm, cool and always collected quarterback looked and sounded on Wednesday as he answered question after question about what’s wrong with the Giants and why their backs are once again up against the proverbial wall.

He knows they face potential elimination on Sunday.

He knows his own erratic play is a big reason why.

But if anyone was expecting to see signs of worry or concern or, really, anything at all well, then they just don’t know Manning. His unwavering, unemotional approach to the Giants’ seemingly annual dip into December madness is why he’s turned this into his favorite part of the season over the years.

“I think when you go through this, you sometimes feel like you’re the only team in this situation,” Manning says. “But there’s a lot of teams in this situation and very similar to us. They’ve got to win out to make it to the playoffs, and maybe they won’t make it to the playoffs.

“So we’re in a good position. I think you have to be excited about this position. You could always be better. You could always be a lot worse, too.” Read more...

Buddy333
12-20-2012, 09:01 AM
The offensive is a mess. They need to be a lot better.

RoanokeFan
12-20-2012, 09:07 AM
The offensive is a mess. They need to be a lot better.

We need an all out effort

G-MANning4Life
12-20-2012, 09:13 AM
There is no need to panic. You panic, you usually make mistakes. If they want a post-season run, they will show up these next two weeks with the necessary adjustments to win.

Antwuan
12-20-2012, 09:22 AM
Nice!

Toadofsteel
12-20-2012, 09:27 AM
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/003/193/1279052383758.jpg

rebelfan1966
12-20-2012, 09:54 AM
Eli is the cool hand luke of the NFL

JayMas9
12-20-2012, 10:54 AM
It's nice to read, but what I really struggle with his how we can actually put up zero points and have the general inconsistency the offense has had this year; with the skill position talent on the team and how long they've been in the offense (most specifically Manning whose in his 9th season in the darn offense). It really shouldn't happen at the rate it's happened.

Kruunch
12-20-2012, 10:57 AM
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll207/thevoicesofsteve/drunk-eli-manning.jpg

RoanokeFan
12-20-2012, 12:39 PM
There is no need to panic. You panic, you usually make mistakes. If they want a post-season run, they will show up these next two weeks with the necessary adjustments to win.

We must have panicked last week :p

MustWarnOthers
12-20-2012, 01:47 PM
It's nice to read, but what I really struggle with his how we can actually put up zero points and have the general inconsistency the offense has had this year; with the skill position talent on the team and how long they've been in the offense (most specifically Manning whose in his 9th season in the darn offense). It really shouldn't happen at the rate it's happened.

Exactly this.

I don't understand how a Manning family quarterback (good instincts, fundamentals, cerebral reads of defenses) along with the same offensive coordinator for this long cannot produce more consistently than they have. Between the receiving corp and not having to deal with huge swings in staffing changse, how the hell is our offense in situations in which they score ZERO points against a mediocre defense. It's alarming.