PDA

View Full Version : Jason Pierre-Paul: Defense Knows It Has To Do Better

RoanokeFan
12-20-2012, 06:55 AM
http://insidefootball.com/blog/archives/5697

Excerpt: "The Giants defense recorded 18 missed tackles last week against the Falcons, that first disclosed by defensive tackle Chris Canty on Monday.

To put that number into perspective, consider that the Giants played 67 snaps on defense, their missed tackles resulting in an average of one miss ever 3.72 snaps.

And that’s simply not Giants football according to defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul.

“We had 18 missed tackles man and that is not acceptable,” he said. “We cannot have missed tackles. That is one major cause of the game, we can’t have a guy and let him break free for more yards. That is not football. That is poor tackling and that is what we did. We have to go out there and wrap tackle.”

They’ll especially need to be vigilant in their tackling efforts against a Baltimore Ravens offense that is expected to unleash a heavy dose of running back Ray Rice on them.

“He is a good running back and he is likes to get yards after the run, after he gets hit. Most of the running backs we face in the league are like that, big running backs and we just got to get him down.”

Pierre-Paul admitted that there has been some frustration among the defense which one week has looked like a championship caliber group and which the next week has looked lost. When asked if the team has found its identity, he said, “Um, I really don’t know. I know one thing for a fact, I feel like we are one of the best teams in the NFL but week after week, we come out on top and then we fall back down and then we come out on top and then we are on a losing streak and then we come out on top again.”

Still, even Pierre-Paul was unable to guarantee which Giants team would show up on Sunday. “It’s hard. Week after week you don’t know what you are going to get from us,” he said. “We are not consistent until I guess somebody is going to get fired or our backs are against the wall or it is either all or nothing. That is where we are at right now. It is either all or nothing or we are going to pack our stuff and get out of here. And I am not trying to go home early. I want to make that run and at least get into the playoffs and showing that we can do it. That is what we are striving for and hoping we can get there.” Read more...

Dogg
12-20-2012, 09:39 PM
Well........get to it!!!!

Buddy333
12-20-2012, 10:34 PM
If the offense doesn't wake up it won't matter. Unless they became the best defense to ever play the game, shut teams out, and score points off turnovers.

G-MANning4Life
12-20-2012, 11:04 PM
JPP basically said what we all know. They CAN play well and be one of the best teams in the league, but they don't always. He couldn't even put his finger on why and he doesn't know which team will show up this Sunday. We'll just have to wait and see.

All I know is that this issue of inconsistency has been too prevalent in recent years, as it is the topic of discussion around this time of year, every year. What would it take to change that?

harrycarson
12-21-2012, 05:27 AM
JPP basically said what we all know. They CAN play well and be one of the best teams in the league, but they don't always. He couldn't even put his finger on why and he doesn't know which team will show up this Sunday. We'll just have to wait and see.

All I know is that this issue of inconsistency has been too prevalent in recent years, as it is the topic of discussion around this time of year, every year. What would it take to change that?

Sick of hearing it, they will take their paycheck all the same. Our defense has been terrible. Heck with rankings as when it counts most they cannot get it done...Rediculous..Perry Fewell needs to accept responsibility, is schemes are very vanilla

ibbill
12-21-2012, 08:13 AM
Sick of hearing it, they will take their paycheck all the same. Our defense has been terrible. Heck with rankings as when it counts most they cannot get it done...Rediculous..Perry Fewell needs to accept responsibility, is schemes are very vanilla

The prima donnas need to just SHUT UP and play anything less is unacceptable.

embeshAtYa
12-21-2012, 09:00 AM
talk talk talk talk. Im over it

GameTime
12-21-2012, 09:05 AM
wow....he knows that. So then he should be this weekend........
guys a genius

JB456
12-21-2012, 10:37 AM
These guys need to bring the heat. We need this game in the worst way.