PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Scenarios

NYGfanNC
12-20-2012, 09:37 AM
The simplest way to make the playoffs is beat the Ravens and Eagles and finish 10-6 with a number 4 seed and most likely a home wild card game versus the Seahawks. Like I said the simplest, we control our own destiny.

Now if we lose to Baltimore it's gets real tricky:

NO beats Dallas, Houston beats Minnesota, and Arizona beats Chicago.- week 16. Then in week 17, we'd have to beat Philly and we're in.

Now if we beat Baltimore and lose to Philly (Which if that's the case we don't deserve the playoffs):

NO beats Dallas, Philly beats Washington, Arizona beats Chicago- week 16, Also, we'd need Minnesota to lose one of their last two (@Houston, home vs. GB)

Now if we lose out and go 8-8 I don't think there's anyway we make it, I might be wrong, let me know if I am. (Also, we don't deserve the playoffs at 8-8)

If I'm missing any scenarios, let me know but this is all I can see as a possibility right now.

Toadofsteel
12-20-2012, 09:41 AM
Honestly I hope we win out and get an away WC game vs the cowboys. You know that we're blessed to win in that place ever since Dez Bryant's fingertips or Miles Austin's temporary blindness...

NYGfanNC
12-20-2012, 09:45 AM
Honestly I hope we win out and get an away WC game vs the cowboys. You know that we're blessed to win in that place ever since Dez Bryant's fingertips or Miles Austin's temporary blindness...

Yea a game vs. Dal would be nice. A Dallas win vs. NO, a SF win vs SEA in week 16 and a Dallas win vs. WAS in week 17 and you have your wish :) I wouldn't mind WAS beating DAL with those same scenarios in week 17 and hosting WAS in a wild card game.

Kendo15
12-20-2012, 09:48 AM
We're going back to Green Bay as a wildcard, take it to the bank.

G-MANning4Life
12-20-2012, 09:51 AM
Yup, this seems more plausible than us actually winning the division this year.

NYGfanNC
12-20-2012, 09:51 AM
I don't care where we go as long as we're there :D. Wherever we're playing, I'll have my :popcorn: ready.

Kendo15
12-20-2012, 09:55 AM
Yup, this seems more plausible than us actually winning the division this year.

And I'll gaurantee you, they will not fancy it one bit.

G-MANning4Life
12-20-2012, 10:14 AM
And I'll gaurantee you, they will not fancy it one bit.
No they won't, but if you put things in perspective, all the teams we beat up on this season and last playoff run will not fancy us coming to their stadium in the post-season. It's just what we must expect.

Although I would rather play GB in the first round than any other team, simply because their o-line is terrible this year and Aaron Rodgers is the most sacked QB in the NFC this season. If our D-line can beat up on him and we come away with a confidence boosting win, no telling what that can do for the team.

Also, it's better to take GB out early, as I view them as a similar threat as our NYG are for everyone else. You let them get a swing of momentum, and they're tough to play, especially at home.

nhpgiantsfan
12-20-2012, 10:16 AM
The simplest way to make the playoffs is beat the Ravens and Eagles and finish 10-6 with a number 4 seed and most likely a home wild card game versus the Seahawks. Like I said the simplest, we control our own destiny.

NO beats Dallas, Houston beats Minnesota, and Arizona beats Chicago.- week 16. Then in week 17, we'd have to beat Philly and we're in.

Now if we beat Baltimore and lose to Philly (Which if that's the case we don't deserve the playoffs):

NO beats Dallas, Philly beats Washington, Arizona beats Chicago- week 16, Also, we'd need Minnesota to lose one of their last two (@Houston, home vs. GB)

Now if we lose out and go 8-8 I don't think there's anyway we make it, I might be wrong, let me know if I am. (Also, we don't deserve the playoffs at 8-8)

If I'm missing any scenarios, let me know but this is all I can see as a possibility right now.

Even if we win out, the chances of us winning the division and the 4 seed, is still a long shot. It would require either both the Skins and Cowboys lose this week, or one of them lose this week and then the team that loses this week wins the final game where they are playing each other.

bigblue58
12-20-2012, 11:01 AM

The Giants blew all the easy scenarios for making the playoffs and winning the Division, so they are down to the simplest scenario of all......win the last 2, win the wildcard spot!
It wouldnt surprise me one little bit if the Giants miss the playoffs all together.
Everyone is so busy talking about how the Giants do this every year and then turn it on to make the post season, that they're forgetting the year that the Giants needed a win to get into the playoffs and ended up playing like they did in Atlanta and missed the playoffs.
Contrary to popular myth....the magic hasn't ALWAYS worked and is anything but automatic.

Toadofsteel
12-20-2012, 11:40 AM
Here's the scenario I want: Dallas beats NO and WAS to take division, Giants win out to take #5 seed:

Seedings are as follows:
1 ATL
2 SF
3 GB
4 DAL
5 NYG
6 SEA

The most important part of this is that Seattle stands a chance at GB. We can take care of business at the Jerrahdome, but if Seattle beats GB that means we go to the Stick (another place we absolutely know that we can win) for round 2 instead of Atlanta. That way the title game would be either @ATL again (ugh), or, if Russel Wilson can catch on fire, we would actually host them... although that is equally ugh since the seahawks beat us last year and that was with tavaris jackson...

Alternatively, I wouldn't mind being #6 if SF won out and ATL lost out, swapping their positions in the seeding (though that is unlikely)

ryan12
12-20-2012, 12:00 PM

agreed 100%

BillTheGreek
12-20-2012, 01:05 PM

agreed 100%

^^ ^^ This !
Thereís always somebody saying that Giants canít do it, and those people have to be ignored.

Captain Chaos
12-20-2012, 01:13 PM
We lose out and we don't deserve to get in. It would be a serious shame if they didn't get in and have a chance to defend their title!

ANON837
12-20-2012, 01:23 PM
We lose out and we don't deserve to get in. It would be a serious shame if they didn't get in and have a chance to defend their title!The way they played this year, they don't deserve to defend their crown. Way too inconsistent this year. Offense, defense, special teams, coaching. Up and down all year. The Giants are still trying to force the round peg in to the square hole. Its not working. If the Giants dont make the playoffs, they are going to have to make changes in the offseason, both coaches and players. If they do, they still need to make chnages. They cant get by anymore in a previously watered down NFC East. Washington obviously got better. Dallas seems to shoot themselves in the foot but that can't be relied upon. And the Eagles have begun the rebuilding mode. And in the NFL you can go from worst to first in a season.

BuffyBlueII
12-20-2012, 01:40 PM
Contrary to popular myth....the magic hasn't ALWAYS worked and is anything but automatic.

You are absolutely right. More often than not, it doesnít work and we collapse. I have faith that we will make it playoffs this year.

Dogg
12-20-2012, 10:38 PM
Let's just hope we get in......then we can talk scenarios

tonyt830
12-20-2012, 10:56 PM
I think I read an article where it stated that the Giants could be eliminated from the playoffs altogether this weekend, should they lose to the Ravens, and Dallas, Washington, and Seattle all win. Week 17 may mean nothing in that case.

They could clinch a playoff spot this weekend should they win, the Redskins lose, the Cowboys lose, Vikings lose and Bears lose.

They cannot win the division this weekend, but they could be eliminated from winning the division this weekend, should they lose to the Ravens and the Redskins win or they lose vs the Ravens and the Cowboys win.

Of course I did not factor in any ties into the scenarios.

http://blog.northjersey.com/giants/3177/giants-playoff-scenarios/

stormblue
12-21-2012, 02:40 AM
if the Giants lose and both Cowboys and Redskins win.....we are eliminated.

joemorrisforprez
12-21-2012, 02:45 AM
if the Giants lose and both Cowboys and Redskins win.....we are eliminated.

The Seahawks would also need to win or tie....

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2012/12/giants-playoff-scenarios-for-week-16

The Giants clinch a playoff berth this weekend if …

1.They WIN in Baltimore … AND the Redskins LOSE or TIE … AND the Cowboys LOSE … and the Vikings LOSE … and the Bears LOSE.

OR

2.They WIN in Baltimore … AND the Redskins LOSE … AND the Saints TIE … AND the Vikings LOSE … AND the Bears LOSE.

The Giants are eliminated from the NFC East race if …

1.They LOSE in Baltimore … AND the Redskins WIN or TIE

OR

2.They LOSE in Baltimore … AND the Cowboys WIN or TIE

OR

3.They TIE in Baltimore … AND the Redskins WIN … AND the Cowboys WIN or TIE.

OR

4.They TIE in Baltimore … AND the Redskins TIE … and the Cowboys WIN.

The Giants are eliminated from playoff contention if …

1.They LOSE in Baltimore … AND the Redskins WIN … AND the Cowboys WIN … AND the Seahawks WIN or TIE.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2012/12/giants-playoff-scenarios-for-week-16

stormblue
12-21-2012, 03:00 AM
The Seahawks would also need to win or tie....

yup...my bad

Blue in Oz
12-21-2012, 03:02 AM
If we go 8-8, Dallas or Washington (Whoever didn't win the division), Chicago and Minnesota would have to all go 0-2 in their next 2 games for us to make it.

stormblue
12-21-2012, 03:08 AM
it is not possible to make the playoffs at 8-8.
Seattle already has 9 wins.
Giants lose the wild card tie break to both Dallas and Wash