PDA

View Full Version : DID YOU KNOW??

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53

rocky325
08-24-2009, 10:50 PM
Oh, and what was the most excellent result from the Giants losing that game to the Jets?</P>

Wellington Finally fired Allie Sherman right after they lost... that's how*important everyone considered that game to be.</P>

the day Allie was fired = one of the best days in Giants history... and we saw how long it took to undo what he did.... he was a miracle I'll agree with you about Allie, however the Mara family feud was ther real undoing. They would have fixed the damage Allie did a lot earlier if it weren't for the brothers' conflicts. had they not had the feud they might have agreed to a GM to run the football operations long before they finally hired George Young. he's the one who finally turned the corner and brought us back. Hiring Parcells and drafting LT were the real miracles</P>

yeah, rocky, we've discussed this on here before.* The brothers allowed Allie free reign because they were too busy fighting with each other*and he ruined the team, starting in 1964.</P>

Rozelle finally interceded in '79 and recommended we get a GM... George.* 'TY Pete.</P>

With an 150 page thread it's hard at times to tell what's been discussed before..lol

zimonami
08-24-2009, 10:59 PM
Oh, and what was the most excellent result from the Giants losing that game to the Jets?</P>

Wellington Finally fired Allie Sherman right after they lost... that's howimportant everyone considered that game to be.</P>

the day Allie was fired = one of the best days in Giants history... and we saw how long it took to undo what he did.... he was a miracle I'll agree with you about Allie, however the Mara family feud was ther real undoing. They would have fixed the damage Allie did a lot earlier if it weren't for the brothers' conflicts. had they not had the feud they might have agreed to a GM to run the football operations long before they finally hired George Young. he's the one who finally turned the corner and brought us back. Hiring Parcells and drafting LT were the real miracles</P>

yeah, rocky, we've discussed this on here before. The brothers allowed Allie free reign because they were too busy fighting with each otherand he ruined the team, starting in 1964.</P>

Rozelle finally interceded in '79 and recommended we get a GM... George. 'TY Pete.</P>

With an 150 page thread it's hard at times to tell what's been discussed before..lol</P>

Hey, rocky... no sweat. I know you haven't been on to this thread until recently. Your points are worth repeating in any case, and we appreciate your input. Like I said before, your questions and input have brought a new vitality to this thread, asking questions we hadn't thought of before. TY</P>

zimonami
08-24-2009, 11:04 PM
Rocky - was I right about our other Rocky? I remember all the hoopla about him, and the doubts NYers had about the pick. I was at the Yale Bowl when he ran back his first kickoff, his first Pro touch,for a TD, in a preseason game at the Yale Bowl. The crowd went wild, and prayed he would be the real deal. Unfortunately, as you know, he wasn't the savior. I always thought he was just a little too small for the toll of the big bodies he had to play against.

rocky325
08-24-2009, 11:06 PM
hey guys....what NY Giant Number one draft pick was not born in the USA?</P>

Rocky Thompson... the Bermuda Flash?</P>

He's the one brother. And Bermuda was his nation of birth.

rocky325
08-24-2009, 11:08 PM

He's the one brother. And Bermuda was his nation of birth.

He's probably working the Jet Ski concession at the beach at the Bermuda Princess......lol

zimonami
08-24-2009, 11:35 PM

He's the one brother. And Bermuda was his nation of birth. He's probably working the Jet Ski concession at the beach at the Bermuda Princess......lol</P>

hahaha.. Went to Bermuda in '82 with my wife... our 15th anniversary, and had dinneron the baxk veranda ofthe Princess. </P>

Funny story... on the way to the Princess you pass Marley's Beach/Cove. Our reservationist called there and asked if she could get accomodations for Mr. Zimmermann... me. They said SURE. We got a fantastic private home, 150' up on a cliff. It was the same home featured in The Deep with Nick Nolte and Jacqueline Bissett. The metal elevator constructed on the cliff for that movie was still there when we went. Anyways, we are at the front desk, checking in and i say, "Reservations for Zimmermann," The reservationist turns white (lol) and says, "You are not Mr. Zimmermann". I say, yes I am... here's my ID.</P>

The owners of that home lived in Washington DC, and allowed it to be used ONLY by their closest friends. A Mr. Zimmermann was their best friend and used the home several times a year. When my reservationist said, Mr. Z, they just assumed it was the Washington DC friend.</P>

They had to let us use it, of course, and it was fabulous.</P>

zimonami
08-24-2009, 11:36 PM
Oh, and it was $77.00 per night. LOL... a bargain even in '82. The rate was a special courtesy rate for the owner's friends

YATittle1962
08-25-2009, 12:22 AM
Oh, and it was $77.00 per night. LOL... a bargain even in '82. The rate was a special courtesy rate for the owner's friends

Zim

thats amazing!!!!!

life throws some sweet curve balls now and then huh......

what a great memory to have.....

zimonami
08-25-2009, 08:43 PM
Hey, YA... how ya doing?</P>

Just needed to bump this before it got buried on page 3 or 4. New threads are hot these days.</P>

If you didn't see this link on Ruegamer that I posted before, take a look - amazing</P>

Before you read it, I'll turn it into an interesting question...</P>

What did Grey Ruegamer use his teeth for, on a job on a farm?</P>

http://www.seattlepi.com/football/409086_moore07.html</P>

If he gets cut, I wouldn't mind seeing us get him back for needed depth.</P>

</P>

YATittle1962
08-25-2009, 10:15 PM
Hey, YA... how ya doing?</P>

Just needed to bump this before it got buried on page 3 or 4. New threads are hot these days.</P>

If you didn't see this link on Ruegamer that I posted before, take a look - amazing</P>

Before you read it, I'll turn it into an interesting question...</P>

What did Grey Ruegamer use his teeth for, on a job on a farm?</P>

http://www.seattlepi.com/football/409086_moore07.html</P>

If he gets cut, I wouldn't mind seeing us get him back for needed depth.</P>

*</P>

can this be true Zim..?
castrating lambs with his teeth?

is this for real...or is it like the Chuck Norris stuff?....hahahahaha

zimonami
08-25-2009, 10:37 PM
can this be true Zim..? castrating lambs with his teeth? is this for real...or is it like the Chuck Norris stuff?....hahahahaha</P>

hahahaha ... I guess it's true. Seems to be a serious piece. It's definitely not something I could do.</P>

Do you think Ruegamer is better than some others we're counting on for depth on this squad? He always did a solid job in the past. </P>

Can he snap on PK's and XP's?... I don't remember. Just know DeOssie on punts and Alford on PK's and XP's, and now Alford is out. Koets? DeOssie. FG's by Tynes are tense enough without worrying about the snap.</P>

YATittle1962
08-26-2009, 12:38 AM
can this be true Zim..? castrating lambs with his teeth? is this for real...or is it like the Chuck Norris stuff?....hahahahaha</P>

hahahaha ... I guess it's true. Seems to be a serious piece.* It's definitely not something I could do.</P>

Do you think Ruegamer is better than some others we're counting on for depth on this squad? *He always did a solid job in the past. </P>

Can he snap on PK's and XP's?... I don't remember. Just know DeOssie on punts and Alford on PK's and XP's, and now Alford is out. Koets? DeOssie.* FG's by Tynes are tense enough without worrying about the snap.</P>

I thing Ruegamer was a solid back up....but starting to wear down.....

he is a guard but can play all over the line....

pretty sure he played some center in Green Bay...

that makes him pretty valuable.....

I think the backups we have will be ok....except the rookie Beaty...

he is a little light......been getting thrown around so far...

he will get better.

im really looking forward this weeks game to see if this O line can provide some time for the passers....

zimonami
08-26-2009, 01:27 AM
I thing Ruegamer was a solid back up....but starting to wear down..... he is a guard but can play all over the line.... pretty sure he played some center in Green Bay... that makes him pretty valuable..... I think the backups we have will be ok....except the rookie Beaty... he is a little light......been getting thrown around so far... he will get better. im really looking forward this weeks game to see if this O line can provide some time for the passers....</P>

Beatty is 6'6" and 307. I see them working with him to develop his upper and lower body strength and I wouldn't be surprised to see him at 320-325 next year.</P>

Ruegamer's 33, and just released by Seattle... so, you must be right about him wearing down.</P>

YATittle1962
08-26-2009, 12:53 PM
toward the end of the 86 season......

what nickname did Parcells give his Offensive Line?

it had to do with the lack of rushing yards they would allow in a certain game.

zimonami
08-26-2009, 01:02 PM
toward the end of the 86 season...... what nickname did Parcells give his Offensive Line? it had to do with the lack of rushing yards they would allow in a certain game.</P>

This one's gonna kill me, YA. I remember it.... but, I don't remember it... it's on the tip of my atrophying brain.The Suburbanites... the last piece we needed to be a SuperBowl team. But, I remember Parcell's gave them this other name to rankle them and jab a stick up their butts for motivation. Unfortunately, the only thing in my brain right now is, "The five pansies." lol</P>

Don't post the answer right away. It's going to be in my mind all day, and maybe one of the other guys can remember in the meantime.</P>

YATittle1962
08-26-2009, 01:19 PM
toward the end of the 86 season...... what nickname did Parcells give his Offensive Line? it had to do with the lack of rushing yards they would allow in a certain game.</P>

This one's gonna kill me, YA. I remember it.... but, I don't remember it... it's on the tip of my atrophying brain.*The Suburbanites... the last piece we needed to be a SuperBowl team. *But, I remember Parcell's gave them this other name to rankle them and jab a stick up their butts for motivation. Unfortunately, the only thing in my brain right now is, "The five pansies."* lol</P>

Don't post the answer right away.* It's going to be in my mind all day, and maybe one of the other guys can remember in the meantime.</P>

yr on the right track Zim...

it was definitely to ruffle their feathers.....

I know you know this.

zimonami
08-26-2009, 04:47 PM

This one's gonna kill me, YA. I remember it.... but, I don't remember it... it's on the tip of my atrophying brain.The Suburbanites... the last piece we needed to be a SuperBowl team. But, I remember Parcell's gave them this other name to rankle them and jab a stick up their butts for motivation. Unfortunately, the only thing in my brain right now is, "The five pansies." lol</P>

Don't post the answer right away. It's going to be in my mind all day, and maybe one of the other guys can remember in the meantime.</P>

yr on the right track Zim... it was definitely to ruffle their feathers..... I know you know this.</P>

I actually thought I had it... was thinking about a play on words Parcells would use to replace 'Suburbanites' in a derogatory manner... and I thought of him calling them an urban blight, or similar. So, I looked it up and think I found it... BUT, I think one of our other guys might remember, so I'll give them time to get it and take some creditwithout me giving a 'looked up' answer. I'll post later tonight if no one else remembers.</P>

A good question, and I looked up some facts. We had 3 bad games in a row on the ground starting against San Fran on a Monday night game, 12/1/86... then against Wash and St. Lo the next 2 games. This was the kind of motivational jab that parcells was excellent at, and it worked. The running game was smooth in the last game against GB (we crushed them... one of the more satisfying games I ever attended), and throughout the playoffs.</P>

YATittle1962
08-26-2009, 06:13 PM
while we are waiting on the answer to the nickname question.....

heres another 86 question......

Divisional playoff game vs 49ers.....

Montana fades back to pass...gets hit while throwing...the ball floats.....

Herb Welch picks it off.....gets wrapped up .....then hands the ball to who?

....and who hit Montana forcing the floater?

zimonami
08-26-2009, 07:06 PM
while we are waiting on the answer to the nickname question..... heres another 86 question...... Divisional playoff game vs 49ers..... Montana fades back to pass...gets hit while throwing...the ball floats..... Herb Welch picks it off.....gets wrapped up .....then hands the ball to who? ....and who hit Montana forcing the floater?</P>

I remember the play clearly, just like LT's INT return for a TD before the half, but I can't remember the participants. I'll say LT hit Montana (could have been Martin, Burt, or marshall, too) and that Herb handed to Kenny Hill.</P>

zimonami
08-26-2009, 11:09 PM
''I told them,'' said Parcells, ''that the Suburbanites are going to turn into urban renewal if they don't get going.'' </P>

He was a master at understanding what buttons to push to get better performace and effort... inspires single minded focus on your job.</P>

YATittle1962
08-27-2009, 12:10 AM
*''I told them,'' said Parcells, ''that the Suburbanites are going to turn into urban renewal if they don't get going.'' </P>

He was a master at understanding what buttons to push to get better performace and effort... inspires single minded focus on your job.</P>

he called them club 13......from the 49ers game on because they only blocked hard enough to get 13 yards.......

the other question......Banks hit Montana.....Herb Welch handed the ball to Elvis Patterson.........

new question.......

during the 86 season and playoffs....what 4 QBs did the Giants defense KO?

which 3 of them were KO'd for the remainder of their season?

zimonami
08-27-2009, 12:35 AM
''I told them,'' said Parcells, ''that the Suburbanites are going to turn into urban renewal if they don't get going.'' </P>

he called them club 13......from the 49ers game on because they only blocked hard enough to get 13 yards....... the other question......Banks hit Montana.....Herb Welch handed the ball to Elvis Patterson......... new question....... during the 86 season and playoffs....what 4 QBs did the Giants defense KO? which 3 of them were KO'd for the remainder of their season?</P>

I figured I was going to pitch a zero on the Montana INT to Welch. But, the other answer was a direct quote from Parcells. BUT, yes, I do remember Club 13...we got 13 whole yards against SF... less than 1 yard per carry. Club 13 was a lot better diss than Urban Renewal.</P>

I'm headed to bed. I've been going to bed at 4 AM every night to stay up with Kris and had to get up at 7AM to bring my grand daughter to the bus stop... it's 1.6 miles away. I was exhausted today from just 3 hours sleep.</P>

On that question... I'm thinking White, Jaworski, Lomax and Kramer (minny). Poor Jaworski and Lomax always took a beating from our D</P>

YATittle1962
08-27-2009, 02:22 PM
*''I told them,'' said Parcells, ''that the Suburbanites are going to turn into urban renewal if they don't get going.'' </P>

he called them club 13......from the 49ers game on because they only blocked hard enough to get 13 yards....... the other question......Banks hit Montana.....Herb Welch handed the ball to Elvis Patterson......... new question....... during the 86 season and playoffs....what 4 QBs did the Giants defense KO? which 3 of them were KO'd for the remainder of their season?</P>

I figured I was going to pitch a zero on the Montana INT to Welch.* But, the other answer was a direct quote from Parcells. *BUT, yes, I do remember Club 13...*we got 13 whole yards against SF... less than 1 yard per carry. * Club 13 was a lot better diss than Urban Renewal.</P>

I'm headed to bed. I've been going to bed at 4 AM every night to stay up with Kris and had to get up at 7AM to bring my grand daughter to the bus stop... it's 1.6 miles away. I was exhausted today from just 3 hours sleep.</P>

On that question... I'm thinking White, Jaworski, Lomax and Kramer (minny). Poor Jaworski and Lomax always took a beating from our D</P>

Tommy Kramer
Danny White
Ron Jaworski
Joe Montana.....playoff game

White, Jaws, and Montana...were knocked out for the remainder of their teams run.......

boy was that D vicious .....

lets stick with the 86 season.....

NFC Championship game

Redskins line up for a field goad.......bad snap....

what Giant recovers the ball?

rbcarpenter
08-27-2009, 02:32 PM

I figured I was going to pitch a zero on the Montana INT to Welch.* But, the other answer was a direct quote from Parcells. *BUT, yes, I do remember Club 13...*we got 13 whole yards against SF... less than 1 yard per carry. * Club 13 was a lot better diss than Urban Renewal.</P>

Tommy Kramer
Danny White
Ron Jaworski
Joe Montana.....playoff game

White, Jaws, and Montana...were knocked out for the remainder of their teams run.......

boy was that D vicious .....

lets stick with the 86 season.....

NFC Championship game

Redskins line up for a field goad.......bad snap....

what Giant recovers the ball?i had to watch youtube to see who it was,but it looked like banks.

zimonami
08-27-2009, 04:02 PM
Tommy Kramer Danny White Ron Jaworski Joe Montana.....playoff game White, Jaws, and Montana...were knocked out for the remainder of their teams run....... boy was that D vicious ..... lets stick with the 86 season..... NFC Championship game Redskins line up for a field goad.......bad snap.... what Giant recovers the ball?i had to watch youtube to see who it was,but it looked like banks.</P>

1) The fans stand and BOOOO YA. Trickster! Joe Montana didn't have a"...remainder of their teams run" unless SF won.</P>

2) I couldn't remember the player recovering, so I'll 2nd RBC's selection of Banks. I even looked at the Box Score and no Giant was credited with a fumble recovery. Why? I guess they don't always get the box score correct... remember McNabb's safety? No one was credited with the 2 pts.</P>

YATittle1962
08-27-2009, 09:17 PM
**Tommy Kramer Danny White Ron Jaworski Joe Montana.....playoff game White, Jaws, and Montana...were knocked out for the remainder of their teams run....... boy was that D vicious ..... lets stick with the 86 season..... NFC Championship game Redskins line up for a field goad.......bad snap.... what Giant recovers the ball?i had to watch youtube to see who it was,but it looked like banks.</P>

1) The fans stand and BOOOO YA. Trickster!* Joe Montana didn't have a*"...remainder of their teams run" unless SF won.</P>

2) I couldn't remember the player recovering, so I'll 2nd RBC's selection of Banks.* I even looked at the Box Score and no Giant was credited with a fumble recovery.* Why? I guess they don't always get the box score correct... remember McNabb's safety? No one was credited with the 2 pts.</P>

sorry if the Montana part was a little tricky.....

yeah it was Banks that recovered the bad snap.....

Im craving a good question guys.....

RBC....Key.....where you at? ;)

zimonami
08-27-2009, 09:36 PM
Sticking to 1986... McConkey led the team in Kick returns, with 24.</P>

Who had the second most kick returns?</P>

YATittle1962
08-27-2009, 09:50 PM
Sticking to 1986...** McConkey led the team in Kick returns, with 24.</P>

wow..I didnt imagine this being as tough as it is.....

trying to remember who else returned at all....

Was it Kenny Hill?

or maybe Rousen....?......I think I remember him returning kicks.....

thats actually a pretty tough one Zim

zimonami
08-27-2009, 11:19 PM
Sticking to 1986... McConkey led the team in Kick returns, with 24.</P>

wow..I didnt imagine this being as tough as it is..... trying to remember who else returned at all.... Was it Kenny Hill? or maybe Rousen....?......I think I remember him returning kicks..... thats actually a pretty tough one Zim</P>

I've been too lazy recently and not contributing enough questions... I'll get back on track.</P>

This one surprised me... Mark Collins, with 11 returns. If you had posed this question I wouldn't have gotten the answer either. Surprise only because of the later controversy re Sehorn, and using a valuable DB for returns. Was anyone more valuable than Collins in that D Backfield? I loved him... a great Giant and a great CB who, in my opinion, didn't get enough credit.</P>

YATittle1962
08-27-2009, 11:45 PM

wow..I didnt imagine this being as tough as it is..... trying to remember who else returned at all.... Was it Kenny Hill? or maybe Rousen....?......I think I remember him returning kicks..... thats actually a pretty tough one Zim</P>

I've been too lazy recently and not contributing enough questions... I'll get back on track.</P>

This one surprised me... Mark Collins, with 11 returns.* If you had posed this question I wouldn't have gotten the answer either. *Surprise only because of the later controversy re Sehorn, and using a valuable DB for returns.* Was anyone more valuable than Collins in that D Backfield? I loved him... a great Giant and a great CB who, in my opinion, didn't get enough credit.</P>

wow Collins.......I barely remember him returning kicks.....its crazy some of the things that just get deleted from my memory......

I loved mark ...... he really gave you everything he had when he was out there.....

heres a Collins question......

he had one safety in his career.....and he was a Giant when it happened.....

who was it against?

and here is a question I dont know the answer to and Im hoping someone has the answer........Zim!........ hahahaha

why in 1988 did we play the Lions twice?

zimonami
08-28-2009, 12:17 AM
wow Collins.......I barely remember him returning kicks.....its crazy some of the things that just get deleted from my memory...... I loved mark ...... he really gave you everything he had when he was out there..... heres a Collins question...... he had one safety in his career.....and he was a Giant when it happened..... who was it against? and here is a question I dont know the answer to and Im hoping someone has the answer........Zim!........ hahahaha why in 1988 did we play the Lions twice?</P>

Did some research. Collins was a rookie in '86. I thought he came along in '85. He probably returned kicks because he was a rook. I'll always remember mark for one thing... he was always on his man like glue, but made the transition to run support better than most I've ever see, and if by some freak a RB got past out front 7, Collins was always there to stop him... he was a solid tackler... no whiffs from that man.</P>

I had to look up his safety, and then I remembered... in a 12-10 win over Dallas in '88. Big 2 points. The guy he tackled was Darryl Clack, a sub RB with Dallas for 4 years.</P>

Yes, I remember wondering about the 2 games against Detroit, too. I don't know that I ever read an answer. But, in '87, the strike year, we were last in our division. The East played the West Conference in '88, andour other 2 game in the NFC were Detroit. In '87 Detroit and Tampa tied for last in their division, so rightfully we should have had a game against Detroit and Tampa.</P>

rbcarpenter
08-28-2009, 12:37 AM

This one surprised me... Mark Collins, with 11 returns.* If you had posed this question I wouldn't have gotten the answer either. *Surprise only because of the later controversy re Sehorn, and using a valuable DB for returns.* Was anyone more valuable than Collins in that D Backfield? I loved him... a great Giant and a great CB who, in my opinion, didn't get enough credit.</P>

wow Collins.......I barely remember him returning kicks.....its crazy some of the things that just get deleted from my memory......

I loved mark ...... he really gave you everything he had when he was out there.....

heres a Collins question......

he had one safety in his career.....and he was a Giant when it happened.....

who was it against?

and here is a question I dont know the answer to and Im hoping someone has the answer........Zim!........ hahahaha

why in 1988 did we play the Lions twice?i think at that time there were 28 teams.2 five team divisions and one one four team division per conference.the 2 last place teams in the 5 team division were usually scheduled to play each other twice.i loved collins too,i was saddened to see him go to kc,but was estatic when he went through waivers and the g-men picked him up so he could retire as a giant.

rbcarpenter
08-28-2009, 12:41 AM
ok,in 86,we had 3 kickers attempt field goals for us that year.go ahead and name them.

rbcarpenter
08-28-2009, 12:42 AM
ok,in 86,we had 3 kickers attempt field goals for us that year.go ahead and name them.AND who was the backup kicker from 84 through 87?

Bavaro4Prez
08-28-2009, 12:49 AM
ok,in 86,we had 3 kickers attempt field goals for us that year.go ahead and name them.

I only remember Allegre and Cooper attempt FG's that year.....who was the third?

zimonami
08-28-2009, 07:59 AM
ok,in 86,we had 3 kickers attempt field goals for us that year.go ahead and name them.AND who was the backup kicker from 84 through 87?</P>

A guy name Bob Thomas... I had to look that one up. </P>

Back up kicker... I don't remember... brain dead, or Alzheimers</P>

YATittle1962
08-28-2009, 01:35 PM
ok,in 86,we had 3 kickers attempt field goals for us that year.go ahead and name them.AND who was the backup kicker from 84 through 87?

Im patiently awaiting this answer...... :)

cus I have no idea

but ill guess......

Phil McConkey...he does it all

Bleedin Blue Since '62
08-28-2009, 01:56 PM
Carl Banks filmed activities among the Giants in our 86-87 Super Bowl season. On the plane ride to Pasadena, which player held up a doll he was bringing to his niece in California?</P>

It was shown on the SB pregame show.</P>

zimonami
08-28-2009, 02:27 PM
Carl Banks filmed activities among the Giants in our 86-87 Super Bowl season. On the plane ride to Pasadena, which player held up a doll he was bringing to his niece in California?</P>

</P>

now, that's memory. I do remember it happening, but the cloud in my brain prevents me from seeing anything other than the doll's face. Maybe it was Parcell's... nah, old grumpy man wouldn't do that. I'll say McConk.</P>

But, a good question. </P>

Roswell777
08-28-2009, 02:32 PM
Carl Banks filmed activities among the Giants in our 86-87 Super Bowl season. On the plane ride to Pasadena, which player held up a doll he was bringing to his niece in California?</p>

It was shown on the SB pregame show.</p>

</p>

now, that's memory. I do remember it happening, but the cloud in my brain prevents me from seeing anything other than the doll's face. Maybe it was Parcell's... nah, old grumpy man wouldn't do that. I'll say McConk.</p>

But, a good question. </p>

I'm going to guess Big Shakey, Curtis McGriff. Probably not the right answer but Curtis needs an MB mention.

SEC105
08-28-2009, 02:44 PM

</P>

Wild guess Zeke Mowatt?</P>

In the 86 SB , about halfway throught he first quarter ,this Giant got called for a late hit and a second Giant got called for picking up the flag and throwing because he thought it was a crap call. Please name these 2 players</P>

Z</P>

Roswell777
08-28-2009, 02:54 PM
THe late hit, I'm going to guess was Leonard Marshall and LT threw the flag?

SEC105
08-28-2009, 02:57 PM

</P>

LT threw the flag Ros............ but it was not Marshall called forthe late hit </P>

Z</P>

zimonami
08-28-2009, 03:54 PM

</P>

LT threw the flag Ros............ but it was not Marshall called forthe late hit </P>

</P>

I'll say Burt on the late hit.</P>

Good to see ya again, SEC</P>

rbcarpenter
08-28-2009, 04:00 PM

</P>

Wild guess Zeke Mowatt?</P>

In the 86 SB , about halfway throught he first quarter ,*this Giant got called for a late hit and a second Giant got called for picking up the flag and throwing because he thought it was a crap call. Please name these 2 players</P>

Z*</P>late hit was carson,lt on 2nd flag.the backup kicker was........gary reasons

SEC105
08-28-2009, 04:41 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

Good to see you too Z</P>

It was Carson on the late hit</P>

In the same game Broncos Kicker Rich Karliss set 2 SB records for that time. Anybody care to name what theywere?</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
08-28-2009, 04:55 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

In the same game Broncos Kicker Rich Karliss set 2 SB records for that time. Anybody care to name what theywere?</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Old Harry... always molesting the QB's. He didn't blitz more than a couple of times a game, but when he did he was good.</P>

I know Karlisle kicked a long FG for the first score... I'll say 48-50 yards. I can't imagine his second record. I only have the game on VHS and don't have any VCR's anymore., so I can't run through it. All my old VHS tapes (hundreds) are totally useless. Anybody want to buy the Giant SB XXI on tape? A bargain price. Actually, I have many games on VHS tape. lol.</P>

YATittle1962
08-28-2009, 05:04 PM

</P>

LT threw the flag Ros............ but it was not Marshall called for*the late hit *</P>

</P>

</P>

In the same game Broncos Kicker Rich Karliss set 2 SB records for that time. Anybody care to name what they*were?</P>

Z*</P>

wasnt one of them shortest FG missed in a SB...

and I feel like the other one had to do with his bare foot...

SEC105
08-28-2009, 05:10 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Old Harry... always molesting the QB's. He didn't blitz more than a couple of times a game, but when he did he was good.</P>

I know Karlisle kicked a long FG for the first score... I'll say 48-50 yards. I can't imagine his second record. I only have the game on VHS and don't have any VCR's anymore., so I can't run through it. All my old VHS tapes (hundreds) are totally useless. Anybody want to buy the Giant SB XXI on tape? A bargain price. Actually, I have many games on VHS tape. lol.</P>

</P>

Yup ,that was the longest SB field goal up till that time Z but was the other record he set that that day?[:D]...................one of you guys must remember this</P>

YATittle1962
08-28-2009, 05:17 PM
i could have sworn he had the shortest FG missed in a SB

rbcarpenter
08-28-2009, 05:19 PM

</P>

LT threw the flag Ros............ but it was not Marshall called for*the late hit *</P>

</P>

</P>

In the same game Broncos Kicker Rich Karliss set 2 SB records for that time. Anybody care to name what they*were?</P>

Z*</P>

</P>

Old Harry... always molesting the QB's.* He didn't blitz more than a couple of times a game, but when he did he was good.</P>

I know Karlisle kicked a long FG for the first score... I'll say 48-50 yards.* I can't imagine his second record. I only have the game on VHS and don't have any VCR's anymore., so I can't run through it.* All my old VHS tapes (hundreds) are totally useless.* Anybody want to buy the Giant SB XXI on tape? A bargain price. Actually, I have many games on VHS tape.* lol.</P>

</P>

Yup ,*that was the longest SB field goal up till that time Z but was the other record he set that that day?[:D]...................one of you guys must remember this</P>longest fg[at the time],shortest miss,most misses in a game?

rbcarpenter
08-28-2009, 05:19 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

Z*</P>

</P>

Old Harry... always molesting the QB's.* He didn't blitz more than a couple of times a game, but when he did he was good.</P>

I know Karlisle kicked a long FG for the first score... I'll say 48-50 yards.* I can't imagine his second record. I only have the game on VHS and don't have any VCR's anymore., so I can't run through it.* All my old VHS tapes (hundreds) are totally useless.* Anybody want to buy the Giant SB XXI on tape? A bargain price. Actually, I have many games on VHS tape.* lol.</P>

</P>

Yup ,*that was the longest SB field goal up till that time Z but was the other record he set that that day?[:D]...................one of you guys must remember this</P>longest fg[at the time],shortest miss,most misses in a game?

YATittle1962
08-28-2009, 05:21 PM
remember in the second week of 06 against the Eagles when McNabb did his little fake jump like the ball was snapped and got called for a false start....I loved that....

in that same game......heres an easy one....

Eli hits Plax for a big gain....Plax fumbles.....

who recovers it in the endzone?

giantsfan725
08-28-2009, 05:41 PM
<FONT size=4>Who was the very first Host of ESPN's Monday Night Matchup ?</FONT></P>

keith jackson, then replaced by Giff.* I think jackson preferred college footbal, unless he was replaced simply because Giff was a bigger draw. Those years with Giff, Dandy Don, and Cosell were great with Don constantly tossing out incredibly subtle digs at Howard that passed right over his head. meanwhile, you could just tell Giff wanted to bust out laughing, but he couldn't.* I jusy KNOW that Giff reveled in dumb jock Meredith getting the best of pompous know it all Cosell, and Cosell never knowing it... it was fun</P>

I think you are thinking of Monday Night Football itself. Those guys were'nt on ESPN Monady Night Matchup. The first host was probably Chris Berman.

keyofgmen
08-28-2009, 05:44 PM
remember in the second week of 06 against the Eagles when McNabb did his little fake jump like the ball was snapped and got called for a false start....I loved that....

Tim Carter

keyofgmen
08-28-2009, 05:44 PM

Tim Carter

YATittle1962
08-28-2009, 05:45 PM

Tim Carter

yup yup

hey Sec.....

was the other record not the shortest FG missed in a SB?

I could swear it was

YATittle1962
08-28-2009, 05:48 PM

Tim Carter

ok same game in OT....

Eli fades back to pass...gets the ball knocked out of his hand...

who falls on it to save the game for the Giants?

giantsfan725
08-28-2009, 05:48 PM
Here's one.

Which defensive pro bowler wore #89 for the Giants?

i'm stumped Rosey.
who was it?
i know i'm gonna kick myself when you say who it is...

</P>

Jack Gregory? sp</P>

I think Gregory was 81.
</P>

Fred Dryer************** Later*a TV Star</P>

Very good.* Was it my hint?
</P>

Yes absolutely Rosey. Now I'm trying to remember what TV show it was. MacGuyver comes to mind but I know that's wrong</P>

SPENCER FOR HIRE!!!!!!!

YATittle1962
08-28-2009, 05:50 PM
Here's one.

Which defensive pro bowler wore #89 for the Giants?

i'm stumped Rosey.
who was it?
i know i'm gonna kick myself when you say who it is...

</P>

Jack Gregory? sp</P>

I think Gregory was 81.
</P>

Fred Dryer************** Later*a TV Star</P>

Very good.* Was it my hint?
</P>

Yes absolutely Rosey. Now I'm trying to remember what TV show it was. MacGuyver comes to mind but I know that's wrong</P>

SPENCER FOR HIRE!!!!!!!

Hunter

giantsfan725
08-28-2009, 05:58 PM
I got one that I was bitter about for quite a few years.
'In the 2000 draft the GIANTS had the 11th pick and they had TWO running backs to choose from; we chose the Heisman winner Ron Dayne. Who was the other RB that we SHOULD have drafted?!?!?

Weygand
08-28-2009, 06:00 PM

Tim Carter

ok same game in OT....

Mckenzie?

keyofgmen
08-28-2009, 06:13 PM

Tim Carter

ok same game in OT....

I was thinking Snee

zimonami
08-28-2009, 06:33 PM
I got one that I was bitter about for quite a few years. 'In the 2000 draft the GIANTS had the 11th pick and they had TWO running backs to choose from; we chose the Heisman winner Ron Dayne. Who was the other RB that we SHOULD have drafted?!?!?</P>

The Pain from picking Dayne. Shaun Alexander was available. </P>

I can't say Dayne was our biggest bust ever, but he's in the top 5.</P>

But, Tiki turned out OK, wouldn't you say? Which means we should have picked something other than a RB.</P>

</P>

YATittle1962
08-28-2009, 07:20 PM

Tim Carter

ok same game in OT....

I was thinking Snee

hint ....he is now a viking

MOOK3456
08-28-2009, 08:07 PM

Tim Carter

ok same game in OT....

I was thinking Snee

long dong Shiancoe?

SEC105
08-28-2009, 08:12 PM
i could have sworn he had the shortest FG missed in a SB
That was it , YA and RCarpenter , shortest miss.........remember Denever had first and goal on the one and ended up4th and 6th. I think it was courtesy of Banks on third down
Z

YATittle1962
08-28-2009, 09:16 PM

Tim Carter

ok same game in OT....

I was thinking Snee

long dong Shiancoe?

yup Shiancoe

YATittle1962
08-29-2009, 01:40 AM
2000 season NFC Championship game.....

the Giants score on the first possession ...then kick the ball away to the Vikings....

the kick returner muffs it.....what Giant recovers the ball?

zimonami
08-29-2009, 01:58 PM
2000 season NFC Championship game..... the Giants score on the first possession ...then kick the ball away to the Vikings.... the kick returner muffs it.....what Giant recovers the ball?</P>

I can't remember, so I'll take a shot with one of our ST guys who the fans appreciated for his heart... Gregg Camella.</P>

That game was one of those games where everything went right for us... one to appreciate because that doesn't happen too often for us.</P>

YATittle1962
08-29-2009, 02:04 PM
2000 season NFC Championship game..... the Giants score on the first possession ...then kick the ball away to the Vikings.... the kick returner muffs it.....what Giant recovers the ball?</P>

I can't remember, so I'll take a shot with one of our ST guys who the fans appreciated for his heart... Gregg Camella.</P>

That game was one of those games where everything went right for us... one to appreciate because that doesn't happen too often for us.</P>

was a DB named Lyle West......figured Id just give the answer cus I dont even know who that is...hahahaha

heres a good one....

on January 14 2001 Amani Toomer and his dad were each involved in a championship game.....

Amani played against the Vikings in the NFC Championship game.....

what did his dad have to do with the AFC Championship game?

zimonami
08-29-2009, 02:18 PM

was a DB named Lyle West......figured Id just give the answer cus I dont even know who that is...hahahaha heres a good one.... on January 14 2001 Amani Toomer and his dad were each involved in a championship game..... Amani played against the Vikings in the NFC Championship game..... what did his dad have to do with the AFC Championship game?</P>

Here's one I remember. His dad was a teacher in Oakland, and he ran the clock up in a booth for Oakland home games</P>

I remember Lyle West's name. TY, Lyle, for getting us the fumble.</P>

I treid to look this up. This is another one, YA, where there is no credit in the box score for recovering a fumble. That's 3 incidents now, on one of our questions,where the Box score was incomplete.</P>

Don't think I get the game tonight in Pa. I hate that. I'll try to listen ob FAN. The Met game will be over, so they should be carrying it. In the good old days you could always catch preseason on WPIX.</P>

YATittle1962
08-29-2009, 03:08 PM

was a DB named Lyle West......figured Id just give the answer cus I dont even know who that is...hahahaha heres a good one.... on January 14 2001 Amani Toomer and his dad were each involved in a championship game..... Amani played against the Vikings in the NFC Championship game..... what did his dad have to do with the AFC Championship game?</P>

Here's one I remember.* His dad was a teacher in Oakland, and he ran the clock up in a booth for Oakland home games</P>

I remember Lyle West's name.* TY, Lyle, for getting us the fumble.</P>

I treid to look this up.* This is another one, YA, where there is no credit in the box score for recovering a fumble.* That's 3 incidents now, on one of our questions,*where the Box score was incomplete.</P>

Don't think I get the game tonight in Pa.* I hate that. I'll try to listen ob FAN. The Met game will be over, so they should be carrying it. In the good old days you could always catch preseason on WPIX.</P>

wow WPIX.....i havent thought of that station in a while....

great call on Amani dad....yeah he ran the clock .....

you and I ...along with a couple more of these guys in this thread could get together and write a book on Giants history from a fan who was theres perspective......hahahahaha

or even a trivia book....

somebody give me a question!!!!!!!

Im ready.......

SEC105
08-29-2009, 03:30 PM

Here's one I remember.* His dad was a teacher in Oakland, and he ran the clock up in a booth for Oakland home games</P>

I treid to look this up.* This is another one, YA, where there is no credit in the box score for recovering a fumble.* That's 3 incidents now, on one of our questions,*where the Box score was incomplete.</P>

Don't think I get the game tonight in Pa.* I hate that. I'll try to listen ob FAN. The Met game will be over, so they should be carrying it. In the good old days you could always catch preseason on WPIX.</P>

you and I ...along with a couple more of these guys in this thread could get together and write a book on Giants history from a fan who was theres perspective......hahahahaha

Im ready.......
Staying on Toomer......what long time Giant record did he break in his first game playing for us?
Z

YATittle1962
08-29-2009, 03:35 PM

Im ready.......
Staying on Toomer......what long time Giant record did he break in his first game playing for us?
Z

this is a guess but...

was it longest punt return to score?

thats pretty much all I can remember him doing his first year.

Aaron5611
08-29-2009, 03:36 PM

Here's one I remember. His dad was a teacher in Oakland, and he ran the clock up in a booth for Oakland home games</P>

I remember Lyle West's name. TY, Lyle, for getting us the fumble.</P>

I treid to look this up. This is another one, YA, where there is no credit in the box score for recovering a fumble. That's 3 incidents now, on one of our questions,where the Box score was incomplete.</P>

Don't think I get the game tonight in Pa. I hate that. I'll try to listen ob FAN. The Met game will be over, so they should be carrying it. In the good old days you could always catch preseason on WPIX.</P>

wow WPIX.....i havent thought of that station in a while.... great call on Amani dad....yeah he ran the clock ..... you and I ...along with a couple more of these guys in this thread could get together and write a book on Giants history from a fan who was theres perspective......hahahahaha or even a trivia book.... somebody give me a question!!!!!!! Im ready....... Staying on Toomer......what long time Giant record did he break in his first game playing for us? Z</P>

Longest punt return for a TD?</P>

SEC105
08-29-2009, 03:43 PM
that was it you guys , longest punt return since around 1963. Who's record did he break?
Z

zimonami
08-29-2009, 04:04 PM
that was it you guys , longest punt return since around 1963. Who's record did he break? Z</P>

Hugh McElhenny returned punts for us in '63, so I'll guess him.</P>

YATittle1962
08-31-2009, 07:07 PM
in the 2000 season NFC Championship game...

whos...passing yards in a championship game record did Kerry Collins break when he threw for 381 yds?

and before Kerry threw 5 TDs that day.....who was the last QB to throw 5 TDs in a championship game?

zimonami
08-31-2009, 11:20 PM
in the 2000 season NFC Championship game... whos...passing yards in a championship game record did Kerry Collins break when he threw for 381 yds? and before Kerry threw 5 TDs that day.....who was the last QB to throw 5 TDs in a championship game?</P>

I'd have to guess MOntana for the broken yardage record.</P>

I can't remember anyone throwing 5 TD passes in an NFC or AFC Championship. I know Staubach and Marino each had a 4 TD Champ. Game, but I'm blank on anyone getting 5.</P>

rbcarpenter
09-01-2009, 12:22 AM

whos...passing yards in a championship game record did Kerry Collins break when he threw for 381 yds?

and before Kerry threw 5 TDs that day.....who was the last QB to throw 5 TDs in a championship game?i think jim kelly may have thrown 5 td's when the bills beat oakland in the 90 afc championship game.yards?hmmm,this is a flat out guess,no research......mark rypien,91 nfc championship?

jints10
09-01-2009, 08:42 AM

and before Kerry threw 5 TDs that day.....who was the last QB to throw 5 TDs in a championship game?
I know that Kerry broke Sid Luckman's record for one of these that day. It may be both.

zimonami
09-01-2009, 11:02 AM
in the 2000 season NFC Championship game... whos...passing yards in a championship game record did Kerry Collins break when he threw for 381 yds? and before Kerry threw 5 TDs that day.....who was the last QB to throw 5 TDs in a championship game?
I know that Kerry broke Sid Luckman's record for one of these that day. It may be both.
</P>

Wow, Sid Luckman... if it is Sid, good job jints 10</P>

YATittle1962
09-01-2009, 11:50 AM

BINGO!

it was Sid Luckman that threw 5 TDs in a championship game....

...and the passing yards in a Championship game was.....Troy Aikman

jints10
09-01-2009, 12:12 PM
In the Wild Card game vs Minny following the 1993 season a Giant scored 2 TDs in the third QTR,
Who was it?

YATittle1962
09-01-2009, 12:17 PM
In the Wild Card game vs Minny following the 1993 season a Giant scored 2 TDs in the third QTR,
Who was it?

Ill never forget this....

it was Rodney Hampton....one of them was for pretty big yardage....

dont remember exactly how long but......it was a big play

jints10
09-01-2009, 03:00 PM
Who was it?

Ill never forget this....

it was Rodney Hampton....one of them was for pretty big yardage....

dont remember exactly how long but......it was a big play
It was Rodney YA, and the long one was a 51 yard run. Nice job!

YATittle1962
09-01-2009, 06:04 PM
the 1990 season....

playoff game vs. the Bears....

what did the Giants defense do differently in that game that they had not done at all that year ........ until that game?

Z

jints10
09-01-2009, 06:21 PM
the 1990 season....

what did the Giants defense do differently in that game that they had not done at all that year ........ until that game?

Z

Giants used a 4-3 defense and started then rookie Mike Fox to limit the Bears ground attack.

YATittle1962
09-01-2009, 06:45 PM
the 1990 season....

Z

Giants used a 4-3 defense and started then rookie Mike Fox to limit the Bears ground attack.

very nice jints......nailed it on the head....

YATittle1962
09-01-2009, 07:01 PM
same game....

what rookie left the field on the cart that day?

jints10
09-01-2009, 08:51 PM
same game....

That would be Rodney Hampton

YATittle1962
09-01-2009, 09:58 PM
same game....

yr on fire tonight jints.......heres one.....

who was president the last time the Giants had beaten the Bears before the 1990 playoff game?

bonus question........

what was Bill Parcells job at that time?

MOOK3456
09-01-2009, 10:16 PM
same game....

who was president the last time the Giants had beaten the Bears before the 1990 playoff game?

bonus question........

Parcells was assistant coach at Army

President waaaaaaaaaaaaas..... Lyndon Johnson

rbcarpenter
09-01-2009, 10:20 PM
same game....

bonus question........

what was Bill Parcells job at that time?i think IKE was the president at that time,and parcells was in high school at the time.if he had a job at that time,i don't know what is was.
(1956)

YATittle1962
09-01-2009, 10:22 PM
same game....

bonus question........

it was 69

wasnt Johnson...

and yeah Parcells was at west point

MOOK3456
09-01-2009, 10:25 PM
same game....

bonus question........

it was 69

wasnt Johnson...

and yeah Parcells was at west point

Must have been Nixon then

zimonami
09-01-2009, 10:29 PM
same game.... what rookie left the field on the cart that day?

yr on fire tonight jints.......heres one..... who was president the last time the Giants had beaten the Bears before the 1990 playoff game? bonus question........ what was Bill Parcells job at that time?</P>

Little blond kid in the back of the class raises his hand.</P>

That was way backaround 1969-70, when Nixon was our pres. At that time I think Bill Parcells was still coaching defense with Army, and was forging a friendship with Bobby Knight, their hoopscoach. </P>

Except for the playoff loss in '85-'86 season. we only played Chicago about 3 other times from '69 to '90.... a waste of a long rivalry among old time NFL foes.</P>

YATittle1962
09-01-2009, 10:34 PM
who the hell am I to think I can trip up the masters on this thread....

;)

good work fellas......

Im racking my brain for the next question.....

im on a roll

rbcarpenter
09-01-2009, 10:44 PM
ooops,thought you meant last time they played in the playoffs,my bad!

zimonami
09-01-2009, 10:54 PM
I went back to 1990 to start going backwards to 1969 to see how many times we played Chicago. Never got there, cuz I noriced our Receiving stats for '90.</P>

I have been posting for weeks that we don't need an elite #1 from another team... that our current group was good enough to get us all the way, and were every bit as good as the receivers of '86 and '90.</P>

Well the '90 stats blew me away. Our TOP receiver had 39 catches! How did we win it all without a true #1? hahahaha.</P>

Anyways, this will shock you... match the player to his total catches - see who can get the most right:</P>

OJ Anderson; Steven Baker; Mark Bavaro; Mo Carthon; Howard Cross; Rodney Hampton; Bobby Ingram; Lionel Manuel, Dave Meggett</P>

Catches: 39; 33; 32; 26; 26; 18; 14; 11; 8</P>

Amazing... of the top 9 receivers, only 3 were WR's. Talk about receiving by committee!</P>

zimonami
09-01-2009, 11:04 PM
ooops,thought you meant last time they played in the playoffs,my bad!</P>

lol, rbc... when I saw your answer I knew you were thinking about our last chamionship before 1986... against the Bears in '56. Yeah, Ike was President, and Nixon was VP</P>

MOOK3456
09-01-2009, 11:11 PM
I went back to 1990 to start going backwards to 1969 to see how many times we played Chicago. Never got there, cuz I noriced our Receiving stats for '90.</p>

I have been posting for weeks that we don't need an elite #1 from another team... that our current group was good enough to get us all the way, and were every bit as good as the receivers of '86 and '90.</p>

Well the '90 stats blew me away. Our TOP receiver had 39 catches! How did we win it all without a true #1? hahahaha.</p>

Anyways, this will shock you... match the player to his total catches - see who can get the most right:</p>

OJ Anderson; Steven Baker; Mark Bavaro; Mo Carthon; Howard Cross; Rodney Hampton; Bobby Ingram; Lionel Manuel, Dave Meggett</p>

Catches: 39; 33; 32; 26; 26; 18; 14; 11; 8</p>

Amazing... of the top 9 receivers, only 3 were WR's. Talk about receiving by committee!</p>

Ok I'll guess without cheating[:D]

OJ Anderson: 8
Steven Baker: 33
Lionel Manuel: 39
Bobby Ingram: 32
Mark Bavaro: 26
Howard Cross: 18
Mo Carthon: 14
Dave Meggett: 26
Rodney Hampton: 11

YATittle1962
09-01-2009, 11:13 PM
I went back to 1990 to start going backwards to 1969 to see how many times we played Chicago. Never got there, cuz I noriced our Receiving stats for '90.</P>

I have been posting for weeks that we don't need an elite #1 from another team... that our current group was good enough to get us all the way, and were every bit as good as the receivers of '86 and '90.</P>

Well the '90 stats blew me away.* Our TOP receiver had 39 catches! How did we win it all without a true #1? hahahaha.</P>

Anyways, this will shock you... match the player to his total catches - see who can get the most right:</P>

OJ Anderson;* Steven Baker;* Mark Bavaro;* Mo Carthon;* Howard Cross;* Rodney Hampton;* Bobby Ingram;** Lionel Manuel,** Dave Meggett</P>

Catches:* 39;* 33;* 32;* 26;* 26;* 18;* 14;* 11;* 8</P>

Amazing... of the top 9 receivers, only 3 were WR's.* Talk about receiving by committee!</P>

tough one Zim....Ill take a crack....

ill say.....

Bavaro - 39
Meggett - 33
Baker - 32
Ingram - 26
Hampton - 26
Carthon - 18
OJ - 14
Manuel - 11
Cross - 8

yeah ...I guess that kinda makes sense to me.....

it is crazy to me that we went all the way...and they were our leading receivers.....

MOOK3456
09-01-2009, 11:20 PM
Bah! I should have read your Toomer post first lol.

zimonami
09-01-2009, 11:34 PM
Bah! I should have read your Toomer post first lol.
</P>

LOL, Mook. I was thinking of that, too. Hahahaha.</P>

But, now that you know some of them, can you believe it?</P>

Smith had 57 last year... more than the total of Baker and Ingram in '90</P>

YATittle1962
09-01-2009, 11:38 PM
while we are waiting on the answer to those receptions.....

in the 1990 NFC championship game.....

Dave Meggett had one pass attempt.....an incompletion....

who was on the other end of that incompletion?

zimonami
09-01-2009, 11:47 PM
while we are waiting on the answer to those receptions..... in the 1990 NFC championship game..... Dave Meggett had one pass attempt.....an incompletion.... who was on the other end of that incompletion?</P>

that's tough. I remember him passing but can't remember, and I was at the game... I'llguess Hoss</P>

YATittle1962
09-02-2009, 02:24 AM
while we are waiting on the answer to those receptions..... in the 1990 NFC championship game..... Dave Meggett had one pass attempt.....an incompletion.... who was on the other end of that incompletion?</P>

that's tough. I remember him passing but can't remember, and I was at the game... I'll*guess Hoss</P>

it was Maurice Carthon

jints10
09-02-2009, 08:01 AM
while we are waiting on the answer to those receptions..... in the 1990 NFC championship game..... Dave Meggett had one pass attempt.....an incompletion.... who was on the other end of that incompletion?</p>

that's tough. I remember him passing but can't remember, and I was at the game... I'llguess Hoss</p>

it was Maurice Carthon

The ball went right through Carthon's hands. BTW Mo may become the offensive coordinator for the Chiefs.

In the 1958 Eastern Conference playoff Giants vs Browns, Giants scored one TD and won.

Who scored the TD and who lateraled the ball?

zimonami
09-02-2009, 08:22 AM

that's tough. I remember him passing but can't remember, and I was at the game... I'llguess Hoss</P>

it was Maurice Carthon

The ball went right through Carthon's hands. BTW Mo may become the offensive coordinator for the Chiefs.

In the 1958 Eastern Conference playoff Giants vs Browns, Giants scored one TD and won.

</P>

I'm pretty sure Charlie Conerly scored. I'll guess that Gifford lateraled.</P>

jints10
09-02-2009, 08:33 AM
while we are waiting on the answer to those receptions..... in the 1990 NFC championship game..... Dave Meggett had one pass attempt.....an incompletion.... who was on the other end of that incompletion?</p>

that's tough. I remember him passing but can't remember, and I was at the game... I'llguess Hoss</p>

it was Maurice Carthon

</p>

I'm pretty sure Charlie Conerly scored. I'll guess that Gifford lateraled.</p>

Nice job Zim!

YATittle1962
09-02-2009, 10:44 AM
not sure if there is a sure answer for this one....

in the game before that Eastern Conference playoff...

also against the browns...

how long was Summeralls game winning FG?

if you asked my old man it was 65 yds...hahahahaha

jints10
09-02-2009, 01:41 PM
not sure if there is a sure answer for this one....

in the game before that Eastern Conference playoff...

also against the browns...

how long was Summeralls game winning FG?

if you asked my old man it was 65 yds...hahahahaha

Yea that was the snow game, Summerall himself claims it was a lot longer than they gave him credit for

NFL gives him credit for a 49 yarder

zimonami
09-02-2009, 09:04 PM

it was Maurice Carthon

</P>

I'm pretty sure Charlie Conerly scored. I'll guess that Gifford lateraled.</P>

Nice job Zim!
</P>

lol... I remember it from the Greatest Game book. Even having just read it a few months ago, it was hard to recall. The old brain is running low.</P>

Having to play that extra game against Cleveland, before the Colts, had to take something out of our guys</P>

zimonami
09-02-2009, 09:12 PM
tough one Zim....Ill take a crack.... ill say..... Bavaro - 39 Meggett - 33 Baker - 32 Ingram - 26 Hampton - 26 Carthon - 18 OJ - 14 Manuel - 11 Cross - 8 yeah ...I guess that kinda makes sense to me..... it is crazy to me that we went all the way...and they were our leading receivers.....</P>

You were closer than Mook, YA</P>

Megget - 39</P>

Bavaro - 33</P>

Hampton, - 32</P>

Baker - 26</P>

Ingram - 26</P>

Anderson - 18</P>

Carthon - 14</P>

Manuel - 11</P>

Cross - 8</P>

Amazing... Our WR's had26 + 26 + 11 = 63. Our TE's had 41. Bavaro had 66 all by himself in '86. We had 2 RB's and a TE catch more than any WR. </P>

So, can we win without a bonafide #1 WR?</P>

</P>

YATittle1962
09-03-2009, 12:50 AM
*tough one Zim....Ill take a crack.... ill say..... Bavaro - 39 Meggett - 33 Baker - 32 Ingram - 26 Hampton - 26 Carthon - 18 OJ - 14 Manuel - 11 Cross - 8 yeah ...I guess that kinda makes sense to me..... it is crazy to me that we went all the way...and they were our leading receivers.....</P>

You were closer than Mook, YA</P>

Megget - 39***********</P>

Bavaro - 33</P>

Hampton, - 32</P>

Baker - 26</P>

Ingram - 26</P>

Anderson - 18</P>

Carthon - 14</P>

Manuel - 11</P>

Cross - 8</P>

Amazing... Our WR's had*26 + 26 + 11 = 63.** Our TE's had 41.* Bavaro had 66 all by himself in '86.* We had 2 RB's and a TE catch more than any WR. </P>

So, can we win without a bonafide #1 WR?</P>

************************************************** ************************************************** ***********</P>

wow...Meggett the leading receiver.....I wouldnt have thought that...

those numbers are astonishing considering what we accomplished that year.....

the 1990 Giants set an NFL record that year for having the lowest (what?) in NFL history?

zimonami
09-03-2009, 01:32 AM
wow...Meggett the leading receiver.....I wouldnt have thought that... those numbers are astonishing considering what we accomplished that year..... the 1990 Giants set an NFL record that year for having the lowest (what?) in NFL history?</P>

Turnovers</P>

YATittle1962
09-03-2009, 02:31 AM
* wow...Meggett the leading receiver.....I wouldnt have thought that... those numbers are astonishing considering what we accomplished that year..... the 1990 Giants set an NFL record that year for having the lowest (what?) in NFL history?</P>

Turnovers</P>

too easy Zimmy ......too easy..... ;)

zimonami
09-03-2009, 02:24 PM
wow...Meggett the leading receiver.....I wouldnt have thought that... those numbers are astonishing considering what we accomplished that year..... the 1990 Giants set an NFL record that year for having the lowest (what?) in NFL history?</P>

Turnovers</P>

too easy Zimmy ......too easy..... ;)</P>

it's nice to review these old SB teams, like '90, to see what it takes to win. It blew me away to see Meggett as the leading receiver, with only 39. It puts into prespective that we don't need a great WR corp to win. </P>

When driving to SB XXV, with my son, we spent the whole trip discussing our team. We both knew we'd have a great chance because we rarely had a turnover. </P>

This year's team has solid D, like the '90 team, and you'd assume Manning has an adge over Hoss in '90. So, there's no reason we can't go all the way with this team</P>

YATittle1962
09-03-2009, 02:34 PM
* wow...Meggett the leading receiver.....I wouldnt have thought that... those numbers are astonishing considering what we accomplished that year..... the 1990 Giants set an NFL record that year for having the lowest (what?) in NFL history?</P>

Turnovers</P>

it's nice to review these old SB teams, like '90, to see what it takes to win.* It blew me away to see Meggett as the leading receiver, with only 39.* It puts into prespective that we don't need a great WR corp to win.* </P>

When driving to SB XXV, with my son, we spent the whole trip discussing our team. We both knew we'd have a great chance because we rarely had a turnover.* </P>

This year's team has solid D, like the '90 team, and you'd assume Manning has an adge over Hoss in '90. So, there's no reason we can't go all the way with this team</P>

I dunno Zim....its arguable...

when ole Hoss was on ...he was on....

plus he was deadly on that roll out....not to mention pretty darn accurate......

and that fool could run like hell.....

I loved Hoss as a Giant....

what was significant about the opening 3rd quarter drive in that SB?

....and what team most recently out did what they did on that drive?

jints10
09-03-2009, 03:13 PM
wow...Meggett the leading receiver.....I wouldnt have thought that... those numbers are astonishing considering what we accomplished that year..... the 1990 Giants set an NFL record that year for having the lowest (what?) in NFL history?</p>

Turnovers</p>

too easy Zimmy ......too easy..... ;)</p>

it's nice to review these old SB teams, like '90, to see what it takes to win. It blew me away to see Meggett as the leading receiver, with only 39. It puts into prespective that we don't need a great WR corp to win. </p>

When driving to SB XXV, with my son, we spent the whole trip discussing our team. We both knew we'd have a great chance because we rarely had a turnover. </p>

This year's team has solid D, like the '90 team, and you'd assume Manning has an adge over Hoss in '90. So, there's no reason we can't go all the way with this team</p>

I dunno Zim....its arguable...

when ole Hoss was on ...he was on....

plus he was deadly on that roll out....not to mention pretty darn accurate......

and that fool could run like hell.....

I loved Hoss as a Giant....

what was significant about the opening 3rd quarter drive in that SB?

....and what team most recently out did what they did on that drive?
Giants held the ball for like 9 or 10 min. scoring drive in a Super Bowl
Giants just broke it in Super Bowl 42

zimonami
09-03-2009, 03:41 PM

Turnovers</P>

it's nice to review these old SB teams, like '90, to see what it takes to win. It blew me away to see Meggett as the leading receiver, with only 39. It puts into prespective that we don't need a great WR corp to win. </P>

When driving to SB XXV, with my son, we spent the whole trip discussing our team. We both knew we'd have a great chance because we rarely had a turnover. </P>

I dunno Zim....its arguable... when ole Hoss was on ...he was on.... plus he was deadly on that roll out....not to mention pretty darn accurate...... and that fool could run like hell..... I loved Hoss as a Giant.... what was significant about the opening 3rd quarter drive in that SB? ....and what team most recently out did what they did on that drive?
</P>

I'll second jints10... I know that he's right. I think XXV was a 9:20 drive to open the 3rd Qtr... I just looked at it last week, so I know I'm close</P>

YATittle1962
09-03-2009, 04:46 PM
hell yeah guys.....
two longest drives in SB history...

now thats Giant football.....

they both were 2 of the best drives I think ive ever seen.....that I remember.....

Roswell777
09-03-2009, 06:10 PM
Hey guys. I just got the dvd 10 greatest Giant games from Amazon. Really it might be considered the 10 greatest of the last 23 years but that's not important. I had these games on tape but over the years the tapes degrade. Anyway, I highly recommend the box set. They do a nice job with it.

Last night I watched the first dvd, Giants vs 49ers from the 1986 playoffs. Simms threw 21 TDs in 1986. Montana, who was hurt part of the year, threw 8. Anyone want to guess how many INTs they each threw? The answer may surprise you.

jints10
09-03-2009, 06:19 PM
Hey guys. I just got the dvd 10 greatest Giant games from Amazon. Really it might be considered the 10 greatest of the last 23 years but that's not important. I had these games on tape but over the years the tapes degrade. Anyway, I highly recommend the box set. They do a nice job with it.

Last night I watched the first dvd, Giants vs 49ers from the 1986 playoffs. Simms threw 21 TDs in 1986. Montana, who was hurt part of the year, threw 8. Anyone want to guess how many INTs they each threw? The answer may surprise you.

Simms had 22 ints in 86

Not sure about Montana but I'll take a stab at it, 7

zimonami
09-03-2009, 06:28 PM

Simms had 22 ints in 86

Not sure about Montana but I'll take a stab at it, 7
</P>

I know jints10 has Simms INT's correct, but, I'll raise his 7 INT's by Montana by 1 INT and guess Joe had 1 per game = 8</P>

zimonami
09-03-2009, 06:32 PM
hell yeah guys..... two longest drives in SB history... now thats Giant football..... they both were 2 of the best drives I think ive ever seen.....that I remember.....</P>

Yes, if you had a SB record, that would be the one that best reflected our teams. Chip away at the first down marker. The '86 team also had a similar offense that year. </P>

I love it... wear their D down, and keep ours fresh.</P>

rbcarpenter
09-03-2009, 06:41 PM
Hey guys.* I just got the dvd 10 greatest Giant games from Amazon.* Really it might be considered the 10 greatest of the last 23 years but that's not important.* I had these games on tape but over the years the tapes degrade.* Anyway, I highly recommend the box set.* They do a nice job with it.

Last night I watched the first dvd, Giants vs 49ers from the 1986 playoffs.* Simms threw 21 TDs in 1986.* Montana, who was hurt part of the year, threw 8.* Anyone want to guess how many INTs they each threw?* The answer may surprise you.
i still say that one of the games should have been the '81 ot finale against dallas.what a classic!pretty mellow rant,huh?

BigBlue1971
09-03-2009, 06:55 PM

Turnovers</P>

I dunno Zim....its arguable... when ole Hoss was on ...he was on.... plus he was deadly on that roll out....not to mention pretty darn accurate...... and that fool could run like hell..... I loved Hoss as a Giant.... what was significant about the opening 3rd quarter drive in that SB? ....and what team most recently out did what they did on that drive?
</P>

I'll second jints10... I know that he's right. I think XXV was a 9:20 drive to open the 3rd Qtr... I just looked at it last week, so I know I'm close</P>

</P>

</P>

that 3rd qtr drive was a masterpiece, kept alive by ingrams catch and run for a first down. also, the g-men closed out the first half with an 7-8 minute drive. </P>

jints10
09-03-2009, 06:55 PM

i still say that one of the games should have been the '81 ot finale against dallas.what a classic!pretty mellow rant,huh?
That game was one of my favs too RBC. We finally beat Dallas and we finally went to the playoffs.

As the stadium PA guy played that day "What a Day for a Daydream" da da da da da da daaaaa

I remember it like it was yesterday.

Roswell777
09-03-2009, 06:56 PM
They would probably have to have 100 games to keep us happy but to answer the question, both Simms and Montana each threw one more INT than they did TD that year. I remember 86 pretty well, I don't remember Simms throwing that many INTs.

The playoffs from 86 (3)
the playoffs from 90 (3)
the Sehorn game vs the Eagles 2000 playoffs
giant vikes nfc championship
reg season giants vs eagles 2006
sb 42

Those are the 10 in the dvd box. I would have liked to see giants vs chiefs (85). There was a giant dallas game years back that ended 38-35 or so, I would have liked to see. Any other games you guys would have put in?

DBurchHero
09-03-2009, 06:57 PM
wow we have a good thread like this on daily sports pages where I come from let me see if I can find some good questions to post

be right back

Roswell777
09-03-2009, 07:00 PM

That game was one of my favs too RBC. We finally beat Dallas and we finally went to the playoffs.

As the stadium PA guy played that day "What a Day for a Daydream" da da da da da da daaaaa

I think that game was on a Saturday. Did Danelo miss some FGs? Byron Hunt intercepted a pass, I think. Dallas was already in. I think it was at the Meadowlands. Yesterday for you, almost 30 yrs ago for me.

YATittle1962
09-03-2009, 07:29 PM
wow we have a good thread like this on daily sports pages where I come from let me see if I can find some good questions to post

be right back

welcome.....

this thread has been going pretty long so if your questions are repeats...(and we even remember)....we will let you know....

but feel free to ask away......we are all old pros here... hahahaha

zimonami
09-03-2009, 08:00 PM
wow we have a good thread like this on daily sports pages where I come from let me see if I can find some good questions to post be right back</P>

Bring it on, DBurch. New blood and new questions are always welcome. We have a really nice bunch of peeps here, many of whom are old farts who went to their first Giant game in late 50's, early 60's. My first game was '68. </P>

We do pretty good remembering, but Alzheimers creeps in ocassionally. If you looked upan answer, that's plenty OK, but just mention that you peeked.</P>

Welcome.</P>

jints10
09-04-2009, 07:31 AM
Phil Simms once threw for 513 yards in one game (Giants lost)

Who did the Giants play that day and what year?

Roswell777
09-04-2009, 10:10 AM

The Bengals. I think it was 1985. Welcome to the best thread on the MB.

jints10
09-04-2009, 11:24 AM

The Bengals. I think it was 1985. Welcome to the best thread on the MB.

Nice Ros correct on both accounts

YATittle1962
09-04-2009, 11:39 AM
who was the WR/TE that had 36 rushing attempts in 1979?

zimonami
09-04-2009, 05:30 PM
who was the WR/TE that had 36 rushing attempts in 1979?</P>

I waited long enough foe someone else. I had to look it up, but then I remembered... Emery Moorehead. He was a hybrid WR/TE, as you noted, with the speed to return kickoffs and to run the ball.</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Next Question: What distinction does Emery Moorehead, and his son, Aaron hold in the NFL?</P>

jints10
09-04-2009, 10:06 PM
who was the WR/TE that had 36 rushing attempts in 1979?</p>

I waited long enough foe someone else. I had to look it up, but then I remembered... Emery Moorehead. He was a hybrid WR/TE, as you noted, with the speed to return kickoffs and to run the ball.</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

Next Question: What distinction does Emery Moorehead, and his son, Aaron hold in the NFL?</p>

Ok Zim I looked it up never knew Emory had a kid in the NFL

They were both WRs and both got rings

Nice original question YA I havent thought about Emory Moorehead in many many years.

zimonami
09-04-2009, 10:09 PM
who was the WR/TE that had 36 rushing attempts in 1979?</P>

I waited long enough foe someone else. I had to look it up, but then I remembered... Emery Moorehead. He was a hybrid WR/TE, as you noted, with the speed to return kickoffs and to run the ball.</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Next Question: What distinction does Emery Moorehead, and his son, Aaron hold in the NFL?</P>

Ok Zim I looked it up never knew Emory had a kid in the NFL

They were both WRs and both got rings

Nice original question YA I havent thought about Emory Moorehead in many many years.
</P>

lol... good one, jints10... I wouldn't have known the question if I hadn't looked up the answer for YA's question. But, it is neat. Emery with Chicago, '85, and Aaron with the Colts</P>

YATittle1962
09-04-2009, 10:17 PM
thought you guys would like to see these introductions.....

this kinda gave me chills....I cant lie
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYVj-7Wfdeo&amp;feature=PlayList&amp;p=B16A0A482392FA28&amp;playnex t=1&amp;playnext_from=PL&amp;index=35">
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYVj-7Wfdeo&amp;feature=PlayList&amp;p=B16A0A482392FA28&amp;playnex t=1&amp;playnext_from=PL&amp;index=35</a>

rbcarpenter
09-04-2009, 10:26 PM
Hey guys.* I just got the dvd 10 greatest Giant games from Amazon.* Really it might be considered the 10 greatest of the last 23 years but that's not important.* I had these games on tape but over the years the tapes degrade.* Anyway, I highly recommend the box set.* They do a nice job with it.

Last night I watched the first dvd, Giants vs 49ers from the 1986 playoffs.* Simms threw 21 TDs in 1986.* Montana, who was hurt part of the year, threw 8.* Anyone want to guess how many INTs they each threw?* The answer may surprise you.

As the stadium PA guy played that day "What a Day for a Daydream" da* da*** da da da da daaaaa

I think that game was on a Saturday.* Did Danelo miss some FGs?* Byron Hunt intercepted a pass, I think.* Dallas was already in.* I think it was at the Meadowlands.* Yesterday for you, almost 30 yrs ago for me.

you are correct on all counts,roswell.danelo was 2 of 5 that saturday afternoon in the meadowlands.

BigBlue1971
09-04-2009, 10:28 PM

<A href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYVj-7Wfdeo&amp;feature=PlayList&amp;p=B16A0A482392FA28&amp;playnex t=1&amp;playnext_from=PL&amp;index=35">
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYVj-7Wfdeo&amp;feature=PlayList&amp;p=B16A0A482392FA28&amp;playnex t=1&amp;playnext_from=PL&amp;index=35</A>
</P>

</P>

were u at that game YA? </P>

YATittle1962
09-04-2009, 10:30 PM

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYVj-7Wfdeo&amp;feature=PlayList&amp;p=B16A0A482392FA28&amp;playnex t=1&amp;playnext_from=PL&amp;index=35">
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYVj-7Wfdeo&amp;feature=PlayList&amp;p=B16A0A482392FA28&amp;playnex t=1&amp;playnext_from=PL&amp;index=35</a>
</p>

</p>

were u at that game YA? </p>

no I didnt go to my first game until the following season....

Oct. 28 1962

Tittle threw 7 TDs that day.....changed my life to this day..

plus that game was in Wisconsin

jints10
09-04-2009, 10:36 PM

I think that game was on a Saturday. Did Danelo miss some FGs? Byron Hunt intercepted a pass, I think. Dallas was already in. I think it was at the Meadowlands. Yesterday for you, almost 30 yrs ago for me.

you are correct on all counts,roswell.danelo was 2 of 5 that saturday afternoon in the meadowlands.
Yea he missed one that would have ended it in regulation. After Hunts INT we finally won and playoffs in my lifetime!

BigBlue1971
09-04-2009, 10:45 PM

<A href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYVj-7Wfdeo&amp;feature=PlayList&amp;p=B16A0A482392FA28&amp;playnex t=1&amp;playnext_from=PL&amp;index=35">
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYVj-7Wfdeo&amp;feature=PlayList&amp;p=B16A0A482392FA28&amp;playnex t=1&amp;playnext_from=PL&amp;index=35</A>
</P>

</P>

Oct. 28 1962

</P>

</P>

and gave u a nice avatar too! my first game was in october or november 66 when the g-men beat the "foreskins". i think that was the only win that season! </P>

YATittle1962
09-04-2009, 10:54 PM

the year my oldest was born....

...also the year the Giants were 2-12.......ugh

a buddy of mine and I drove to Philadelphia to the Vet to watch the Giants get stomped 35-7

that place was rough.......

it was painful.....

anyway.....

a RB wearing #25 scored his only TD as a Giant that day......

who was he?

jints10
09-04-2009, 10:58 PM

a buddy of mine and I drove to Philadelphia to the Vet to watch the Giants get stomped 35-7

it was painful.....

anyway.....

who was he?

Gordon Bell?

YATittle1962
09-04-2009, 11:01 PM

</p>

</p>

were u at that game YA? </p>

Oct. 28 1962

</p>

</p>

and gave u a nice avatar too! my first game was in october or november 66 when the g-men beat the "foreskins". i think that was the only win that season! </p>

my first game was also against the skins....

were you living in the Bronx then?

YATittle1962
09-04-2009, 11:01 PM

it was painful.....

anyway.....

who was he?

Gordon Bell?

wasnt Bell

jints10
09-04-2009, 11:09 PM

it was painful.....

anyway.....

who was he?

Gordon Bell?

wasnt Bell

Oh shoot YA I just looked it up I should of known

jints10
09-04-2009, 11:14 PM

it was painful.....

anyway.....

who was he?

Gordon Bell?

wasnt Bell

Oh shoot YA I just looked it up I should of known

Only 2 years off YA not too bad

zimonami
09-04-2009, 11:21 PM
I should have known, too... but, I looked it up. Why didn't you say it, jints? Once you knew it, pass it on. I was too impatient to wait...lol</P>

Leon McQuay. </P>

I remember him... a small, but tough guy. </P>

jints10
09-04-2009, 11:33 PM
I should have known, too... but, I looked it up. Why didn't you say it, jints? Once you knew it, pass it on. I was too impatient to wait...lol</p>

Leon McQuay. </p>

I remember him... a small, but tough guy. </p>

In my house we called him "All the Way McQuay" after his first preseason but was a bust

zimonami
09-04-2009, 11:33 PM
McQuay, in his one year, had 55 carries for 240 yds; 7 punt returns for 81; 25 KO returns for 689 yds. (27.6 avg. pretty good.)

jints10
09-04-2009, 11:43 PM
McQuay, in his one year, had 55 carries for 240 yds; 7 punt returns for 81; 25 KO returns for 689 yds. (27.6 avg. pretty good.)
I dont know Zim but back then we kept getting guys that didn't pan out

zimonami
09-04-2009, 11:56 PM
</P>

'74? Those were brutal times for us. Mara's arguing with each other and no really knowledgeable GM until '79. Poor talent judging back then. Like I said, McQuay was small and tough. But, he was a small guy, and a trimmer build than a guy like Meggett. He was serviceable, and I remember "All the way McQuay". But, you couldn't use guys like him to build a steady winner. Like Leon Bright, he was pretty fearless... geezuz, you'd have to be fearless to be 5'8" and 175 and run the football in the NFL.</P>

jints10
09-05-2009, 12:13 AM
</p>

'74? Those were brutal times for us. Mara's arguing with each other and no really knowledgeable GM until '79. Poor talent judging back then. Like I said, McQuay was small and tough. But, he was a small guy, and a trimmer build than a guy like Meggett. He was serviceable, and I remember "All the way McQuay". But, you couldn't use guys like him to build a steady winner. Like Leon Bright, he was pretty fearless... geezuz, you'd have to be fearless to be 5'8" and 175 and run the football in the NFL.</p>
Yea the dark days Tim and Well

Bad drafts year after year

But we had our hero's

zimonami
09-05-2009, 12:22 AM

But we had our hero's
</P>

'74 - Tucker, Kotar, Mendenhall, Gregory, Spider, Van Pelt, Kelley, Jennings... yeah, we did have some great guys to be proud of.</P>

zimonami
09-05-2009, 12:48 AM
This player was the very last selection in the 9th round of the '83 draft. He was an overachiever and, during his first preseason game against the Jets, Parcell's said to him... "Son, you can play for my team any time."</P>

He became a fan favorite in his 1 year with the Giants for beating the odds and always giving total effort.</P>

</P>

Here's a link on a nice story about him... it's 4 pages, but worth it:</P>

Someone answer the question before opening the link... lol</P>

</P>

</P>

http://www.nytimes.com/1986/09/14/sports/tuggle-s-fight-against-time.html?&amp;pagewanted=1</P>

rbcarpenter
09-05-2009, 01:12 AM
This player was the very last selection in the 9th round of the '83 draft.* He was an overachiever and, during his first preseason game against the Jets, Parcell's said to him... "Son, you can play for my team any time."</P>

He became a fan favorite in his 1 year with the Giants for beating the odds and always giving total effort.</P>

*</P>

*</P>

*</P>

http://www.nytimes.com/1986/09/14/sports/tuggle-s-fight-against-time.html?&pagewanted=1</P>i remember reading this article when i was about 17 growing up in south river, nj,and thinking that 25 was living a pretty long life.now,at 42,i realize that this brave young man's life was cut way too short.i thought when he made the team in '83 he would wind up being my man carpenters' eventual replacement.for all the younger fans who never got a chance to see him play,you missed something truly special.R.I.P.,TUGS.some of us out here still miss you.

jints10
09-05-2009, 01:16 AM
This player was the very last selection in the 9th round of the '83 draft. He was an overachiever and, during his first preseason game against the Jets, Parcell's said to him... "Son, you can play for my team any time."</p>

He became a fan favorite in his 1 year with the Giants for beating the odds and always giving total effort.</p>

</p>

Here's a link on a nice story about him... it's 4 pages, but worth it:</p>

Someone answer the question before opening the link... lol</p>

Looked up the draft Zim that was a good one!</p>

I had people in Atlanta chanting his name and wearing the garb</p>

I went to school down there from 84-88 . thank God for Peoples Express and $39 round trips. I tended bar to make it to games
</p>

I still own property in Atlanta</p>

Now all I do is a licensed Electrician small company with 3 vans and 6 employees
</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

jints10
09-05-2009, 01:20 AM
This player was the very last selection in the 9th round of the '83 draft. He was an overachiever and, during his first preseason game against the Jets, Parcell's said to him... "Son, you can play for my team any time."</p>

He became a fan favorite in his 1 year with the Giants for beating the odds and always giving total effort.</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

http://www.nytimes.com/1986/09/14/sports/tuggle-s-fight-against-time.html?&amp;pagewanted=1</p>i remember reading this article when i was about 17 growing up in south river, nj,and thinking that 25 was living a pretty long life.now,at 42,i realize that this brave young man's life was cut way too short.i thought when he made the team in '83 he would wind up being my man carpenters' eventual replacement.for all the younger fans who never got a chance to see him play,you missed something truly special.R.I.P.,TUGS.some of us out here still miss you.

Hey wait a min 9th round in 83 was Ali Haji Sheek

jints10
09-05-2009, 01:23 AM
Tuggle was 13c

Dont mean to be insensitive

zimonami
09-05-2009, 01:27 AM
This player was the very last selection in the 9th round of the '83 draft. He was an overachiever and, during his first preseason game against the Jets, Parcell's said to him... "Son, you can play for my team any time."</P>

</P>

</P>

Looked up the draft Zim that was a good one!</P>

I had people in Atlanta chanting his name and wearing the garb</P>

I went to school down there from 84-88 . thank God for Peoples Express and $39 round trips. I tended bar to make it to games
</P>

I still own property in Atlanta</P>

Now all I do is a licensed Electrician small company with 3 vans and 6 employees
</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

That's cool, jints. Nice to have your own business like that... Has the recession hurt your business?</P>

Yeah, when you're 17, 25 seems decent. Now you know how fast the years melt away. I'm 62, and it really seems like yesterday I was 42, like you.</P>

I've been to Atlanta about 15 times. I like the area.</P>

jints10
09-05-2009, 01:38 AM

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

That's cool, jints. Nice to have your own business like that... Has the recession hurt your business?</p>

Yeah, when you're 17, 25 seems decent. Now you know how fast the years melt away. I'm 62, and it really seems like yesterday I was 42, like you.</p>

I've been to Atlanta about 15 times. I like the area.</p>
I had to layoff two good guty cuz the new home start ups just arent the same anymore. Good thing is folks seem to be improving their own homes instead of taking a vacation.

BTW I'm 45 just turned on 29th Aug good thing about my bday is football is here

jints10
09-05-2009, 01:54 AM

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

That's cool, jints. Nice to have your own business like that... Has the recession hurt your business?</p>

Yeah, when you're 17, 25 seems decent. Now you know how fast the years melt away. I'm 62, and it really seems like yesterday I was 42, like you.</p>

I've been to Atlanta about 15 times. I like the area.</p>
I had to layoff two good guty cuz the new home start ups just arent the same anymore. Good thing is folks seem to be improving their own homes instead of taking a vacation.

Zim that 81 playoff was the first me and probably RBC have seen in our lifetime

I was brought up on blind faith that things would get better

I was born in 64

How many years of lousy football "We had enough"

YATittle1962
09-05-2009, 12:15 PM
</p>

'74? Those were brutal times for us. Mara's arguing with each other and no really knowledgeable GM until '79. Poor talent judging back then. Like I said, McQuay was small and tough. But, he was a small guy, and a trimmer build than a guy like Meggett. He was serviceable, and I remember "All the way McQuay". But, you couldn't use guys like him to build a steady winner. Like Leon Bright, he was pretty fearless... geezuz, you'd have to be fearless to be 5'8" and 175 and run the football in the NFL.</p>

But we had our hero's

pre George Young....

I really think Andy Robustelli was good for the FO......

he just happened to be there in the middle of an internal war....

I really think he had the teams best interest in mind ...and he had very good intentions.....was a good business man as well...

turning down his ex teammate Modzelewski for the head coaching job had to be painful....

but he was right in thinking that another ex Giant player as a coach would have sent the city into an uproar..

I know Andy really believed in Van Pelt....and took a ton of flack for his contract.....

those were tough times for the team

who was the WR that wore the odd #27 in 1974?

I always thought that was odd for a WR back then

rbcarpenter
09-05-2009, 12:23 PM
bobby grimm

zimonami
09-05-2009, 02:52 PM

</P>

That bites. At least you've still got the 6. Good luck.</P>

Something in my pea brain told me you were 42...lol</P>

You were fortunate to be able to enjoy all of LT's career. Every game was ewxciting with him in it.</P>

YATittle1962
09-05-2009, 04:47 PM
bobby grimm

good call rbc

Bob Grimm is right on

BigBlue1971
09-05-2009, 06:01 PM

</P>

</P>

Oct. 28 1962

</P>

</P>

and gave u a nice avatar too! my first game was in october or november 66 when the g-men beat the "foreskins". i think that was the only win that season! </P>

my first game was also against the skins....

were you living in the Bronx then?
</P>

</P>

yeh i was, that was from the beginning. we live up the street from yankee stadium. my dad worked at a diner down town and managed to score tickets from customers, at least thats what he told me. </P>

YATittle1962
09-05-2009, 09:33 PM
this defensive end scored our only points in our home game against Dallas in 1974.....

another humiliating loss that Im some of you were at ...Zimmy...hahaha

..ok....this guy wore #78...im pretty sure he did anyway.....

who was he?

zimonami
09-05-2009, 11:04 PM
this defensive end scored our only points in our home game against Dallas in 1974..... another humiliating loss that Im some of you were at ...Zimmy...hahaha ..ok....this guy wore #78...im pretty sure he did anyway..... who was he?</P>

Yeah, Roy Hilton. That was a very long year... only 2 wins. I went to all their home games at the Yale Bowl with Aunt Jean.... always a quiet drive home. But, we did beat Dallas at Dallas that year.</P>

The other stinkin' thing about tha game was Drew Pearson threw a long TD pass o an option play... can't remember to whom, but it was their final score to make it 21-7.</P>

YATittle1962
09-05-2009, 11:09 PM
this defensive end scored our only points in our home game against Dallas in 1974..... another humiliating loss that Im some of you were at ...Zimmy...hahaha ..ok....this guy wore #78...im pretty sure he did anyway..... who was he?</P>

Yeah, Roy Hilton.* That was a very long year... only 2 wins.* I went to all their home games at the Yale Bowl with Aunt Jean.... always a quiet drive home. But, we did beat Dallas at Dallas that year.</P>

The other stinkin' thing about tha game was Drew Pearson threw a long TD pass o an option play... can't remember to whom, but it was their final score to make it 21-7.</P>

yeah Zimmy....

I remember that option pass.......cant remember who caught it though......

that sure was a long season......

Im curious how Aunt Jean felt about those years.......

she ever complain....or praise the glory of the 50s and early 60s?

rbcarpenter
09-05-2009, 11:20 PM

Yeah, Roy Hilton.* That was a very long year... only 2 wins.* I went to all their home games at the Yale Bowl with Aunt Jean.... always a quiet drive home. But, we did beat Dallas at Dallas that year.</P>

yeah Zimmy....

I remember that option pass.......cant remember who caught it though......

that sure was a long season......

Im curious how Aunt Jean felt about those years.......

she ever complain....or praise the glory of the 50s and early 60s?golden richards caught that pass from my fellow south river high school alum drew pearson.[by the way,fellows,i'm the one who said i'm 42:)]

zimonami
09-05-2009, 11:42 PM
yeah Zimmy.... I remember that option pass.......cant remember who caught it though...... that sure was a long season...... Im curious how Aunt Jean felt about those years....... she ever complain....or praise the glory of the 50s and early 60s?</P>

She rarely criticized a player... except Tarkenton and Morton, neither of whom she liked.She knewwe weren't good enough, but appreciated the player'sefforts. She knew Tim and Well didn't get along, which was the root of it all, but she thought Well was a saint, so shewouldn't ever blame him. Mostly, she blamed the whole thing on Allie... God, how she hated that man for dismantling our defense. But, even in those bad years she was anxious to go to every home game to cheer for the guys that did play well... guys like Mendenhall who was 100% effort on every play. The only year she hated going was '75, because she hated Shea Stadium... it really was a badplace for football.</P>

Yeah, she praised the players from the 50's and early 60's, and the team commeraderie thatthey always seemed to have. But, once we started to put the pieces together again under George Young she appreciated those teams, because they were throwbacks to those early teams... defense, and pound the ball. Where most people watch the skill players on every play, she was watching the blocking and tackling on the line. She'd frequently turn to me and say, "Who carried that?", while the RB was buried under a pile, because she wasbusy watching the line play.</P>

</P>

zimonami
09-06-2009, 12:26 AM
golden richards caught that pass from my fellow south river high school alum drew pearson.[by the way,fellows,i'm the one who said i'm 42:)]</P>

Geez, Golden Richards. I remember thinking his name was perfect for the glamour Cowboys... Golden. He was a pretty good receiver.</P>

OH... on 42. I knew someone said they were 42.... lol, thanks rbc. I thought I was imaging things when jints10 said he wasn't 42. Right age, wrong man.</P>

rbcarpenter
09-06-2009, 12:53 AM
**golden richards caught that pass from my fellow south river high school alum drew pearson.[by the way,fellows,i'm the one who said i'm 42:)]</P>

Geez, Golden Richards.* I remember thinking his name was perfect for the glamour Cowboys... Golden. He was a pretty good receiver.</P>

OH... on 42.* I knew someone said they were 42.... lol, thanks rbc.* I thought I was imaging things when jints10 said he wasn't 42. Right age, wrong man.</P>no biggie,zim.hey,if you want a good laugh,check my post on "the cowturds"thread.i burned them cowboys fans so bad......i can't wait to see what they come back at me with!

zimonami
09-06-2009, 10:28 AM
golden richards caught that pass from my fellow south river high school alum drew pearson.[by the way,fellows,i'm the one who said i'm 42:)]</P>

Geez, Golden Richards. I remember thinking his name was perfect for the glamour Cowboys... Golden. He was a pretty good receiver.</P>

OH... on 42. I knew someone said they were 42.... lol, thanks rbc. I thought I was imaging things when jints10 said he wasn't 42. Right age, wrong man.</P>

no biggie,zim.hey,if you want a good laugh,check my post on "the cowturds"thread.i burned them cowboys fans so bad......i can't wait to see what they come back at me with!</P>

rbc... I looked for "the cowturds" thread on our boards, and didn't find it. I went to the Cowboys MB's and didn't want to register there... so if it's on their boards I'm gonna pass. I did notice on their boards that there were 0 members on line, and 5 guests. I don't know that I've ever come on our boards with 0 members, even in the wee hours of the morning.</P>

</P>

YATittle1962
09-06-2009, 01:38 PM
a question in honor of Aunt Jean......

Name this hard working Offensive Line......from 1970

69 61 53 63 77

I had to look up the LT and RT ...wasnt sure....was good on the rest...a couple of these guys were damn good linemen

zimonami
09-06-2009, 01:57 PM
a question in honor of Aunt Jean...... Name this hard working Offensive Line......from 1970 69 61 53 63 77 I had to look up the LT and RT ...wasnt sure....was good on the rest...a couple of these guys were damn good linemen</P>

YA - I'll bet you mean the LG... not LT. Surely you remembered Young. I had to lookup the LG and RT.</P>

Willie Young, Charlie Harper, Greg larson, Doug Van Horn, and Rich Buzin.</P>

YATittle1962
09-06-2009, 02:39 PM
a question in honor of Aunt Jean...... Name this hard working Offensive Line......from 1970 69 61 53 63 77 I had to look up the LT and RT ...wasnt sure....was good on the rest...a couple of these guys were damn good linemen</P>

YA - I'll bet you mean the LG... not LT.* Surely you remembered Young.* I had to lookup the LG and RT.</P>

Willie Young, Charlie Harper,* Greg larson, Doug Van Horn, and Rich Buzin.*</P>

believe it or not Zim....I for the life of me couldnt remember his number.......I kept thinking 67

rbcarpenter
09-06-2009, 04:12 PM
**golden richards caught that pass from my fellow south river high school alum drew pearson.[by the way,fellows,i'm the one who said i'm 42:)]</P>

Geez, Golden Richards.* I remember thinking his name was perfect for the glamour Cowboys... Golden. He was a pretty good receiver.</P>

OH... on 42.* I knew someone said they were 42.... lol, thanks rbc.* I thought I was imaging things when jints10 said he wasn't 42. Right age, wrong man.</P>

no biggie,zim.hey,if you want a good laugh,check my post on "the cowturds"thread.i burned them cowboys fans so bad......i can't wait to see what they come back at me with!</P>

rbc... I looked for "the cowturds" thread on our boards, and didn't find it.* I went to the Cowboys MB's and didn't want to register there... so if it's on their boards I'm gonna pass.* I did notice on their boards that there were 0 members on line, and 5 guests.* I don't know that I've ever come on our boards with 0 members, even in the wee hours of the morning.</P>

*</P>it's on this board and active right now,zim.it's"the cowturds are the biggest joke in the nfc east".i should have been more specific.my bad.[shaggy sounds like a middle school kid in his reply,he just doesn't get the point i'm trying to get across.}

zimonami
09-06-2009, 04:37 PM
it's on this board and active right now,zim.it's"the cowturds are the biggest joke in the nfc east".i should have been more specific.my bad.[shaggy sounds like a middle school kid in his reply,he just doesn't get the point i'm trying to get across.}</P>

</P>

Gotcha... realized it had to be in Smack Central.</P>

I just got a few licks in for our side.</P>

These guys are toddlers.</P>

YATittle1962
09-07-2009, 01:53 PM
in 1972 we had a decent team.....

I was thinking about the game against the Saints where we whooped them pretty good....

so here is a multiple question deal on that game....

Archie Manning was sacked 4 times.....who got those sacks?

Archie matched those 4 sacks with 4 picks.....who got those picks?

.....and the Giants had 6 players with rushing attempts in that game.....who were they?

....hint - 1 of them is a QB...but not who started the game....

zimonami
09-07-2009, 02:21 PM
in 1972 we had a decent team..... I was thinking about the game against the Saints where we whooped them pretty good.... so here is a multiple question deal on that game.... Archie Manning was sacked 4 times.....who got those sacks? Archie matched those 4 sacks with 4 picks.....who got those picks? .....and the Giants had 6 players with rushing attempts in that game.....who were they? ....hint - 1 of them is a QB...but not who started the game....</P>

Sacks, I'll say... John Mendenhall, Jack Gregory, Larry Jacobson, and a LB, Jim Files</P>

INT's: we had a lot that year. I'll say Spider, Willie Williams, Richmond Flowers, and Pete Athas</P>

Rushing. Randy Johnson, was sub QB to Snead, so he's one. I can only think of Ron Johnson, Joe Morrison, Bobby Duhon, and Charlie Evans. I'm missing one</P>

YATittle1962
09-07-2009, 08:30 PM
in 1972 we had a decent team..... I was thinking about the game against the Saints where we whooped them pretty good.... so here is a multiple question deal on that game.... Archie Manning was sacked 4 times.....who got those sacks? Archie matched those 4 sacks with 4 picks.....who got those picks? .....and the Giants had 6 players with rushing attempts in that game.....who were they? ....hint - 1 of them is a QB...but not who started the game....</P>

Sacks, I'll say... John Mendenhall, Jack Gregory, Larry Jacobson, and a LB, Jim Files</P>

INT's:* we had a lot that year. I'll say Spider, Willie Williams, Richmond Flowers, and Pete Athas</P>

Rushing.* Randy Johnson, was sub QB to Snead, so he's one.* I can only think of Ron Johnson, Joe Morrison, Bobby Duhon, and Charlie Evans. I'm missing one</P>

rushing attempts......

Charlie Evans
Ron Johnson
Don Herrmann
Joe Morrison
Bobby Duhan
randy Johnson

INTs......

Chuck Crist
Richmond Flowers
Spider Lockhart
Willie Williams

Sacks.....

John Mendenhal
Jack Gregory
Henry Reed
Jim Files

in a 1981 OT loss to the Skins.....

this player wearing # 21.....scored his only NFL TD.....

who was he?

zimonami
09-07-2009, 10:14 PM
rushing attempts...... Charlie Evans Ron Johnson Don Herrmann Joe Morrison Bobby Duhan randy Johnson INTs...... Chuck Crist Richmond Flowers Spider Lockhart Willie Williams Sacks..... John Mendenhal Jack Gregory Henry Reed Jim Files in a 1981 OT loss to the Skins..... this player wearing # 21.....scored his only NFL TD..... who was he?</P>

I had to look this up, so I'll wait for one of the other guys who might know it. It was his only year in the pros.</P>

Roswell777
09-08-2009, 03:12 PM
No idea. But I want to put another question out there before I forget. Who was the first pick made by Reese to not make the roster?

SEC105
09-08-2009, 03:37 PM
rushing attempts...... Charlie Evans Ron Johnson Don Herrmann Joe Morrison Bobby Duhan randy Johnson INTs...... Chuck Crist Richmond Flowers Spider Lockhart Willie Williams Sacks..... John Mendenhal Jack Gregory Henry Reed Jim Files in a 1981 OT loss to the Skins..... this player wearing # 21.....scored his only NFL TD..... who was he?</P>

I had to look this up, so I'll wait for one of the other guys who might know it. It was his only year in the pros.</P>

</P>

How you doing gang? Sure missed the "Did YouKnow"thread. I did'nt look it up but Zs hint of one year made me think of a DB named Louis? Jackson...something like that</P>

SEC105
09-08-2009, 03:46 PM
No idea. But I want to put another question out there before I forget. Who was the first pick made by Reese to not make the roster?

</P>

Would that be just released QB Woodson on the practice squad technicality there Ros? I'm somewhat rusty after a long summer[:D]</P>

How many 3 TD games did Little Joe Morris have during the 85 regular season?</P>

Roswell777
09-08-2009, 07:00 PM
No idea.* But I want to put another question out there before I forget.* Who was the first pick made by Reese to not make the roster?

</P>

Would that be* just released QB Woodson on the practice squad technicality there Ros? I'm somewhat rusty after a long summer[:D]</P>

How many 3 TD games did Little Joe Morris have during the 85 regular season?</P>

Close but wrong Woodson.

Stoney Woodson the CB. After 24 straight picks that either made the roster or went on IR (Henderson, DE), Stoney Woodson was cut outright. Not a bad run for Mr. Reese.

As far as Little Joe, I'm going to guess 3.

zimonami
09-08-2009, 08:34 PM

</P>

How you doing gang? Sure missed the "Did YouKnow"thread. I did'nt look it up but Zs hint of one year made me think of a DB named Louis? Jackson...something like that</P>

</P>

Hey SEC. How ya doing?</P>

You are correect on Louis Jackson... good job. Idon't remember him well enough to know why he only played 1 year. Just not good enough? Unlikely it was do to injury.</P>

zimonami
09-08-2009, 09:38 PM
Hey Guys! Join Pizzack's free, for bragging rights pool against othe GMB members</P>

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem </P>

Group ID: 34711</P>

pasword: Pizzack
</P>

jints10
09-09-2009, 10:00 AM
Hey Guys! Join Pizzack's free, for bragging rights pool against othe GMB members</p>

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem </p>

Group ID: 34711</p>

</p>
I signed up Zim, maybe I'll go to next weeks Giants Dallas game with my 2 South West airlines tickets that I win this week[:D]

zimonami
09-09-2009, 11:21 AM
Hey Guys! Join Pizzack's free, for bragging rights pool against othe GMB members</P>

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem </P>

Group ID: 34711</P>

</P>

I signed up Zim, maybe I'll go to next weeks Giants Dallas game with my 2 South West airlines tickets that I win this week[:D]
</P>

You can fly to Dallas, but I think the only seats you'll find are sitting up on that big screen, fielding punts. If you fair catch a punt you win tickets to sit in JJ's box.</P>

YATittle1962
09-09-2009, 02:48 PM

the dreaded strike year......

in a comeback win over the Oilers...17 - 14

what player scored both TDs?....one run one catch...

SEC105
09-09-2009, 03:14 PM
1982... the dreaded strike year...... in a comeback win over the Oilers...17 - 14 what player scored both TDs?....one run one catch...</P>

My guess would be Rob Carpenter but I'm not positive on that one. What a crappy year it was...........but Parcels was just around the corner</P>

Z</P>

BigBlue1971
09-09-2009, 03:27 PM
1982... the dreaded strike year...... in a comeback win over the Oilers...17 - 14 what player scored both TDs?....one run one catch...</P>

My guess would be Rob Carpenter but I'm not positive on that one. What a crappy year it was...........but Parcels was just around the corner</P>

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

<FONT color=#0000ff>i will guess joe morris. that was the year he was drafted but i dont know for sure if it was him!</FONT></P>

SEC105
09-09-2009, 04:03 PM
While waiting for the Houston Oiler game answer......heres one 1984 , Phil Simms set 3 all time Giant passing records .What were they?</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
09-09-2009, 04:59 PM
While waiting for the Houston Oiler game answer......heres one 1984 , Phil Simms set 3 all time Giant passing records .What were they?</P>

Z</P>

</P>

I know he got his 4,000 yads that year, so I'll say yardage and passing attempts and completions.</P>

zimonami
09-09-2009, 05:05 PM

What a horrible year. Only 9 games; we didn't play Dallas at all that year; Brunner was our QB; we were 4-5. A year to forget.</P>

I'd agree with SEC on Rob Carpenter. Butch Woolfolk was ourother prime RB that year. Morris only carried 10-20 times all season. So, it's got to be Carpenter or Woolfolk.</P>

YATittle1962
09-09-2009, 06:37 PM

What a horrible year. Only 9 games; we didn't play Dallas at all that year; Brunner was our QB; we were 4-5. A year to forget.</P>

I'd agree with SEC on Rob Carpenter. Butch Woolfolk was our*other prime RB that year. Morris only carried 10-20 times all season.* So, it's got to be Carpenter or Woolfolk.</P>

Woolfolk it was Zimmy

SEC105
09-09-2009, 08:46 PM
While waiting for the Houston Oiler game answer......heres one* 1984 , Phil Simms set 3 all time Giant passing records .What were they?</P>

Z</P>

</P>

I know he got his 4,000 yads that year, so I'll say yardage and passing attempts and completions.</P>
Perfect call Z nice job
So............. still talking 84...... Giants vs Rams Wildcard game Dec...........Taylor nails ****erson in the 1st quater and He forces the fumble. Who recovered it? It was deep in Rams territory about the 20

YATittle1962
09-09-2009, 09:10 PM
While waiting for the Houston Oiler game answer......heres one* 1984 , Phil Simms set 3 all time Giant passing records .What were they?</P>

Z</P>

</P>

Perfect call Z nice job
So............. still talking 84...... Giants vs Rams Wildcard game Dec...........Taylor nails ****erson in the 1st quater and He forces the fumble. Who recovered it? It was deep in Rams territory about the 20

Ill take a wild guess and say George Martin

SEC105
09-09-2009, 09:25 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Perfect call Z nice job

Ill take a wild guess and say George Martin
Good call YA but it wasn't George............DB .........name familar to all of us

bigblue4417
09-09-2009, 10:48 PM
Did you know this?

http://19.media.tumblr.com/i2dw5nf19qxqopj72ol91EdXo1_500.jpg

The Big Fat Ugly</p>

A sandwich filled with four cheeseburgers, a double cheesesteak, a
chicken cheesesteak, gyro meat, grilled chicken, bacon, sausage,
mozzarella sticks, chicken fingers, chicken nuggets, mac n’ cheese
bites, fried mushrooms, jalapeño poppers, pizza bites, onion rings,
hash browns, American cheese, mayo, and ketchup on two rolls.</p>

zimonami
09-09-2009, 11:51 PM
Did you know this?

The Big Fat Ugly</P>

A sandwich filled with four cheeseburgers, a double cheesesteak, a chicken cheesesteak, gyro meat, grilled chicken, bacon, sausage, mozzarella sticks, chicken fingers, chicken nuggets, mac n’ cheese bites, fried mushrooms, jalapeño poppers, pizza bites, onion rings, hash browns, American cheese, mayo, and ketchup on two rolls.</P>

</P>

I'll take two. Dang, that sounds delicious. Looks gross... but it all goes down nice with a brewski.</P>

zimonami
09-09-2009, 11:57 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Perfect call Z nice job So............. still talking 84...... Giants vs Rams Wildcard game Dec...........Taylor nails ****erson in the 1st quater and He forces the fumble. Who recovered it? It was deep in Rams territory about the 20 Ill take a wild guess and say George Martin Good call YA but it wasn't George............DB .........name familar to all of us</P>

That "DB" hint makes it a lot easier... Terry Kinard?</P>

YATittle1962
09-10-2009, 02:25 AM
Did you know this?

The Big Fat Ugly</p>

A sandwich filled with four cheeseburgers, a double cheesesteak, a
chicken cheesesteak, gyro meat, grilled chicken, bacon, sausage,
mozzarella sticks, chicken fingers, chicken nuggets, mac n’ cheese
bites, fried mushrooms, jalapeño poppers, pizza bites, onion rings,
hash browns, American cheese, mayo, and ketchup on two rolls.</p>

that looks hauntingly like something off the grease trucks of Rutgers U fame......

YATittle1962
09-10-2009, 12:17 PM
what beloved move did the league take away from defensive linemen in 1977?

bigblue4417
09-10-2009, 12:20 PM
that looks hauntingly like something off the grease trucks of Rutgers U fame......

I would like to see that Hall of Fame.

I'll take two. Dang, that sounds delicious.
Looks gross... but it all goes down nice with a brewski.

It does look delicious. I would love to try it. It has enough calories in it for a month I am sure. lol

jints10
09-10-2009, 12:30 PM
Head slap

Before LT who was the last Giant inducted into the Hall of Fame

YATittle1962
09-10-2009, 12:33 PM
Head slap

nice jints.....I miss the head slap....

wasnt it Well Mara?

jints10
09-10-2009, 12:40 PM
Head slap

wasnt it Well Mara?
Yes sir Mr YA it was Well
Who was before Well? He didnt go in as a Giant though?

YATittle1962
09-10-2009, 12:51 PM
Head slap

wasnt it Well Mara?
Who was before Well?******** He didnt go in as a Giant though?

pretty sure its Landry

SEC105
09-10-2009, 03:57 PM

Z</P>

</P>

Perfect call Z nice job So............. still talking 84...... Giants vs Rams Wildcard game Dec...........Taylor nails ****erson in the 1st quater and He forces the fumble. Who recovered it? It was deep in Rams territory about the 20 Ill take a wild guess and say George Martin Good call YA but it wasn't George............DB .........name familar to all of us</P>

</P>

Not Terry Kinard Z , maybe I should have said fairly familar to all of us. His initials were BC and played from about 1980 -85</P>

SEC105
09-10-2009, 04:00 PM
Head slap

nice jints.....I miss the head slap.... wasnt it Well Mara?
pretty sure its Landry</P>

I think it's Landry too but if not maybe Tarkenton</P>

The year we drafted Jumbo Elliot [1988]?he was the 2nd round pick. We picked a tackle in the first round also. Without looking it up anyone remember who he was?</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
09-10-2009, 04:06 PM
Did you know this?

The Big Fat Ugly</P>

A sandwich filled with four cheeseburgers, a double cheesesteak, a chicken cheesesteak, gyro meat, grilled chicken, bacon, sausage, mozzarella sticks, chicken fingers, chicken nuggets, mac n’ cheese bites, fried mushrooms, jalapeño poppers, pizza bites, onion rings, hash browns, American cheese, mayo, and ketchup on two rolls.</P>

Thats my usual lunch. I start with a salad [balsomic vinergerate dressing] that it's on to "the big fat ugly" LOL Know I've seen something like that many times in the parking lot @ Giants Stadium or some version of it</P>

Z</P>

zimonami
09-10-2009, 06:57 PM

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

Not Terry Kinard Z , maybe I should have said fairly familar to all of us. His initials were BC and played from about 1980 -85</P>

</P>

I can only think of Bill Currier. He wasn't a starter, I don't think, but he played strong safety, and he was always a very good, dependable player</P>

</P>

SEC... I'm also a big Balsamic fan, and even enjoy it on meats, and in marinades</P>

zimonami
09-10-2009, 06:57 PM

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

I can only think of Bill Currier. He wasn't a starter, I don't think, but he played strong safety, and he was always a very good, dependable player</P>

</P>

SEC... I'm also a big Balsamic fan, and even enjoy it on meats, and in marinades</P>

jints10
09-11-2009, 11:02 AM
Head slap

wasnt it Well Mara?

pretty sure its Landry
Sorry it took some time for me to get back on this dang work
Yep it was Landry

Roswell777
09-11-2009, 11:32 AM
Head slap

pretty sure its Landry</p>

I think it's Landry too but if not maybe Tarkenton</p>

The year we drafted Jumbo Elliot [1988]?he was the 2nd round pick. We picked a tackle in the first round also. Without looking it up anyone remember who he was?</p>

Z</p>

That would be Eric Moore, also an O lineman who had a pretty decent run with the Gmen. The reason why I remember him is because I think he was one of the guys doing that dance with Pepper Johnson at the end of SB 21.

Also, he was one of those guys who supports the theory that whenever the Giants draft 2 of the same position players really close together, the 2nd one turns out better. Woolfolk and Morris are another example. They were in the same draft and were drafted very close together and the 2nd guy turned out to be better than the first. Throughout the last 25 years there have been other examples. Can any of you guys think of another?

One more question. Name the teams that have won more SBs than the Giants since the 86 season?

SEC105
09-11-2009, 05:09 PM

Z</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Bill Currier it was. Always thought he made his contribution and that was a big fumble recovery.</P>

LOL on the balsamic vinegar , yes I do enjoy itonsome stuff but I was just kidding about eating that Giant sandwich everyday. Maybe if I was in my teens again[:D]</P>

SEC105
09-11-2009, 05:14 PM
Head slap

pretty sure its Landry</P>

I think it's Landry too but if not maybe Tarkenton</P>

The year we drafted Jumbo Elliot [1988]?he was the 2nd round pick. We picked a tackle in the first round also. Without looking it up anyone remember who he was?</P>

Z</P>

That would be Eric Moore, also an O lineman who had a pretty decent run with the Gmen. The reason why I remember him is because I think he was one of the guys doing that dance with Pepper Johnson at the end of SB 21.

Also, he was one of those guys who supports the theory that whenever the Giants draft 2 of the same position players really close together, the 2nd one turns out better. Woolfolk and Morris are another example. They were in the same draft and were drafted very close together and the 2nd guy turned out to be better than the first. Throughout the last 25 years there have been other examples. Can any of you guys think of another?

One more question. Name the teams that have won more SBs than the Giants since the 86 season?

</P>

Also we picked Lee Rouson ahead of Dave Megget. Rouson was good but Megget turned into a monster grab for us</P>

Lets see 3 time SB winnerssince 86. Dallas [ ugh] SF? and New England. That would be my answer Ros</P>

Z</P>

SEC105
09-11-2009, 05:16 PM
Who replaced Hoss @ QB for a few plays when he went down in the NFC Championship game 1991?</P>

Z</P>

YATittle1962
09-11-2009, 07:36 PM
Who replaced Hoss @ QB for a few plays when he went down in the NFC Championship game 1991?</P>

Z</P>

my heart sunk when Hoss went down....I thought his ex teammate broke his leg....

Cavanaugh...(sp?) came in for him....

pretty sure he just handed the ball off a few times before Hoss was warming up again.......maybe he threw an incompletion or two ....cant really remember....

that was a scary few minutes......no wonder I blanked it from my memory

if my memory serves me correctly it was only minutes before Montana was taken out

zimonami
09-11-2009, 10:08 PM

Z</P>

my heart sunk when Hoss went down....I thought his ex teammate broke his leg.... Cavanaugh...(sp?) came in for him.... pretty sure he just handed the ball off a few times before Hoss was warming up again.......maybe he threw an incompletion or two ....cant really remember.... that was a scary few minutes......no wonder I blanked it from my memory if my memory serves me correctly it was only minutes before Montana was taken out</P>

Yeah, Matt. That scared me to death. I don't think Cavanaugh threw a pass all year and I'm thinking... "We lucked out that Hoss filled in good for Phil... can we be lucky again?" But, where Hoss was an untested QB, Cavanaugh had been around the NFL for awhile.</P>

rbcarpenter
09-11-2009, 10:25 PM
ok,here's one:in the '84 opener against the eagles,simms had a great day throwing for 409 yrds and 4 td's.one of them was a great juggling catch by an unknown wr.WHO?

zimonami
09-11-2009, 10:59 PM
ok,here's one:in the '84 opener against the eagles,simms had a great day throwing for 409 yrds and 4 td's.one of them was a great juggling catch by an unknown wr.WHO?</P>

Was thatthe rookie, Bobby Johnson?</P>

Something I can't remember... Johnson played with us '84 to '86. Why didn't he play after the SB year?</P>

flyinryan
09-11-2009, 11:09 PM
I believe he was traded to the Chargers. I don't think he made the team either. It's great he got a ring though.

zimonami
09-12-2009, 02:23 AM
I believe he was traded to the Chargers. I don't think he made the team either. It's great he got a ring though.</P>

I think you're right... he must not have made the team, somehow, because '86 is listed as his last NFL year.</P>

Well, he'll always be remembered, especially for 3rd and 17.</P>

SEC105
09-12-2009, 11:19 AM
I believe he was traded to the Chargers. I don't think he made the team either. It's great he got a ring though.</P>

I think you're right... he must not have made the team, somehow, because '86 is listed as his last NFL year.</P>

1986 4th and 17 Simms to Bobby Johnson @ Minn Complete!!! Who kicked the field goal to win it? I think we all knew at that point we on to something special. What a year!
Z

Roswell777
09-12-2009, 12:23 PM
Head slap

pretty sure its Landry</p>

I think it's Landry too but if not maybe Tarkenton</p>

The year we drafted Jumbo Elliot [1988]?he was the 2nd round pick. We picked a tackle in the first round also. Without looking it up anyone remember who he was?</p>

Z</p>

</p>

Also we picked Lee Rouson ahead of Dave Megget. Rouson was good but Megget turned into a monster grab for us</p>

Lets see 3 time SB winnerssince 86. Dallas [ ugh] SF? and New England. That would be my answer Ros</p>

Z</p>

Since 1986 the Giants have won 3 and in that time no team has won more. A couple of teams have won 3 but none have won 4.

Roswell777
09-12-2009, 12:29 PM
ok,here's one:in the '84 opener against the eagles,simms had a great day throwing for 409 yrds and 4 td's.one of them was a great juggling catch by an unknown wr.WHO?

I remember that game. If I'm not mistaken, Simms threw for 300 yrds IN THE FIRST HALF.
I know they had Sherrad then and he was making catches but they also had another fast guy and the play you're talking about was thrown kind of over his head and slightly behind him down the middle of the field deep.

I want to say something like Byron Williams. Something with a B. This is going to bother me the whole day because I refuse to look these things up.

Roswell777
09-12-2009, 12:31 PM
I believe he was traded to the Chargers. I don't think he made the team either. It's great he got a ring though.</p>

I think you're right... he must not have made the team, somehow, because '86 is listed as his last NFL year.</p>

Well, he'll always be remembered, especially for 3rd and 17.</p>
1986 4th and 17 Simms to Bobby Johnson @ Minn Complete!!! Who kicked the field goal to win it? I think we all knew at that point we on to something special. What a year!
Z

Was it Allegre? I think The Sheik was gone by then.

zimonami
09-12-2009, 12:58 PM

1986 4th and 17 Simms to Bobby Johnson @ Minn Complete!!! Who kicked the field goal to win it? I think we all knew at that point we on to something special. What a year! Z</P>

TY, SEC... of course it was 4th and 17... not 3rd.</P>

A great play, and you're right... I felt the same. I knew right then that the force was with us. </P>

How could you go wrong with LT imploring the D to play "like a bunch of crazed dogs."</P>

zimonami
09-12-2009, 01:03 PM

I remember that game. If I'm not mistaken, Simms threw for 300 yrds IN THE FIRST HALF.
I know they had Sherrad then and he was making catches but they also had another fast guy and the play you're talking about was thrown kind of over his head and slightly behind him down the middle of the field deep.

I want to say something like Byron Williams. Something with a B. This is going to bother me the whole day because I refuse to look these things up.

</P>

I think you're right, Ros. When I saw the name I knewyou wereclose. Wanted to say Brian Williams, but he was our OL in the 90's, and in SBXXV. So, I think Byron must be right, or danged close</P>

jints10
09-12-2009, 01:51 PM

Sharrad didnt get to the Giants till 94 when Reeves brought him over from Denver.

YATittle1962
09-12-2009, 02:30 PM

I remember that game.* If I'm not mistaken, Simms threw for 300 yrds IN THE FIRST HALF.
I know they had Sherrad then and he was making catches but they also had another fast guy and the play you're talking about was thrown kind of over his head and slightly behind him down the middle of the field deep.*

I want to say something like Byron Williams.* Something with a B.* This is going to bother me the whole day because I refuse to look these things up.

Sharrad didnt get to the Giants till 94 when Reeves brought him over from Denver.

was it Byron jints?

who was the RB that season that wore # 31?

he was mostly a kick returner

jints10
09-12-2009, 03:45 PM

was it Byron jints?

Yea YA Byron Williams had 5 catches for 167 yds and Bobby Johnson had 8 catches for 137 yds

Frank Cephus wore #31 in 1984

YATittle1962
09-12-2009, 07:47 PM

I remember that game.* If I'm not mistaken, Simms threw for 300 yrds IN THE FIRST HALF.
I know they had Sherrad then and he was making catches but they also had another fast guy and the play you're talking about was thrown kind of over his head and slightly behind him down the middle of the field deep.*

I want to say something like Byron Williams.* Something with a B.* This is going to bother me the whole day because I refuse to look these things up.

was it Byron jints?

Yea YA Byron Williams had 5 catches for 167 yds and Bobby Johnson had 8 catches for 137 yds

good call jints.....felt like Frank had a cup of coffee with the Giants and didnt even finish the cup......

I just read an article on this and it had me laughing remembering that day......

2001 I believe......

Giants Cardinals........

the Cards kicker celebrates like he just won the SB after kicking a first quarter FG to put the Cards up 3 - 0......

while celebrating he injures himself......the whole stadium roars in laughter...

who was that kicker?

jints10
09-12-2009, 08:02 PM

was it Byron jints?

good call jints.....felt like Frank had a cup of coffee with the Giants and didnt even finish the cup......

I just read an article on this and it had me laughing remembering that day......

2001 I believe......

Giants Cardinals........

the Cards kicker celebrates like he just won the SB after kicking a first quarter FG to put the Cards up 3 - 0......

while celebrating he injures himself......the whole stadium roars in laughter...

who was that kicker?
That was one of the Gramatica boys....I'll guess Martian

YATittle1962
09-12-2009, 08:08 PM
yup DRAMAtica himself.....hahahaha

that was hilarious

zimonami
09-12-2009, 08:13 PM

was it Byron jints? who was the RB that season that wore # 31? he was mostly a kick returner

good call jints.....felt like Frank had a cup of coffee with the Giants and didnt even finish the cup...... I just read an article on this and it had me laughing remembering that day...... 2001 I believe...... Giants Cardinals........ the Cards kicker celebrates like he just won the SB after kicking a first quarter FG to put the Cards up 3 - 0...... while celebrating he injures himself......the whole stadium roars in laughter... who was that kicker?
That was one of the Gramatica boys....I'll guess <FONT size=4>Martian
</FONT></P>

Martian... was he your Favorite, jints?</P>

jints10
09-13-2009, 09:52 AM

was it Byron jints? who was the RB that season that wore # 31? he was mostly a kick returner

good call jints.....felt like Frank had a cup of coffee with the Giants and didnt even finish the cup...... I just read an article on this and it had me laughing remembering that day...... 2001 I believe...... Giants Cardinals........ the Cards kicker celebrates like he just won the SB after kicking a first quarter FG to put the Cards up 3 - 0...... while celebrating he injures himself......the whole stadium roars in laughter... who was that kicker?
That was one of the Gramatica boys....I'll guess <font size="4">Martian
</font></p>

Martian... was he your Favorite, jints?</p>
Maybe George Martian